EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The EC Enemy Territory Bash!
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-25-2003 08:13:46 PM
I'm going to try to organize an EC game that will actually be fun. None of this whining because teams are imbalanced or all the good players are on one side or what not. This is going to be a game where everyone works together and even follows orders!

So it's like this; Post what team you like to play on and what class you like to be, as well as what time and days you're available to put some good time in on a long Enemy Territory game. I can't guarantee you get the class or team you want, depending on how balanced the initial requests are. And if you agree to play there can be no switching teams or classes mid game.

And I'm going to assign Commanders to each team. Once I get the teams all figured out, we'll have everyone on each team vote for their own Commander. The Commander will be responsible for directing his team in the game. And if anyone feels like going all lone wolf and ignoring their commands repeatedly, we'll boot them.

Anyone want to give it a go?

Drysart said he can alter the server settings for it, so I'm also thinking of setting a max lives to spice things up a little more.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Sean
posted 06-25-2003 08:14:23 PM
Wunderbar!
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-25-2003 08:18:08 PM
I'd like to sign up as an Allied Engineer, even though I suck. I'm usually available weekday evenings, and all weekend.
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 06-25-2003 08:18:47 PM
I am an axis or an allied field ops.

I'm availible monday/wed/friday nights, and weekends.

[ 06-25-2003: Message edited by: Lenlalron Flameblaster ]

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Sean
posted 06-25-2003 08:21:42 PM
I'm a Soldat!
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 06-25-2003 08:24:58 PM
Alright. I play Medic/Covert Op (place me into whichever has less) and I prefer Axis.
Available more or less any time. I do nothing but sit around.

[ 06-25-2003: Message edited by: Arrenn Lightblade ]

Taylen
Pancake
posted 06-25-2003 08:26:57 PM
I prefer Allies, as either engineer or covert ops. I can play most anytime.
"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
nem-x
posted 06-25-2003 08:31:56 PM
Soldier, then covert ops.
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 06-25-2003 08:32:40 PM
Axis Covert Ops! Schnell!

Edit: I'm available just about every day any time in the afternoon.

[ 06-25-2003: Message edited by: Nwizzle Fo' Shizzle ]

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 06-25-2003 08:34:19 PM
Axis Medic.

I'm available a lot, but not always paying attention.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 06-25-2003 08:37:21 PM
Allied Soldier
Panzerfaust! PANZERFAUST!

And no damn FF, sick of winning the "I Ain't Got No Friends" award

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-25-2003 08:38:18 PM
quote:
Vorago obviously shouldn't have said:
And no damn FF, sick of winning the "I Ain't Got No Friends" award

Then stop using a weapon you obviously are not good with.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 06-25-2003 08:39:41 PM
I'll be an Allied Medic.
NAME TOO LONG
Pancake
posted 06-25-2003 09:07:29 PM
Allied covert ops.

My schedule is open. Any time is good for me.

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 06-25-2003 09:09:19 PM
No FF ruins everything.
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Tatsukaze
wants Kloie's mom OH SO BAD
posted 06-25-2003 09:10:06 PM
Allied Engineer or Medic

I can never play.

Willias
Pancake
posted 06-25-2003 09:20:54 PM
Axis Engineer, but I try the other classes as neccessary. I'm on everyday of the week.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-25-2003 09:25:51 PM
No FF leads to the entire team being 1 engy, and everyone else as a field op spamming airstrikes.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-25-2003 09:29:57 PM
We played for a while without FF earlier and it wasn't bad(to be honest, I had no idea it was even off! I just thought we were all good. ;P). Though if this game gets going it's going to be with FF on, and maybe max lives to make people more cautious and make dying actually mean something, instead of just a twenty second wait to spawn rush again.
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 06-25-2003 09:45:29 PM
Axis engy.
Vorago
posted 06-25-2003 09:48:41 PM
quote:
From the book of Comrade Snoota, chapter 3, verse 16:
Then stop using a weapon you obviously are not good with.

Actually I got top fragger every single map except the last... 12 or so in total

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-25-2003 09:49:25 PM
quote:
This one time, at Vorago camp:
Actually I got top fragger every single map except the last... 12 or so in total

That means nothing when you obviously take out your teammates and yourself just as often.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 06-25-2003 09:49:45 PM
Soldier, Heavy Machine Gun

or

Engineer, Grenade Rifle

Doesn't matter on faction. Free most evenings and late afternoons and weekends.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Vorago
posted 06-25-2003 09:50:42 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
That means nothing when you obviously take out your teammates and yourself just as often.

Hey, if I take myself out and an enemy with me after killing another, I'm still ahead of the game
And then in some situations if it's either he kills me, or I kill both of us, of course I am going to kill both of us

And besides, I just help medics get exp

I mean hey, if I can kill 3 enemies at once but have ot use an ally's face to detonate the rocket... well then it was a noble sacrifice

[ 06-25-2003: Message edited by: Vorago ]

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 06-25-2003 09:51:31 PM
quote:
Vorago's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Hey, if I take myself out and an enemy with me after killing another, I'm still ahead of the game
And then in some situations if it's either he kills me, or I kill both of us, of course I am going to kill both of us

And besides, I just help medics get exp

I mean hey, if I can kill 3 enemies at once but have ot use an ally's face to detonate the rocket... well then it was a noble sacrifice

You ain't got no friends!

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 06-25-2003 09:52:16 PM
quote:
Vorago wrote this crap. Can you believe it? Jesus.
Selfish bastard!

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-25-2003 09:55:48 PM
quote:
Vorago got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:

There is no such situation unless you suck. That's why you have a pistol and why most heavy weapon users use their pistols just as often as their heavy weapons.

And your comment about blowing up your own team mate to kill an enemy makes it clear. It's people like you that make people complain about panzerfaust users. And it's not because you're so skilled.

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 06-25-2003 10:18:02 PM
quote:
Vorago spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Yeah, you got top fragger every single map, except the ones that I got top fragger.

Gork
Pancake
posted 06-26-2003 06:10:58 AM
Any Class, any Side, any Time... EQ raids not wiyhstanding.
Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
Vorago
posted 06-26-2003 10:55:34 AM
quote:
Bummey the Fool's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Yeah, you got top fragger every single map, except the ones that I got top fragger.

Hey, you swept the awards for most skilled, best whatever, highest ranking whatever, but I had the Top Fraggers for every single round I checked, which was most of them. May have missed one or two, heh

Granted my self suicides also kept my exp at sub-par, but hey, those are the breaks

Vorago
posted 06-26-2003 11:08:14 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Comrade Snoota wrote:
There is no such situation unless you suck. That's why you have a pistol and why most heavy weapon users use their pistols just as often as their heavy weapons.

And your comment about blowing up your own team mate to kill an enemy makes it clear. It's people like you that make people complain about panzerfaust users. And it's not because you're so skilled.

Yes, so when I go through a door and some guy starts bunny hopping around me firing the thompson like mad and my health will last me another second in a half, I could

A) Fire two rounds with my pistol at him, maybe hurt him a little and die
B) Kill him and myself, preventing him from killing anyone else or pushing their objective along

Saying where there is no situation where you cannot win is just stupid. There are plenty of situations where you know you will die, but the difference is sometimes you can take someone with you. If I turn a corner and see someone *bweeee*'ing a panzer at me, I just fire one back. Sure, I could switch to the knife and maybe, MAYBE sprint + jump far enough away to survive the splash, but that isn't a sure thing, and has a better chance of just me ending up dead and the opponent alive to shove a screaming rocket down someone else's throat. SoI accept the death and put one into his crotch right before I die too. Same result for me, one less enemy my team has to deal with

And yeah, if a teammate can kill two or three or whatever enemies with an air strike and kill me in the process since they are all around me... fuck yes he should do it. I don't hold it against him, he was in a position to inflict far more damage on them then would be dealt to us, and I would expect him to take it. I would be pissed if he sat there and let the enemies kill me and scatter before attempting to kill them, since that doesn't put us in any better of a position. Ally is dead either way, but the enemy is still alive and no longer in an open position. Acceptable losses, if I go up in a spray of blood that also takes several enemies I wasn't in a position to deal with properly myself I glad for it, since I served a purpose with my frag that otherwise would have been pointless

Same deal, if I can kill a couple enemies but there is a pretty good chance I will kill an ally (Yes it can be used with finesse, but if the ally doesn't have the enemies to one side of him, you wont be able to get both without the ally. And sometimes the ally is too weak to survive a finesse shot with it anyways) to take the enemy out. Unless it is obvious the ally is winning or stands a good chance of winning, then I'll hold the shot until a better situation presents itself. Plus most of the time the ally is just killed by the splash, and isn't splattered so can be quickly revived which nets my team even more exp.

It isn't a matter of being a bad shot, I mean hell, the Panzer is mostlikely the easiest damn weapon to fire. It isn't a matter of it being overpowered (Ever seen a person adept with the rifle grenade go? I can't touch that many frags with the Panzer even if I went out of my way to. It just doesn't fire fast enough to do that, heh). It's just a matter of knowing exactly how a situation can be used to work out in your team's favour regardless, or at the very minimum, prevent the enemy team from getting an advantage, no matter how small, over yours.

Friendly Fire happens, but if it happens needlessly then it is a problem. I mean, sometimes shit happens. Covert Ops shouldn't be pissed to take a Panzer or a rifle grenade or a burst of rounds to the back of the head every once in a while, since that is just a hazard of the job. If you wait to check for that little "NO" sign on every enemy, you die. Sometimes you have the time to, but sometimes you just fire and forget and once in a while it's a Covert Op.

[ 06-26-2003: Message edited by: Vorago ]

Vorago
posted 06-26-2003 11:13:04 AM
quote:
Comrade Snoota thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

If it's an issue of your pistol VS his Thompson, yes, you MIGHT be able to win. But it is based on a number of things. Do you know who your opponent is? What is their position? What is your position? Who caught who by surprise? Is the person bunny hopping or sprint strafing to make themselves a harder target? What range at you two at? And depending how those variables add up, sometimes the odds of you winning are slimmed down to sheer luck. You may kill him, you may not. Shoving a panzer down his throat kills you, but also completely eliminated the possibilty of him killing you.

I mean, yes, every situation has a chance of you winning. But there are times when it is also the same as me having a chance of being struck by lightning going to get a slushie at the corner store. It could happen, yes, but it is just a gamble

Steven Steve
posted 06-26-2003 11:13:45 AM
Jesus, if you're that hard up for a kill, just snipe people with the Thompson/MP40. Sakkra kept doing the same fucking thing so I just shot him in the head.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 06-26-2003 12:26:27 PM
Actually, I agree with the thought of limiting Max Lives. Then when people like Vorago run aruond blowing themselves up in Noble Suicide with the panzer, they can be the ones to sit out watching the game while those of us who play it smart continue to do so
Khyron
posted 06-26-2003 12:27:36 PM
And I will play any class, I am available most evenings and all day friday/saturday.

I'm best as a soldier with the MG42, but I know how to play all classes well.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 06-26-2003 01:07:19 PM
I'd play as my usual Medic self, I suppose. Either side.
Khyron
posted 06-26-2003 01:13:31 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone else here have Teamspeak 2? I'm thinking of hosting a Teamspeak server for my team so we can be all like, organised and shit.
Vorago
posted 06-26-2003 01:13:37 PM
quote:
Khyron probably says this to all the girls:
Actually, I agree with the thought of limiting Max Lives. Then when people like Vorago run aruond blowing themselves up in Noble Suicide with the panzer, they can be the ones to sit out watching the game while those of us who play it smart continue to do so

Hey, if you want to lose a life anyways and give the enemy a gross advantage later, be my guest

I mean shit people, it's not like I skip right to kamikaze. I mean, I try to aim for 4 kills with 4 rockets, but sometimes the situation wont allow it and I help my team in the little way I can

But if someone ganks me from behind with a SMG and I have no possible chance of killing them, why WOULDN'T I take them with me? Choosing to just die rather than taking them with you is just downright stupid

Khyron
posted 06-26-2003 01:15:15 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Vorago said:
But if someone ganks me from behind with a SMG and I have no possible chance of killing them, why WOULDN'T I take them with me? Choosing to just die rather than taking them with you is just downright stupid

Because 9 times out of 10 someone will shoot you then run past, leaving you there for a medic to revive, especially if you're actually working with your team and not running off alone

Vorago
posted 06-26-2003 01:15:44 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Just out of curiosity, does anyone else here have Teamspeak 2? I'm thinking of hosting a Teamspeak server for my team so we can be all like, organised and shit.

I could get it, but if CS/NS has taught me anything, is that my Mic only seems to register or work or the program recognizes it half the time

But then again, that was with the shitty ass built-in HL one

I assume Teamspeak 2 is quality? I have a mic here, wouldn't mind getting it. Would be a nice addition to talking on the phone with an ally as well

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: