EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I gotta get this off my chest...
Ryuujin
posted 08-02-2004 02:19:54 AM
(Don't read if you have a weak stomach. I consider my stomach hardened yet I almost threw up because of the conditions surrounding this situation).

As some of you may know, I'm an Animal Control Officer (not an offical sworn one, but that just means I can give people tickets). For the most part the job is fine. Someone's dog running loose? Threaten to fine them $50. Someone got bit? Fill out a bite report and quarantine the animal for 10 days...

But sometimes you encounter real sickos in this job, like I had too today. Around 5:30pm I get a call from my brother who is over at his friend's house across the road about a stray dog who is pretty bad off. "No problem." I think, probably just skinny and flea-bitten. Boy was I wrong.

When I pulled up and got out of the car, I could tell immediately something wasn't right with this dog. As I got closer, my stomach lurched at what I saw. The dog's collar had been on so tight, that over time, had torn away the fur, skin (epidermis and dermis, and had dug into the flesh of the dog's neck, leaving an open, bloody wound across the back of his neck.

As if that weren't bad enough, I come to find out from my brother and his friend that they saw a green Ford pickup toss the dog out, abandoning it, and speeding off. Well by this time I had a mixture of emotions, ranging from pity, disgust, rage, and misanthropy.

Well I cut the collar off the dog, and put him in the back of my county truck and went 65 down the highway to the Emergency Vet in Havelock where they had about the same reaction as me (Ironic sidenote, as you walk into the vet, there's this big picture on the wall with a drawing and a Gandhi quote: "The moral development of a society can be judged by the way it treats its animals."). We eventually had to put the dog down, which was probably the best choice, considering how he was suffering, and also how it would have taken him a really long time to . He was a real friendly border collie mix, who despite how he'd been treated, was constantly wagging his tail at me, the vet techs and the DVM on duty.

I really hope we find the bastard who treated his dog this way, because he'll have a few less teeth after I'm through with him.

Demos
Pancake
posted 08-02-2004 02:28:28 AM

That's horrible. That kind of abuse is just...well fuck, I don't have words to use right now. Sadly though I doubt the person will be caught, since animal abuse isn't a priority for man-time.

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 08-02-2004 02:29:47 AM
holy fuck...

I'm at a total loss for words... How can someone be that cruel...

just... jesus fuck...

Demos
Pancake
posted 08-02-2004 02:34:17 AM
The thing about that is that it goes beyond negligence. If they were lazy they would have let the dog loose long ago...but they kept it with that tight collar. Thats sick. Utterly irredeemable.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 08-02-2004 03:39:18 AM
Assholes deserve a slow torturous death! *SNARLS*
"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 08-02-2004 03:43:59 AM
That is sick beyond measure.

Ryuujin
posted 08-02-2004 09:20:42 AM
Some good news: We found the bastard who did this to the dog, and as soon as we build a case against him we're going to prosecute him to the full extent of the law.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-02-2004 09:33:55 AM
quote:
Ryuujin Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Some good news: We found the bastard who did this to the dog, and as soon as we build a case against him we're going to prosecute him to the full extent of the law.

Good to hear. Bastards who do shit like this deserve to burn in the fiery pits of hell, pierced through the arse with a white-hot poker, slowly being turned over a roaring fire.

Poor doggy though. Doubly sad since the next dog I get I want to be a border collie.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-02-2004 09:34:14 AM
Awesome!
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 08-02-2004 10:13:18 AM
You think that's bad? In Akron, they recently arrested several people for strapping fireworks to live stray cats then lighting them.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 08-02-2004 10:13:45 AM
When I was growing up, my next door neighbor and best friend's mother was (and still is) a Texas Wildlife Rehabilitationist. I've seen some shit that'd make your skin crawl. I've also gotten to play with some types of animals many of you might never even get to see in person or at least up close

I'm glad you found the bastard that did that. Was the wound really so bad you had to put the dog down? It seems like it wasn't really feeling that much pain once you cut the collar off if it was happy and wagging its tail at you.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-02-2004 10:16:23 AM
Hey Ryuu, how about you come get me and I'll come with you and we can beat the shit out of this guy together?
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 08-02-2004 02:14:26 PM
If you do, kick him once square in the jimmy for me. HARD.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 08-02-2004 02:24:19 PM
quote:
Cherveny stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
You think that's bad? In Akron, they recently arrested several people for strapping fireworks to live stray cats then lighting them.

There was resently a case where two college boys strapped an m-1000 on a rabbit, lit the fuse and tossed it in a lake. (luckaly defeating the purpose)

Hopefully this guy will get smacked for what he did to the poor dog.

Lesage
APPROVED
posted 08-02-2004 02:27:14 PM
There is a very special place in hell for these people and its located below the place for people who talk in theater. I hope it involves pineapples up the ass. They deserve no less.
Premarital sex isn't worth it! You can catch AIDS, or cancer, or testicle weevils, or a bad body image or rickets. You know what IS worth it? Making love to Jesus. Because you can't knock Him up and He'll never ask what you're thinking – cuz He already knows!
^^Good times there!

Still always, Not-Dude.

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-02-2004 03:33:08 PM
quote:
Bajah's account was hax0red to write:
....It seems like it wasn't really feeling that much pain once you cut the collar off if it was happy and wagging its tail at you.

Some dogs will wag their tails and bee happy no matter what happens to them. Like my old man's dog Dillon. Even when he is being diciplined he will wag his tail, or the time he and our other dog got into a scrape and his eyelid was all cut up and bleeding, we was still all happy and wagging his tail.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 08-02-2004 03:56:48 PM
quote:
Peter was listening to Cher while typing:
Some dogs will wag their tails and bee happy no matter what happens to them. Like my old man's dog Dillon. Even when he is being diciplined he will wag his tail, or the time he and our other dog got into a scrape and his eyelid was all cut up and bleeding, we was still all happy and wagging his tail.

This is true. Our lab got cut up by broken glass so bad she needed stitches.

Trying to get her to stop chasing the ball long enough to get her to the vet was a trip... It didn't seem to bother her. She would run around, wag her tail and want the ball to be thrown...

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-02-2004 03:58:53 PM
rofl u guys sure r badass

I agree it's bad and wrong, but don't go acting like you can go kill a person because they treated an animal poorly.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-02-2004 04:07:55 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Mr. Parcelan wrote:

I agree it's bad and wrong, but don't go acting like you can go kill a person because they treated an animal poorly.

This coming from the person who is all about violence with no purpose?

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-02-2004 04:10:22 PM
quote:
Katrinity wrote this stupid crap:
This coming from the person who is all about violence with no purpose?

Please find and point out the last time I threatened anyone will real life violence for doing something I found appalling.

Ryuujin
posted 08-02-2004 04:15:44 PM
quote:
Bajah stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
I'm glad you found the bastard that did that. Was the wound really so bad you had to put the dog down? It seems like it wasn't really feeling that much pain once you cut the collar off if it was happy and wagging its tail at you.

He was a tailwagger from the moment I pulled up. The vet at the clinic said that his injury is correctable, but would have costs buttloads of money on surgery and anti-biotics. Plus the fact that this dog weighed only about 30 pounds which was VERY underweight for a dog his breed and size. You could literally see his ribs poking against his skin. If that's not much of an image for you, I could have taken my thumbs and middle fingers on both hands and formed a circle around his waist with my fingers touching. Very pitiful.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-02-2004 04:18:54 PM
Please note: I think it is a horrible that this happened to this dog. I'm glad that there will be a case built against him.

I just think it's lame to pretend to be an internet badass and wish him dead.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-02-2004 04:30:40 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Please find and point out the last time I threatened anyone will real life violence for doing something I found appalling.

Bloodrose, for existing! You sick freak. ^.^

quote:
Doeth quote the Mr. Parcelan,
KILL HIM!

OMG

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Mod
Pancake
posted 08-02-2004 04:33:31 PM
I agree with Parcelan here, the guy who hurt the dog was an ass but all the over-the-top rage is rather stupid.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-02-2004 04:34:42 PM
Yar, which is why I back punishment, not death. Hopefully he'll get plenty before and after life.

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 08-02-2004 at 04:35 PM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-02-2004 06:11:22 PM
nm.

KaLourin fucked around with this message on 08-02-2004 at 06:12 PM.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-02-2004 07:01:14 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Mr. Parcelan wrote:

rofl u sure r cool for pointing that out

I don't see anyone mentioning killing said guy either. I see "deserves a special place in hell" and "deserves a slow death", but no mention of "I'll kill him". Sure, some people would want to beat the crap out of him...but not kill him. Why do you have to point that out when I'm sure everyone knew that anyway?

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 08-02-2004 at 07:05 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-02-2004 07:14:25 PM
quote:
So quoth Falaanla Marr:
Hey Ryuu, how about you come get me and I'll come with you and we can beat the shit out of this guy together?

Looks like a threat to me.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-02-2004 07:31:22 PM
*Standard 'who cares about animals, there are humans out there getting worse' response*
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-02-2004 07:33:34 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan thought about the meaning of life:
Looks like a threat to me.

I believe you mentioned KILLING a person, not beating the shit out of a person. Two totally different things.

And no, I wasn't trying to be some "internet badass", but a guy like that does deserve to get smacked around -- had that been your dog, I know for damn sure you'd wanna beat the hell out of the guy. But nowhere did anyone mention killing.

quote:
Led had this to say about Optimus Prime:
*Standard 'who cares about animals, there are humans out there getting worse' response*

*standard "I'd say the same thing if it were a human" response*

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 08-02-2004 at 07:35 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-02-2004 07:35:00 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Falaanla Marr!
I believe you mentioned KILLING a person, not beating the shit out of a person. Two totally different things.

And no, I wasn't trying to be some "internet badass", but a guy like that does deserve to get smacked around -- had that been your dog, I know for damn sure you'd wanna beat the hell out of the guy.

I said wishing someone dead. Wishing someone to hell? That's close.

But I also mentioned threatening real life violence. Go read my posts, then read your posts. You have no case here.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-02-2004 07:36:57 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I said wishing someone dead. Wishing someone to hell? That's close.

But I also mentioned threatening real life violence. Go read my posts, then read your posts. You have no case here.

Actually, said person would only go to hell after death.

And I'm not TRYING to have a case in the whole violence part -- I'm simply saying that noone wished death on someone. I was replying to your first post anyways, not the one where you mentioned about threatening real life violence. Had you meant real life violence in the first post, you should have said it in the first post. And still wondering why you had a need to even point it out (other than to be an ass about something, which you haven't done lately.)

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 08-02-2004 at 07:38 PM.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-02-2004 07:39:16 PM
quote:
So quoth Falaanla Marr:
*standard "I'd say the same thing if it were a human" response*

*Expected throwing of icecream cone into face*

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-02-2004 07:41:45 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr attempted to be funny by writing:
And I'm not TRYING to have a case in the whole violence part -- I'm simply saying that noone wished death on someone. I was replying to your first post anyways, not the one where you mentioned about threatening real life violence. Had you meant real life violence in the first post, you should have said it in the first post. And still wondering why you had a need to even point it out (other than to be an ass about something, which you haven't done lately.)

Have we sunk so low so as to assume anyone with a differing opinion that doesn't cover it with a smurfy fresh attitude is just doing it to be an ass?

If you want to cry and weep because I think that snarling and spitting and pretending to be tough online is a lame display, go right ahead. I didn't do anything wrong here except state my opinion. You were free to take it or leave it.

You chose to argue with it.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-02-2004 07:47:25 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Mr. Parcelan wrote:
Have we sunk so low so as to assume anyone with a differing opinion that doesn't cover it with a smurfy fresh attitude is just doing it to be an ass?

If you want to cry and weep because I think that snarling and spitting and pretending to be tough online is a lame display, go right ahead. I didn't do anything wrong here except state my opinion. You were free to take it or leave it.

You chose to argue with it.

No, you were telling other people how to act:

quote:

Stating your opinion would have included adding words such as "I think it is stupid..." as opposed to issuing a command to people (which is what you did.) You chose to force your opinion on others, thinking that it is the only single way to act. Notei n particular the way Mod stated his opinion.

I doubt anyone here is foolish enough to think they could actually go do this and get away with it. It is just another way of expressing extreme displeasure with an action

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 08-02-2004 at 07:50 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-02-2004 07:48:52 PM
Calling that "telling people how to act" is a bit of a stretch. It's along the same lines as "don't be an ass": not a command, just some blunt advice.

And it's a pretty ignorant way to express yourself.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-02-2004 07:51:34 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
And it's a pretty ignorant way to express yourself.

So is taking a shit in sock drawers, but you seem to think THAT one is ok.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-02-2004 07:54:13 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Falaanla Marr wrote:
So is taking a shit in sock drawers, but you seem to think THAT one is ok.

Wow, you're really not doing too well on this.

Go find me a thread where I responded to anything serious by shitting in a sock drawer. Go find where I said I'd shit in Drysart's sock drawer because I don't agree with his political views. Go find where I said I'd shit in a child molestor's sock drawer so he'd know how I felt about his methods.

Give it up.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 08-02-2004 07:55:40 PM
JESUS FUCKING H. CHRIST!

A DOG WAS ABUSED AND LEFT FOR DEAD! STOP FUCKING ARGUING OVER IT! It's just demoralizes the whole fucking thing. Christ...

Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 08-02-2004 08:50:37 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan's fortune cookie read:
Please note: I think it is a horrible that this happened to this dog. I'm glad that there will be a case built against him.

I just think it's lame to pretend to be an internet badass and wish him dead.

Note the last line there.. gee.. means you're lame too cause you've done this countless amounts of times both in chat room and on these boards.

"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: