EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Continued!
Evercrest News Network
This.... is ENN
posted 10-16-2003 03:10:10 PM
In honor of the return of ECvsMM, I felt like adding to a news story.

Continued from here.

After a brief pause in your programming, your screen suddenly shifts to a deep black before a sudden white EC logo spinning onto the screen. A new little tune accompanies the logo, which sounds like a bird's call. After a moment of two, a little bird shuffles across the bottom of the screen. Below the logo, more words form. "Sponsored by MEEPY Brand!

The blackness fades and focuses in on your favorite anchorpersons, Vorago Russell and Terena Gonzales. Vorago is sitting with his hands crossed and looks like he's been crying, while Terena is leaning back just a bit and playing with her knife.

Vorago: Welcome back, wonderful viewers. Here on ENN, you know we always try to keep you up to date with the news and today is no different. As you know, we have two children trapped in a small well and out last transmission stated they were attempting to send an officer down to rescue them.

Terena: Hilarity ensues.

Vorago: ... On that note, we go back to our live-on-the-scene reporter, Suddar MacKenzie. Are you with us, Suddar?

A small viewscreen opens in the upper right hand corner of the screen and shows the familiar shaggy-headed reporter with his ENN microphone in hand.

Suddar: Hello again.

Vorago: Great! Has anything else happened at the scene?

Suddar: Yes.

Vorago: ...

Suddar: ...

Suddar: ...

Terena: Today.

Suddar: Oh. You wanted elaboration. Sure, I can tell you what I've found out. Seems Officer Burger, as suspected, couldn't wedge his ass into the hole. As it stands, however, Mayor Pennoble issued a summons for the thinnest of people to come to these children's rescue. There was only one person to answer the call - LeMeire Fluffybunny. Having portrayed Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King, on Broadway, LeMeire felt it was his duty to put his stature to work. In fact, he should be bringing up the kids fairly soon. Why don't we go watch.

The camera turns away from Suddar to bring into focus the small gathering around the well. There's a long cable extended into the hole and the cable shakes occasionally before finally the crane operator is signaled to reel them back up. Before the cable makes it all the way to the top, an incredibly thin young man that resembles Link from The Legend of Zelda is seen scaling the cable before jumping out of the hole and running off with a horror-stricken look on his face.

Offscreen Suddar: We lose more people that way...

The cable continues upwards before a young man with a green wig and a frog exit the hole, sitting inside the harness and smiling. He is apparently talking to himself in two different voices and doesn't even seem to realize what's happened because he is so deep in his schizophrenia.

Azymyth: ... and there was this time I saved a woman from death at the hands of a beast with my soothing melodies.

Rhiannah: WAI! ^_^

The cable seems to lurch and the harness slips loose, dropping the young man back into the hole. The small crowd begins to disperse as the rescue crew start packing up.

Suddar: All's well that ends well, I always say. Back to you, guys. I'm gonna go listen to some depressing music.

The screen switches back over to the newsroom where Vorago is sitting alone and smiling. Terena is nowhere to be seen.

Vorago: Well folks, that's all for this installment. Terena had to run an important errand, but will be back for any future updates. Thank you and good night!

As the screen darkens back to black, Terena is seen returning to her seat with what looks like a pair of large wire-cutters in her hand.

NO ONE BREAKS NEWS LIKE WE DO!
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 10-16-2003 03:15:11 PM
psst.. it's LeMiere... i before the e.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 10-16-2003 03:24:27 PM
Won't let me edit. Too old message. Oh well. I don't even know why I try. Everytime I post something I've written, the very first reply is someone picking it apart somehow. Between the Choose Your Own Adventure and this, two attempts in a row, I'm fed up with it. Done. No more stories or writings from me.
Monica
posted 10-16-2003 03:27:19 PM
quote:
So quoth Bajah:
Won't let me edit. Too old message. Oh well. I don't even know why I try. Everytime I post something I've written, the very first reply is someone picking it apart somehow. Between the Choose Your Own Adventure and this, two attempts in a row, I'm fed up with it. Done. No more stories or writings from me.

Dudes, I 'd it... I just had to take a sec to add it to the site.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 10-16-2003 03:27:27 PM
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 10-16-2003 03:32:08 PM
Ahh, I loved this and the Choose Katrinity's Adventure story
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 10-16-2003 04:16:37 PM
Yeah I missed the second Choose Your Own Adventure thread (if there was one) but I really liked the concept
Mightion Defensor
posted 10-16-2003 05:06:34 PM
Yeah, Dude... that rocked!

Don't give up.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 10-16-2003 05:31:09 PM
dude, don't give up, it was great, even if I'm not THAT fat.
Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 10-16-2003 05:35:54 PM
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 10-16-2003 05:45:07 PM
You shouldn't give up Bajah.

They are funny. I always like the ENN stories. They make me laugh.

leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 10-16-2003 06:15:44 PM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about John Romero:

Don't be daft, i've just read over all the ENN threads and not once have I seen anybody try and pick the thing apart.

[ 10-16-2003: Message edited by: leckzilla! ]

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 10-16-2003 06:21:04 PM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, leckzilla! scored a straight 1 with:
Don't be daft, i've just read over all the ENN threads and not once have I seen anybody try and pick the thing apart.

I didn't say all the ENN threads. I said the last two things I've wrote. This and the CYOA thread. Very first reply was some comment about something I did wrong or another unfriendly comment. BOTH of those really shot down my good mood after writing them. When the very first reply is something like that, it's a real downer.
Monica
posted 10-16-2003 06:23:02 PM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Knight Rider:
I didn't say all the ENN threads. I said the last two things I've wrote. This and the CYOA thread. Very first reply was some comment about something I did wrong or another unfriendly comment. BOTH of those really shot down my good mood after writing them. When the very first reply is something like that, it's a real downer.

Eh, don't sweat it. Nobody gives a shit about either of the sites, but I don't let that stop me from updating them. Everyone the mighty Bajah and his funny stories.

[ 10-16-2003: Message edited by: Monica ]

Suddar
posted 10-16-2003 06:27:31 PM
Let's not get too dramatic now. The story was good, I laughed at it, Monica laughed at it, and you know it. People liked the CYOA idea. If you can't take a few passing comments, just don't post them. They're funny. But what's ruining my enjoyment more than Monica's comment is the fact that you're making such a fuss over it. She can't take the comment back now anyway, and there's no need to make her feel like shit and like she's ruined the whole thing because of it. Not sure what else you could ask for here.

Same goes for the CYOA thread. Lots of people voted on that poll hoping for a continuation of the story, and we never got it (that I've seen). Now, it comes to light that it was because of Joojoo's(?) question? Which was completely harmless?

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-16-2003 07:43:38 PM
Muahahahahahaha...Only thing that could have possibly made it better was if Azy was in a dress AND had the wig, but I understand the change. I love these things.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 10-16-2003 07:46:22 PM
Yeah, just relax a bit.

[ 10-16-2003: Message edited by: Liam ]

The World is Yours
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-16-2003 07:46:30 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael thought about the meaning of life:
Muahahahahahaha...Only thing that could have possibly made it better was if Azy was in a dress AND had the wig, but I understand the change.

And a panty flash when s/he fell back down, much to the chagrin of the crowd.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 10-16-2003 08:05:44 PM
NEWS!!!

More news more news more news!

LeMiere
posted 10-16-2003 08:27:09 PM
Ha! Amusing, much so. :]

(And like KloKlo said... 'i' before 'e.')

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-16-2003 08:36:09 PM
I miss Bajah comics.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 10-16-2003 10:42:28 PM
Hey guys, I wanna apologize. I had a bad day earlier and the stress was getting to me. I wrote to relax myself and then took the comment the wrong way. Hell, everytime I write, it's to relax myself.

But I do apologize. forgivnisplz?

Mightion Defensor
posted 10-16-2003 10:44:57 PM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Duck Tales:
Hey guys, I wanna apologize. I had a bad day earlier and the stress was getting to me. I wrote to relax myself and then took the comment the wrong way. Hell, everytime I write, it's to relax myself.

Give us some more updates and we'll discuss it.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-16-2003 11:26:03 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived JooJooFlop stammered:
And a panty flash when s/he fell back down, much to the chagrin of the crowd.

Yeah!

Vorago: OH don't do that!

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 10-17-2003 12:59:08 AM
That was very funny, and I would love to see more.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Monica
posted 10-17-2003 02:28:34 AM
quote:
Bajah spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 10-17-2003 12:03:21 PM
quote:
This is what Mr. Parcelan is doing. This is what I want Mr. Parcelan to do :
I miss Bajah comics.

All I have at work is MSPaint and I can't make decent comics with that.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: