EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Some new movies coming out.
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 06-21-2004 01:20:43 AM
I was checking out Yahoo for movie trailers, and I saw some that I thought were interesting (note: didn't say good.) enough to post here.

Another historical film, looks ehh, Alexander

3 words, Matirx: Openly Religious. Constantine.

And for you Johnny Depp lovers, Finding Neverland.

This looks like it has potential, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 06-21-2004 01:23:25 AM
I'm most looking forward to Garden State
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-21-2004 01:25:27 AM
Lemony Snicket's looks frightening.

Finding Neverland looks to be a nice chick flick ;P

Zair
The Imp
posted 06-21-2004 01:29:50 AM
I'm looking forward to Fahrenheit 9/11, which comes out this Friday.

Hell, even the Fox News reviewer praised it.

Zair fucked around with this message on 06-21-2004 at 01:30 AM.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 06-21-2004 01:33:59 AM
I must be psychic. Fuck Miss Cleo, give Snoota a call. I saw Zair replied to this thread and said, 'Welp, here goes Zair giving Michael Moore head, again,' and BEHOLD!
Zair
The Imp
posted 06-21-2004 01:35:37 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Snoota:
I saw Zair replied to this thread and said, 'Welp, here goes Zair giving Michael Moore head, again,' and BEHOLD!

He tips well.

Zair fucked around with this message on 06-21-2004 at 01:39 AM.

Lashanna
noob
posted 06-21-2004 01:36:33 AM
I wanna go see King Arthur.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2004 01:37:34 AM
quote:
Zair stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:

Ditto.

Also waiting on Spiderman 2 and Anchorman.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 06-21-2004 01:43:21 AM
Hmmmmm Interesting, wasn't too impressed with the first movie.
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2004 01:44:47 AM
quote:
Death of Rats probably says this to all the girls:
Hmmmmm Interesting, wasn't too impressed with the first movie.

It was decent, and probably the best movie based on a video game ever made.

I doubt I'll see it until it's on DVD, though.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Snoota
posted 06-21-2004 01:46:15 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop's fortune cookie read:

How about this little movie called MORTAL KOMBAT.

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 06-21-2004 01:46:16 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop spewed forth this undeniable truth:

blashemor, Mario Bros. was the best, and anyone who denys this shall fall under the feet of my Goomba Army!

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2004 01:48:25 AM
quote:
Death of Rats wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
blashemor, Mario Bros. was the best, and anyone who denys this shall fall under the feet of my Goomba Army!

That's a whole 'nother type of good, but it is also my favorite video game movie.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 06-21-2004 02:14:31 AM
quote:
Snoota attempted to be funny by writing:

That was the cheesiest excuse ever for an action/game movie with horrible acting and an even cheesier plot...

Man I loved it so much...

And I thought the Resident Evil movie was OK, but not all that great. It was a good flick, and I'd watch it again. Apocolypse looks better.

Note: You can catch the beaver shot on Mila in the last scene where she is in the Hospital Gown and crawling along the floor. Boob shot as well, even though she doesn't really have anything to see up there. And they aren't actually short shots.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2004 02:16:41 AM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Pirotess:

That's an odd case. It lies somewhere between good good (Resident Evil) and bad good (Super Mario Brothers).

Whatever it is, it's the best one of those. No doubt about it.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 06-21-2004 02:41:52 AM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Cuba:

Hell, even the Fox News reviewer praised it.

You mean the movie where Michael Moore once again makes shit up and tries to pass it off as the truth? Hell even Roger Ebert ripped into him for making most of it up. And he agrees with his politics. Not to mention the fact that the title is a blatant and un-sanctioned rippoff from Fahrenheit 451, which has prompted a lawsuit.

The best movie MM could make would be a self documentary of him hanging himself. Now that would be worth seeing.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Zair
The Imp
posted 06-21-2004 02:49:05 AM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Hell even Roger Ebert ripped into him for making most of it up. And he agrees with his politics.

Hey, check this article out, written by Ebert 3 days ago: http://www.suntimes.com/output/eb-feature/cst-ftr-moore18.html

Specifically read the second-to-last paragraph. Is it too much to ask of you to not just make shit up?

Zair fucked around with this message on 06-21-2004 at 02:50 AM.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 06-21-2004 02:52:50 AM
Oh, as for movies that I want to see this summer. SM2, Arthur, AvP, The Bourne Supremacy, I Robot (although they murdered the story), and Probably Alexander.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 06-21-2004 02:59:06 AM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Captain Planet:
Hey, check this article out, written by Ebert 3 days ago: http://www.suntimes.com/output/eb-feature/cst-ftr-moore18.html

Specifically read the second-to-last paragraph. Is it too much to ask of you to not just make shit up?

Is it to much to ask that you read everything in the article?

quote:
The pitfall for Moore is not subjectivity, but accuracy. We expect him to hold an opinion and argue it, but we also require his facts to be correct. I was an admirer of his previous doc, the Oscar-winning "Bowling for Columbine," until I discovered that some of his "facts" were wrong, false or fudged.

In some cases, he was guilty of making a good story better, but in other cases (such as his ambush of Charlton Heston) he was unfair, and in still others (such as the wording on the plaque under the bomber at the Air Force Academy) he was just plain wrong, as anyone can see by going to look at the plaque.

Because I agree with Moore's politics, his inaccuracies pained me, and I wrote about them in my Answer Man column. Moore wrote me that he didn't expect such attacks "from you, of all people." But I cannot ignore flaws simply because I agree with the filmmaker. In hurting his cause, he wounds mine

I should have worded my original post better. He makes a lot of his stuff up, and not just in F 9/11.
Sorry MM is an idiot. He should use what few brain cells he has left to do something productive. Like leaving the country.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 06-21-2004 03:03:49 AM
quote:
Azizza wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I should have worded my original post better. He makes a lot of his stuff up, and not just in F 9/11.
Sorry MM is an idiot. He should use what few brain cells he has left to do something productive. Like leaving the country.

Yeah, because when you're unhappy with the current state of a nation, the best solution is OBVIOUSLY to leave. Attempting to raise awareness of the issue(s) in an attempt to bring about change is definately an UNAMERICAN concept. No good American would do that.

The best solution to a problem is not to ignore it. You're not stupid, you should know that.

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 06-21-2004 03:04:16 AM
Stop the H8, spread the , Michael Moore, Zair and Azizza should all watch 'Terms of Enderment' or 'The Prince of Tides' together to bond.

Death of Rats fucked around with this message on 06-21-2004 at 03:05 AM.

Zair
The Imp
posted 06-21-2004 03:05:09 AM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Is it to much to ask that you read everything in the article?

I don't see anywhere in that article where Ebert "tears into" F911 for being innaccurate. He actually makes a point of saying that he noticed no innaccuracies nor has he heard of any in the afformetioned film. Show me your evidence that is out already about any lies in the new movie. Better yet, PM them or start a new thread or something, so we don't pollute this movie thread any more....

Zair fucked around with this message on 06-21-2004 at 03:06 AM.

Snoota
posted 06-21-2004 03:06:57 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Kegwen!
You're not stupid, you should know that.

But Michael Moore is.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 06-21-2004 03:08:02 AM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
But Michael Moore is.

Oh, right. Forgot.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 06-21-2004 03:11:58 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Zair wrote:
Show me your evidence that is out already about any lies in the new movie.

Track record goes a long way...

Not to mention the man is just downright annoying. Although his antics on the oscars, and the aftermath following them were amusing... But that was mostly just cause he made, expectedly, a total ass of himself.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Zair
The Imp
posted 06-21-2004 03:22:55 AM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris was listening to Cher while typing:
Track record goes a long way...

OK. I was specifically adressing Azizza's point of the supposed incocnsistancies of the new movie, as pointed out by Ebert, supposedly.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-21-2004 03:29:18 AM
When you make up the facts you use in your documentaries, is it really making America aware of problems within? Or is it just making America aware of yourself?
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 06-21-2004 03:32:07 AM
quote:
Kegwen was naked while typing this:
Yeah, because when you're unhappy with the current state of a nation, the best solution is OBVIOUSLY to leave. Attempting to raise awareness of the issue(s) in an attempt to bring about change is definately an UNAMERICAN concept. No good American would do that.

The best solution to a problem is not to ignore it. You're not stupid, you should know that.

Uh... Using FALSE information to improve your PROPOGANDA, which is what it becomes when false information to improve your standing makes it, doesn't raise awareness about an issue, it raises paranoia and pushes along ignorant thought. Which last I heard, that causes more harm than ever does any good.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Zair
The Imp
posted 06-21-2004 03:34:42 AM
A lot of people say Michael Moore is a liar, therefore it must be true.

I also like how everyone is judging a movie that isn't even out...

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 06-21-2004 03:35:59 AM
quote:
Zair had this to say about John Romero:
A lot of people say Michael Moore is a liar, therefore it must be true.

I also like how everyone is judging a movie that isn't even out...

They aren't judging the movie, they are judging the man based off his track record and stupidity, which of course ties INTO the new movie.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 06-21-2004 03:36:01 AM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris impressed everyone with:
Uh... Using FALSE information to improve your PROPOGANDA, which is what it becomes when false information to improve your standing makes it, doesn't raise awareness about an issue, it raises paranoia and pushes along ignorant thought. Which last I heard, that causes more harm than ever does any good.

Perhaps he's fighting fire with fire?

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 06-21-2004 03:37:59 AM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

Perhaps you are just one of those "I wanna be the kid too" types that takes an apathetic approach. Fighting propoganda with more propoganda is just as retarded as the arguments going on here about it.

Flat out, Michael Moore is more often judged by what he has done, not by what he is doing.

Gawd, you hurt my brain...

My LAUNCHCast Station
Zair
The Imp
posted 06-21-2004 03:41:40 AM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris was listening to Cher while typing:
They aren't judging the movie, they are judging the man based off his track record and stupidity, which of course ties INTO the new movie.

Someone enlighten me on this track record....

I guess I shouldn't be shocked that someone who makes an anti-gun movie followed by an anti-Bush movie would be the brunt of smears and dislike....

Snoota
posted 06-21-2004 03:44:56 AM
quote:
Kegwen thought about the meaning of life:

That would make sense if he hadn't flat out lied in every single movie he's made to date.

Just face it; Michael Moore is a lying bastard who makes up facts to get his face on TV and make money.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying his movies or even agreeing with his view points, but to try to argue the fact that he doesn't make shit up or to put some noble cause to his work is just ludicrous.(I used that word at work the other day and this kid I work with thought I was talking about the rapper. >:( )

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2004 03:50:43 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Zair:
Someone enlighten me on this track record...

Canadian Bacon

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 06-21-2004 03:50:46 AM
quote:
Zair spewed forth this undeniable truth:

I guess I shouldn't be shocked that someone who makes an anti-gun movie followed by an anti-Bush movie would be the brunt of smears and dislike....

I'm not pro-gun, or pro-bush, or divided one way or another really... Doesn't change the fact I think he is a lying, cash in on conspiricy theorist/emotion/unrest, annoying little bitch in hollywood out to get his face plastered everywhere.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 06-21-2004 03:52:05 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when JooJooFlop wrote:
Canadian Bacon

He made Canadian Bacon? Shoot him, Shoot the bastard.

Snoota
posted 06-21-2004 03:54:21 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Zair:

But Michael Moore's movies aren't "smears".

And people's dislike for him doesn't come because of the subject matter he makes films about. But because of how he makes those films. His movies truly are one big lie at best.

Zair
The Imp
posted 06-21-2004 04:17:41 AM
quote:
His movies truly are one big lie at best.

Michael Moore debunks most of those claims here. Let me know of any he missed...

Snoota
posted 06-21-2004 04:20:37 AM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Tron:
Michael Moore debunks most of those claims here. Let me know of any he missed...

He missed the fact that most of his "debunks" are bigger lies than in the movie, and the ones he injects a little truth into contradict what is in the movie.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: