EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Some new movies coming out.
Zair
The Imp
posted 06-21-2004 04:22:47 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Snoota said:
He missed the fact that most of his "debunks" are bigger lies than in the movie, and the ones he injects a little truth into contradict what is in the movie.

Where did he lie in that article? How does it contradict the movie?

Zair fucked around with this message on 06-21-2004 at 04:23 AM.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2004 04:23:09 AM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
He missed the fact that most of his "debunks" are bigger lies than in the movie, and the ones he injects a little truth into contradict what is in the movie.

So you've read both sites and can give specific examples?

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-21-2004 04:29:19 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Zair wrote:
Where did he lie in that article? How does it contradict the movie?

You're a liar.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 06-21-2004 04:29:19 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
So you've read both sites and can give specific examples?

Most of Moore's "debunks" are handled on the Bowling for Truth site.

There is nothing wrong with thinking President Bush is the Anti-Christ and needs to be locked up before he starts World War III and kills us all, but to think of Michael Moore as anything other(I hate his last name. I keep wanting to use the word "more", but it feels too repetitive so I have to find another word! ) than someone who makes up lies and causes commotion around him to get his fifteen minutes of fame and make money is crazy.

Zair
The Imp
posted 06-21-2004 04:33:35 AM
quote:
Snoota spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Most of Moore's "debunks" are handled on the Bowling for Truth site.

There is nothing wrong with thinking President Bush is the Anti-Christ and needs to be locked up before he starts World War III and kills us all, but to think of Michael Moore as anything other(I hate his last name. I keep wanting to use the word "more", but it feels too repetitive so I have to find another word! ) than someone who makes up lies and causes commotion around him to get his fifteen minutes of fame and make money is crazy.

At least give the link then, if you won't give examples...

And why do you think Michael Moore is purely motivated by greed and fame? Because he dares to make a living off of what he is doing? Because he doesn't donate 75% of his earnings to charity? (By the way, he gave his entire tax cut to various politician's campaigns).

Success does not = greed.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-21-2004 04:34:49 AM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Punky Brewster:

And why do you think Michael Moore is purely motivated by greed and fame? Because he dares to make a living off of what he is doing? Because he doesn't donate 75% of his earnings to charity? (By the way, he gave his entire tax cut to various politician's campaigns).

You'd be a fool to think he was a noble crusader.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 06-21-2004 04:36:45 AM
The guy who operates bowlingfortruth seems like just as much of a jackass grabbing for attention as Moore is.

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 06-21-2004 at 04:37 AM.

Zair
The Imp
posted 06-21-2004 04:39:21 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan impressed everyone with:
You'd be a fool to think he was a noble crusader.

You'd be a fool to believe he doesn't feel strongly about the themes in his movie.

As Rush Limbaugh (number one political talk radio guy) and Fox News (number one cable news network) show, there is more money in being right-wing these days. The US population has tilted to the right. If he were in it for the money, he sure picked the wrong side.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2004 04:41:17 AM
quote:
So quoth Zair:

Where did he say anything about greed?

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-21-2004 04:42:25 AM
quote:
Zair Model 2000 was programmed to say:
You'd be a fool to believe he doesn't feel strongly about the themes in his movie.

As Rush Limbaugh (number one political talk radio guy) and Fox News (number one cable news network) show, there is more money in being right-wing these days. The US population has tilted to the right. If he were in it for the money, he sure picked the wrong side.

You'd be a fool to believe the phone number she gave you is hers.

Zair
The Imp
posted 06-21-2004 04:43:51 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent JooJooFlop said:
Where did he say anything about greed?

Here. Snoota:

quote:

but to think of Michael Moore as anything other than someone who makes up lies and causes commotion around him to get his fifteen minutes of fame and make money is crazy.

Zair
The Imp
posted 06-21-2004 04:44:35 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan was naked while typing this:
You'd be a fool to believe the phone number she gave you is hers.

I was going to call Pizza Hut after that anyway.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-21-2004 04:48:54 AM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I was going to call Pizza Hut after that anyway.

You'd be a fool not to share.

Lashanna
noob
posted 06-21-2004 04:55:36 AM
Michael Moore may not be in it all for the money, but that just makes him less greedy and more crazy.

I don't like him at all. I'm generally considered reasonably left (no jokes, please, ), but Sweet Jesus Michael Moore makes me want to join the NRA, move to North Dakota and polish guns until I'm ready to take back my freedom from the government.

To (most) remotely intellectual people, he's probably the worst thing to happen to the Left Wing since, well, Bush got elected. He's such a hinderance. He's like those "Truth.com" commercials. Sure, some, maybe even most of the stuff he says may be founded on truth, but it's presented and arranged in a way that makes it appear completely different. However, I can understand if people find him funny, sort of. I just can't understand how people can take him seriously.

His "edgy, hardcore" political "investigations" usually consists of him finding some Congressman getting out of his car or on his way to work, and shoving a microphone in his face. The congressman typically moves along, trying to ignore Moore, after which Moore follows for a moment, but then turns, looks at the camera, and tries to say something witty to insinuate the worst. Just because they don't want to talk to Michael Moore doesn't mean they're ashamed, guilty, etc. of whatever. It just means they don't want to talk to Michael Moore, which is very understandable.

I mean, I've come to expect a certain amount of acidic comments from Right Wing people like Anne Coulter (who I abhor, don't even get me started on her) and Rush Limbaugh (who I tend to ignore), but Michael Moore is far worse than them by far.

That's my rant.

Besides all that, I'm really looking forward to King Arthur in, what, two weeks?

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but even if the acting and plot is terrible, the style and atmosphere of the movie looks spectacular.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 06-21-2004 07:54:18 AM
Moore is eh, kind of. He's funny, and he presents a good point now and then, but he manipulates facts way too much. I'm still going to see Fahrenheit 9/11, just because I suspect it'll be hilarious, but I'm going to take it with a grain of salt.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 06-21-2004 10:31:45 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan was naked while typing this:
When you make up the facts you use in your documentaries, is it really making America aware of problems within? Or is it just making America aware of yourself?

Michael Moore in a nutshell. Couldn't put it better myself.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Jania Arindelil
Is really cute and cuddly... just needs a hug
posted 06-21-2004 10:46:15 AM
quote:
Snoota's fortune cookie read:
How about this little movie called MORTAL KOMBAT.

Amen to that. Second sucked, but the first was damned good.

Jania Arindelil
Dragon Guardian, Grandmaster Archer
Very Cranky Person
"I'll torture you so slowly, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 06-21-2004 10:59:06 AM
Second tried too hard. The first one was faithful enough to the skinny storyline, and was fun to watch. Loved the guy they got to play Johnny Cage; glad he's coming back in the third one they're making.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 06-21-2004 11:18:56 AM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Duck Tales:
Michael Moore debunks most of those claims here. Let me know of any he missed...

How about these?

Arttemis fucked around with this message on 06-21-2004 at 11:19 AM.

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 06-21-2004 11:30:43 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael's fortune cookie read:
Second tried too hard. The first one was faithful enough to the skinny storyline, and was fun to watch. Loved the guy they got to play Johnny Cage; glad he's coming back in the third one they're making.

...Third one?

"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
Hime, eien-ni, anata-wo ai-shimasu.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 06-21-2004 03:43:14 PM
My favorite was the interview where he said he wasn't biased against Bush, he claims he just points his camera and shoots what's there. This being the same guy who stood on stage at the Oscars and screeched that Bush was a "false President who took power in a false election". Yes, comments just shout how unbiased you are.

If Michael Moore wants to keep making his piece of shit films, fine. Obviously there are enough folks with an insufficient number of working brain cells who'll pay to see them. It's no skin off my nose. Only don't call them documentaries, because documentaries are supposed to be factually based, not full of made up shit. And he should stop calling himself a filmmaker and call himself what he truly is...a propagandist. You know, in the interest of full disclosure. He's really no different than Leni Riefenstahl was back when she was chumming around with ole Adolph.

Callalron fucked around with this message on 06-21-2004 at 03:47 PM.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2004 03:51:25 PM
quote:
Callalron wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Obviously there are enough folks with an insufficient number of working brain cells who'll pay to see them.

Is it so wrong I'm entertained by bullshit? Micheal Moore's movies appeal to me in a similar manner those old nuclear scare "Duck and Cover" movies do.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 06-21-2004 04:28:26 PM
quote:
How.... Zeke.... uughhhhhh:
...Third one?

At one point, there was talk of a third Mortal Kombat movie. The upside was that most of the original cast was in (including the original Johnny Cage actor). The Downside was that the original Sonya Blade was out. I guess they must've abandoned it; I no longer see it listed at IMDB.com.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 06-21-2004 04:37:16 PM
quote:
Callalron came out of the closet to say:
He's really no different than Leni Riefenstahl was back when she was chumming around with ole Adolph.

I invoke Godwin's law. This thread is over.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: