EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Well Fuck!
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 01-15-2003 01:52:24 PM
The Legacy of Ykesha will be the first download-only extension for EverQuest. This product will not be available in stores. This extension will include some great new gameplay features, as well as new zones for characters ranging from level 35 up to level 60.

Legacy of Ykesha Features include:

A new playable race: Frogloks
Enhanced Looking For Group Tool
New Cartography System
New Magic Item slot: Charms
Armor Dyes
Dozens of new creatures
Expanded bank capacity
New zones
New spells
For more information, please visit www.legacyofykesha.com

I HATE FROGLOKS! DIE DIE DIE!!!

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Cornelius Gould Stuyvesant
Pancake
posted 01-15-2003 01:55:33 PM
Wheeeee! I wonder if you can be a froglok paladin and camp the ghoulbane in upperguk!
Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas...with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether -Hunter S. Thompson
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-15-2003 01:57:12 PM
SQUEE!!

FROGGIES!!!

Hope this means rogues get a froggy illustion mask now!!!

(also hope they'll be *good* race)

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-15-2003 01:58:36 PM
So, how would the male and female frogloks differ in appearence? Will the females have lipstick and a little bow on their head? Or will they actually slap a pair of breasts on them?
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 01-15-2003 01:59:06 PM
There is already a lot of Debate on them being a good or evil race. I think they will be more Humanlike in that regards. You seem to have Good and Evil Frogloks throughout the land so it is easy to imagine them being both as a playable race.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-15-2003 01:59:27 PM
Oh god ...

Episode 57:
When giant rats breed.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Cornelius Gould Stuyvesant
Pancake
posted 01-15-2003 02:00:26 PM
Froglok raid on the Grobb!
Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas...with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether -Hunter S. Thompson
Skaw
posted 01-15-2003 02:05:17 PM
quote:
Azizza thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
There is already a lot of Debate on them being a good or evil race. I think they will be more Humanlike in that regards. You seem to have Good and Evil Frogloks throughout the land so it is easy to imagine them being both as a playable race.

Go to Guk much? Frogloks are good guys, They loathe Shadowknights and Necromancers.

Kunark Froggies are corrupt.

[ 01-15-2003: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 01-15-2003 02:07:19 PM
If Guk becomes a newbie city, watch out.....
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-15-2003 02:24:40 PM
quote:
Skaw impressed everyone with:
Go to Guk much? Frogloks are good guys, They loathe Shadowknights and Necromancers.

They hate all evil races.. =(

Which makes getting that wood elf illustion hat thing harder then HELL to get... Well for me anyways.

Also, now if you kill seb frogs, the upper guk ones will like you more

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 01-15-2003 02:31:24 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Skaw wrote:

Umm exactly Good and evil. Just not in the same city like Humans =)

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-15-2003 02:40:18 PM
If the frogloks can be monks I will come back to EQ.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 01-15-2003 02:53:41 PM
If you can start out in guk as a froglok, i will shit myself. That dungeon is up for an overhaul anyway.
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 01-15-2003 02:57:38 PM
You realize that if they made Guk a City it would mean a lot of the Mobs would be Guildmasters and Shopkeepers. Oh look it is the Shin Lord lets kill him..
*You swing at that innocent looking Froggy and miss*
"FROAK!"
*You have been hit for 509 points of Melee Damage*
*You have been hit for 496 points of Melee Damage*
*You have been hit for 512 points of Melee Damage*
*You have been hit for 485 points of Melee Damage*

**Loading please wait**

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-15-2003 03:06:37 PM
Ooooo, expanded bank capacity

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 01-15-2003 03:10:41 PM
quote:
How.... Lyinar Ka`Bael.... uughhhhhh:
Ooooo, expanded bank capacity

Yeah it looks like a lot of nice features.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-15-2003 03:32:39 PM
A new equipment slot.. charms?

Fuck, another 10391039510385135platinum to spend on a fucking upgrade.

Skaw
posted 01-15-2003 03:34:55 PM
quote:
Azizza wrote this stupid crap:
You realize that if they made Guk a City it would mean a lot of the Mobs would be Guildmasters and Shopkeepers. Oh look it is the Shin Lord lets kill him..
*You swing at that innocent looking Froggy and miss*
"FROAK!"
*You have been hit for 509 points of Melee Damage*
*You have been hit for 496 points of Melee Damage*
*You have been hit for 512 points of Melee Damage*
*You have been hit for 485 points of Melee Damage*

**Loading please wait**

Actually they could make a city-zone called "Northern Upper Guk" or something. Just remodel the zone so one of the deadends leads to the city.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-15-2003 03:36:12 PM
The Cartographer system sounds interesting, too. I wonder how they'll implement it.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 01-15-2003 03:37:15 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Lyinar Ka`Bael wrote:
The Cartographer system sounds interesting, too. I wonder how they'll implement it.

Hopefully better than UO did

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-15-2003 03:40:03 PM
STUPID QUESTION TIME!

Cartography?

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 01-15-2003 03:42:35 PM
Canadian Mountee
posted 01-15-2003 03:43:13 PM
quote:
Aanile had this to say about Cuba:
STUPID QUESTION TIME!

Cartography?

Maps

The World is Yours
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 01-15-2003 03:47:12 PM
Holy shit I take it back they are friggin insane..

*Swimming begins at a skill level of 125
*Ultravision
*Amphibious Breathing (ability to hold their breath under water for long periods of time)
*Higher Magic and Poison Resistance
*Able to wear small and medium sized armor

STR 70
STA 80
AGI 100
DEX 100
WIS 75
INT 75
CHA 50
+30 Bonus points to spend.

Cleric
Paladin
Shaman
Warrior
Wizard

And the new Models look pretty good as well. I retract my previous statement.

Canadian Mountee
posted 01-15-2003 03:50:31 PM
They're a good race, they all worship Mithaniel (sp?)
The World is Yours
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-15-2003 03:57:38 PM
quote:
Aanile said this about your mom:
STUPID QUESTION TIME!

Cartography?

Map making

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-15-2003 04:00:11 PM
Fuck. No SK. =(
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-15-2003 04:00:44 PM
quote:
Liam said this about your mom:
Maps

I knew I should have known that.. thus STUPID QUESTION!

I love maps =(

Thank you =D

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-15-2003 04:16:42 PM
i might come back and play a froglok for a little bit
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 01-15-2003 04:18:11 PM
quote:
Azizza stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Hopefully better than UO did

Hey, Cartography is fine in UO!

Unless you use the maps for something other than running a macro unattended to get gold.

hey
Talonus
Loner
posted 01-15-2003 04:32:04 PM
Ok, I expect to get flamed for this, but whatever. Does anyone else think that perhaps the expansion should be free OR available in stores?

Thinking about it, its pretty doubtful VI is going to have 56k users downloading a couple hundred megs. That's going to mean there's not going to be a whole lot to the expansion, at least not as much as prior expansions.

So it seems like this is nothing more than a larger patch that VI wants $20 for. If it was going to be downloadable and/or at least have the option to have a CD sent to you (like cdrom.com did or fileplanet does), I wouldn't comment. In this case though, it seems like VI just wants to gouge the customers for a patch.

Rabidbunnylover
Pancake
posted 01-15-2003 04:41:05 PM
Verant finds that publishers take their profits, tries to avoid them. News at 11.

Next they'll be licensing servers, so they don't have to pay for game bandwidth.

Merp
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 01-15-2003 05:28:21 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Rabidbunnylover'nix wrote:
Verant finds that publishers take their profits, tries to avoid them. News at 11.

Next they'll be licensing servers, so they don't have to pay for game bandwidth.

Doesn't Sony publish their own products?

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Skaw
posted 01-15-2003 05:44:01 PM
quote:
Talonus wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Ok, I expect to get flamed for this, but whatever. Does anyone else think that perhaps the expansion should be free OR available in stores?

Thinking about it, its pretty doubtful VI is going to have 56k users downloading a couple hundred megs. That's going to mean there's not going to be a whole lot to the expansion, at least not as much as prior expansions.

So it seems like this is nothing more than a larger patch that VI wants $20 for. If it was going to be downloadable and/or at least have the option to have a CD sent to you (like cdrom.com did or fileplanet does), I wouldn't comment. In this case though, it seems like VI just wants to gouge the customers for a patch.

I doubt its going to be a couple hundred megs. And its all downloadable from the patcher, so you can quit and resume whenever you feel.

Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 01-15-2003 05:46:20 PM
quote:
Talonus's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
<lots of stuff>

quote:
5) How does this download-only thing work?

This extension will only be available as a product download. There will be no box to buy in the stores, so all of the data needs to be downloaded from our servers. You will be able to incrementally download the files for the extension before the release date. We will make these files available for download during the EverQuest login procedure. Downloading the files gradually prior to the launch of the extension will minimize the size of your patch on launch day.

If you purchase the extension after launch day, you will need to download all of the extension files (we estimate it will be about 120 megabytes). Purchasing the extension after launch will cause your account to be flagged and you will be able to download The Legacy of Ykesha extension files immediately.

6) I have a dialup connection; any hints on patching?

If you do not have a broadband connection, your downloads will be slow. What you might do is try to manage the process by patching the new files while you work or sleep. To do that, in the patcher Advanced Options, keep the Legacy of Ykesha box unchecked (so that you aren't checking for and patching any available extension files before every play session). When you are done for the evening (or perhaps in the morning), open the patcher, check the Legacy of Ykesha box, and then rerun the patcher. That way, you don't have to sit idly at your machine and wait for it to patch for hours.

Please be advised that we expect the final patch (on the live date) to exceed 50 megabytes and, depending on your connection speed, may take you several hours to download.

[ 01-15-2003: Message edited by: Kegwen. ]

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 01-15-2003 06:01:01 PM
You know how every time they release a new expansion it takes forever to get on that day? well i think we'll have to clear a fucking month for this flaming pile of corporate novelty shit.

[ 01-15-2003: Message edited by: Blindy McBlinderson ]

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 01-15-2003 06:30:02 PM
quote:
Talonus stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

Actually, I find this an extremely good idea. I hate walking down to the store to buy shit.

If you don't have the download capability to do that...well, you wouldn't complain about not being able to run Quake 3 if you had a 486 either, would you? Things change, and upgrades are needed to play the newest things. This goes for connections as it does for hardware.

hey
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-15-2003 06:34:42 PM
I think this is going to end up as very bad PR.

Sure, people will put up with downloading it when it's released.

But what about when you have to re-install EQ? Not only do you have to spend time re-instlaling every other expansion, but you also have to spend time DOWNLOADING this one AGAIN.

Not having the option to get a CD is going to bite them in the ass.

The least they could do is create an installation file you can download seperately, and then you can burn it onto a CD or keep it backed up on your harddrive yourself.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Talonus
Loner
posted 01-15-2003 06:58:26 PM
quote:
»Giantt« had this to say about John Romero:
If you don't have the download capability to do that...well, you wouldn't complain about not being able to run Quake 3 if you had a 486 either, would you? Things change, and upgrades are needed to play the newest things. This goes for connections as it does for hardware.

There's a difference though. You decide whether you want to play Q3 on a 485 or on the newest computer, simply because its *your* choice of whether or not you want to spend the money to upgrade.

The difference lies in the fact that many users can't upgrade their 56k line to dsl, cable, etc simply because its not possible unless they move. High speed connections aren't available in many areas. There's a difference between hardware upgrades and connection upgrades.

120+ megs to download on a 56k connection is a lot. Even if you can get it beforehand, its still going to be incredibly slow come release. That's why I feel VI should offer a CD option if people, even if it cost a few bucks more.

On a side note, I've been running on cable for years. This wouldn't hurt me, even if I still played EQ actively. I can't actually cancel my account, its not possible, so I just pop in from time to time to see what's up. I just feel bad for those poor 56k, or worse for those on lower connections, who will have to spend a significant amount of time just to install something they paid for as an expansion pack.

Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 01-15-2003 07:08:51 PM
Mmmm Froglok wizzies. I don't care what everyone here thinks, I'm pre-ordering the expansion. Now the only thing is what to name that froggy wizzy.
Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: