EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: Did you ever cheat on a test in school in your life?
Author
Topic: Poll of curiosity
diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-31-2004 05:01:02 PM
Did you ever cheat on a test in school in your life?
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 05-31-2004 05:06:19 PM
does that include let others cheet of you?

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 05-31-2004 05:07:24 PM
No.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-31-2004 05:07:42 PM
Indeed I did.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-31-2004 05:08:39 PM
quote:
How.... Mog.... uughhhhhh:
does that include let others cheet of you?

no that's a seprate poll. but ever cheating from k to end of college counts

Mog
posted 05-31-2004 05:10:21 PM
either way, yes

should make another about copying homework

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 05-31-2004 05:10:43 PM
No, but have let people cheat off of me.
Mog
posted 05-31-2004 05:13:56 PM
what the hell, results changed from 5-4 to 4-4

- Self Rreliance
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 05-31-2004 05:17:48 PM
quote:
Cherveny had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
No, but have let people cheat off of me.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 05-31-2004 05:43:21 PM
I've never cheated nor have i ever (knowingly, i'll bet it's happened without me knowing) let someone copy off my exams.

I pass or fail based on my own merits.

Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 05-31-2004 05:45:46 PM
quote:
diadem thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Did you ever cheat on a test in school in your life?

No... But I did fail to turn up to one exam, because I calculated I needed an approximate mark of 546% to scrape a 50% pass mark for the year.

Wasn't worth the effort I figured.

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Mog
posted 05-31-2004 05:47:26 PM
All you honest poeple suck!

...if their were less poeple like you i might pass more =p

- Self Rreliance
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 05-31-2004 05:48:53 PM
quote:
Mog stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
All you honest poeple suck!

...if their were less poeple like you i might pass more =p

Maybe if you studied more...

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 05-31-2004 05:59:24 PM
I said yes. I don't remember doing so, but I would be very suprised if I didn't at some point during my years of school.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Mod
Pancake
posted 05-31-2004 06:08:42 PM
Maybe 2-3 times throughout school, never on anything important, I would always help everyone around me as best I could though.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-31-2004 06:09:27 PM
quote:
Abbikat had this to say about (_|_):
No... But I did fail to turn up to one exam, because I calculated I needed an approximate mark of 546% to scrape a 50% pass mark for the year.

Wasn't worth the effort I figured.

*chuckles..* i realised I needed to get a 103 on a final to pass an upper level course once (i didn't do my homework). Forutnatly, I'm one of those assholes who just knows the answers just by looking at the questions and got a 106 thansk to the bonus questions. Just went in with the mindset, I need to get a 103% or higher, shrugged, did it, then left.

I never cheated myself... i thought there was something wrong with me becuase I never did.. becuase for the life of me I'm not sure I know that many people who didn't.

diadem fucked around with this message on 05-31-2004 at 06:10 PM.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 05-31-2004 06:12:07 PM
Once on a quiz, but never on any major exams. And actually I didn't do the cheating, the person grading my paper did without me asking.

Naimah fucked around with this message on 05-31-2004 at 06:13 PM.

Ares
posted 05-31-2004 06:19:49 PM
No,never any need to. They were all easy. Except math, but even then I didn't cheat.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 05-31-2004 06:25:45 PM
Well there was this one time, like in 3rd grade when the teacher gave us this cheat and said, "WRITE YOUR NAME ON IT." But there was only these stupid bubbles. I was all liek, "OMG WTF DO I DO?" So I looked over at my friends paper and he drew in the bubbles to look like a sword. I was liek, "OMG COOL!" and did the same thing.

Now all the teachers at school call me Kryfhia.

Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 05-31-2004 06:28:39 PM
I would have thought so, but, now that I try to remember actually cheating... no.

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 05-31-2004 06:47:23 PM
quote:
Mod impressed everyone with:
Maybe 2-3 times throughout school, never on anything important, I would always help everyone around me as best I could though.

Yeah, that'd be my answer too. I remember helping my math partner a lot, though I'd hardly count that as cheating.

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
qwertyu
Pancake
posted 05-31-2004 07:00:15 PM
Hardly ever did my homework in high school unless it was like a essay or big project in which case I would do it the night before. Most tests were so easy I never needed to learn from homework anyway. I would cheat a couple of answers for tests from other people when needed, and always copied the homework to get credit... got a 3.0 GPA in high school... High school was a joke.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-31-2004 07:04:48 PM
quote:
qwertyu had this to say about John Romero:
Hardly ever did my homework in high school unless it was like a essay or big project in which case I would do it the night before. Most tests were so easy I never needed to learn from homework anyway. I would cheat a couple of answers for tests from other people when needed, and always copied the homework to get credit... got a 3.0 GPA in high school... High school was a joke.

lucky.... not doing homework was always what killed my grades.... was worth way too much of it

my highschool had some pretty advanced stuff.. i'd say sr year of highschool was harder than freshman year of college

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 05-31-2004 07:09:21 PM
High School is easy
hardly ever do homework
I have a 3.7
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 05-31-2004 08:03:51 PM
High school was pretty easy.
I've done almost all homework.
Can't remember cheating, I might have once or twice.
4.8ish GPA (where 4.333 is a A+).
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 05-31-2004 08:07:20 PM
Never needed to, so, no.
qwertyu
Pancake
posted 05-31-2004 08:12:10 PM
quote:
Waisz's fortune cookie read:

jeebus

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 05-31-2004 08:18:20 PM
quote:
Verily, qwertyu doth proclaim:
jeebus

Instead of weighting honors classes, my school gives a multiplier. When my last GPA was given (the 4.8 one) I had a 1.21 multiplier.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-31-2004 08:22:15 PM
To the best of my knowledge, no. Of course, now my scruples have come back to bite me on the ass, as almost everyone around me cheats to get A's and I get honest C+'s.

EDIT: SUBJECT AND VERB AGREE NOW ARAHGHGHAGHARRGHAH

Karnaj fucked around with this message on 05-31-2004 at 08:23 PM.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 05-31-2004 08:24:28 PM
if you consider convincing a teacher that a question that you answered incorrectly could have been interpretted so that the answer you gave was correct while knowing full well that you were indeed wrong, than yes mr. perfect pants... I cheated on my last biology test (and probably abunch others)... but I've never stolen answers from anyone. it's too hard, I've got some crazy teachers-- you know, the kinds that shoot knives from all of their orifices.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Alaan
posted 05-31-2004 09:02:33 PM
Never needed to. I've always been an exceptional test taker.
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 06-01-2004 12:41:08 AM
quote:
This one time, at Waisz camp:
High school was pretty easy.
I've done almost all homework.
Can't remember cheating, I might have once or twice.

My High School does not
give any sort of reward
for advanced study. :/

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 06-01-2004 12:44:50 AM
Depends. I had the same teacher twice, and remembered what she put on her final exam. Does that count?
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 06-01-2004 12:47:48 AM
I don't remember ever cheating, but I may have at some point or another. *shrugs* My answer is therefore a maybe.
Tal NSFW!!
Pancake
posted 06-01-2004 12:53:39 AM
My ability to read upside down is totally unrelated.
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 06-01-2004 01:09:44 AM
Yep!
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 06-01-2004 01:19:47 AM
Never had to... I was a straight A student until my second year of high school, and then math started giving me trouble - i still didn't cheat.

I barely passed though.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 06-01-2004 05:41:00 AM
I cheat on every test.

Come to think of it, I cheat every time I think I have a chance to get away with it.

hey
nem-x
posted 06-01-2004 05:43:53 AM
Jania Arindelil
Is really cute and cuddly... just needs a hug
posted 06-01-2004 11:00:42 AM
No.

Jania Arindelil
Dragon Guardian, Grandmaster Archer
Very Cranky Person
"I'll torture you so slowly, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower
All times are US/Eastern