EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: New FFVII: Advent Children pics!
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 09-30-2003 02:25:54 AM
Cliqué

Cloud looks kinda cool.

(And it's going straight to DVD?)

[edit: add] Not to mention the fact that Sephiroth looks UTTERLY badass.

[edit: add] Those of you with inferior browsers and/or software will do well to mind the alligators.

[ 09-30-2003: Message edited by: Aury ]

Nemx™
Pancake
posted 09-30-2003 02:28:44 AM
Just say yes to Gator!
Aury
posted 09-30-2003 02:29:45 AM
quote:
Nemx™ got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Just say yes to Gator!

What? I got no such offer.

Oh, that's right. Thank you, Google Toolbar!

Suddar
posted 09-30-2003 02:30:41 AM
But he's dead! He's dead, god dammit!

I swear, why even bother thinking of new villians when you can recycle the old ones?

Aury
posted 09-30-2003 02:31:17 AM
Perhaps it's a flashback?
Suddar
posted 09-30-2003 02:32:26 AM
The first one, maybe. Looks like Nibelheim.

But the second? Seph's outfit isn't even the same. Nor is his haircut. But you know that's Sephiroth...you just know.

He does look cool, though.

And I see they made Cloud's sword even larger.

[ 09-30-2003: Message edited by: Suddar ]

Aury
posted 09-30-2003 02:33:04 AM
*waits for someone to snag the pic and crop it into a sigpic*
Suddar
posted 09-30-2003 02:34:44 AM
Personally, out of all of them, I think the first looks best.

Almost seems to capture an emotion, something that CGI often misses out on.

Skaw
posted 09-30-2003 02:37:29 AM
[02:32] <Skaw> Clouds face looks so weird, but atleast they got his antiarm muscles right.
[02:32] <Aury> rofl
[02:32] <Aury> true 'dat
[02:33] <Skaw> Its amazing that he pulled himself AND Tifa up that cliffside in FF7s ending
[02:33] <Aury> hehehe
[02:33] <Skaw> He probably had a hidden jetpack.
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 09-30-2003 05:37:12 AM
I dunno... Cloud looks like some sorta recovering Crack ho..

JUST SAY NO TO CRACK!

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 09-30-2003 05:54:25 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Timpofee said this:
I dunno... Cloud looks like some sorta recovering Crack ho..

JUST SAY NO TO CRACK!

Also, Sephiroth bears a resemblance (in a bad way) to a half-dead marilyn manson.

[ 09-30-2003: Message edited by: Niklas ]

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 09-30-2003 06:04:04 AM
quote:
Niklas impressed everyone with:
Also, Sephiroth bears a resemblance (in a bad way) to a half-dead marilyn manson.

Marilyn Manson was the first thing that popped into my head upon seeing that. The second was "Ugh"

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Alaan
posted 09-30-2003 07:51:46 AM
I'm thinking the CG isn't going to work the greatest for this...
/sob.
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 09-30-2003 07:58:21 AM
Im sorry.. im working on photoshopping some of those pics.. haha .. its gonna rawk

"I wanna be a crackho when i grow up"

Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-30-2003 10:29:11 AM
They took Kefka's face on the FF6 intro and put it on Sephiroths
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-30-2003 10:30:33 AM
Sephiroth now resembles Kefka before he has a chance to do his hair and makeup in the morning.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-30-2003 10:34:15 AM
Owned
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-30-2003 10:38:12 AM
My comparison was done better, justifying the extra few seconds it took for me to get my post up.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 09-30-2003 11:18:52 AM
This looks like cosplay theater to me... and for a moment, I thought Cloud in the third picture was holding gunblade and wearing a SeeD uniform.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 09-30-2003 11:42:34 AM
Sephiroth looks like crap in that picture. Utter crap.

How should he look? Like he did in KH, or like he did at the end battle of FF7. No 'dark shadows under his eyes', no quasi-black lipstick...

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-30-2003 11:43:45 AM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about Robocop:
Sephiroth looks like crap in that picture. Utter crap.

How should he look? Like he did in KH, or like he did at the end battle of FF7. No 'dark shadows under his eyes', no quasi-black lipstick...

I guess that's the best they could do to make him look more Japanese.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 09-30-2003 01:15:57 PM
I'm going to reserve judgement til his head is up - shadows do funky ass things.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 09-30-2003 05:40:34 PM
quote:
Aury had this to say about Punky Brewster:

(And it's going straight to DVD?)

Yeah, it's called an OVA.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-30-2003 06:12:14 PM
character design is terrible, FF7's CGI was better
Alaan
posted 09-30-2003 06:24:50 PM
quote:
Kegwen spewed forth this undeniable truth:
character design is terrible, FF7's CGI was better

This is cleaner, but definitely more hideus. Only 1 or 2 pics where Cloud actually looked good.

And he does look like he's wearing a SeeD uniform in that last picture.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-30-2003 09:54:02 PM
Who wants pics when you can have a Vid?

**I have not seen it yet myself. Downloading now.

Alaan
posted 09-30-2003 10:01:01 PM
I knew Delid had to be good for something.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-30-2003 10:01:40 PM
It's Sephiroth all right
Ryuujin
posted 09-30-2003 10:36:47 PM
It's not really fair to judge the Sephiroth on the way he looks in the pictures. We have no plot details other than it's 2 years AFTER the game ended.

At the end of the game, Sephiroth was supposedly defeated and killed in the Lifestream -- Yet now he is present 2 years after the game? There may be some reason for the way he looks (, and of course there has to be a reason why he is alive. Zombie? Resurrection? I don't know, so I won't judge.

And truth be told, looking at the video now, I LIKE how Cloud and Sephiroth look in the pictures and video (Though I'm more interested to see how big they make Tifa's boobs ). I think the animator's are kind of stepping away from the "chibi-esque/cartoony" style that was in the game, and trying to target a broader audience with more realistic, more human-looking characters.

That's just my opinion anyway.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-30-2003 10:38:35 PM
But they're UGLY humans. God, fix the faces. A friend of mine noted that "Sephiroth must go through a lot of eyeliner."
Alaan
posted 09-30-2003 10:39:11 PM
In general my support for this movie has raised greatly. On the other hand, it just proved I'm not too big on their new looks...
Razor
posted 09-30-2003 10:41:03 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Kegwen was all like:
But they're UGLY humans. God, fix the faces. A friend of mine noted that "Sephiroth must go through a lot of eyeliner."

Who ever said only "pretty people" can be in this type of thing.

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 09-30-2003 10:41:38 PM
I like the way they look :/
Maradon!
posted 09-30-2003 10:47:03 PM
Cloud looks like a retarded 13 year old boy cosplaying Cloud. poorly.

Sephieroth looks like a cross between the guy who played Grima Wormtongue in the LoTR movies and the lead singer of "The Cure", with a dash of Renee Zellweger thrown in just to make him effeminate (which, as we know from FF9, makes him evil).

Ryuujin
posted 09-30-2003 10:49:02 PM
The animators are obviously Japanese, yet they were trying to combine American & Japanese faces/bodies in their models. This is obviously very tricky to do, and seems to meet with mixed reactions.

As a Japanese viewing it, it might seem hip/cool/trendy. But as an American viewing it, with not a whole lot of exposure to animation of that nature (And obviously exposed to more "anime-esque" CG), it seems foreign and new, so we probably won't like it as much as say, a teenager in Japan might.

Alaan
posted 09-30-2003 10:50:57 PM
quote:
Kahuna Ryuu had this to say about Punky Brewster:
The animators are obviously Japanese, yet they were trying to combine American & Japanese faces/bodies in their models. This is obviously very tricky to do, and seems to meet with mixed reactions.

As a Japanese viewing it, it might seem hip/cool/trendy. But as an American viewing it, with not a whole lot of exposure to animation of that nature (And obviously exposed to more "anime-esque" CG), it seems foreign and new, so we probably won't like it as much as say, a teenager in Japan might.

I just plain think its ugly and not very Cloud or Seph like. Though Seph does have some semblence of an excuse as you said earlier.

MorbId
Pancake
posted 09-30-2003 10:54:49 PM
The pictures weren't that impressive, and I still dislike the art style.. but the video caught my interest.

The Sephiroth in the Nibelhiem flashback was disappointing. The "current" Sephiroth, the one who fights Cloud later in the video, looked alright.

Since Sephiroth's original body was dead or at least incapitated for most of FFVII, it's not so surprising that he's being brought back now. There's also the convenient plot element of Hojo's numbered experiments.

The most intriguing part of the video was the cloaked figure in the chair that Neosephiroth was visiting. Hojo? Another Jenova puppet? Hm.

Alaan
posted 09-30-2003 10:57:41 PM
My first thought was something Jenova related. Should be interesting. I'll probably buy this when it comes out. Even if I don't like the main chars look, we can hope for a good story and or some spiffy action.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-30-2003 11:02:20 PM
quote:
Meow meow meow meow. Meow meow meow meow. Meow meow meow meow Captain MorbId meow meow meow.
The most intriguing part of the video was the cloaked figure in the chair that Neosephiroth was visiting. Hojo? Another Jenova puppet? Hm.

I'm thinking it's Hojo. It wouldn't suprise me if he created NeoSephiroth himself, somehow.

And where's Red XIII, damnit? I want to see how they make him look in a more "realistic" version.

[Edit]Hey, how old is Sephiroth supposed to have been, anyway? Could the NeoSephiroth actually be a Sephiroth Jr?

[ 09-30-2003: Message edited by: Palador ChibiDragon ]

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Maradon!
posted 09-30-2003 11:05:22 PM
Sadly, Red XIII was a filler character along with Cait Sith, Vincent, and Yuffie.

The curse of the filler character is that since they don't have much personality to begin with, thier presence in any sequels is optional at best.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: