EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Your Favorite?
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 06-25-2003 02:54:10 AM
What is your favorite weapon? It can be a gun or a melee weapon. Mine?

Edit: I speel gud!

[ 06-25-2003: Message edited by: Arrenn Lightblade ]

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-25-2003 02:57:42 AM
I will make some posts for ECers so THEY DONT HAVE TO!

Azizza: A gun. Any gun.

Led: BIG HAMMER?!?@? NARF!

Ruvyen: I like swords

Fazumzen: My fists.

Mightion: I'm gonna have to stick to my guns and say I sworda like swords.

See, I saved you all time!

[ 06-25-2003: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

Chalesm
There is no innuendo in this title.
posted 06-25-2003 02:59:08 AM
a quarterstaff. Seeing a good staff form in action is a thing of beauty, and they double as walking sticks, making them more useful in ordinary situations than 99 out of a 100 weapons.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams, 1952-2001

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 06-25-2003 03:02:15 AM
You... You want me to choose?

I can't do that, I loves all my babies,

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 06-25-2003 03:02:41 AM
Your mom.

She's brutal.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-25-2003 03:05:11 AM
As for me, my favorite weapon would likely be a melee weapon, that melee weapon being a flail. Flails are cool.

I'd agree with Chalesm if I were able to actually make any use of a staff, as they are just...cool. But a flail is much easier to pick up, IMO

nem-x
posted 06-25-2003 03:05:14 AM
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 06-25-2003 03:09:37 AM
Melee: Shortsword. I'm horribly clumsy with everything, and the likelihood of me chopping off my own limbs is significantly less with a shortsword.

For general fun in games use, however, I prefer magic .

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 06-25-2003 03:13:24 AM
You know, you can't chop limbs off with a gun.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 06-25-2003 03:14:13 AM
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 06-25-2003 03:15:01 AM
Spear.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 06-25-2003 03:17:48 AM
NAGAMAKI!!!
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Addy
posted 06-25-2003 03:27:28 AM
Recurve [Long] Bow
Skaw
posted 06-25-2003 03:30:23 AM
quote:
Arrenn Lightblade's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
You know, you can't chop limbs off with a gun.

You can if it shoots fast enough.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 06-25-2003 03:31:59 AM
Oooooh, nice poll.

For a melee weapon, there's no question. Give me a Naginata, then get away before I flip the fuck out.

For a gun... hell, I don't know... I like the stopping power of a simple .357, but I get the feeling that I would enjoy trying out a sniper rifle as well. A pity I don't know all that much about guns, or I'd list specific types...

Taylen
Pancake
posted 06-25-2003 03:40:35 AM
Probably a bow of some sort.
"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 06-25-2003 03:50:33 AM
I really should learn more about guns. I've been intending to for a long time, but never have. As for shooting, I am only 14 and my dad doesn't collect guns, so that will be a no go
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 06-25-2003 03:55:29 AM
I need to learn more about pistols. I suck with rifles, but pistols are great for me... I just need to learn more about them.

I don't have a specific answer, but it definately would be a pistol.

desert eagle omg lolz

Lashanna
noob
posted 06-25-2003 03:56:24 AM
Hrm...

This is kinda a tough one...

I'm tempted to say rapiers and the like, simply because that's the only weapon I've really used...

But... I'm kinda partial towards long, large daggers (not short swords)...
Heavy ones, especially, I like the weight.

I'm not too into guns, but for any sort of guns, rifles in general are my favorite type. The Single shot kinda things...

It just seems like it has so much finesse, one simply, clear, powerful, long range shot. Not the multiple weaker shots of a pistol, or the haphazardness of anything automatic. Just one bullet.

[ 06-25-2003: Message edited by: Lashanna ]

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 06-25-2003 04:01:22 AM
Melee: Two-handed swords are perhaps my favorite ie Scottish Claymores and two-handed Japanese katanas. With a combination of my size and strength, I can make up for any loss of speed. Plus the reach on them is almost as good as a polearm. Speaking of polearms...a regular old spear or a halberd would do me good as well. Can use them both as a staff and as a piercing weapon.

Guns: Have only really used regular rifles and shotguns...would actually have to try more before learning which one really suited me, but in games I prefer machine guns.

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Skaw
posted 06-25-2003 04:18:55 AM
Small bladed items, like knives, and piercables, like icepicks and screwdrivers.

Not too favorable of real guns though.

Kekvit Irae
Pancake
posted 06-25-2003 04:27:12 AM
Either a two-handed sword, or a shortbow. Something traditional
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 06-25-2003 04:43:59 AM
Sais
Feed my hungry soul.
Cheese
Pancake
posted 06-25-2003 07:52:08 AM
Anything shiny.
**~*Pink Sugar Heart Attack!*~**
Led
*kaboom*
posted 06-25-2003 08:02:19 AM

My babies I keep two with me at all times!

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 06-25-2003 08:22:25 AM
Bo staff. Greatest weapon around
The World is Yours
Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 06-25-2003 08:26:44 AM
Melee : My Babies. Good defence from swords

Guns : Dual Desert Eagles ^_^

[ 06-25-2003: Message edited by: Redmage Darkrayver ]

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-25-2003 08:29:46 AM
quote:
This is what Redmage Darkrayver is doing. This is what I want Redmage Darkrayver to do :
Guns : Dual Desert Eagles ^_^

Have you ever actually fired a .50 Desert Eagle? Just curious
Azureusu
Don't whip your dick out til she asks.. or til she's sleepin..
posted 06-25-2003 08:36:18 AM
Shotgun full of barbie shoes.*
The back ends of a pair of unscrewed pool cues.

*Shotguns may also be loaded with a myriad of other things. Pencil erasers, toothpicks, catfish bones, tiny screws, fingernail clippings, ice, tiny penis shaped lollipops, candle wax, chopped up ink tubes from a dozen ball point pens in blue, red, and black(4 of each), petrified tongues, used tampon sleeves filled with sawdust, shattered remains of AOL discs, the possibilities are endless.

Azureusu
posted 06-25-2003 08:40:50 AM
quote:
Redmage Darkrayver had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Melee : My Babies. Good defence from swords

I'm certainly glad you think so. Maybe if you are in a choreogrpahed fight, against an opponant who doesn't really want to cleave you in twain, or poke a hole in your trachea.

Peter
Pancake
posted 06-25-2003 08:44:54 AM
For guns, well it would be a draw between the Gau-8, M256, or a Mark-7 and all the associated support systems needed to operate them

For melee, at one time I might have said something like a big ol' two-handed sword, but looking at it, two handers are something only a fully armored person can afford to use, not to mention the severe lack of martial training on my part. I would go with a Sword and shield combo..Or a spear and shield combo like the Greeks.

[ 06-25-2003: Message edited by: Peter ]

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 06-25-2003 08:48:38 AM
I don't have a lot of first-hand experience with weaponry, but I can get a feel for things pretty easily.

For melee weapons, I agree with Chalesm, both for the reasons he stated and for different reasons. I can't use most two-handed weapons well, because my arms don't coordinate well with both hands gripping near each other. On a quarterstaff, however, your hands are spread apart, and can shift to accommodate your needs. The whole staff is a handle. Some day I'd like to learn to use a quarterstaff. (A friend of mine has a 20 lb bar that's 5 ft long. I want to get something similar for practice, as learning to control that would help me get back in shape.)

When it comes to conventional range weapons, you just can't beat a good sniper rifle. Take your time, focus on the target, adapt to his or her movements. Then when you've finally locked it down, take a deep breath, hold it, and fire. Weapons like that take concentration, and the ability to think ahead. Plus you have to be okay with not breathing. Suits me perfectly.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Azureusu
posted 06-25-2003 08:50:34 AM
Why the fuck do people think you hold the breath IN?
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 06-25-2003 09:05:44 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived {Tal} stammered:
Why the fuck do people think you hold the breath IN?

So you can let out a big cheer when part of your target's head turns into red mist?

As for my weapon of choice, metal baseball bat.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 06-25-2003 09:06:29 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Duck Tales:
I will make some posts for ECers so THEY DONT HAVE TO!

Azizza: A gun. Any gun.

Actually a Saber or shortsword would be my fav. Sure a gun is safer, but it lacks a vertain finesse.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
BacardiMunch
Wise enough not to pee on the electric fence?
posted 06-25-2003 09:44:37 AM

Rawr.

UBT
Pancake
posted 06-25-2003 09:56:41 AM
Desert Eagle 50 cal all the way. As for melee weapons, I prefer either Bastard swords or Claymore's, simply because I like to flip the fuck out when I use a sword.
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 06-25-2003 10:04:38 AM
You and I have amazingly similar tastes in weaponry, UBT
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 06-25-2003 10:09:55 AM
Gotta say...usually I'd go with for a sword, the Rapier or the Sabre, but I really like this one:

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-25-2003 10:16:49 AM
Melee: For personal use, I'd probably use a hand axe and shield. As far as my favorite weapon in action, I've always liked the naginata, I'd just kill myself if I tried using it.

Firearms: OMG Id Use 2 Desert Egles 1 in each hand cuz they rock and shutup you're all lieing and the recoil wouldn't break my wriests your just a stupid noob shutup!!

Actually, I'd probably use some sort of shotgun, as there's a lot to be said for the intimidation factor.

Though if we're referring to weapons we can't feasibly get... I would really like some sort of lunar Mass Driver, or my own orbital laser platform.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: