EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: For the Glory of the Emporer!
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-14-2003 08:20:31 PM
Friends, step forward! For the gladitorial games are once more upon us! Step forward to recieve your arms and armor, and fight before the crowd. I manage the arena here, and as such shall be the one presenting your weapons to you based on my assessment of your character. If I do not know you, you shall be deffered to the crowd to cheer for the worthy. If I dislike you, you shall be fed to the lions.

This thread inspired by playing too much Gladius

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-14-2003 08:21:18 PM
*steps forth*
MorbId
Pancake
posted 11-14-2003 08:22:03 PM
Step.
Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 11-14-2003 08:22:07 PM
I step forth!
one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-14-2003 08:24:17 PM
[waltz]Step, two, three. Step, two, three.[/waltz]
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 11-14-2003 08:25:38 PM
*Steps forth*

I am Spartacus!

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-14-2003 08:26:11 PM
Parcelan: You shall fill the role of the massive Samnite. A hulking mountain of a man (but mostly fat) hailing from the southern lands, you wield a barbarian's two-handed axe and a centurion's shield without breaking a sweat, bully smaller warriors about the battlefield, yet are succeptible to quicker fighters outmaneuvering you.

MorbId: You shall fill the role of the noble Legionaire, an average man-at-arms in all respects, with no glaring strengths or weaknesses, yet outclassed by larger and more powerful warriors.

Lazzay: From the Southern Deserts hail the Dervishes, blindingly fast fighters announced only by the swishing of their steel through the air. You shall learn their ways. But be warned, as you have little ability to defend yourself from a fighter able to keep up with you.

Mr. Gainsborough: You are a bandit, forced to compete as punishment for your crimes. You rely on trickery and stealth, waiting until the perfect time to place a shank in your foe's spine. However, you are virtually ineffective against armoured foes.

Black: You shall be trained in the ancient ways of the Northmen's spearthrowers. Able to pelt a foe from a distance with their deadly javelins, they also wear the skins of great beasts, and are rumored to be able to transform into a hulking bear when angered. Though this may only be a myth. Beware larger warriors, who are able to take cover behind their shields.

[ 11-14-2003: Message edited by: Sakkra ]

Lashanna
noob
posted 11-14-2003 08:38:11 PM
Pro Caesar et Romae Populus!

*steps forth*

omg, how is Gladius?

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-14-2003 08:40:45 PM
Lashanna: You shall recieve the steel brimmed hat-helmet and bladed targe of a Murmillo. A medium fighter, your strength excells in fighting lighter warriors, and utilizing your shield as a thrown weapon. A true crowd favorite. Beware animals such as wolves and great cats, who are able to dodge your shield.

Omg Gladius is fun

Demos
Pancake
posted 11-14-2003 08:45:50 PM
I step forth from anonymity!
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-14-2003 08:50:00 PM
I am Gladiator.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 11-14-2003 08:51:14 PM
I shall answer *steps forth*
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-14-2003 09:17:56 PM
Demos: And to anonymity you shall return. To the stands with ye. With any luck a true gladiator's blood may spray upon you, giving you the faintest hint of what battle feels like.

Ja'Deth: You are a gladiator indeed, or more specifically, a Centurion. Formerly a leader in the Emporer's army, you have found a new calling leading other gladiators to victory. With your ability to inspire and motivate your troops, your heavy spear and shield, you make a fearsome opponent to any who favor melee combat. Beware foes who fight at range however, an archer's bow or a javelin can make short work if you are not fast with your shield.

Janus: You shall be given the great axe of the Northern barbarian. While you are lightly armored, your large axe and speed allow you to easily shatter the shields of your foes and cleave helmets like pudding. However, your axe is quite easily parried and your defense suffers from lack of a shield or armour, and you are not large enough to swing it for long periods of time. This will allow those able to outlast your initial onslaught or attack first.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 11-14-2003 09:27:40 PM
That's odd, I heard Gladius kinda sucked...

But anyway, *step on up*

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Tatsukaze
wants Kloie's mom OH SO BAD
posted 11-14-2003 09:31:25 PM
*step*
Puggy
Pancake
posted 11-14-2003 09:57:26 PM
*step dances*

Maybe I could provide the in-between-battle entertainment?

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 11-14-2003 10:03:02 PM
*steps forwardupo*

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-14-2003 10:14:49 PM
Sentow: For your insistence on using Wakka as an avatar, and your insulting of Gladius, you shall be fed to the lions. However, as I hold no other animosity towards you, I shall grant you a shortsword to attempt to defend yourself. Try to delay your demise long enough to entertain the crowd, ya?

Tastukaze: To the stands with you. Also, it will be 5 dinar for your admission fee.

Puggy: If you wish to dance, you do so in the Arena. Our mages shall transform you to the form of a satyr, and you shall be given a bottle of wine. Though you are virtually useless in battle, the crowd enjoys watching one drink and dance. Sometimes the crowd's cheering is enough to motivate your side, as well as demoralize your opponents. Other than that, you have no redeeming value.

Moogle: We have no place in the arena for a small, furry white creature. However, we do have need of large furry creatures capable of wielding tree boughs as a club. In that vein, you shall be fed until you grow to the size of a yeti. Though be warned, while you will be a powerful fighter, you will have virtually no defensive capability due to your inability to wear armour.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 11-14-2003 10:19:26 PM
What is this... 'Gladius'... of which you speak?
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-14-2003 10:36:12 PM
quote:
Khyron wrote this stupid crap:
What is this... 'Gladius'... of which you speak?

A tactical RPG made by Lucasarts, in a Roman gladitorial setting.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 11-14-2003 10:36:47 PM
quote:
Sakkra was naked while typing this:
A tactical RPG made by Lucasarts, in a Roman gladitorial setting.

Which system is it for? What is the gameplay like?

Alt-F4
Pancake
posted 11-14-2003 10:39:21 PM
*steps*. Even though noone knows anything about me

My friend is supposed to bring the game when he come over tomorrow. It's supposed to kick ass

"Well that still only counts as one."
-Gimli
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-14-2003 10:42:39 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Which system is it for? What is the gameplay like?

Cross-console, and plays like Tactics Ogre / FFT as far as basic gameplay. However, there's a bit more depth, since there is no best class vs. everything like in FFT (*cough* monk with 2 swords ability *cough*), but has an almost rock/paper/scissors thingie going. Light warriors like bandits are able to dance around heavy fighters like ogres, but get owned by medium fighters like legionaires or barbarians. Likewise, medium fighters get owned by heavy fighters, and so forth. Though despite the rock/paper/scissors analogy, it has depth, as careful use of skills, terrain, etc. will allow one to even it out.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-14-2003 10:48:13 PM
Alt-F4: Though I do know nothing about you, I shall not defer you to the stands... Instead, I shall have my sages transform you into a Cyclops. Though you shall lose your depth perception, some say the Cyclops' eye holds magic powers. The fact that you are now able to swing about large weaponry with relative impunity helps too. Your undoing shall be javelineers. As their mothers pointed out, throwing sticks will put someone's eye out. Guess whose?
Drysart
Pancake
posted 11-14-2003 11:11:38 PM
what
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-14-2003 11:18:04 PM
Doesn't so much step forward, as everyone else instead steps back
Nina
posted 11-14-2003 11:19:30 PM
hay guys whats goin
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-14-2003 11:21:47 PM
Drysart: Casting you as the Emporer would be too obvious.. and let's face it, kicking back and watching the games isn't half as fun as participating. Instead, you shall join one of the berserker tribes of the north. They shall give you cool tattoos all over your body, give you warpaint, train you to shrug off pain, and as a side bonus, the women run around nearly naked. In battle, you will be able to throw yourself into a murderous rage, chopping foes apart with your axe. But the biggest advantage is the blue butts of the berserker women , even though they are painted as opposed to being dark elven.

Mooj: Though you also fit well with your fellow Moogle into the Yeti category, I have something else in mind for you. You shall be transformed into the minotaur, an ancient beast of unparalleled power. Fortunate warriors will be hewn apart by your blade, while the unfortunate ones are impaled upon your horns. However you are as slow as a lake in winter, and lighter warriors will give you a tough time.

Nina: You shall be given the helmet and dagger of a Secutor. The helmet (along with billowy clothing) will hide your true gender, allowing you to fight in whatever persona you please. The dagger shall be used to counterattack slower foes if you manage to dodge their attacks. As a plus, you are able to work the crowd effectively with your displays, provided you don't get chopped in half.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-14-2003 11:26:09 PM
d00d hook me up
Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 11-14-2003 11:27:47 PM
No, I am Spartacus.
The World is Yours
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-14-2003 11:35:53 PM
Falaanla: Due to your penchant for playing female magic users, you shall become a Channeler of the High Sect. Your abilities shall be stealing the elemental essences from your foes, then channeling them (hence the name) into destructive spells. You're pretty much screwed in melee though.

Liam: You shall be given the giant blade of an Ogre. Though you fight as a heavy warrior, you are quicker than other non-human warriors, but are not quite as strong by their standards. However, you are more than a match for a puny human, and your station inspires other sub-humans (I.E. your fellow Canadians) to fight harder.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-14-2003 11:40:47 PM
quote:
Sakkra got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Mooj: Though you also fit well with your fellow Moogle into the Yeti category, I have something else in mind for you. You shall be transformed into the minotaur, an ancient beast of unparalleled power. Fortunate warriors will be hewn apart by your blade, while the unfortunate ones are impaled upon your horns. However you are as slow as a lake in winter, and lighter warriors will give you a tough time.

Hmmmm... Now where's Chalesm?

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 11-14-2003 11:45:18 PM
quote:
Mooj probably says this to all the girls:
Hmmmm... Now where's Chalesm?

So when does the fighting begin?

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-14-2003 11:46:03 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Gunslinger Moogle was all like:

So when does the fighting begin?

It shall be arranged soon.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 11-14-2003 11:51:30 PM
I'm in a bad mood and looking for someone to kill. Sign me up.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Willias
Pancake
posted 11-14-2003 11:52:45 PM
Steps forth.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-15-2003 12:08:38 AM
Palador: You shall be transformed by our mages into a Scarab. But fret not, you are no ordinary beetle, you are one of the Scarabs of the Southern Expanse. Large as a wagon with pincers ofen made into swords, you are also able to spit caustic fluids at your foes. Your weakness is shielded fighters, and your near inability to turn.

Willias: You shall serve in the tribes of the Mongrels, as a shaman. The mob pays well to see you beastmen fight. With your ability to wield a club effecitvely, you fare better than other arcane classes, but are still no match for a true fighter. Though your ability to poison your enemies helps even this.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 11-15-2003 12:30:35 AM
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 11-15-2003 12:31:25 AM
Waves his foot dangerously close to the ground, tempting the fates, but not quite stepping forward until loosing balance and tripping onto his face with a curse at the fates. *ouchies, eww! gladiator blood and sand in the mouth*
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 11-15-2003 12:37:12 AM
*Takes a long step forwards and plants his sword tip-down into the dusty earth*
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: