EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Marvel quiz
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-03-2003 03:22:11 AM
Tries to steals Bloodsage's girl
You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 05-03-2003 03:38:36 AM
quote:
Comrade Snoota thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Your mutant power is having big hands and feet.

Oooo. Booga booga booga.

and superhuman strength. and blue hairiness.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-03-2003 03:49:21 AM
The blue hairiness was you screwing up one of your experiments, bish!

Though while on the subject.. I've just recently became reaquainted with comic books. Whatever happened to the evil Beast trapping the real Beast behind that wall? I stopped reading them while he was still behind it.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 05-03-2003 03:55:15 AM
Clearly, he got out
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 05-03-2003 03:57:57 AM
I'd like to think I'm more like Quicksilver or some other wiseass.

Beast was a Shakespeare-reading pussy.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-03-2003 04:00:01 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Clearly, he got out

Not so clearly, since I did not know that!

Now gimme details.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 05-03-2003 11:12:18 AM
You are Marrow!

Name: Sarah

POB: New York Sewers

Mutant Power: Until recently, Marrow was subject to random uncontrolled bone growth throughout her body, and she was able to pull these bones out to use as weapons. These protruding bones are generally long and sharp. She is proficient at throwing these blades and using them in combat.

Brief Bio: Marrow grew up in the sewers below New York with a community of mutants known as the Morlocks. These mutants hid under the streets because of their hideous mutations and ugly appearances.

When the villain Sinister ordered the Morlock massacre, Marrow was just a little girl. She was saved by Gambit [who had, in fact, led Sinister's Marauders to the Morlocks]. She went with the remaining Morlocks in an attempt to find safety elsewhere. They were teleported to another dimension by the mutant Mikhail Rasputin [Colossus' brother]. There time passed more quickly and Marrow grew to hate humans.

She returned fully grown with a band of mutant terrorists called Gene Nation. They clashed with the X-MEN a few times but when Gene Nation disbanded, and after being hunted by Operation Zero tolerance Marrow joined the X-MEN. Marrow is now a member of the Weapon X project.

Wacky Plot line: In one clash in the sewers of New York, Marrow aimed to take a human life for each mutant that died during the Moorlock massacre. She hijacked a subway car and rigged a bomb to her heart, so every beat of it brought the bomb closer to detonation.

After a dramatic knife fight with Storm, Storm made one of the toughest decisions she has ever made, with the final seconds counting down, she ripped out Marrow's heart! Although thought dead, Marrow returned later and it was stated that she previously had two hearts [?].

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 05-03-2003 11:42:04 AM
I'm Wolverine .
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Lashanna
noob
posted 05-03-2003 02:04:37 PM
quote:
Gikkwiny stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
You are Emma Frost!

Name: Emma Grace Frost

POB: USA

Mutant Power: Emma is an extremely accomplished telepath. She is easily capable of influencing and sensing the thoughts of others and using as other abilities such as 'mental bolts' to stun or sedate targets. As a result of a secondary mutation, Emma can now morph into a diamond like substance, which makes her invulnerable and grants her super strength. She is impervious to mental attacks in this form, but can also not use her own telepathy.

Brief Bio: The daughter of an old money family from Boston, Emma was disinherited by her parents when they discovered she was a mutant at the age of 15. She worked her way up from the streets and used her mutant abilities [in a less than discriminating way] to become the leader of a large multinational corporation.

It was here that she came into contact with the Hellfire Club, a group of rich elitist mutants with plans to take over the world. Emma joined the club and became the White Queen. After clashing several times with the x-men Emma left the Hellfire Club and was recruited by Professor X to help run his second campus in boston, which became the home of the group Generation X. After Generation X disbanded, Emma became a full time member of the x-men after she was rescued from the island Genosha after it was devastated by sentinels.

Wacky Plot line: Emma was stuck in a coma for a time after an attack by the time traveling villain Fitzroy. Not content to lay around, she possessed Iceman, and stayed in his body until the Professor managed to coax her out.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 05-03-2003 02:10:13 PM
You are Psylocke:

Name: Betsy Braddock

POB: England

Mutant Power: Psylocke is a telepath, so she can read peoples minds, control their thoughts, create illusions and discharge mind-numbing mental bolts. She can also intensely focus her psionic powers into her 'psychic knife', with which she can stun or kill an adversary.

Psylocke is also a highly skilled martial artist.

Brief Bio: Originally just a telepath, Betsy first worked as a model until she was recruited by the British SAS [bet that happens often]. After joining the x-men, Betsy was forced by Lord Nyoirin, an Asian crimelord, to reassemble the mind of his assassin Kwannon. But due to some foul play she ended up in Kwannon's body with full use of her martial arts skills. Kwannon, ended up in Betsy's body, which eventually died after contracting the legacy virus.

Betsy fell in love with Angel but they soon broke it off after she started flirting with the new guy, Thunderbird. Betsy has also been known to flirt with Cyclops, much to Jean's chagrin. Not long after her and Thunderbird became an item though, she was stabbed through the chest and died.

Wacky Plot line: Betsy was once blinded by the villain Slaymaster, but had her vision restored by the interdimensional TV mogul Mojo. Unbeknownst to her, the cybernetic eyes were being used by Mojo to spy on the X-MEN!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 05-03-2003 02:25:05 PM
I'm Hawkeye

Name: Clint Barton

Powers/Abilities: Hawkeye has no super-human Powers but has trained himself to become an expert archer with near-perfect accuracy. He has also had extensive training as an aerialist and acrobat, and personal tutoring by Captain America in hand-to-hand combat. Hawkeye possesses very keen eyesight and exceptional reflexes.

Hawkeye uses a variety of trick arrows, some designed by Tony Stark [aka IronMan]. These include explosive, sonic, light etc etc.

Breif Bio: Hawkeye was working in a cricus when he was impressed by Ironman's actions. He made a gaudy costume and tried to fight crime, however, on one of his first outings, he was mistaken for a thief and a fight with Ironman ensued.

After everything was sorted out between them, Ironman sponsored him for Membership in the Avengers, in which he remained for many years.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 05-03-2003 02:30:05 PM
I find it funny that Lash's sigpic matches the character she got .
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-03-2003 02:44:57 PM
You are Jean Grey!

Name: Jean Grey Summers

Mutant Power: Jean is a Telepath so she can read peoples minds, control their thoughts, create illusions and discharge mind-numbing mental bolts. She is also telekinetic, allowing her to levitate herself and other objects around her. She has used this power in the past to drop cars on bad guys.

Brief Bio: Jean was one of the original five X-MEN and is the lynchpin of the team, tempering massive power with warmth and compassion. She is married to Cyclops but sexual tension still exists between her and Wolverine.

Wacky Plot line: On a return trip from space, an interstellar entity known as the Phoenix substituted itself with Jean and placed her in suspended animation. Unbeknownst to the other X-MEN it lived with them for some time, until it committed suicide on the moon. Scott Summers [Cyclops] thought he had lost Jean forever and fell into a deep depression.

Then a clone of Jean turned up, which had been created by Sinister and was calling herself Madyline Pryor. Scott and the clone became an item and even had a son. When the real Jean returned from her suspended animation, Scott left Madyline which drove her insane. She developed godlike powers and tried to take over the world. It ended with Jean killing Madyline [in a nice hero kind of way though]. Jean then rejoined the X-MEN and ended up marrying Scott.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 05-03-2003 02:57:00 PM
quote:
Redmage Darkrayver Model 2000 was programmed to say:
You are Wolverine!

Name: Logan

POB: Canada

Mutant Power: A healing factor which rapidly heals most garden variety wounds and slows his ageing. Logan also has three claws protruding from each hand, these claws are part of his skeletal strucure and were coated with Adamantium during his abduction by the Weapon X Project. Wolverine also has enhanced senses of smell and hearing.

Breif Bio: Logan's past is twisted and detailed. He has been an operative for the CIA, a samurai in Japan and fought in many wars. Sometime before he joined the X-MEN he was abducted into the Weapon X Project, a secretive branch of the Canadian Government that experimented on mutants with the aim of producing super soldiers. They laced Logan's bones [including his claws] with an alloy known as Adamantium, the strongest metal known to man.

Since joining the X-MEN, Logan has ruffled the feathers of many of his teammates, most noteably Cyclops and Angel. Wolverine and Jean Grey [Cyclops' wife] have some kind of unspoken love thing going on, which causes further tension between Logan and Cyclops.

Wacky Plotline: Wolverine once had his adamantium ripped out by the villain Magneto, he barely survived and started reverting to a more beastial state. Then along came Genesis [that's Cable's evil son, not the band] who tried to give Wolverine back his metal so he could serve as a horseman to Genesis' master Apocalypse. Unfortunately, the process was interupted and instead of having his Adamantium returned Wolverine turned into a beastlike creature with no nose and shitloads of hair.

Wolverine slowly reverted back to his human form over a couple of months, after which Apocalypse kidnapped him, returned his adamantium, brainwashed him and sent him to fight the X-MEN as his horseman of death, of course with the help of his teammates he broke free of Apocalypse' brainwashing.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Koosh Man
Pancake
posted 05-03-2003 03:22:42 PM

Name: Bobby Drake

Mutant Power: Iceman can transform himself into ice at will and freeze any moisture in the air around him -- thus generating slides, shields, weapons and other objects. He is immune to sub-zero temperatures.

Brief Bio: One of the original X-MEN, Iceman was always the joker of the team, being the youngest, his immaturity often got him into trouble.

Originally only able to sheath his body in ice, Bobby has increased control over his powers immensely. He now has complete control over the temperature in his vicinity and can do such things as using ice to make himself bigger. In the final battle with Bastion, Iceman distracted the villain with an ice duplicate of himself while he crept up behind and clobbered him!

Wacky Plot line: The Telepath known as the White Queen once hijacked Bobby's body while her own was incapacitated. She forced Bobby to explore his full potential and did not leave until the Professor coaxed her back to her own body.

Later, in the battle with the villain Post, Iceman's chest was shattered. Fearing what would happen if he changed back to his flesh form, Iceman was stuck as ice, until the White Queen convinced him to change back.

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 05-03-2003 03:33:58 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:

Name: Scott Summers

Mutant Power: Scott Summers is cursed with powerful Optic blasts of kinetic energy that fire every time he opens his eyes. He must wear a ruby quartz visor to control them.

Brief Bio: Longtime leader of the X-MEN, husband to Jean Grey, brother to Havok. Scott Summers is all these things. Cyclops is a natural leader, but lacks social skills. The first mutant to be trained by Professor X, Cyclops has had more than his share of trials and tribulations.

His life is one of the wackiest plotlines in X-MEN history, so i'll just move on.

Wacky Plot line: Cyclops dug Jean as soon as he saw her, but it took time for him to build up the courage to approach her, he eventually did and they became and item, but then on a return trip from the moon, the interstellar entity known as the Phoenix took Jean's place [unbenowst to her teammates] and put Jean in suspended animation under the sea. The Phoenix masqueraded as Jean for a while, but ended up committing suicide on the moon.

Then a clone of Jean [created by Sinister] turned up calling herself Madelyne Pryor, Scott fell for her and they had a baby [Nathan Christopher Summers, Cable]. Then the original Jean returned and Scott got back with her. This drove Madlyne Pryor insane, she developed godlike powers, tried to take over the world and was eventually killed by Jean [nasty!]. It gets better:

Scott's son was infected with a techno-organic virus, so they sent him into the future to be cured, which was, unfortunately a living hell thanks to Apocalypse. Scott's kid was adopted by the Askani sisterhood who brought Jean and Scott into the future to raise him [in some other people's bodies]. Nathan Summers grew up to become Cable and traveled back in time again to kill Apocalypse before he controlled the earth, meeting his dad who is actually much younger than him in this time.

Recently, during an extremely convoluted plotline, Cyclops ended up being merged with Apocalypse whilst thwarting his attempt to obtain godlike powers. Eventually, as they always do, Cyclops fought off Apocalypse' control and rejoined the X-MEN. Phew!

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Tristan
Vidi, vici, veni.
Nae's Stooge
posted 05-03-2003 07:37:20 PM
You are Iceman!
Veni, vidi, vici
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 05-04-2003 02:37:28 AM
Havok.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Mod
Pancake
posted 05-04-2003 09:16:52 AM
Gambit.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-04-2003 10:09:57 AM
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 05-04-2003 11:59:20 AM
Wolverine, what the hell? I want my five bucks back!
But sir, you got it for fr-
I WANT THEM BACK.
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 05-04-2003 08:08:53 PM
Cyclops.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: