EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Tribes 2 Tag = Warcraft 3 Tag!
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 07-17-2002 11:52:35 PM
Maradon!
posted 07-18-2002 12:04:39 AM
But what about people who still play Tribes 2?
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 07-18-2002 12:05:41 AM
quote:
Maradön² had this to say about Duck Tales:
But what about people who still play Tribes 2?

All obsolete units go to the scrap pile.

Oh shi...
what
posted 07-18-2002 12:05:57 AM
GET WITH THE PROGRAM THEN AND GO BUY WC3!
G.S. Waisztarroz
Pancake
posted 07-18-2002 12:06:14 AM
quote:
King Parcelan had this to say about Optimus Prime:
All obsolete units go to the scrap pile.

Mattimeo
Was once a member
posted 07-18-2002 12:19:02 AM
Tribes 2 is an all around better game.
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 07-18-2002 12:21:17 AM
Let's not go into this again.

Counterstrike has been proven to be better :P

Maradon!
posted 07-18-2002 12:22:33 AM
quote:
Taeldian spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Let's not go into this again.

Counterstrike has been proven to be better :P

CS? ROFL!

*dodges falling lego blocks!*

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 07-18-2002 12:23:18 AM
quote:
Mattimeo's account was hax0red to write:

Well, wouldja lookit that. First off, the statement is false to those of us who enjoy RTSes. Second, you didn't post any sort of reasoning or proof to support your claim. Your words aren't fact, law, and absolute and perfect. Third, there's nothing saying it's a harmless opinion. See above.

Minus 5 points.

Vorago
posted 07-18-2002 12:23:46 AM
quote:
Mattimeo said this about your mom:

Sorry, FPS and RTS games cannot be compared, please try again later

But yeah, the War3 threads greatly outnumber the Tribes 2 ones

As in there aren't any Tribes 2 threads

Mattimeo
Was once a member
posted 07-18-2002 12:28:00 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Vorago said this:
Sorry, FPS and RTS games cannot be compared, please try again later

But yeah, the War3 threads greatly outnumber the Tribes 2 ones

As in there aren't any Tribes 2 threads

They sure can be compared. Watch closely now. One is very balanced and joyfully entertains for hours, even online. one is drastically broken and only entertains about as long as single player and your first online game. I'll let you guess which is which.

Oh shi...
what
posted 07-18-2002 12:30:01 AM
T2 has single player?
Mattimeo
Was once a member
posted 07-18-2002 12:37:51 AM
quote:
•Delidgamond• was naked while typing this:
T2 has single player?

Kinda. That training thing.

Vorago
posted 07-18-2002 12:39:10 AM
quote:
Mattimeo was naked while typing this:
They sure can be compared. Watch closely now. One is very balanced and joyfully entertains for hours, even online. one is drastically broken and only entertains about as long as single player and your first online game. I'll let you guess which is which.

If Tribes 2 is that bad, why are you defending it?

Seems a bit crazy to me, saying how good a game is, and then mentioning just how broken it is

You are just wacky

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 07-18-2002 12:40:55 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Vorago said:
If Tribes 2 is that bad, why are you defending it?

Seems a bit crazy to me, saying how good a game is, and then mentioning just how broken it is

You are just wacky

Ouch!

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Mattimeo
Was once a member
posted 07-18-2002 12:42:06 AM
quote:
Vorago was naked while typing this:

You are just wacky

You're just a bad guesser.

Willias
Pancake
posted 07-18-2002 12:45:11 AM
quote:
•Delidgamond• wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
GET WITH THE PROGRAM THEN AND GO BUY WC3!

Yes.

Vorago
posted 07-18-2002 12:45:20 AM
Oh, I'm sorry, I should have been able to guess it by the huge barrage of facts supporting your statement that you hurled at me

Stop it now, they are rapidly burying me!

Akiraiu Zenko
posted 07-18-2002 12:46:33 AM
I haven't played it myself, but most people I've talked to who have, played WC3 for 10+ hours when they first got it.

Kinda kills your argument, Matt.

Mattimeo
Was once a member
posted 07-18-2002 12:46:49 AM
I was unaware I used facts. Just opinion really.
Mattimeo
Was once a member
posted 07-18-2002 12:47:22 AM
quote:
Zephyer had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I haven't played it myself, but most people I've talked to who have, played WC3 for 10+ hours when they first got it.

Kinda kills your argument, Matt.

Single player sure is long ^_^

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 07-18-2002 12:49:14 AM
As long as we have a WC3 thread here...

Something I've always wondered is what the numerical armour value does for you. I understand how different armour types alter how much damage a unit takes from different damage types, but, I'm still confuzzled on the other issue.

Does it give a flat damage reduction (like, if you had level 2 armour, it reduces incoming damage by 2)?

[EDIT] TYPOS OVERWHELMING.

[ 07-18-2002: Message edited by: Sentow ]

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Akiraiu Zenko
posted 07-18-2002 12:50:15 AM
quote:
Mattimeo's fortune cookie read:
Single player sure is long ^_^

The one I'm referring to specifically spent that whole time in multiplayer. Kinda sucked, I wanted to talk to him.

Vorago
posted 07-18-2002 12:51:04 AM
quote:
Mattimeo wrote this stupid crap:
I was unaware I used facts. Just opinion really.

Wow, that was the loudest hammer hitting a nail I've ever heard!

I'm sure we are all delusional or something, War3 is obvious as fun as dental surgery, and we just think we are enjoying it

Mattimeo
Was once a member
posted 07-18-2002 12:57:54 AM
quote:
Vorago stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Wow, that was the loudest hammer hitting a nail I've ever heard!

I'm sure we are all delusional or something, War3 is obvious as fun as dental surgery, and we just think we are enjoying it

quote:
They sure can be compared. Watch closely now. One is very balanced and joyfully entertains for hours, even online. one is drastically broken and only entertains about as long as single player and THE first online game. I'll let you guess which is which.

There we go, that fixes it. shouldn't have put your in origionally.

Vorago
posted 07-18-2002 01:15:01 AM
I find this thread amusing

"OHO war3 sux!"

"Why?"

"War3 Sux!"

Now, if you are trying to turn this into a Tribes 2 VS Warcraft 3 thread... such a hilarious idea, seing as how they aren't even remotely alike, go right ahead

I still stick by my original post

Warcraft 3 Tag!

But I'm sure you will retort with re-quoting a vague opinion once again, so lets get this back on topic

Deli, make one

Akiraiu Zenko
posted 07-18-2002 01:18:39 AM
Now, I've never played either, so I won't comment on quality, but...

WC3 deserves a tag more than T2, because...

PEOPLE POST ABOUT IT.

Vorago
posted 07-18-2002 01:22:54 AM
I don't mind Tribes 2, it is fun

But I wouldn't compare them, nor say which one is better

It's like why I don't compare Tetris to Doom

It just doesn't make any logical sense!

I also find it amusing since most everyone that plays War3 in here would use Matti's exact description of Tribes 2, for Warcraft 3

Oh shi...
what
posted 07-18-2002 01:31:19 AM
Vorago
posted 07-18-2002 01:43:31 AM
Mattimeo
Was once a member
posted 07-18-2002 01:45:24 AM
quote:
Vorago's account was hax0red to write:
I find this thread amusing

"OHO war3 sux!"

"Why?"

"War3 Sux!"

Now, if you are trying to turn this into a Tribes 2 VS Warcraft 3 thread... such a hilarious idea, seing as how they aren't even remotely alike, go right ahead

I still stick by my original post

Warcraft 3 Tag!

But I'm sure you will retort with re-quoting a vague opinion once again, so lets get this back on topic

Deli, make one

It's broken. As a game, it stands up in single player as a beacon of what games should be. In multiplayer the instant online assheads get to it, it becomes a lesson in monotony "Rush, defend rush, Huntresses, huntresses, get a random disconnect, rush, defend rush, get called a n00b, call someone a n00b" ad nausium.

At least in tribes 2 it takes some degree of skill to win, not mouse speed, or ability to cheese out your attacks. Sure you get assheads, but the any amount of skill can easilly shut their yaps. and of course, you don't have 100,000 people using the same tactic because they know it gets them easy wins.

I can continue, but frankly, WCIII beyond single player doesn't really warrant the effort.

[ 07-18-2002: Message edited by: Mattimeo ]

Oh shi...
what
posted 07-18-2002 01:47:38 AM
quote:
Mattimeo attempted to be funny by writing:
It's broken. As a game, it stands up in single player as a beakon of what games should be. In multiplayer the instant online assheads get to it, it becomes a lesson in monotony "Rush, defend rush, Huntresses, huntresses, get a random disconnect, rush, defend rush, get called a n00b, call someone a n00b" ad nausium.

At least in tribes 2 it takes some degree of skill to win, not mouse speed, or ability to cheese out your attacks. Sure you get assheads, but the any amount of skill can easilly shit their yaps. and of course, you don't have 100,000 people using the same tactic because they know it gets them easy wins.

I can continue, but frankly, WCIII beyond single player doesn't really warrant the effort.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Mattimeo
Was once a member
posted 07-18-2002 01:49:45 AM
quote:
This one time, at •Delidgamond• camp:
What the fuck are you talking about?

WCIII on battle.net and Tribes 2 online.

I was fairly sure I made that clear.

Oh shi...
what
posted 07-18-2002 01:51:21 AM
So you got rushed the first game and decided it sucked.

OOooooooooook.

Hey, I hate Tribes 2 because I went over the hill and someone sniped me. The game obviously sucks ass

DS
Perma-Newbie
posted 07-18-2002 01:52:56 AM
Thats why in warcraft 3 we use strategy and psychology. The game is only unbalanced if you don't know how to play you're race, my dear boyo!
Mattimeo
Was once a member
posted 07-18-2002 01:58:58 AM
quote:
•Delidgamond• enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
So you got rushed the first game and decided it sucked.

OOooooooooook.

Hey, I hate Tribes 2 because I went over the hill and someone sniped me. The game obviously sucks ass

This would apply if it happened guaranteed every single time I walked over the hill. I've played quite a few games, and I have yet to play one on Battle.net that did not start with a rush, not a single one.

and I'm sorry but I don't see strategy in "lets build as fast as possible and attack gogogogo" I must be missing something if that constitutes as strategy.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 07-18-2002 02:00:36 AM
quote:
Mattimeo thought about the meaning of life:
It's broken. As a game, it stands up in single player as a beacon of what games should be. In multiplayer the instant online assheads get to it, it becomes a lesson in monotony "Rush, defend rush, Huntresses, huntresses, get a random disconnect, rush, defend rush, get called a n00b, call someone a n00b" ad nausium.

At least in tribes 2 it takes some degree of skill to win, not mouse speed, or ability to cheese out your attacks. Sure you get assheads, but the any amount of skill can easilly shut their yaps. and of course, you don't have 100,000 people using the same tactic because they know it gets them easy wins.

Umm..Did you just compare FPS and RTS and call the RTS mindless? Did you just say FPS is better than RTS because the FPS isn't just about a fast mouse?

Are you sure you didn't type that backwards? Don't get me wrong, I love FPS games, but all an FPS is is a fast mouse. It's mindless beyond that. Ability to cheese out your attacks? Like a big gun? Skill means everything in an RTS, not a fast mouse. RTS is all about working out the perfect strategy to defeat your opponents while an FPS is nothing but muscle memory and you call RTS mindless?

I'm so glad you posted that because you just proved that RTS is better than FPS.

[ 07-18-2002: Message edited by: Taeldian ]

Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 07-18-2002 02:04:27 AM
I'm with Vorago on this one.

And I havent even played online. (Which reminds me, Vorago. Teach me, damnit. Single player is fucking boring.)

Either way, T2 is a reactionary game with minimal strategy involved (Compared to Warcraft), whereas Warcraft is EXACTLY the opposite.

Now shut up before you make a fool of yourself, Matti..
Oops, too late.

Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
Akiraiu Zenko
posted 07-18-2002 02:08:28 AM
Matti, I like you and all, but you've already put your foot in your mouth, and you're swallowing more leg with every post...
Mattimeo
Was once a member
posted 07-18-2002 02:09:12 AM
quote:
Taeldian had this to say about John Romero:
Umm..Did you just compare FPS and RTS and call the RTS mindless? Did you just say FPS is better than RTS because the FPS isn't just about a fast mouse?

Are you sure you didn't type that backwards? Don't get me wrong, I love FPS games, but all an FPS is is a fast mouse. It's mindless beyond that. Ability to cheese out your attacks? Like a big gun? Skill means everything in an RTS, not a fast mouse. RTS is all about working out the perfect strategy to defeat your opponents while an FPS is nothing but muscle memory and you call RTS mindless?

I'm so glad you posted that because you just proved that RTS is better than FPS.

Not all FPS', Tribes 2 being a big one, is not won on speed alone. This is about tribes 2, not others. Quake (any version) is just as monotonous as WarcraftIII (which you generalized under 'RTS'). I would like to see a fast mouse capture the flag in Katabatic when you didn't bother to take out the landspikes or spider clamps.

What does WarcraftIII have? how fast you can get those heros out before your oponent gets there.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: