EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Should Prostitution be legal?
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 04-03-2004 07:43:03 PM
What are your thoughts on this? Personally I was torn for a long time but I feel that it should be legal. Forced prositution is is of course despicable, however if it is the persons choice then I feel she should be allowed to do it if they wish.

How do you all feel?

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Zair
The Imp
posted 04-03-2004 07:53:31 PM
I agree Azizza. Women should have complete control over all parts of their bodies.

Zair fucked around with this message on 04-03-2004 at 07:54 PM.

Ares
posted 04-03-2004 07:56:37 PM
Prositution helps to spread STD's. Other than that deadly fact, I agree.
Sean
posted 04-03-2004 07:58:14 PM
quote:
Ares had this to say about Captain Planet:
Prositution helps to spread STD's. Other than that deadly fact, I agree.

I've never met a hooker that didn't make me wear a rubber.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Mod
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 08:02:08 PM
Fully legal, with licenses, health inspections, etc. It shouldn't be considered regular employment for denieing people unemployment money if they turn down a job in prostitution however.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-03-2004 08:16:02 PM
"Selling is legal. Fucking is legal. Why isn't selling fucking legal?"
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 04-03-2004 08:18:45 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Zair wrote:
I agree Azizza. Women should have complete control over all parts of their bodies.

Yep all parts of THIER body. However dont' try to turn this into an abortion discussion.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 04-03-2004 08:20:42 PM
How can you say prostitution should be legal but gay marriage should not?
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-03-2004 08:26:12 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Blindy said:

I fail to see the connection between the two.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 04-03-2004 08:26:41 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Blindy wrote:

Well if you really want to start a nasty thread; Strait Sex is natural. Gay sex is not. It is at best a mutation.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-03-2004 08:27:23 PM
This thread should probably be a flame thread, just to be on the safe side.

EDIT: In light of the post above this one, I second my own statement.

Karnaj fucked around with this message on 04-03-2004 at 08:28 PM.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-03-2004 08:28:34 PM
Wrong, Azizza. Even if it were "at best a mutation" that would make it natural.

In any case, I agree with you, prostitution should be legal.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-03-2004 08:28:46 PM
quote:
Azizza was listening to Cher while typing:
Well if you really want to start a nasty thread; Strait Sex is natural. Gay sex is not. It is at best a mutation.

At worst it is...

Satan's children raping eachother in the guise of man in order to make God angry?

nem-x
posted 04-03-2004 08:30:11 PM
Think of the pimps and their families!
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 04-03-2004 08:30:15 PM
quote:
Azizza wrote this stupid crap:

So how is paying for sex natural? At best, the man providing food/shelter for a woman is to care for her for the sake of reproduction, not sexual pleasure.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 08:32:00 PM
quote:
Azizza came out of the closet to say:
Strait Sex is natural. Gay sex is not.

It happens in nature, therefore it's natural. QED.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 04-03-2004 08:33:28 PM
quote:
Drysart was listening to Cher while typing:
It happens in nature, therefore it's natural. QED.

Retardation happens in Nature as well. This does not mean that it is the Norm or how things are supposed to be. I do not support Gay Marriages for many reasons. however that is not the point of this thread.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-03-2004 08:35:18 PM
quote:
So quoth Azizza:
I do not support Gay Marriages for many reasons.

Are any of them not religious?

quote:
however that is not the point of this thread.

Too late, this is more interesting.

Blindy
posted 04-03-2004 08:36:33 PM
quote:
When Azizza says stuff like this, it proves there isn't a god:

So they can legalize prostitution, as long as it is only straight prostitution?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-03-2004 08:36:48 PM
quote:
Azizza still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
Retardation happens in Nature as well. This does not mean that it is the Norm or how things are supposed to be. I do not support Gay Marriages for many reasons. however that is not the point of this thread.

1. You helped derail it, so we might's well go with it.

2. You're begging the question: first you have to demonstrate that humanity is "supposed" to be anything, let alone normal, otherwise your argument does not hold.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-03-2004 08:37:27 PM
quote:
So quoth Blindy:
So they can legalize prostitution, as long as it is only straight prostitution?

It's the marrage he cares about. If they wanna pound butt they can pound all the butt they want.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 08:38:44 PM
quote:
Retardation happens in Nature as well. This does not mean that it is the Norm or how things are supposed to be.

Ah. Alright then. I'm surprised that you would think firearms should be illegal since they don't occur in nature. And hunting is not the norm, since most people don't hunt, so therefore we should ban that, by your rationale.

Drysart fucked around with this message on 04-03-2004 at 08:39 PM.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-03-2004 08:40:31 PM
Make it a flame thread, make it a flame thread!

As-is, the law against prostitution is a moral one. I disagree that morals should be enforced by the law.

And retardation may be "not the norm", but how else do you expect anything to happen in terms of the advancement of the human race? One day, we'll all just be born smarter? It happens in increments, and sometimes nature gets it wrong.

Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, or isn't natural. The only difference is the fact that it's usually weeded out in nature much sooner then it is in human society.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-03-2004 08:40:32 PM
quote:
Drysart thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
And hunting is not the norm, since most people don't hunt, so therefore we should ban that, by your rationale.

But if we don't hunt we'll have pumas and shit moving into the cities and eating our children.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 08:41:11 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop came out of the closet to say:
But if we don't hunt we'll have pumas and shit moving into the cities and eating our children.

What's wrong with that? That's the way things should be!

Blindy
posted 04-03-2004 08:41:49 PM
Drysart, weither or not homosexuality is not natural really doesn't matter to the meat of the argument, since giving females money in return for oral sex is obviously something that animals do all the time.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-03-2004 08:43:33 PM
quote:
Blindy had this to say about Captain Planet:
Drysart, weither or not homosexuality is not natural really doesn't matter to the meat of the argument, since giving females money in return for oral sex is obviously something that animals do all the time.

Animals don't need prostitution. They have rape.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 08:44:07 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop came out of the closet to say:
Animals don't need prostitution. They have rape.

Why don't we have rape?

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-03-2004 08:44:34 PM
quote:
Blindy attempted to be funny by writing:

Ever heard of a group of gorillas? One male protects the group from other, weaker males in exchange for the lovins.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-03-2004 08:45:32 PM
Rape should be legal then, since it happens in nature.

Male dolphins have been studied gang-raping females, when the female obviously did not want it and was trying to get away.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-03-2004 08:47:43 PM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Why don't we have rape?

We do, but the consequences are so dire prostitution is a more desirable alternative.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 04-03-2004 08:48:14 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Azizza!

I wish, I wish, I wish this was a flame thread.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 04-03-2004 08:48:35 PM
Wow I guess when you do math 2+2= 28 as well.
Rape does harm to a person on a physical and Mental level. Prostitution does not.

Gay sex while not natural does not harm individuals. Gay Marriage has social and Economic repercussions that outweigh the touchy feely bleeding heart desire to give let two guys or two girls get married.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-03-2004 08:49:26 PM
quote:
Gay Marriage has ... Economic repercussions that outweigh the touchy feely bleeding heart desire to give let two guys or two girls get married.

....such as?

Talonus
Loner
posted 04-03-2004 08:49:35 PM
So, did Azizza go to a hooker or something and want to feel better about it, hence the start of this thread? Cause his logic for no gay sex directly serves as an arguement against prostitution. Hypocrisy? Yes!

That was a question not a flame right?

Talonus fucked around with this message on 04-03-2004 at 08:50 PM.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 04-03-2004 08:49:37 PM
So.. gay prositution should be legal too then...
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 04-03-2004 08:50:33 PM
quote:
Drysart stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
....such as?

Such as it being a crime against GOD so the LORD will surely PUNISH us by raining BRIMSTONE on the MARKET.

Zair
The Imp
posted 04-03-2004 08:50:52 PM
Prostitution would be a tough job if abortions were illegal.
If that condom breaks, thats at least 6 months unemployed. Would they get unemployment checks? Maternity leave?
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-03-2004 08:52:12 PM
quote:
Zair thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Prostitution would be a tough job if abortions were illegal.

Good thing they arn't, eh?

Blindy
posted 04-03-2004 08:52:26 PM
quote:
When Azizza says stuff like this, it proves there isn't a god:
Wow I guess when you do math 2+2= 28 as well.
Rape does harm to a person on a physical and Mental level. Prostitution does not.

Gay sex while not natural does not harm individuals. Gay Marriage has social and Economic repercussions that outweigh the touchy feely bleeding heart desire to give let two guys or two girls get married.

So a woman can be completely mentally stable while disassociating sex with any relationship of any kind? The act of being used as a sex toy for money is a healty one for prostitutes and will not lead them to a distorted self image, not to mention result in unwanted pregnancies for which the father will be absolutely unidentifiable and more welfare babies?

Have you really thought this through?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: