EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What's the worst anime?
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 07-08-2002 11:56:38 PM
Simple question: What is the WORST anime that you've ever had the misfortune of watching?

I'm not talking just bad plot or bad dubbing. I'm talking about "a total waste of your life during the time it was showing" kind of bad.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Mr. Duck
Likes to ____!
posted 07-09-2002 12:14:13 AM
Big O

[ 07-09-2002: Message edited by: Mr. Duck ]

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 07-09-2002 12:16:29 AM
Speed Racer
Malbi
posted 07-09-2002 12:37:36 AM
Hamtaro
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 07-09-2002 01:00:48 AM
quote:
Mr. Duck said this about your mom:
Big O

Speed Racer was DECENT, not the best, but decent =p

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Jargum
Doughnut
posted 07-09-2002 01:31:13 AM
Tenchi in Toyko

Worst...series...ever
(followed very closely by Hamtaro)

Tsunami
I like pizza.
posted 07-09-2002 01:36:32 AM
I didn't hate tenchi in tokyo, it was ok... Not as good as the first two series tho... But i'd have to say big-o.
Moo.
OtakuPenguin
posted 07-09-2002 01:44:58 AM
TiT was horrible, absolutely horrible. But yeah, Big O was worse
DS
Perma-Newbie
posted 07-09-2002 02:14:20 AM
Tenchi in Tokyo made me ashamed to be a Tenchi Muyo fan.
G.S. Waisztarroz
Pancake
posted 07-09-2002 02:20:25 AM
Sailor Moon.

Maybe Dragon Ball Z.

Jargum
Doughnut
posted 07-09-2002 02:22:53 AM
Big-O was confusing as hell
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 07-09-2002 02:28:43 AM
quote:
From the book of Mr. Barrimas, chapter 3, verse 16:
Sailor Moon.

[strikeout]Maybe Dragon Ball Z[/strikeout].

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
G.S. Waisztarroz
Pancake
posted 07-09-2002 02:35:49 AM
quote:
From the book of Daemon_Reaper, chapter 3, verse 16:
[QUOTE]From the book of Mr. Barrimas, chapter 3, verse 16:
[qb]Sailor Moon.

[strikeout]Maybe Dragon Ball Z[/strikeout].

[/QB][/QUOTE]

DBZ is a pretty good contender for worst anime ever. The original Gundam kinda makes me fear (it deserves some credit for starting the chain), but DBZ is shitty at best typically. Animation is nowhere near as good as other anime, and it has a horrible shitty ass plot that takes forever and a day to get anywhere.

OtakuPenguin
posted 07-09-2002 02:36:09 AM
quote:
So quoth Mr. Barrimas:
Sailor Moon.

Sailor Moon rocked

G.S. Waisztarroz
Pancake
posted 07-09-2002 02:38:37 AM
quote:
The Otaku Penguin had this to say about Knight Rider:

Sailor Moon rocked

Wutever.

I kinda almost enjoy CCS, so I can't talk.

OtakuPenguin
posted 07-09-2002 03:06:46 AM
CCS also pwns hardcore
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 07-09-2002 03:22:33 AM
mon koli knights

watching this just hurt

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Evenstar
Pancake
posted 07-09-2002 04:52:30 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Mr. Duck wrote:
Big O

followed by Yu-gi-oh

To be born again for your sake; Blowing the past away on fluttering clouds; Letting the future ride on flowing winds; Fearlessly,unceasingly,patiently -clover
OtakuPenguin
posted 07-09-2002 04:56:35 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh just didn't make sense. I don't understand, I saw the first episode, in the FIRST EPISODE, the main dude uses the most powerful card combo. WTF is the plot if he can use the ub3r card of ub3rness?!
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 07-09-2002 05:02:54 AM
You do know he loses the card before he an even use it next? And the only point of that battle is to show how powerfu the millenium items are.

He said complete waste of time, so you cant strike out sailor moon because so many people just look at the girls and that gives them some pleasure so its not that bad.

And why does everyone hate Dragonball Z? I like the show, its got a decent plot, some cool fightscenes( not as cool as gundum, but hey) and has some hilarious episodes if your not to busy scowling at it.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
OtakuPenguin
posted 07-09-2002 05:09:19 AM
Sailor Moon has a good plot too, if people would stop oogling the girls and bitching about the show, they'd realize it.

And DBZ is bad because it takes FOR EV ER to move things along. Remember the episode during the Freiza saga when Gokuh and Freiza talked for a WHOLE DAMN EPISODE?! Yah...fun

Evenstar
Pancake
posted 07-09-2002 05:17:56 AM
quote:
From the book of The Otaku Penguin, chapter 3, verse 16:
Sailor Moon has a good plot too, if people would stop oogling the girls and bitching about the show, they'd realize it.

And DBZ is bad because it takes FOR EV ER to move things along. Remember the episode during the Freiza saga when Gokuh and Freiza talked for a WHOLE DAMN EPISODE?! Yah...fun

Sailor moon is ok to me, DBZ should have been better. They really screwed up the freeza saga by cutting out all the good stuff then making it 5x longer by doing all that talking and flash backs. I actuly hated DBZ untill I saw the original version. The freeza saga was less than half as long as what they made it to be.

To be born again for your sake; Blowing the past away on fluttering clouds; Letting the future ride on flowing winds; Fearlessly,unceasingly,patiently -clover
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 07-09-2002 05:19:01 AM
Either I missed it, its yet to come onto Cartoon Network. If so, then I would watch it and if it sucked then one episode sucked.

All ive seen is whats been shown on Cartoon Network, Coolers Revenge, and The Tree of might, and 3 episodes of the buu saga involving fusion(Some Funny Stuff)

OtakuPenguin
posted 07-09-2002 05:21:21 AM
Oh god, I lost ALL hope in dubbing when they changed Mr. Satan's name to Hercule. That was the last straw for dubbing.
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 07-09-2002 05:31:01 AM
quote:
Evenstar was listening to Cher while typing:
They really screwed up the freeza saga by cutting out all the good stuff then making it 5x longer by doing all that talking and flash backs. I actuly hated DBZ untill I saw the original version. The frieza saga was less than half as long as what they made it to be.

How is that even possible?

BTW its spelled frieza, not with 2 e's

G.S. Waisztarroz
Pancake
posted 07-09-2002 06:22:02 AM
You're anime-deprived if you can say DBZ is pretty good.
Kekvit Irae
Pancake
posted 07-09-2002 06:24:00 AM
DragonBall Z...
Or Romance of the Three Kingdoms (talk about a LONG drawn out movie)
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 07-09-2002 06:32:44 AM
quote:
Mr. Barrimas had this to say about Captain Planet:
You're anime-deprived if you can say DBZ is pretty good.

I dont say its the best, but I dont think its that bad either.

I saw the anime about the reincarnation of Joan of Arc, that really sucked it up.

Ive pretty much just seen lots of gundum and dragonball z, and the lineup on cartoon networks adult swim.

Evenstar
Pancake
posted 07-09-2002 07:05:47 AM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
How is that even possible?

BTW its spelled frieza, not with 2 e's

It doesn't really matter how you spell it in english letters as long as the sound is the same, and you'll never see anything good if all you watch is Toonami.

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 07-09-2002 07:22:11 AM
I watch adult swim too, and all the gundum and DBZ my neighbors have.

I need a job

Evenstar
Pancake
posted 07-09-2002 07:40:18 AM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper had this to say about Tron:
I watch adult swim too, and all the gundum and DBZ my neighbors have.

I need a job

I don't care what they call it, adult swim still cuts out a lot of stuff.

Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 07-09-2002 09:28:07 AM
I ifnd it reaklly funny htat adult swim is fille dwth all theos warnigns sayign its for poeple 18+ and yet the censorcode is pg13 level, and many fo the sshows are even tv-14(i think thats what its called, im propably wrogn though, i mean the pg13 equilvelent in tv rateigns) adn amny of them are jsut pg, not even pg13

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Evenstar
Pancake
posted 07-09-2002 09:31:42 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Rera wrote:
I ifnd it reaklly funny htat adult swim is fille dwth all theos warnigns sayign its for poeple 18+ and yet the censorcode is pg13 level, and many fo the sshows are even tv-14(i think thats what its called, im propably wrogn though, i mean the pg13 equilvelent in tv rateigns) adn amny of them are jsut pg, not even pg13

Haha yea you're right. They just put 18+ on there to make all the kids watching it feel like they are getting away with something. And it keeps Crazy parents from complaining about there not being warnings.

Razor
posted 07-09-2002 11:26:47 AM
the only good thing of of SM is the movies. and I am now so numb to to many different ones(i.e. DBZ, PKMN, etc.). I still say, even though it was the first, Astro Boy.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 07-09-2002 11:33:30 AM
quote:
Rera stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
mon koli knights

watching this just hurt

I change my vote.

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 07-09-2002 12:15:41 PM
Dragon Half. I think I cried just watching the previews for it.
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Razor
posted 07-09-2002 12:33:40 PM
The guys who made Dragon Half were on crack while plotting it.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
OtakuPenguin
posted 07-09-2002 12:47:41 PM
quote:
Evenstar's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
I don't care what they call it, adult swim still cuts out a lot of stuff.

Yep. Cartoon network is good for only 2 things: PPG and Samurai Jack.

ECP, go to your local Blockbuster or Hollywood Video and start renting ALL of the anime they have. Over one summer (first summer I got into anime) they knew my first name I was in there so much.

We need to cleanse your mind of thinking DBZ and the Toonami shows are as good as they come!

Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 07-09-2002 01:06:38 PM
quote:
How.... Razor.... uughhhhhh:
The guys who made Dragon Half were on crack while plotting it.

I watched it, I thought it was fucking halrious It's 4 episodes, how can it have a plot?
My vote for worst anime

Fist of the North Star or that Movie, with the cord cutter guy. Vise you had us watch that, what was it? It sucked.

Dordaur
Pancake
posted 07-09-2002 02:23:45 PM
DBZ sucks so much donkey ass! Hell, Astro Boy was better than that, and it's three times my age! DBZ takes my vote easy. As far as Sailor Moon goes, the Japanese version is OK, the American is a giant cat testicle. Don't mess with Fist of the Northstar man. How can you not like him punching people and their face exploding? Oh, and also, Ninja Scroll rocks!
Stuff.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: