EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I wasn't expecting much going into The Hulk...
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-21-2003 01:31:56 AM
I don't know what it was, but all the commercials and trailers struck me as cheesy. And not the good comic book kind of cheese or the delicious shredded cheese you sprinkle on top of your chilli bowl.

But it was hands down the best comic book movie since Batman. There was just something indescribable about it. It was just all there. Every main character turned in great preformances(methinks Sam Elliot deserves an Oscar nod for best supporting actor. He was channeling Mr. Thunderbolt) and the story actually managed to be more than the mindless action I was expecting from a movie about the Incredible Hulk.

There was only one minor dissapointment! The lack of HULK SMASH! But we got a, "Puny Human!" to compensate.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 06-21-2003 01:41:12 AM
I don't think I will ever be able to enjoy the Hulk. Today was my first day at a movie theater, and we had a power outtage, and everyone had to leave because they couldn't get the projectors back up.

I can expect some people being mad in these situations, but is it really necissary to throw coke and popcorn all over the place, including the SCREEN, shove cotton candy inbetween seats, leave chicken wings all over the place, etc etc, ESPECIALLY when they are offering RAIN CHECKS and REFUNDS at the front, and they were TOLD this.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-21-2003 01:42:54 AM
Better than X-Men(2)?

(Yes, I can read, I just cannot believe what I'm reading...)

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-21-2003 01:50:25 AM
quote:
Tarquinn painfully thought these words up:
Better than X-Men(2)?

In my opinion. X-Men 2 would fall under the second best comic book movie since Batman*, though.

* Though technically they probably were better than Batman, Batman was the greatest comic book movie for almost 15 years; we can still give it credit.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Error
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 01:51:40 AM
Did the hulk look fake to you?
Goma
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 01:51:46 AM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Better than X-Men(2)?

Nothing quite beats the scene where wolverine goes totally berserk, but The Hulk was pretty good, too. It was actually alot better that I thought it would be. Its worth seeing on the big screen.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-21-2003 01:52:41 AM
quote:
Delyl Caledor spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Jesus fuck, go away.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-21-2003 01:53:26 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Gomateux stammered:
Nothing quite beats the scene where wolverine goes totally berserk,

Well of course; I actually stood up and cheered when he had the guy against the 'fridge and finally let it all out.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 06-21-2003 01:55:46 AM
Snoota, I fully appreciate you and everything you do. I had to deal with stupid people for one day, you have to do it for the duration that you work with them. I am truly, truly sorry.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-21-2003 01:56:32 AM
quote:
Delyl Caledor wrote this stupid crap:

REAL hobbits look like this:

!

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Error
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 01:56:33 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Comrade Snoota:
Jesus fuck, go away.

What's your problem?

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2003 01:57:18 AM
quote:
Delyl Caledor's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
What's your problem?

You don't like anything.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Grendel
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 01:57:55 AM
I was really surprised at the hulk. I wasn't sure what to expect, I thought it might be as bad as daredevil, but Ang Lee was directing so I thought it might have some redeeming qualities.

It blew me away at how good the movie was. The CG looked good, the hulk looked like a tangible thing most of the time. The only thing I thought felt out of place was the final fight with the hulks father, it just felt thrown in.

Otherwise it was a really good movie, not as good as X2 but better than spiderman

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-21-2003 01:59:27 AM
quote:
Delyl Caledor impressed everyone with:
What's your problem?

If I say no, he did not look fake you'll bring up a frame by frame comparison between him and Gollum and whine about it for a few hours.

If I say yes, he looked fake you'll scream, 'I TOLD YOU SO! LORD OF THE RINGS FOR LIFE!'

Error
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 01:59:49 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
You don't like anything.

I like plenty of things. Mind telling me what's wrong with asking if the CG looked realistic or not?

Goma
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 02:01:31 AM
The only part that I thought was really stupid was what Liam dubbed the "explodo-vision" part.

The part where that crippled military guy fires the rocket thing at the hulk, and the rocket bounces off of him and lodges itself into the wall. When it blows up, he sorta flies towards the screen then STOPS and gets this really cheesy white outline then gets engulfed in some semi-cheesy flames.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-21-2003 02:02:24 AM
quote:
Fizodeth said this about your mom:
Snoota, I fully appreciate you and everything you do. I had to deal with stupid people for one day, you have to do it for the duration that you work with them. I am truly, truly sorry.

Wait, what?

Error
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 02:03:23 AM
quote:
Comrade Snoota Model 2000 was programmed to say:
If I say no, he did not look fake you'll bring up a frame by frame comparison between him and Gollum and whine about it for a few hours.

If I say yes, he looked fake you'll scream, 'I TOLD YOU SO! LORD OF THE RINGS FOR LIFE!'

Thanks for presuming you know me. No I wouldn't do that, I had no intention of bringing up Lord of the Rings in this thread. Grow up pls.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2003 02:03:47 AM
quote:
Delyl Caledor attempted to be funny by writing:
I like plenty of things.

LotR doesn't count.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Error
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 02:04:22 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop was listening to Cher while typing:
LotR doesn't count.

You've failed to answer my question.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2003 02:06:35 AM
quote:
So quoth Delyl Caledor:
You've failed to answer my question.

Failed? I never even tried to.

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 06-21-2003 02:06:43 AM
Delyl, they have a point. You are a rabid LOTR fanboy and it tends to grate a bit. The last time I remember you posting, in fact, was when you were complaining about Gollum versus Hulk CGI.

They have a point.

[ 06-21-2003: Message edited by: Gydfather ]

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-21-2003 02:07:11 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Delyl Caledor said this:
Thanks for presuming you know me. No I wouldn't do that, I had no intention of bringing up Lord of the Rings in this thread. Grow up pls.

You're absolutely correct! What was I thinking to even insinuate that the man who whines everytime someone says something even remotely negative about Lord of the Rings would bring it up! What was I thinking to even fathom that the man with Gandalf in his sig pic and Tolkein's logo in his sig would whine about people thinking the Hulk looked better than Gollum! Oh wait, he already did that.

But to answer your question; he looked exactly like the Hulk should have. He didn't look like a giant bright green cartoon character who was blue screened in with the other actors. But if by 'realistic' you mean he looked like a giant 15 foot guy who had been painted green then no.

Error
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 02:09:01 AM
quote:
Gydfather said this about your mom:
Delyl, they have a point. You are a rabid LOTR fanboy and it tends to grate a bit. The last time I remember you posting, in fact, was when you were complaining about Gollum versus Hulk CGI.

They have a point.

Well according to Snoota, his point was something that I (apparently) was going to do. Wow, makes sense to me!

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2003 02:12:02 AM
quote:
Delyl Caledor enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Well according to Snoota, his point was something that I (apparently) was going to do. Wow, makes sense to me!

Your sarcasm betrays you.

Error
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 02:15:50 AM
quote:
Comrade Snoota had this to say about (_|_):
You're absolutely correct! What was I thinking to even insinuate that the man who whines everytime someone says something even remotely negative about Lord of the Rings would bring it up! What was I thinking to even fathom that the man with Gandalf in his sig pic and Tolkein's logo in his sig would whine about people thinking the Hulk looked better than Gollum! Oh wait, he already did that.

So because I have a wizard picture and the Tolkien logo for my sigature, that means you can assume you know what I'm going say or post!

We all could make a lot of assumtions based on peoeples logo's and signatures. Some people would probably take offense to that picture with the 'No White Hoes' saying in your picture and assume things about you that you may not feel or do.

And so I have a personal opinion of Hulk CGI vs Gollum GCI. What's your point? Did you notice that I don't go around EVERY thread saying I think Gollum looks better than Hulk? No I didn't! I made a complete thread for that specific topic and I left it at that.

You're the only one that keeps bringing this topic up into different threads. Not me.

Error
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 02:16:16 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived JooJooFlop stammered:
Your sarcasm betrays you.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question...

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2003 02:17:44 AM
quote:
Delyl Caledor had this to say about Tron:
So because I have a wizard picture and the Tolkien logo for my sigature, that means you can assume you know what I'm going say or post!

No, it's because you have a history of being a total fanboy. That's just gravy.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-21-2003 02:18:34 AM
quote:
Delyl Caledor said this about your mom:
We all could make a lot of assumtions based on peoeples logo's and signatures. Some people would probably take offense to that picture with the 'No White Hoes' saying in your picture and assume things about you that you may not feel or do.

No, they'd probably be correct.

Now stfu since I already answered your question.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Error
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 02:19:07 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop was naked while typing this:
No, it's because you have a history of being a total fanboy. That's just gravy.

This says differently

quote:
What was I thinking to even fathom that the man with Gandalf in his sig pic and Tolkein's logo in his sig would whine about people thinking the Hulk looked better than Gollum! Oh wait, he already did that.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2003 02:20:04 AM
quote:
Delyl Caledor impressed everyone with:
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question...

You seem to have forgotten the Hulk vs. Gollum CGI thread you made. We haven't, and we don't want to hear anymore of it. Given your history here I think it's a fair assumption you would bring it up.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2003 02:21:31 AM
quote:
This one time, at Delyl Caledor camp:
This says differently

*ahem*

quote:
That's just gravy.
Error
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 02:21:56 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
You seem to have forgotten the Hulk vs. Gollum CGI thread you made. We haven't, and we don't want to hear anymore of it. Given your history here I think it's a fair assumption you would bring it up.

Yes, I made a COMPLETE THREAD FOR THAT SPECIFIC TOPIC.

I'm not the one who constantly brings that thread up. I'd like to see a single shread of proof that I am.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-21-2003 02:24:24 AM
quote:
Delyl Caledor had this to say about (_|_):
I'm not the one who constantly brings that thread up. I'd like to see a single shread of proof that I am.

Constantly? When was it referred to outside of this thread?

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 06-21-2003 02:26:41 AM
Eh, I think they could've dropped some of the "science". I would be happy seeing the Hulk beat the living shit out of things with some back story.

Having that corny "science" thrown in makes it bad, though.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 06-21-2003 02:28:33 AM
I can't help but wonder what he would've said if he had answered the question.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 06-21-2003 03:55:28 AM
quote:
Delyl Caledor had this to say about Optimus Prime:

A) You've made statements in the past, specifically in the CGI thread talking about Hulk and Gollum, that you think that Gollum's CGI was more realistic than Hulk's.

B) You've made statements in the past, that when coupled with your sig pic and signature lead most members to beleive you to be somewhat of a tolkien fanboi.

C) You show up in a thread talking about Hulk asking if he looks realistic or not.

Now, myself and others here (Snoota and JooJoo) have put 1 + 1 + 1 together here and guessed that yes, you were asking about realism to compare him with Gollum. See, that's what many people in the scientific community call an EDUCATED GUESS. And EDUCATED GUESSES are used to assume something based upon what you've shown us in the past! What a strange concept that must be!

Taskmaster Bajah
Pancake
posted 06-21-2003 07:27:25 AM
Knock it off.
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 06-21-2003 08:40:16 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Fizodeth said:
I don't think I will ever be able to enjoy the Hulk. Today was my first day at a movie theater, and we had a power outtage, and everyone had to leave because they couldn't get the projectors back up.

I can expect some people being mad in these situations, but is it really necissary to throw coke and popcorn all over the place, including the SCREEN, shove cotton candy inbetween seats, leave chicken wings all over the place, etc etc, ESPECIALLY when they are offering RAIN CHECKS and REFUNDS at the front, and they were TOLD this.

Chicken Wings? At a movie? Weird.

Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 06-21-2003 09:45:07 AM
Glad that was not me

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: