EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Rhiannah's trinket shop
Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 12:12:20 AM
A young girl with short green hair walks into town, a toad perched lazily on her head.

She looks around and after finding a suitable spot, pulls out a spellbook and looks it over before murmuring a soft incantation. In a puff of smoke a wooden stand appears on the ground with a tent-like canopy over it. The girl walks into the stall and comes out after a moment with a sign reading "Rhiannah's Magical Trinkets and Oddities".

Smiling to herself, she walks back into the stall and sits behind the counter, setting her toad on the side. After a moment, she looks down at her toad then pulls out a sheet of paper and places it next to him, reading, "Don't tease the toad."

Grinning a bit, she calls out, "Rhiannah's Magical Trinket Shop is open fer business!"

I'm an individual. Just like everyone else!

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 03-23-2003 12:19:07 AM
*wanders in to take a look, smiles and waves at the new owner, and ponders purchasing a trinket to add to her altar.*

I need a boline. It's a curved knife with a white handle?

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 03-23-2003 12:22:31 AM
The bard's entrance was announced with a bump and the compulsory, "Ow." Sparing a frown for the tentpole to which he had introduced himself, the bard continued on; awkwardness melted into childish glee as he spied the sign.

"Well! I'm glad to see someone else with an interest in the rare and unusual. I'm something of a collector, you know. Maybe you have something I've never seen before?" The challenge was punctuated with a coy smile.

[EDIT] Make a UBB check, and... oh, sorry, pal. You needed a 15 or higher to live.
*death*

[ 03-23-2003: Message edited by: Mr. Glass ]

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Ryuujin
posted 03-23-2003 12:23:43 AM
A leezard trots up to the canopy booth and begins to climb up to the counter. He stares at Glenwick for a second before turning to the merchant.

Hi! What ya got in for Stabbing Protection? +1

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 03-23-2003 12:27:53 AM

[ 03-23-2003: Message edited by: Azymyth ]

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 03-23-2003 12:31:00 AM

[ 03-23-2003: Message edited by: Azymyth ]

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 03-23-2003 12:32:12 AM
and old black wolf with glowing yellow eyes ambles pass the shop. She pauses, taking a sniff at the air, then lays down next to the young green haired girl.
Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 12:32:14 AM
quote:
Beaukat a.k.a Nibbles had this to say about dark elf butts:
*wanders in to take a look, smiles and waves at the new owner, and ponders purchasing a trinket to add to her altar.*

I need a boline. It's a curved knife with a white handle?

Rhiannah hrms softly before looking back into her tent. After a moment, she comes back with a jambiya, a knife with a curved blade with a sightly curved ivory handle, "Is this it?"

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 12:33:29 AM
quote:
Mr. Glass said this about your mom:
The bard's entrance was announced with a bump and the compulsory, "Ow." Sparing a frown for the tentpole to which he had introduced himself, the bard continued on; awkwardness melted into childish glee as he spied the sign.

"Well! I'm glad to see someone else with an interest in the rare and unusual. I'm something of a collector, you know. Maybe you have something I've never seen before?" The challenge was punctuated with a coy smile.

[EDIT] Make a UBB check, and... oh, sorry, pal. You needed a 15 or higher to live.
*death*

Rhiannah turns briefly towards Sentow and tilts her head, taking a moment to adjust her glasses before shaking her head, "No... I dun think so..."

She turns back to Beaukat, "Is this whatcha wanted?"

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 03-23-2003 12:36:31 AM
Yes it is!!!

*Doles out the coinage*

Thanks! Keep the change!

*wanders out of the store, and this thread*

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 03-23-2003 12:36:58 AM
If a face could be read, the bard's plainly said, "I didn't expect that to happen." He worked his mouth, rolling possible reactions about before settling on, "Well, tell me about your books. Anything on ancient history today?"

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 12:37:23 AM
quote:
Kahuna Ryuu had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
A leezard trots up to the canopy booth and begins to climb up to the counter. He stares at Glenwick for a second before turning to the merchant.

Hi! What ya got in for Stabbing Protection? +1

Rhiannah peers down at the little lizard curiously, taking the money from Beau and putting away and giving Glenwick a cautionary look before digging underneath the counter. After a moment, she pops back up with a little rubber rain coat that looks like it was made for a Barbie doll. "Will this do?"
[

[ 03-23-2003: Message edited by: Chibi Rhia ]

Ryuujin
posted 03-23-2003 12:39:11 AM
By this time Ryuu seems to be flicking pebbles at the toad sitting on the counter. He stops a moment and sits back on his rump, folding his arms all indignant like.

I, miss, am not into cross-dressing. Do you have anything else?

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 12:45:00 AM
Glenwick bares his teeth menacingly at Ryuu but stays put for the moment.

Rhiannah blinks slowly at the lizard, "It's gender neutral, ya silly thing..."

She turns to the bard and smiles before shaking her head, "Not today, sorry... just got my study books right now..."

She leans back to double check and then notices the wolf laying beside her. Smiling gently, she gives the wolf a friendly scritch behind the ear before looking back up at the bard and lizard.

[ 03-23-2003: Message edited by: Chibi Rhia ]

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 03-23-2003 12:47:56 AM
The wold purrs, smiling sweetly at the young girl.

Aahh thankie, miss. Harder then anythin' t' get that spot!

Ryuujin
posted 03-23-2003 12:49:15 AM
Ryuu considers the coat, taking it and trying it on.

Hmm, fits right nice.

He looks over at Glenwick

How much for the toad?

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 12:53:12 AM
Rhiannah blinks and nearly falls over when the wolf talks but manages to keep her balance in her chair. She peers down at it for a moment before turning to Ryuu. "My familiar ain't fer sale..."

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 03-23-2003 12:53:22 AM
The bard's sigh was overemphatic. Again he thought out his next question. "What about a coat that keeps you cool in the summer?"

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 12:58:34 AM
She quirks her a brow, looking confused, "A coat... ta keep..." After a moment she brightens, "I got just the thing!"

She goes into her tent and rummages around before coming out with a pale blue coat whose wrist bands and collar look as those they're made of frost, "This here's a 'Winter Jacket'. Will that do?"

Ryuujin
posted 03-23-2003 01:00:16 AM
quote:
Chibi Rhia stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Rhiannah blinks and nearly falls over when the wolf talks but manages to keep her balance in her chair. She peers down at it for a moment before turning to Ryuu. "My familiar ain't fer sale..."

Hmm alright. How much for the coat?

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 01:02:59 AM
Rhiannah looks down at Ryuujin for a moment, "Um... what ya got?" She asks as the realization that the little lizard doesn't really seem to have a spot for holding money comes to her.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 03-23-2003 01:08:30 AM
She chuckles lightly, standing to her feet, stretching out. The wolf pads over to the lizard, poking him in the back with her paw.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 03-23-2003 01:09:43 AM
quote:
Chibi Rhia attempted to be funny by writing:
She quirks her a brow, looking confused, "A coat... ta keep..." After a moment she brightens, "I got just the thing!"

She goes into her tent and rummages around before coming out with a pale blue coat whose wrist bands and collar look as those they're made of frost, "This here's a 'Winter Jacket'. Will that do?"

Perfect!
I'm all out of roleplay =\

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 01:12:10 AM
Rhiannah smiles and hands the bard the coat, before turning back to the lizard and waiting.

Ryuujin
posted 03-23-2003 01:15:43 AM
Ryuu hugs the paw that pokes him ^_^

Well, I have...

He turns around quickly, you soon hear a quick YELP! of pain before he turns back around

These magical and rare dragon scales!

He holds up some suspiciously green scales

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 01:18:17 AM
Rhiannah peers at the scales for a moment before looking over Ryuu's shoulder, coughing, "Um... why's yer ass bleedin'?"

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 03-23-2003 01:21:52 AM
The wolf winces as she sees the lizard rip the scales off his tail.

Oh.. that cannae be good fer ya...

Ryuujin
posted 03-23-2003 01:23:12 AM
Ryuu whispers to Trillee

<They'll grow back in a day>

He turns to Rhiannah

I..uh...um...Hemmorhoids!

Mightion Defensor
posted 03-23-2003 01:25:55 AM
Because it was the only weigh to get the scales!

trudges up to the tent holding a large crate which seems to have multicolored sparkles leaking out the seams

Where do you want these, Miss Rhia?

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 01:30:13 AM
Rhia cringes and bats at Ryuu, "Git off my table!"

She shakes her head and takes a moment to straighten herself out before looking up at Mightion, "Huh? Oh! Just set it inside the tent, please."

Taran
Dark Prince
posted 03-23-2003 01:32:07 AM
*peers around the tent briefly*

Got anything here you think I might like?

Ryuujin
posted 03-23-2003 01:32:26 AM
Ryuu climbs back up on the counter

That's no way to treat your customers! By the way, do you have any ointment?

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 03-23-2003 01:36:40 AM
She snickers at the comotion between the girl and the lizard. The wolf pads off a ways, exploring what she can, making sure she baps the dark elf that just arived with her tail before slipping through some tables.
Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 01:39:07 AM
She looks down at Ryuu again and shakes her head, "Ya want Aunty Mortay's cremes and oils the next stall over..."

She looks up at Taran and smiles, "Well, hiya!" She hrms for a moment, "Hm... Anythin' in perticular ya were interested in? I got a bunch of staves, rods and wands, and robes... and some minor globes of destruction..."

Ryuujin
posted 03-23-2003 01:42:45 AM
Ryuu nods at Rhiannah

Thanks for the coat! It'll really help with Terena and Densetsu, they're like married or something.

He turns to leave but notices Glenwick staring at him

What are you looking at Buttface!?

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 01:45:46 AM
quote:
Kahuna Ryuu had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Ryuu nods at Rhiannah

Thanks for the coat! It'll really help with Terena and Densetsu, they're like married or something.

He turns to leave but notices Glenwick staring at him

What are you looking at Buttface!?

**Glenwick flicks his tongue out, pushing Ryuu over the edge**

Sangwyyn
Pancake
posted 03-23-2003 01:50:02 AM
*An ebon-scaled Iksar makes his way slowly into the tent, a black satin cloak wrapped around his body, hood drawn up. He glances slowly from patron to patron, assessing those present, before turning his attention to the salesperson*

Hm. Have you any implements of pain? Mental...physical...spiritual...the sort of pain doesn't matter. I'm not picky.

I like a look of Agony,
Because I know it’s true—
Men do not sham Convulsion,
Nor simulate, a Throe—
~Emily Dickinson
Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-23-2003 01:54:25 AM
Rhiannah peeeeeeeeeers at the iksar for a long time, "..." before coughing softly, "Um... this ain't really um, that kinda shop, sir..."

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 03-23-2003 01:55:05 AM
Nicole walks purposefully in, her pack a bit heavier than usual, and sets it down beside the stand.

My god, Rhia, next time you have me do a supply run like that, pick things that are a little less heavy and out of the way, will you?

Nicole opens her pack and hefts out a series of paper-wrapped packages, some small, some large, some rather oddly-shaped and one vibrating one, and sets them in a pile beside the stand. She stretches her back and pulls out a bag of toffees, innocently pinging one off Glenwick's head

Payment in ADVANCE next time if you're going to have me doing ANYTHING that involves hydras, OK?

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Sangwyyn
Pancake
posted 03-23-2003 01:57:51 AM
*he smiles a slightly chilling, jagged smile, looking...bemused.*

It was worth a try.

*Then, as the 'shipment' arrives, he raises an eyeridge with interest*

Mm? And what have we here?

I like a look of Agony,
Because I know it’s true—