EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Posting habits that you loathe.
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 12-06-2003 05:06:24 PM
What posting habits here and on other boards irk you? Personally, I just can't stand people who put one million fucking smilies after each post.

The entire "J/K rofl edit" thing is annoying as well, as in 99% of the cases, anyone with a two-digit IQ can tell the post wasn't seriously meant.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-06-2003 05:08:24 PM
Where it's blatantly obvious that some people just post a dissenting argument because they feel it'll make them cool or they feel the thread needs it.

Sometimes, if everyone says the same thing, there's a good reason behind it.

Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 12-06-2003 05:08:34 PM
I hate it when people ressurect 4+ month old threads.
And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 12-06-2003 05:13:41 PM
quote:
Zaza thought about the meaning of life:

The entire "J/K rofl edit" thing is annoying as well, as in 99% of the cases, anyone with a two-digit IQ can tell the post wasn't seriously meant.

Unofrtunately there were many people who couldn't tell a serious post from a joke at one stage..

Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 12-06-2003 05:19:30 PM
For the most part, just being an ass.
Tatsukaze
wants Kloie's mom OH SO BAD
posted 12-06-2003 05:22:56 PM
i haet poepel who haev bad grammer and speling
MorbId
Pancake
posted 12-06-2003 05:57:49 PM
I hate when there's as many emoticons as sentences in a post.
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 12-06-2003 06:00:08 PM
This whole logic bullshit. I mean really whats so big about the whole thing. Wow you can prove things woopity doo. Now what would be a trick is convincing someone that your irrationality is more right than theirs. And most likely you'd try to do it through rational means. How absurd just like debating endlessly over the existence of a God/s. Which I find to be annoying. Personally, believe what you want but don't tell me about it or "let me know." If I ever care, I'll ask.

[ 12-06-2003: Message edited by: Ace in the Spade ]

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 12-06-2003 06:02:15 PM
quote:
Ace in the Spade stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
This whole logic bullshit. I mean really whats so big about the whole thing. Wow you can prove things woopity doo. Now what would be a trick is convincing someone that your irrationality is more right than theirs. And most likely you'd try to do it through rational means. How absurd just like debating endlessly over the existence of a God/s. Which I find to be annoying. Personally, believe what you want but don't tell me about it or "let me know." If I ever care, I'll ask.

People like you annoy me.

hey
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 12-06-2003 06:04:45 PM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-06-2003 06:04:54 PM
Threads about annoying board behavior.

And assholes who say things like I just did.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 12-06-2003 06:07:15 PM
quote:
Vorago had this to say about Robocop:
Mog's freaking typing
And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Nina
posted 12-06-2003 06:10:01 PM
People who think they alone represent everyone and take it upon themselves to express it in the most offensive way possible.

[ 12-06-2003: Message edited by: Nina ]

can you please fix my title
posted 12-06-2003 06:38:12 PM
People who seem to post only negative comments about everyone and everything else. ad nausem
Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 12-06-2003 07:44:54 PM
OMG HERE'S A COOKIE FOR YOU! :tail snuggle huggle fuck:
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 12-06-2003 07:53:13 PM
People who post something, then make another thread to say thier updating something, then make ANOTHER thread to be like "Hey! Look what I did that's almost exacty like what I just did!" ... all in one day.

People who blindly won't listen to anything else someone says, even if 40 people are telling them they are mistaken, and said 40 people have proof, and the 1 or 2 people have no proof besides thier opinions.

When half a board decides person A is really fucking annoying, and the rest of the board that deffends that he has a right to be an idiot, the original folks're just newbie bashing, and that they do it just to get thier kicks; even when moderaters have been telling person A to stop being such a fucktard. (I've seen it happen on like.. 4 boards. It sucks. )

Smiley overusers, and people who think they are cool when they use the evil smiley. And they usually don't just stick it in a paragraph, like this -> it's stuck onto the end of a post like ... well, I'll do it to mine.

People who only post how cool they are and how they know everything, and how they can't be wrong, and dude, I'm so cool and funny and blahblahblah... And oh my, I can't be wrong!

I hate that stupid fucking judge smiley. It gets overused WAY TOO MUCH. THE SMILEYS HAVE NO ARMS> THEY CAN'T SWING THE GAVEL, IT'S BIGGER THEN THEY ARE!@

AGH!!!!

[ 12-06-2003: Message edited by: Gikk ]

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 12-06-2003 07:59:32 PM
I gave this thread a 5

[ 12-06-2003: Message edited by: Bummey the Savage ]

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 12-06-2003 07:59:43 PM
Threads like these where people point out things that don't necessairly exist or happen often enough to call it a habit
The World is Yours
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-06-2003 08:32:59 PM
Let's see...

I dislike it when people don't bow to evidence or the comments of someone with obviously superior degrees of knowledge. I have a lot of common knowledge about a lot of stuff, but in matters of aircraft and their armaments I will bow to Sage, in most military matters it's Cal and Sage, in legal matters it's Gyd, in computer matters it's usually Drys, for Guns I listen to Artt and Azizza,and so forth. These are people who have made or are making a career in it, or are such vocal advocates and hobbyists that their knowledge is as close to expert as you can find outside of profession. They'll know more and be able to answer my questions. Arguing against them is a fool's errand. But some people will do it anyway, and repeatedly at that. It's even worse when people post irrefutable evidence (not talking pie charts and such; I'm talking about arguing about how bombs or biological weapons work in that you're either right or wrong and it's not open to interpretation).

I get tired of the political bashing. Not the liberal/conservative thing, but look...there's a right and wrong way to make a dissenting opinion. Being an asshole about it is just aggravating. Likening people to Hitler and that ilk of argument is considered bad form in flame wars and arguments for a reason. Feel free to question, but don't be an asshole.

The whole "Foreigner angst against the USA" thing. I respect the opinions of nations on the USA. I really do. And I will admit that the American posters do say some rude things about other nations, and we give in to popular stereotypes (particularly about the Canadians). On the other hand, while our comments (usually) have cracks about foods and customs and matters of historical fact, it seems to me (and I may be biased) that some people just like to stick it to the American point of view by attacking our nation's leaders, policies, etc. Great way to educate us to give up our arrogant, swaggering, assholish ways. Oh? Not here to try and make things better? Then don't troll an American board. This isn't ALL foreign guests, but some.

Threads asking for advice on how to get women/why women don't like them/why they were slapped with a restraining order. I realize a good number of board patrons are in high school and college, and I would hate to scare them away, but if you're sitting around clicking "refresh" at Evercrest in all your free time, or using advice from single people who do, that might be part of the problem with your social life. The vast majority of people here with significant others learned social skills beyond those needed to get by in a message board. You will too. And this sort of thread inevitably brings out the misogynists ("women-haters" for the less linguistically-knowledgeable) who claim women are evil and torment men, the lecherous wannabe-sex-fiends who inevitably break down into their "guide for wannabe playas", and the inevitable counter-attack from women angered, people who like me are getting annoyed by the threads, etc. Nothing ever seems to get accomplished either, as for a while there it seemed like two weeks later or so, the same people were posting again about the same thing. Thankfully this trend doesn't seem to happen as much.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-06-2003 08:38:30 PM
quote:
Bummey the Savage obviously shouldn't have said:
:tail snuggle huggle fuck:

I dunno, I don't think I'd mind that too much.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 12-06-2003 09:22:37 PM
quote:
Bummey the Savage had this to say about Knight Rider:
OMG HERE'S A COOKIE FOR YOU! :tail snuggle huggle fuck:

Indeed. I'd bomb smurfville if it... you know... exsisted.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 12-06-2003 09:24:29 PM
quote:
How.... Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael.... uughhhhhh:
Not here to try and make things better? Then don't troll an American board. This isn't ALL foreign guests, but some.

I wasn't aware this was officially an "American board" now, but we're sure very grateful we can be your guests, Deth.

hey
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-06-2003 09:27:02 PM
quote:
Jens was listening to Cher while typing:
I wasn't aware this was officially an "American board" now, but we're sure very grateful we can be your guests, Deth.

Okay granted, that was rather assholish of me. I got into rant mode there, I apologize. But it is a primarily American board...So folks who do say certain things logically know they're going to get snapped at or get a hostile response, which is sort of trolling, without actually living up to the brainless nastiness that "trolling" usually entails.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 12-06-2003 09:29:27 PM
Next time I want to try to change something like your nation's leaders or policies, I'll be sure to drop by EC so I can really make an impact.
hey
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-06-2003 09:44:08 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Vorago wrote:
Mog's freaking typing
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-06-2003 09:50:11 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Jens said:
Next time I want to try to change something like your nation's leaders or policies, I'll be sure to drop by EC so I can really make an impact.

yeah yeah

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 12-06-2003 09:53:56 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about (_|_):
yeah yeah

If Americans took the time to actually pay attention to Canadian politics I'm pretty confident we'd be the butt of even more jokes.

Edit: This line is not in direct reference to you, Ja`Deth. (Yes I know we're too small to pay attention to)

[ 12-06-2003: Message edited by: Canadian Mountee ]

The World is Yours
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-06-2003 09:56:25 PM
If we paid attention to anyone else's politics, we'd have ammo to fire back with, so yeah actually hehehe

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 12-06-2003 10:25:56 PM
Aside from things previously mentioned, its little things that get to me, especially in spellings that have permanently gone wrong yet people don't notice. Like 'hehehe', is it too much to ask to add the extra 'e' to make it heeheehee? Or 'your' instead of 'you're'. Or incorrect use of apostrophes to make things plural, like calf's instead of calves. It may be because I'm an English major, but people should be taught this stuff in school.

[ 12-06-2003: Message edited by: Azrael Heavenblade ]

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-06-2003 10:29:05 PM
quote:
Azrael Heavenblade was naked while typing this:
Aside from things previously mentioned, its little things that get to me, especially in spellings that have permanently gone wrong yet people don't notice. Like 'hehehe', is it too much to ask to add the extra 'e' to make it heeheehee? Or 'your' instead of 'you're'. Or incorrect use of apostrophes to make things plural, like calf's instead of calves. It may be because I'm an English major, but people should be taught this stuff in school.

...wtf

hehehe isnt a word, nor is heeheehee.

so, how the hell is that a misspelling?

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-06-2003 10:31:42 PM
quote:
Azrael Heavenblade probably says this to all the girls:

I find myself using "to" when I should be using "too" if I'm not careful.

Damn my eyes...

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 12-06-2003 10:37:14 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Falaanla Marr was all like:
...wtf

hehehe isnt a word, nor is heeheehee.

so, how the hell is that a misspelling?

Word, sound effect, people mispell both. It's just that in common literature, and even in comic books, two e's are used. Online, lazy people regularly drop it just to save time in typing it, but really it'd take less than a second to add it in. He is a pronoun, not a sound effect!

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 12-06-2003 10:39:32 PM
But maybe they're not shortening hee but heh! Then...it would still be pointless, stupid, and lazy but it would be so in a very slightly different light!
"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
Hime, eien-ni, anata-wo ai-shimasu.
Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 12-06-2003 10:48:06 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Azrael Heavenblade wrote:
He is a pronoun, not a sound effect!

Like hell I'm a pronoun and not a sound effect! Observe.

*Smacks Azreal upside the head with the flat of a claymore*

RUVYEN'D!!

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 12-06-2003 11:00:21 PM
Did I mention people who spell a person's name wrong even when it's clearly shown on their screen?

Too late to edit, but there should've been quotation marks around 'He'.

[ 12-06-2003: Message edited by: Azrael Heavenblade ]

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 12-06-2003 11:25:22 PM
hmm.. think all the ones i hate are pretty much covered already.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-07-2003 02:20:02 AM
quote:
Azrael Heavenblade wrote this stupid crap:
Did I mention people who spell a person's name wrong even when it's clearly shown on their screen?

Too late to edit, but there should've been quotation marks around 'He'.

I don't know, Az, I'm a teaching major with a concentration in English, I read many comic books, and I never see "hehehehehehe" written out. "Hee hee hee" is about all I do see, and even then it's usually in a modified tiny italic font to emphasize the furtive giggle. Would you like us to alter font and italicize? For a sound effect, in other words, I'm not going to complain.

I do get annoyed by the "your/you're" and "there/their/they're" thing, though. Homonyms always aggravate me. But I rein it in for board use because most people aren't as anal about it as I tend to be for my purposes.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-07-2003 02:26:05 AM
quote:
The Body Snatchers version of Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael wrote this:
Homonyms always aggravate me.

omg u homophobe stfu

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 12-07-2003 03:20:08 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I don't know, Az, I'm a teaching major with a concentration in English, I read many comic books, and I never see "hehehehehehe" written out. "Hee hee hee" is about all I do see, and even then it's usually in a modified tiny italic font to emphasize the furtive giggle. Would you like us to alter font and italicize? For a sound effect, in other words, I'm not going to complain.

I do get annoyed by the "your/you're" and "there/their/they're" thing, though. Homonyms always aggravate me. But I rein it in for board use because most people aren't as anal about it as I tend to be for my purposes.

Oklahoma would make you cry. On the H.E. Bailey turnpike, going BOTH directions (there are two signs, they're the ones where they type in a message and it shows up) it cycles back and forth between USE CAUTION and LANE'S NARROW. I shit you not.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 12-07-2003 03:39:11 AM
Newb/asshole advocates (even though Gikk mentioned this, I felt like spiting Tier)
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: