EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: X2
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 05-02-2003 05:02:06 AM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that was one good movie I wanna sit here and talk about it, about all the fucking kickass scenes, but that'd easily take an hour for me to chat about and I'm already sleepy. So I'm going to try to avoid as many spoilers as I can, and still chat about the cool stuff.

One thing I am gonna say that won't spoil the story : There are no sentinels. Sorry. But even without them, HOT DAMN THE STORY RULES. It doesn't need mechanical men to 0wnz0r. It does this far too well by itself.

Colossus shows up, but not for long =/ The transformation is DAMN kickass, but he's not a major character, by any means.

Nightcrawler is cool. Anyone who bitches about 'WAAAAAAAAAH! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! HE'S NOT HAIRY ENOUGH! HE SHOULD BE THE FUZZY ELF!' should be anally raped by a schoolbus. He was AWESOME. He didn't go BAMF, per se, but he did completely own. His teleportation effect was incredible and he fit into the story perfectly.

Magneto wasn't the big villain, but he WAS a villain, and you could tell. The big villain to the story, the one who did it all, Stryker... he was evil. I loved it; the big bad guy was everything you'd want him to be, and more. Ruthless, cunning... you name it.

Mystique was just as prominent in this as in the first, and she's badass. Without spoiling much, I will say that watching her slide over the floor while the door closes behind her, and see her flipping off the armed guards chasing her as she slides past... that was just priceless

And the movie answers a question I'd been considering for a bit. What's a good way to kill a person who's got an indestructible adamantium skeleton with incredible healing powers? The movie manages to do it in the most badass way.

If you aren't sure if you want to see the movie, just imagine every good thing from the comic books, minus all the annoying things. More realistic costumes that still end up looking cool. Badass mutants with badass powers. Special effects to die for. A storyline that's three times as captivating as the first. More action, more mutants showing off their powers in the coolest damn ways... And an ending that practically BEGS for X3

Now, thing is... there's a single word I could say that would set off most of the comic fanbois on the forums... make some cream their pants, make a few wet themselves, and make the rest drool uncontrollably. Thing is... if I say it, most of the ending is spoiled.

Think I should?

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-02-2003 05:57:49 AM
I've been waiting a week to talk about this movie, but nobody around here had seen it yet.(I love living in Las Vegas! I saw it last Friday )

And the word Khyron is too much of a wuss to say...

Phoenix.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-02-2003 06:09:11 AM
[spoiler]Though I must say the best part of the movie was when Wolverine died and Apocalypse showed up and vanished with his body.[/spoiler[
You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 05-02-2003 07:29:33 AM
quote:
Comrade Snoota had this to say about Pirotess:
[spoiler]Though I must say the best part of the movie was when Wolverine died and Apocalypse showed up and vanished with his body.[/spoiler[

Umm Remind me to kill you in a most painful way.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 05-02-2003 07:38:54 AM
I refuse to see past Nightcrawler's flaws.
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-02-2003 07:40:44 AM
quote:
OtakuPenguin had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I refuse to see past Nightcrawler's flaws.

Weren't you the one who loved the Magna X-Men comics and you're whining about the "bastardization" of a character?

OtakuPenguin
posted 05-02-2003 07:42:38 AM
No, I liked the Manga version of Dr. Strange and the Avengers, I REALLY didn't like the Spider-Man or X-Men ones
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-02-2003 07:44:32 AM
Nightcrawler kicked ass in the movie. He would have just looked goofy being covered in fur. Just like they went with the old sk00l, hairless Beast.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-02-2003 07:46:40 AM
Oh, that's right. You loved the female, asian, ninja Punisher. And you have the balls to whine about them not putting fur on Nightcrawler.

Hypocrite.

OtakuPenguin
posted 05-02-2003 07:49:26 AM
What? She was only semi-cool. And besides Mangaverse wasn't taking itself to be a translation of a story, simply drawn differently and being loosely based.

This is an X-Men Movie. They could've at least got the timeline and characters right.

Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 05-02-2003 07:50:03 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when OtakuPenguin wrote:
What? She was only semi-cool. And besides Mangaverse wasn't taking itself to be a translation of a story, simply drawn differently and being loosely based.

This is an X-Men Movie. They could've at least got the timeline and characters right.

Yellow spandex and all.

OtakuPenguin
posted 05-02-2003 07:52:54 AM
I would've liked it.

And besides, they could've gone with Wolverines OLD costume, the Orange/Brown one, other people's aren't that bad. The females' costumes may be a bit revealing but oh well.

[ 05-02-2003: Message edited by: OtakuPenguin ]

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 05-02-2003 08:12:24 AM
*shoots Khyron and Snoota IN THE FACE*
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Chugga
Pancake
posted 05-02-2003 09:37:34 AM
Yeah, thanks for ruining the movie, assfaces.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-02-2003 09:38:55 AM
I'm gonna call their bluff and say they're lying out their asses to get a reaction
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 05-02-2003 09:40:07 AM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I'm gonna call their bluff and say they're lying out their asses to get a reaction

Especially Snoota with his broken spoilers.

nem-x
posted 05-02-2003 10:27:54 AM
My name is X-Men spelled backwards! AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHA
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 05-02-2003 11:01:01 AM
wow! i never knew that omg!
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-02-2003 01:11:56 PM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Pirotess:

Who's they?

My broken spoilers was a joke, but Khyron didn't spoil anything or post anything false.

The only spoiler is under my spoiler tag!

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-02-2003 02:29:59 PM
And I just hope if they follow through with that idea for the next film they don't fuck up one of the greatest X-Men stories ever.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 05-02-2003 02:42:41 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Doomie:
Yeah, thanks for ruining the movie, assfaces.

As someone so eloquently told me when I griped about Spiderman..

It's an X2 thread, you didn't have to read it.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 05-02-2003 02:46:19 PM
I tried to avoid spoilers, for the most part. If I wanted to spoil, I'd have told you guys about what I felt was the coolest part of the movie. Don't highlight if you don't want it spoiled. If you do highlight, don't bitch, your mouse did it, not mine.

The way Magneto escapes from prison by draining all of the iron from the security guard's blood... absolutely incredible It's probably the goriest part of the movie, but hell, it's definitely my favorite scene. "There's something different about you... too much iron in your blood." Followed by three balls of iron shooting out, destroying, smashing, freeing him... god that was just perfect

OtakuPenguin
posted 05-02-2003 06:16:18 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota was listening to Cher while typing:
And I just hope they don't fuck up the greatest X-Men

Too late!

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-02-2003 06:42:05 PM
Shut up already.

Seriously.

OtakuPenguin
posted 05-02-2003 06:42:38 PM
I know, I'm just being an asshole. Sorry folks =\
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 05-02-2003 07:05:43 PM
Is stryker cables evil clone?

if not then i have no idea who he is and ims tupid

......even thguh nw that i think of it, strife is cables clone, but im too lazy to delete stuff, so like, whos sttriker?,

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-02-2003 08:35:10 PM
A human bad-guy made up for the movie.
Taeolas
Pancake
posted 05-02-2003 09:35:09 PM
Just saw it myself and DAMN.... I'm still shaking my head. This movie was INCREDIBLE. Just... *shakes head*

And for what it's worth, Kurt was BAMF'ing... In fact, Kurt was perfect IMO... Great FX and Acting and just general treatment.

And all the cameos that were around... Man....

Man I'm still wowed. When does this come out on DVD? I wan to see what they cut out.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 05-02-2003 09:40:51 PM
Fuck, it's all sold out.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 05-02-2003 09:45:45 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Where's Waisz?:
Fuck, it's all sold out.

There's always Bulletproof Monk!

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 05-02-2003 10:08:35 PM
Hrm I have no money to watch this right now. Stupid movie had to come out when rent's due.
Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 05-02-2003 10:33:33 PM
Saw it.

Was a good movie.

Error
Pancake
posted 05-02-2003 11:11:27 PM
Just got back from it. Awesome movie.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-02-2003 11:17:40 PM
Sorry Del. I gotta rag you.

quote:
I'm sorry but these comic book/cartoon based movies are getting just a little old, imo.

*offers some crow*

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 05-02-2003 11:28:07 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota had this to say about Pirotess:
A human bad-guy made up for the movie.

Actually, I think they got him in part from some of the early X-Force comics. He was someone that had old ties with Cable, and the government sent him to bring Cable and his X-Force in.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Error
Pancake
posted 05-02-2003 11:40:36 PM
quote:
I'm sorry but these comic book/cartoon based movies are getting just a little old, imo.

Wasn't that my quote from my thread about 'The Punisher' ?

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-02-2003 11:41:06 PM
Pssst.. X-Men was also a comic book!
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-02-2003 11:43:25 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Delyl Caledor was all like:
Wasn't that my quote from my thread about 'The Punisher' ?

Yes, which is why I offered you crow when you said X2 was awesome

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Error
Pancake
posted 05-02-2003 11:46:17 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Duck Tales:
Yes, which is why I offered you crow when you said X2 was awesome

I feel retarted now. lol

Error
Pancake
posted 05-02-2003 11:49:46 PM
When I was watching the previews for all the other movies coming out, it pissed me off that Dumb and Dumberer used the ROTK music. I about had a heart attack, thinking there was a trailer for LOTR.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: