EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Marvel quiz
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-02-2003 10:26:42 PM
Which Marvel character are you?

I am

Name: Gambit

POB: USA

Mutant Power: Through physical contact, Gambit can charge inanimate objects with kinetic energy, which is released on contact with explosive results. Gambit also has slightly enhanced agility and speed.

Brief Bio: Growing up alone in New Orleans as a pickpocket, Gambit's red eyes always set him apart. A thief and a ladies man, Gambit joined the X-MEN after rescuing Storm from the Shadow King.

Gambit and Rogue have always had an on/off relationship, because of the barrier of her powers. They did manage to get it on once though, when a villain removed their powers temporarily whilst holding them prisoner below Antarctica.

Wacky Plot line: Unbeknownst to the X-MEN for some time, Gambit once worked for their enemy Sinister. He used his skills as a master thief to infiltrate a group of ugly mutants known as the Morlocks who were living in the sewers under New York. When Sinister sent his Marauders to slaughter the group Gambit tried to stop the killings but was injured by Sabretooth. He managed to save one little girl, who grew up to become Marrow.

He kept this secret from the X-MEN for some time, until Magneto forced him to confess to his teammates for the injustices he had perpetrated on his fellow Homosuperior. Rogue ditched him, but he later returned and made his peace with her.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 05-02-2003 10:28:29 PM
I'm Beast!
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 05-02-2003 10:28:43 PM
I got Beast.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-02-2003 10:32:21 PM

^__________________^

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Lee Taxx0r
Pancake
posted 05-02-2003 10:35:03 PM
wolverine
Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 05-02-2003 10:35:22 PM
Wolverine.
The World is Yours
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-02-2003 10:38:00 PM
I was reading all the bio things and came across Psylocke's. She's dead!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! She was the only cartoon character I've ever jerked off to!

Wait, forget I said that.

[ 05-02-2003: Message edited by: Comrade Snoota ]

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 05-02-2003 10:38:27 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I was reading all the bio things and came across Pslocke's. She's dead!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! She was the only cartoon character I've ever jerked off to!

Wait, forget I said that.

It's okay. I did it, too.

Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 05-02-2003 10:39:19 PM
Beast. Woo.
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 05-02-2003 10:39:44 PM
I am Storm.

Go me.

From the thingy, "When her mutant powers manifested she used them to create rains in drought stricken African farming areas, which led to her being worshipped as a goddess by the locals. When Professor Xavier brought her to America to join the X-MEN she was known for frequently getting naked and giving herself a 'shower'." This sounds like something I would do .

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Gadani
U
posted 05-02-2003 10:40:03 PM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Captain Planet:

I am

Name: Gambit

Mutant Power: Through physical contact, Gambit can charge inanimate objects with kinetic energy, which is released on contact with explosive results. Gambit also has slightly enhanced agility and speed.

Brief Bio: Growing up alone in New Orleans as a pickpocket, Gambit's red eyes always set him apart. A thief and a ladies man, Gambit joined the X-MEN after rescuing Storm from the Shadow King.

Gambit and Rogue have always had an on/off relationship, because of the barrier of her powers. They did manage to get it on once though, when a villain removed their powers temporarily whilst holding them prisoner below Antarctica.

Wacky Plot line: Unbeknownst to the X-MEN for some time, Gambit once worked for their enemy Sinister. He used his skills as a master thief to infiltrate a group of ugly mutants known as the Morlocks who were living in the sewers under New York. When Sinister sent his Marauders to slaughter the group Gambit tried to stop the killings but was injured by Sabretooth. He managed to save one little girl, who grew up to become Marrow.

He kept this secret from the X-MEN for some time, until Magneto forced him to confess to his teammates for the injustices he had perpetrated on his fellow Homosuperior. Rogue ditched him, but he later returned and made his peace with her.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 05-02-2003 10:41:05 PM
You are Chamber!

Name: Jonathon Starsmore

POB: England

Mutant Power: Chamber can project destructive bio-blasts from the area of his torso.

Brief Bio: When Jonathon Starsmore's mutation manifested, it blew a hole in his upper chest and destroyed the lower half of his face. Oh, and crippled his girlfriend. It has been theorized that Jonathon Starsmore's body is merely an unliving shell housing pure psionic energy. He has no need to eat, drink or breathe, and lacks major internal organs, such as a heart and lungs. Telepathic speech is his only means of communication, as his initial blast destroyed his mouth and voice box.

Wacky Plot line: Recently 'Jono' shacked up with the Britney-esque popstar 'Sugar Kane'. Despite warnings from his teammates and much animosity from Sugar Kane's manager, Jono stuck with her. Unfortunately it turned out she was only using him for publicity ['Popstar Dates Mutant' etc], and dumped him as soon as rumors of a pregnancy begun circulating, fearing it would be bad for her image.

Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 05-02-2003 10:48:25 PM
Wolverine.
There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 05-02-2003 10:58:16 PM

Who's the fuzzy blue sex machine who strikes out with all the chicks?
BEAST!
You daaaaaaaamned right.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 05-02-2003 11:01:08 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael Model 2000 was programmed to say:

Who's the fuzzy blue sex machine who strikes out with all the chicks?
BEAST!
You daaaaaaaamned right.

Who didn't see THIS coming?

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 05-02-2003 11:26:51 PM
You are Havok!

Name: Alex Summers

Mutant Power: Havok has the ability to absorb ambient cosmic energy and release it as waves of intense heat -- creating plasma, a state of matter consisting of charged subatomic particles. Heat waves will emanate from Havok's body in all directions unless purposefully channeled, usually along the length of his arms. When one of these waves strikes an object, the sudden jump in temperature may cause it to shatter, explode or simply disintegrate.

Brief Bio: The brother of X-MEN leader Cyclops, Havok has always lived under his brother's shadow. He has led X-Factor, a group of mutant criminals known as the brotherhood and a version of the X-MEN from an alternate dimension known as the six.

Havok is as powerful as his brother, but lacks leadership skills and is more hot headed. Scott and Alex are invulnerable to each other's powers.

Wacky Plot line: After detonating a bomb/plane/time machine to save a city, Havok was transported to another dimension where he led a group of alternate X-MEN known as the six. In this reality, Beast was dumb, Angel was evil and breathed fire and Storm was a vampire!

The book was called Mutant X [a title which was stolen for a crappy, rip off tv show]. Recently the book was cancelled and Havok was returned to his original dimension albeit in a coma.

[ 05-02-2003: Message edited by: Rurouni Densetsu ]

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Schalaa Zeal
Stand Tall
and Shake your (_|_)!!
posted 05-02-2003 11:32:40 PM
You are Storm!

Name: Ororo Munroe

POB: Africa

Mutant Power: Storm has the ability to manipulate the weather, she can induce any sort of precipitation, sometimes indoors. She can also generate gale force winds anytime and hurl bolts of lightning.

Brief Bio: Ororo was orphaned at an early age when a plane crashed on her house killing her parents and trapping her under the rubble. This induced severe claustrophobia in her which she still suffers from today. Homeless and alone she cam under the tutelage of master thief Achmed el-Gibar.

When her mutant powers manifested she used them to create rains in drought stricken African farming areas, which led to her being worshipped as a goddess by the locals. When Professor Xavier brought her to America to join the X-MEN she was known for frequently getting naked and giving herself a 'shower'.

Wacky Plot line: At one point Storm was abducted by a Villain called 'the Nanny' and regressed to childhood. With no memories of her life beforehand, and little control over her powers, Storm became a pickpocket once more until she was rescued from the Shadow King by Gambit. The two became friends and Storm was eventually restored to her full adult state.

Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 05-02-2003 11:35:57 PM
I'm surprised at this. I'm Magneto.
Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 05-02-2003 11:38:36 PM
I did not get Nightcrawler, and thus, will not post who I got.
It was Cyclops.

[ 05-02-2003: Message edited by: Nwizzle Fo' Shizzle ]

Steven Steve
posted 05-02-2003 11:39:43 PM

Name: Scott Summers

Mutant Power: Scott Summers is cursed with powerful Optic blasts of kinetic energy that fire every time he opens his eyes. He must wear a ruby quartz visor to control them.

Brief Bio: Longtime leader of the X-MEN, husband to Jean Grey, brother to Havok. Scott Summers is all these things. Cyclops is a natural leader, but lacks social skills. The first mutant to be trained by Professor X, Cyclops has had more than his share of trials and tribulations.

His life is one of the wackiest plotlines in X-MEN history, so i'll just move on.

Wacky Plot line: Cyclops dug Jean as soon as he saw her, but it took time for him to build up the courage to approach her, he eventually did and they became and item, but then on a return trip from the moon, the interstellar entity known as the Phoenix took Jean's place [unbenowst to her teammates] and put Jean in suspended animation under the sea. The Phoenix masqueraded as Jean for a while, but ended up committing suicide on the moon.

Then a clone of Jean [created by Sinister] turned up calling herself Madelyne Pryor, Scott fell for her and they had a baby [Nathan Christopher Summers, Cable]. Then the original Jean returned and Scott got back with her. This drove Madlyne Pryor insane, she developed godlike powers, tried to take over the world and was eventually killed by Jean [nasty!]. It gets better:

Scott's son was infected with a techno-organic virus, so they sent him into the future to be cured, which was, unfortunately a living hell thanks to Apocalypse. Scott's kid was adopted by the Askani sisterhood who brought Jean and Scott into the future to raise him [in some other people's bodies]. Nathan Summers grew up to become Cable and traveled back in time again to kill Apocalypse before he controlled the earth, meeting his dad who is actually much younger than him in this time.

Recently, during an extremely convoluted plotline, Cyclops ended up being merged with Apocalypse whilst thwarting his attempt to obtain godlike powers. Eventually, as they always do, Cyclops fought off Apocalypse' control and rejoined the X-MEN. Phew!

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-02-2003 11:43:27 PM
Densetsu is second fiddle to Nwist AND Faz.

Sucks to be you.

Error
Pancake
posted 05-02-2003 11:45:19 PM
Suddar
posted 05-02-2003 11:49:56 PM
quote:
Rurouni Densetsu stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
You are Havok!

Mutant Power: Havok has the ability to absorb ambient cosmic energy and release it as waves of intense heat -- creating plasma, a state of matter consisting of charged subatomic particles. Heat waves will emanate from Havok's body in all directions unless purposefully channeled, usually along the length of his arms. When one of these waves strikes an object, the sudden jump in temperature may cause it to shatter, explode or simply disintegrate.

Brief Bio: The brother of X-MEN leader Cyclops, Havok has always lived under his brother's shadow. He has led X-Factor, a group of mutant criminals known as the brotherhood and a version of the X-MEN from an alternate dimension known as the six.

Havok is as powerful as his brother, but lacks leadership skills and is more hot headed. Scott and Alex are invulnerable to each other's powers.

Wacky Plot line: After detonating a bomb/plane/time machine to save a city, Havok was transported to another dimension where he led a group of alternate X-MEN known as the six. In this reality, Beast was dumb, Angel was evil and breathed fire and Storm was a vampire!

The book was called Mutant X [a title which was stolen for a crappy, rip off tv show]. Recently the book was cancelled and Havok was returned to his original dimension albeit in a coma.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 05-03-2003 12:08:31 AM
quote:
How.... Comrade Snoota.... uughhhhhh:
Densetsu is second fiddle to Nwist AND Faz.

Sucks to be you.

Yes. My life is over.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 05-03-2003 12:23:10 AM
MorbId
Pancake
posted 05-03-2003 12:24:03 AM
Also Wolverine.
Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 05-03-2003 01:02:20 AM
You are Wolverine!

Name: Logan

POB: Canada

Mutant Power: A healing factor which rapidly heals most garden variety wounds and slows his ageing. Logan also has three claws protruding from each hand, these claws are part of his skeletal strucure and were coated with Adamantium during his abduction by the Weapon X Project. Wolverine also has enhanced senses of smell and hearing.

Breif Bio: Logan's past is twisted and detailed. He has been an operative for the CIA, a samurai in Japan and fought in many wars. Sometime before he joined the X-MEN he was abducted into the Weapon X Project, a secretive branch of the Canadian Government that experimented on mutants with the aim of producing super soldiers. They laced Logan's bones [including his claws] with an alloy known as Adamantium, the strongest metal known to man.

Since joining the X-MEN, Logan has ruffled the feathers of many of his teammates, most noteably Cyclops and Angel. Wolverine and Jean Grey [Cyclops' wife] have some kind of unspoken love thing going on, which causes further tension between Logan and Cyclops.

Wacky Plotline: Wolverine once had his adamantium ripped out by the villain Magneto, he barely survived and started reverting to a more beastial state. Then along came Genesis [that's Cable's evil son, not the band] who tried to give Wolverine back his metal so he could serve as a horseman to Genesis' master Apocalypse. Unfortunately, the process was interupted and instead of having his Adamantium returned Wolverine turned into a beastlike creature with no nose and shitloads of hair.

Wolverine slowly reverted back to his human form over a couple of months, after which Apocalypse kidnapped him, returned his adamantium, brainwashed him and sent him to fight the X-MEN as his horseman of death, of course with the help of his teammates he broke free of Apocalypse' brainwashing.

[ 05-03-2003: Message edited by: Redmage Darkrayver ]

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 05-03-2003 01:17:32 AM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

Mutant Power: Scott Summers is cursed with powerful Optic blasts of kinetic energy that fire every time he opens his eyes. He must wear a ruby quartz visor to control them.

Brief Bio: Longtime leader of the X-MEN, husband to Jean Grey, brother to Havok. Scott Summers is all these things. Cyclops is a natural leader, but lacks social skills. The first mutant to be trained by Professor X, Cyclops has had more than his share of trials and tribulations.

His life is one of the wackiest plotlines in X-MEN history, so i'll just move on.

Wacky Plot line: Cyclops dug Jean as soon as he saw her, but it took time for him to build up the courage to approach her, he eventually did and they became and item, but then on a return trip from the moon, the interstellar entity known as the Phoenix took Jean's place [unbenowst to her teammates] and put Jean in suspended animation under the sea. The Phoenix masqueraded as Jean for a while, but ended up committing suicide on the moon.

Then a clone of Jean [created by Sinister] turned up calling herself Madelyne Pryor, Scott fell for her and they had a baby [Nathan Christopher Summers, Cable]. Then the original Jean returned and Scott got back with her. This drove Madlyne Pryor insane, she developed godlike powers, tried to take over the world and was eventually killed by Jean [nasty!]. It gets better:

Scott's son was infected with a techno-organic virus, so they sent him into the future to be cured, which was, unfortunately a living hell thanks to Apocalypse. Scott's kid was adopted by the Askani sisterhood who brought Jean and Scott into the future to raise him [in some other people's bodies]. Nathan Summers grew up to become Cable and traveled back in time again to kill Apocalypse before he controlled the earth, meeting his dad who is actually much younger than him in this time.

Recently, during an extremely convoluted plotline, Cyclops ended up being merged with Apocalypse whilst thwarting his attempt to obtain godlike powers. Eventually, as they always do, Cyclops fought off Apocalypse' control and rejoined the X-MEN. Phew!

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 05-03-2003 01:24:25 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Schalaa Zeal wrote:
You are Storm!

Mutant Power: Storm has the ability to manipulate the weather, she can induce any sort of precipitation, sometimes indoors. She can also generate gale force winds anytime and hurl bolts of lightning.

Brief Bio: Ororo was orphaned at an early age when a plane crashed on her house killing her parents and trapping her under the rubble. This induced severe claustrophobia in her which she still suffers from today. Homeless and alone she cam under the tutelage of master thief Achmed el-Gibar.

When her mutant powers manifested she used them to create rains in drought stricken African farming areas, which led to her being worshipped as a goddess by the locals. When Professor Xavier brought her to America to join the X-MEN she was known for frequently getting naked and giving herself a 'shower'.

Wacky Plot line: At one point Storm was abducted by a Villain called 'the Nanny' and regressed to childhood. With no memories of her life beforehand, and little control over her powers, Storm became a pickpocket once more until she was rescued from the Shadow King by Gambit. The two became friends and Storm was eventually restored to her full adult state.

Addy
posted 05-03-2003 01:35:24 AM
You are Jean Grey!

Name: Jean Grey Summers

Mutant Power: Jean is a Telepath so she can read peoples minds, control their thoughts, create illusions and discharge mind-numbing mental bolts. She is also telekinetic, allowing her to levitate herself and other objects around her. She has used this power in the past to drop cars on bad guys.

Brief Bio: Jean was one of the original five X-MEN and is the lynchpin of the team, tempering massive power with warmth and compassion. She is married to Cyclops but sexual tension still exists between her and Wolverine.

Wacky Plot line: On a return trip from space, an interstellar entity known as the Phoenix substituted itself with Jean and placed her in suspended animation. Unbeknownst to the other X-MEN it lived with them for some time, until it committed suicide on the moon. Scott Summers [Cyclops] thought he had lost Jean forever and fell into a deep depression.

Then a clone of Jean turned up, which had been created by Sinister and was calling herself Madyline Pryor. Scott and the clone became an item and even had a son. When the real Jean returned from her suspended animation, Scott left Madyline which drove her insane. She developed godlike powers and tried to take over the world. It ended with Jean killing Madyline [in a nice hero kind of way though]. Jean then rejoined the X-MEN and ended up marrying Scott.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 05-03-2003 01:40:21 AM
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 05-03-2003 02:06:57 AM
Ice Man.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 05-03-2003 02:11:39 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Rurouni Densetsu:
You are Havok!

Zair
The Imp
posted 05-03-2003 02:15:41 AM
You are Chamber!

Name: Jonathon Starsmore

POB: England

Mutant Power: Chamber can project destructive bio-blasts from the area of his torso.

Brief Bio: When Jonathon Starsmore's mutation manifested, it blew a hole in his upper chest and destroyed the lower half of his face. Oh, and crippled his girlfriend. It has been theorized that Jonathon Starsmore's body is merely an unliving shell housing pure psionic energy. He has no need to eat, drink or breathe, and lacks major internal organs, such as a heart and lungs. Telepathic speech is his only means of communication, as his initial blast destroyed his mouth and voice box.

Wacky Plot line: Recently 'Jono' shacked up with the Britney-esque popstar 'Sugar Kane'. Despite warnings from his teammates and much animosity from Sugar Kane's manager, Jono stuck with her. Unfortunately it turned out she was only using him for publicity ['Popstar Dates Mutant' etc], and dumped him as soon as rumors of a pregnancy begun circulating, fearing it would be bad for her image.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 05-03-2003 02:16:10 AM
You are Emma Frost!

Name: Emma Grace Frost

Mutant Power: Emma is an extremely accomplished telepath. She is easily capable of influencing and sensing the thoughts of others and using as other abilities such as 'mental bolts' to stun or sedate targets. As a result of a secondary mutation, Emma can now morph into a diamond like substance, which makes her invulnerable and grants her super strength. She is impervious to mental attacks in this form, but can also not use her own telepathy.

Brief Bio: The daughter of an old money family from Boston, Emma was disinherited by her parents when they discovered she was a mutant at the age of 15. She worked her way up from the streets and used her mutant abilities [in a less than discriminating way] to become the leader of a large multinational corporation.

It was here that she came into contact with the Hellfire Club, a group of rich elitist mutants with plans to take over the world. Emma joined the club and became the White Queen. After clashing several times with the x-men Emma left the Hellfire Club and was recruited by Professor X to help run his second campus in boston, which became the home of the group Generation X. After Generation X disbanded, Emma became a full time member of the x-men after she was rescued from the island Genosha after it was devastated by sentinels.

Wacky Plot line: Emma was stuck in a coma for a time after an attack by the time traveling villain Fitzroy. Not content to lay around, she possessed Iceman, and stayed in his body until the Professor managed to coax her out.

[ 05-03-2003: Message edited by: Gikkwiny ]

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 05-03-2003 02:32:38 AM
I am the one true Beast.

All you others are just wannabes.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-03-2003 02:35:02 AM
Your mutant power is having big hands and feet.

Oooo. Booga booga booga.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 05-03-2003 02:52:17 AM

You are Rogue!

Name: Marie

Mutant Power: Rogue can absorb others' memories and abilities through physical contact. In battle with the original Ms. Marvel, Rogue assimilated the heroine's powers permanently -- acquiring invulnerability, super-strength and the ability to fly. The transfer that occurs when someone touches Rogue causes severe damage to the other person, and could possibly result in death.

Brief Bio: After putting her first boyfriend into a coma, Rogue ran away from home. She met Mystique who raised her and forced her to join her brotherhood of mutants. After ambushing Ms Marvel [a member of the Avengers] and holding on for a long amount of time, Rogue got her powers of flight, strength and invulnerability on a permanent basis.

On Mystique's orders, Rogue took on the Avengers and almost beat them. After realising the error of Mystique's ways, Rogue joined the X-MEN, much to Wolverine's disapproval, as he was a good friend of Carol Danvers, aka Ms Marvel.

Rogue had a brief fling with Magneto, before returning to the X-MEN and falling for Gambit.

Wacky Plot line: Due to the nature of her powers, the relationship with Gambit was always awkward. They did manage to get it on once though, when a villain incarcerated them beneath Antarctica and temporarily removed their powers. Unfortunately, Rogue soon learned about Gambit's involvement with the Moorlock massacre and dumped him shirtless in Antarctica!

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 05-03-2003 02:57:27 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Schalaa Zeal wrote:
You are Storm!

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-03-2003 03:20:19 AM

You are Cyclops!

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: