EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: City of Heroes Ghetto Poll
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 04-20-2004 05:00:58 PM
So I've been playing the CoH beta since I pre-ordered the game on Saturday. Very nice so far. I know that some other folks are going to be playing and even talked about an EC guild. With that in mind here's the list of initial servers:

"Justice"
"Pinnacle"
"Virtue"
"Liberty"
"Guardian"
"Infinity"
"Protector"
"Victory"
"Champion"

Since with got 8 days until official launch and only 5 days for those who are going to take advantage of the "head start" period begins, we need to get decidin' what the "official" EC server is gonna be.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-20-2004 05:04:40 PM
im gonna be on guardian.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 04-20-2004 05:05:57 PM
I'm for any of them. I'm going to be a Magic Controller for my primary character I think..though might change once I test out the system. Just got my open Beta email...1-2 days before Open beta closes, though I do have it Pre-ordered too.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 04-20-2004 05:06:31 PM
I'm still downloading but Timpo is already on Prime.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 04-20-2004 05:12:52 PM
"Prime" is going to be the test server, once the game goes live. I'm probably going to keep one character there.

I'm also looking to make a character either on Guardian, or on Virtue. I'm not sure which, yet.

Zair
The Imp
posted 04-20-2004 05:15:38 PM
very very tempted to get this game....
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-20-2004 05:16:51 PM
So how does the pre-order beta thing work?
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 04-20-2004 05:16:52 PM
Guardians of the Ever-Crest ^.^
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-20-2004 05:28:32 PM
come play on Guardian. Virtue is set to be the unofficial RP server, and we all remember what happens when a server is declared an RP server.
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 04-20-2004 05:48:04 PM
Alright, Guardian it is. Someone tell Timpofee who is Xearx on Prime that most people are going there. It'll take me another hour to download but it's also getting late so I doubt I'll be able tom play much tonight if at all.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 04-20-2004 06:09:04 PM
Either Virtue or Guardian, planning to play a Mutant Ice Blaster and a Technological Dark Melee Scrapper.

Also, I heartilly recommend everyone plan on taking a transportation power pool, as the ability you get at level 14 is invaluable. I haven't tested Super Speed, Teleport (well, I have teleport foe, but not self), and have only played a little with hover, but I do use Super Leaping. Able to clear a little over 100 yards per jump is love, both for travel, avoiding things that would make paste of me (I.E. big groups in Perez Park), or hopping out of enemies range then teleporting them to be beaten up one by one.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-20-2004 06:15:23 PM
Bah, all my characters are on Pinnacle lol

It would probably best to NOT choose prime at release, since it is the first server on the list, and we all know how slammed those get.

My vote goes for pinnacle ^-^

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-20-2004 06:15:42 PM
quote:
With great fanfare, Mooj proclamed:
"Prime" is going to be the test server, once the game goes live.

It is? Crap. That's the one I'm on at the moment.

Once one server has been decided, let me know. I'll make a character there, though I can't promise that I'll spend all my time on that one. My RL friends may go to a different server.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-20-2004 06:17:32 PM
I'll ask again, how does the pre-order beta thing work?
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-20-2004 06:33:23 PM
quote:
From the book of Naimah, chapter 3, verse 16:
I'll ask again, how does the pre-order beta thing work?

Go to a store and place a pre-order. They give you a disk that you take home and put into the computer. Follow badly written directions, and give the code on the CD cover when you get to the right point. Download a small zip file, unzip it to get the patcher.

Patch until done (it installs the whole game, the disk has nothing important on it really), and start beta testing.

The catch is, lots of places don't have the pre-order disks any more. I suggest calling around to find them.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 04-20-2004 06:50:41 PM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon had this to say about Pirotess:
Go to a store and place a pre-order. They give you a disk that you take home and put into the computer.

DO NOT however go to an EBGames store... the liklihood of them having the "Bonus Disc" available for pre-orders even in store are limited (and if you preorder off the net like me.. well you're fucked in the ass, cos they are including them with the release box on April 28 instead)....

Don't believe me? Then check it out

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-20-2004 07:46:42 PM
Nevermind, I'm impatiant.

Naimah fucked around with this message on 04-20-2004 at 07:51 PM.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-20-2004 08:12:26 PM
I'm on Pinnacle, JooJooFlop the midget tech tanker.

Went invulnerability/power punch.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 04-20-2004 08:12:48 PM
So if you get the entire thing from a patch basically, then what exactly are you pre-ordering? o.O

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-20-2004 08:18:03 PM
quote:
Gunslinger Moogle had this to say about Knight Rider:
So if you get the entire thing from a patch basically, then what exactly are you pre-ordering? o.O

The actual CoH game itself, when it comes out. Also, the account code you need to get into the beta (which I believe becomes your account for live play when it goes live).

Gettin in during the beta gives you a couple of advantages.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-20-2004 08:20:54 PM
So should I make on Pinnical or Guardian?
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 04-20-2004 08:31:47 PM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
The actual CoH game itself, when it comes out. Also, the account code you need to get into the beta (which I believe becomes your account for live play when it goes live).

Gettin in during the beta gives you a couple of advantages.

Ooh, such as? do you get to keep your character?

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-20-2004 10:04:24 PM
quote:
Gunslinger Moogle had this to say about Tron:
Ooh, such as? do you get to keep your character?

No. However, you can reserve one name for when it goes live. And, I think you get to keep the running power they have for preorder people (not totally sure on that, and it just helps you get around a bit faster).

In fact, the server you need to use to reserve that name is now up. If you have the preorder, log into that server (you'll know which one) and make a throwaway character with the name you want. Once you're in game, log back out. The character just needs to hold that name for you.

I've got "Charging Tiger" held.

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 04-20-2004 10:07:38 PM
Im up for making a new char where ever... i dont really care.. im just starting to get the feel for the mechanics so its all good <oh and Kat i LOVE the Magic controller combo.. im playing Mental control.. dont know what you are going for..> but anyway.. so far the only thing that is pissing me off the the constantly crashing server <grr damn you>
anyway
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 04-20-2004 10:10:09 PM
quote:
Timpofee had this to say about Robocop:
Im up for making a new char where ever... i dont really care.. im just starting to get the feel for the mechanics so its all good <oh and Kat i LOVE the Magic controller combo.. im playing Mental control.. dont know what you are going for..> but anyway.. so far the only thing that is pissing me off the the constantly crashing server <grr damn you>
anyway

Well, following my name: Mystic Kitsune, she's Illusion Primary set, and Empathy Secondary Set, though might change to Storm Summoning, not sure which would work better ^.^

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 04-20-2004 10:13:32 PM
Ive seen the Storm set work really well. .and of course healing is always welcome..

That was my second choice <illusion> but i think im enjoying the mental side
heh

will be fun!

Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 04-20-2004 11:13:20 PM
KaL got into beta.. *looks over and grins* Im in love with this game already.. damnit.. just when I pull away from MMORPG's.. they keep pulling me back! ;D
"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 04-20-2004 11:55:44 PM
I'm probably gonna play on a different server than y'all. I'll just end up getting higher level than everyone else anyways, and other games have taught me that it'll cause whining from people, so might as well avoid that.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 04-20-2004 11:57:56 PM
It sounds like Guardian is going to be the server of choice. I just got done reserving my character name. Anyone have any brilliant (or even semi-brilliant) ideas for a superteam (guild) name?
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 04-21-2004 12:01:06 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Batty was all like:
I'm probably gonna play on a different server than y'all. I'll just end up getting higher level than everyone else anyways, and other games have taught me that it'll cause whining from people, so might as well avoid that.

Sidekick system.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 04-21-2004 12:09:41 AM
Can only sidekick one person that's over 5 levels below you. So eh. I'd rather just not deal with it.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 04-21-2004 12:25:35 AM
quote:
Batty's account was hax0red to write:
Can only sidekick one person that's over 5 levels below you. So eh. I'd rather just not deal with it.

You sassin' me boy?

*Shadow Mauls Batty*

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-21-2004 01:09:25 AM
quote:
Callalron painfully thought these words up:
Anyone have any brilliant (or even semi-brilliant) ideas for a superteam (guild) name?

Good Guy Guild (lame, I know)
Martyrs of Justice
The 13th Step
Heroes To Go (sounds like fast food)

Hummm, any idea how long the name can be?

Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 04-21-2004 01:26:38 AM
quote:
So quoth Callalron:
Anyone have any brilliant (or even semi-brilliant) ideas for a superteam (guild) name?

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!

no??

How about EverCrest League?

My LiveJournal

Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 04-21-2004 01:32:05 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Katrinity said this:
Well, following my name: Mystic Kitsune, she's Illusion Primary set, and Empathy Secondary Set, though might change to Storm Summoning, not sure which would work better ^.^

I am so going to make a character called Uzamaki Naruto and chase you around town..

RAR!

My LiveJournal

Lashanna
noob
posted 04-21-2004 03:34:04 AM
I wanna playyyyyy
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Tal NSFW!!
Pancake
posted 04-21-2004 05:51:44 AM
For an EC superteam, I think the guild tag "Three Sheets" would be fitting.

And I am hereby starting a petition to get Lashypoo to dress up as Psylock, take pictures, and post them here.

NINJALICIOUS!

Darius!
Pancake
posted 04-21-2004 06:02:58 AM
quote:
Tal NSFW!! had this to say about Tron:
NINJALICIOUS!

Not even Asia has this many Ninjas.

Tal NSFW!!
Pancake
posted 04-21-2004 06:08:08 AM
I meant like.. Rosa.. not like, whatever character she might play. Its a scientific endeavor to see the lasting effects of a boob hitting you in the chin everytime you do a backflip.

HOW CAN YOU DENY SCIENCE??

Lashanna
noob
posted 04-21-2004 07:45:39 AM
I really hate you.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: