EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Religion
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-10-2003 07:05:03 PM
In a fit of curiosity contributing to a long-term research on our boards and the society therein, I create the following ghetto poll.

"I am the Following Religion:"

A. Catholic
B. Christian
C. Jewish
D. Agnostic (I dunno)
E. Atheist (THERE IS NO GOD)

Please note, if you are Wiccan/I Believe In Mother Earth/EARTH, WIND AND FIRE, LEND ME STRENGTH or something else like that, you can abstain from saying so, as Wiccan/Crap isn't actually a religion.

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 06-10-2003 07:07:30 PM
D.
"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-10-2003 07:07:45 PM
raised to be A, but follow a more polytheistic(sp?) outlook
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 06-10-2003 07:08:19 PM
Raised B, currently D
Mod
Pancake
posted 06-10-2003 07:08:22 PM
E
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 06-10-2003 07:08:43 PM
quote:

Please note, if you are Wiccan/I Believe In Mother Earth/EARTH, WIND AND FIRE, LEND ME STRENGTH or something else like that, you can abstain from saying so, as Wiccan/Crap isn't actually a religion.

And we all know you're automatically right on everything, despite the fact that for a good chunk of time I was Wiccan, and it IS an actual religion.

Right now I'm residing in that hazy area of Other. More like I'm A Freak who Thinks Too Much And Made Some Crap Up, But Believes It And Can Make Up Her Own Religious Holidays.

I dislike UBB.

[ 06-10-2003: Message edited by: Nicole ]

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Gadani
U
posted 06-10-2003 07:09:12 PM
B
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-10-2003 07:10:23 PM
quote:
Nicole Model 2000 was programmed to say:
And we all know you're automatically right on everything, despite the fact that for a good chunk of time I was Wiccan, and it IS an actual religion.

No.

Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 06-10-2003 07:10:41 PM
D

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
Nicole
posted 06-10-2003 07:11:50 PM
quote:
How.... Mr. Parcelan.... uughhhhhh:
No.

Why?

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 06-10-2003 07:12:18 PM
I'm a Jedi!

Err, D.

NAME TOO LONG
Pancake
posted 06-10-2003 07:15:21 PM
I am a Mormon.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-10-2003 07:15:41 PM
quote:
Nicole had this to say about Cuba:
Why?

Because it wasn't an option in this poll. For all intents and purposes of this poll, Wicca is just a fad for outcast angsty kids.

Steven Steve
posted 06-10-2003 07:16:32 PM
I'm agnostic, and I fully respect religion and all believers.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-10-2003 07:17:00 PM
re-li-gion

1. a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Therefore, by definition Parce = wrong. While I may not agree with it, Wicca is a religion. That doesn't change the fact that 90% of those who claim to follow it are complete morons who merely say they do to sound trendy, but I'm not going to go into that.

Puggy
Pancake
posted 06-10-2003 07:17:09 PM
E

isnt catholic in the christian category?

Nicole
posted 06-10-2003 07:17:31 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan's fortune cookie read:
Because it wasn't an option in this poll. For all intents and purposes of this poll, Wicca is just a fad for outcast angsty kids.

Nevermind the fact that damn near 75% of actual wiccans I've seen have been over 40. But eh, s'your thread.

Still pick the hidden option, Other. AND I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE ELSE TO! FIGHT THE POWER! FIGHT THE POWER!!

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-10-2003 07:18:26 PM
quote:
Puggy the Squirrel's fortune cookie read:
E

isnt catholic in the christian category?

No, Catholics do not revere or pay homage to Christ in any way...
Actually, I think by Christian Parce is referring to all the other doctrines of Christianity such as Prodestant, Baptist, Mormon, etc.

[ 06-10-2003: Message edited by: Sakkra ]

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-10-2003 07:18:51 PM
quote:
Nicole had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Nevermind the fact that damn near 75% of actual wiccans I've seen have been over 40.

Until you offer scientific proof, you're completely Nicole, and thus wrong.

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 06-10-2003 07:21:50 PM
E.
The World is Yours
Steven Steve
posted 06-10-2003 07:25:03 PM
quote:
Nicole had this to say about pies:
Nevermind the fact that damn near 75% of actual wiccans I've seen have been over 40. But eh, s'your thread.

Still pick the hidden option, Other. AND I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE ELSE TO! FIGHT THE POWER! FIGHT THE POWER!!

Did you happen to meet them, oh, in a bar?

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-10-2003 07:25:29 PM
I vote Agnostic, since it's the closest to my beliefs. Even though I "know" (for purposes of religion, read as believe) there is a higher power, thus making me not fit by definition into agnosticism, I believe in more an amalgam of different beliefs, such as existence of God, His watching over humanity, yet unlike Christianity I believe in reincarnation and karma.
Ares
posted 06-10-2003 07:25:49 PM
B., United Protestant. But I don't practice and have a set of personal beliefs.
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 06-10-2003 07:29:01 PM
Why are catholic and christian seperate options?

Catholics are just a demonination of Christians with more stuff added on.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 06-10-2003 07:29:31 PM
I'm choosing D/E...for now.

I'm deciding on wether or not to convert to Wiccan or not...Meaning, I need to get off my ass and get books on the religion.

[ 06-10-2003: Message edited by: Redmage Darkrayver ]

Caela
Crazed Ex-Angel
posted 06-10-2003 07:31:28 PM
A.

though lapsed...severly lapsed.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. " - the "Professor" - The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress
Puggy
Pancake
posted 06-10-2003 07:32:13 PM
quote:
Sakkra had this to say about Punky Brewster:
No, Catholics do not revere or pay homage to Christ in any way...
Actually, I think by Christian Parce is referring to all the other doctrines of Christianity such as Prodestant, Baptist, Mormon, etc.

i used to be catholic. Yes they do. I went to mass, praised christ, sang songs about him and drank his blood and ate his flesh.

Mr. Duck
Likes to ____!
posted 06-10-2003 07:32:17 PM
E
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-10-2003 07:34:03 PM
I'll stick to Pagan.

I can't define it, it just is.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-10-2003 07:35:22 PM
quote:
Puggy the Squirrel enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
drank his blood and ate his flesh.

The best part of church. Free food and drink!

I'm A.

Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 06-10-2003 07:35:40 PM
DEEEE!!!!!!!!

imv ery confused, jesus followers get 2 slots yet of the five choices go to foloers of jesus. and oen of them to th roots of christianity, yet copletly ignore allmost all of th toehr religions

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 06-10-2003 07:36:33 PM
D.
Puggy
Pancake
posted 06-10-2003 07:37:26 PM
quote:
Mog had this to say about dark elf butts:
DEEEE!!!!!!!!

imv ery confused, jesus followers get 2 slots yet of the five choices go to foloers of jesus. and oen of them to th roots of christianity, yet copletly ignore allmost all of th toehr religions

could someone translate? All i got was "ignore almost all of the other religions"

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 06-10-2003 07:38:43 PM
Eh, my dad is Catholic, so I went to a Catholic church for a while. I was really just a "Christian" for a while, and now I'm more agnostic.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-10-2003 07:42:07 PM
Raised as B, but am more like D now.
Puggy
Pancake
posted 06-10-2003 07:45:22 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Mortious said:
The best part of church. Free food and drink!

I'm A.

and you call yourself a catholic... SHAME!

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 06-10-2003 07:52:58 PM
D

Tristan
Vidi, vici, veni.
Nae's Stooge
posted 06-10-2003 07:57:35 PM
D/E

There is no god(s), but I cant prove it, so I must say that there is the possabilty for the existance of god(s)

Veni, vidi, vici
diadem
eet bugz
posted 06-10-2003 07:57:52 PM
e
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Demos
Pancake
posted 06-10-2003 07:59:04 PM
Kinda left off a choice of other, or other major religions, like Mog said. To name a few:

Buddhism
Hinduism
Islam
Shintoism
Native American Indian religions

The list goes on.

So yeah, basically what Mog said.

Edit: <--- Buddhist

[ 06-10-2003: Message edited by: Demos ]

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: