EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: GCN, X-Box or PS2?
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-21-2002 12:30:28 AM
Which one of these three systems should I ask for Chirstmas? Be sure to include reasons why and list at least two games worth buying.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Skaw
posted 10-21-2002 12:31:29 AM
It's all about preference.

Want RPGs? PS2.
Want Sports? X-Box.
Want Multiplayer Fun? GameCube.

Steven Steve
posted 10-21-2002 12:32:04 AM
Hrahhnnn, I would probably say PS 2, even though there are a few good titles for Xbox, including Halo (of course), Dead or Alive 3, Ninja Gaiden 4 (up coming), and some other shit that I am not aware of since I haven't even shopped for Xbox games yet
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Oh shi...
what
posted 10-21-2002 12:32:18 AM
This will not end well.

PS-2

CBTao
Pancake
posted 10-21-2002 12:32:33 AM
Playstation2: plays all old ps1 games, better, plays DVDs (unlike GC)

FFX, and MGS2

Maradon!
posted 10-21-2002 12:32:50 AM
Gamecube

rofl

Oh shi...
what
posted 10-21-2002 12:32:54 AM
Sports are on All systems.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 10-21-2002 12:32:55 AM
quote:
Skaw was naked while typing this:

Want RPGs? PS2.
Want Sports? X-Box.
Want Multiplayer Fun? GameCube.

I'm going to have to agree with this.

Steven Steve
posted 10-21-2002 12:34:20 AM
Yes, actually Skaw is quite right
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Oh shi...
what
posted 10-21-2002 12:35:22 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Skaw said:

Want RPGs? PS2.
Want Multiplayer Fun? GameCube
Want Sports? Any system at all.
Want BMXXX? Xbox

Fixed something for you

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-21-2002 12:35:29 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by CBTao:
Playstation2: plays all old ps1 games

Sweet Jesus, I can't believe I forgot that part.

PS2 wins.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Skaw
posted 10-21-2002 12:38:49 AM
quote:
•Delidgamond• spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Fixed something for you

You do know it's coming out on all 3, right?

Besides, the models for that look puke-tastic.

Oh, and its "BMX XXX" you Canadian freak.

[ 10-21-2002: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 10-21-2002 12:41:00 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Cuba:
Sweet Jesus, I can't believe I forgot that part.

PS2 wins.

Yes... but Skaw's assessment was quite correct.

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 10-21-2002 12:42:16 AM
GTA:VC

This thread is now over.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 10-21-2002 12:42:49 AM
I'm currently enjoying Grandia Xtreme to a great degree, and my copy of Suikoden III comes in on Wednessday...

I vote PS2!

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Skaw
posted 10-21-2002 12:43:31 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Rodent King stammered:
GTA:VC

This thread is now over.

I could easily say "Metroid Prime. This thread is now over." But I'm not going to force the truth on anyone

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-21-2002 12:45:32 AM
I also like RPGs, so that's another big plus for the PS2.
Akiraiu Zenko
posted 10-21-2002 12:46:35 AM
Did I mention Grandia Xtreme is really fun?
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-21-2002 12:47:44 AM
I'm leary of any game with "Xtreme" in it's title.
Maradon!
posted 10-21-2002 12:47:51 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Skaw!
I could easily say "Metroid Prime. This thread is now over." But I'm not going to force the truth on anyone

Metroid prime will suck.

This is my honest, objective opinion

Skaw
posted 10-21-2002 12:49:46 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I also like RPGs, so that's another big plus for the PS2.

Yeah. I'm probably gonna grab a PS2 soon, as the lack of RPGs really make games incredibly short. StarFox Adventures - 4 days. Robotech: Battlecry - 6 days. Though the GCs getting some shortly. PSO v1+2 soon, which I'll probably try out. Skies of Arcadia, which I liked the small amount of time I played it on Dreamcast.

Akiraiu Zenko
posted 10-21-2002 12:51:08 AM
quote:
So quoth JooJooFlop:
I'm leary of any game with "Xtreme" in it's title.

Me, too. But take it from one with experience in the game: Grandia Xtreme is much fun!

I like all 8 of the available characters, good graphics, I like the combat and magic systems, and there's a dungeon you can go into that's random every time!

Skaw
posted 10-21-2002 12:52:55 AM
quote:
Maradon XP's account was hax0red to write:
Metroid prime will suck.

This is my honest, objective opinion

I'll tell ya about in in less than a month

Grendel
Pancake
posted 10-21-2002 01:00:23 AM
Gamecube

Metroid Prime
Resident Evil
SSB:M

Error
Pancake
posted 10-21-2002 01:03:46 AM
Just a side note, the dvd player on the PS2 only works with *some* dvd's. I've had a lot of expieriences with 2 PS2's not playing DVD's.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-21-2002 01:04:48 AM
I believe that Nintendo is launching a game a day sometime in early november until the day before christmas. In fact, EB's "Vendor of the month" (Basically, the company that gives them the most free games/stuff that month) is Xbox for October, and 'Cube for November.

And really, the only reason I see to buy a PS2 is for all the square support it's had over the ages. I.E. I can buy 90% of all square titles I haven't currently got, or played for under 150 bucks (Stuff like FF9, 10, chronicles, Chrono cross, etc, etc.) if I'm lucky and watch the returns bin.

As for a fresh system, right this VERY SECOND.. I'd go with PS2 simply because of the huge library. There has to be something out there worth getting, or that you'll like.

Skaw
posted 10-21-2002 01:05:48 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Grendel wrote:
Gamecube

Metroid Prime
Resident Evil, 2, 3 remakes. 0 exclusive.
SSB:M

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 10-21-2002 01:08:06 AM
NGC. Use your head, GCN is retarded.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-21-2002 01:10:55 AM
quote:
Densetsu painfully thought these words up:
NGC. Use your head, GCN is retarded.

GCN is what Nintendo uses.

Damned japanese.

Of course, I've been watching Outlaw star, unedited, on DVD, subtitled with Japanese. They seem angry at everything they say, and mix up words a lot. Like a sentance will start with a name you've heard them say before in the subtitles, but they'll say it very very very last in the actual dialouge.

Freaky.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 10-21-2002 01:13:06 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
GCN is what Nintendo uses.

I know. I still say it's retarded. It's the ONLY system they've NOT had Nintendo be in the beginning of the acronym.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Skaw
posted 10-21-2002 01:14:14 AM
quote:
Densetsu said this about your mom:
I know. I still say it's retarded. It's the ONLY system they've NOT had Nintendo be in the beginning of the acronym.

SNES

Delphi Aegis
posted 10-21-2002 01:27:56 AM
I'd just like to take this moment to say that I FINALLY BEAT THAT SHITTY CAT SCAN MISSION! Now I go to get my ass anally raped in Trial by fire.

Bai bai.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 10-21-2002 01:37:52 AM
quote:
Skaw thought about the meaning of life:
SNES

It was PREceeded by a PREfix, not by the system's name.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 10-21-2002 01:41:44 AM
I'll cast my vote for PS2, with NGC as runner-up for when you have the money.

The PS2 is fantastic. The playstation controller is quite simply the best. The PS2 controller doesn't change because it doesn't need to The games out for it are TONS of fun, and quite varied, from platformers, to action, to RPG's, et cetera.

GC has a lot of good games, not as many as PS2, can't play PS1 games, and can't play DVD's, which is why I give it a runner-up position.

X-Box is simply crap, IMO. I have yet to find one thing about the system that I like.

Delphi Aegis
posted 10-21-2002 01:46:09 AM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about pies:
X-Box is simply crap, IMO. I have yet to find one thing about the system that I like.

Indeed.

Quite easy to convince someone to buy one, however, when you tell them you dont need a memory card to save. (Leaving out all that other crappy stuff like longass load times, horrible controllers, even though they went in the right direction with the Controller-S, and almost no good fighting ish games like Tekken 4, which is a huge seller in and of itself. )

Lashanna
noob
posted 10-21-2002 02:12:36 AM
quote:
Error was naked while typing this:
Just a side note, the dvd player on the PS2 only works with *some* dvd's. I've had a lot of expieriences with 2 PS2's not playing DVD's.

I've never heard of this, and I've played a lot of DVDs, including home made ones, anime, and mainstream Hollywood DVDs on my PS2...

My PS2 is in my room, as opposed to the DVD player in the main room, so I prefer to curl up in bed and watch DVDs on my PS2.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Lashanna
noob
posted 10-21-2002 02:17:43 AM
I don't own many PS2 games, but MGS2, GTA3, FFX, DW3, have made the system worth it to me so far. And that whole "FFXI and GTA:VC" thing is pretty sweet, too.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 10-21-2002 02:21:42 AM
I agree with Lash on both counts. The DVD player works fine, and I love my system..

and the only game I own for it is Kingdom Hearts!

edit: I have borrowed FFX and MGS2, though.

[ 10-21-2002: Message edited by: Kegwen 2.0 ]

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 10-21-2002 02:53:48 AM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about pies:
I've never heard of this, and I've played a lot of DVDs, including home made ones, anime, and mainstream Hollywood DVDs on my PS2...

My PS2 is in my room, as opposed to the DVD player in the main room, so I prefer to curl up in bed and watch DVDs on my PS2.

Ditto

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-21-2002 03:38:12 AM
quote:
Error attempted to be funny by writing:

Since I have a DVD player in my room already I can care less.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: