EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The strangest thing you've ever seen?
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 04-18-2002 01:48:50 AM
I mean real things. Not 'ghosts' or 'visions'. Real, solid things that were just.. odd.

Someone who grew up in the same neighborhood I did(we didn't know each other) came into McDonald's today. We started talking while his food was getting ready, and the subject came to 'the fire'. Everyone who lived in Southern Chicago in 199..2?(I think) knows 'the fire'.

The town I lived in, Riverdale, was called that because it was built on the banks of the Old Calumet River. At about the middle of this river was an old, old, old, old old old factory that had been pumping chemicals into the water for decades. One night the river caught fire a little ways up from the factory. It was the damndest thing I've ever seen. The river was just.. flaming.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 04-18-2002 01:54:34 AM
Oddest? Hrm...
I saw at least 50-100 kids line up at 9:00 on a saturday morning (Talkin preteen here, prime saturday morning cartoon mind melting years), most coming from so far away, they had to be up at like, 4 am, all to play a card game..
Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-18-2002 08:14:19 AM
Hmm, I dunno

I think it's funny looking how it rains down one half of a street, but not the other half.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-18-2002 08:27:42 AM
Cows mating. We had cows for a long time. If you ever see cows mating you'll never think of football players waiting to hike the ball in the same way again. Two gigantic mammals, one behind the other sort of looming, waiting.

Warps your brain.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 04-18-2002 08:59:33 AM
I'd say it was when I was walking to school back in.. I want to say it was 1993.

Anyways, I'd just gotten to the parking lot, and there was this little Mazda just flipping the fuck out and just driving around completely out of control. It was jumping up on curves, doing donuts, all sorts of shit. It finally hit a tree and tipped over onto it's side.

I never did see who was driving that car.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Addy
posted 04-18-2002 09:00:54 AM
Scariest thing? Hmmmm. On the way to school, I drove by a truck which erupted into flames. Kind of scary IMO.
Mightion Defensor
posted 04-18-2002 09:25:34 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael wrote:
Cows mating. We had cows for a long time. If you ever see cows mating you'll never think of football players waiting to hike the ball in the same way again. Two gigantic mammals, one behind the other sort of looming, waiting.

Warps your brain.

I would think so. Usually a cow and a bull mate.

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 04-18-2002 09:44:07 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael said this:

Warps your brain.

Blue 42! Blue 42! Hut! Hut!

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
ZaÂ’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 04-18-2002 09:50:24 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Comrade_Snoota:
I mean real things. Not 'ghosts' or 'visions'. Real, solid things that were just.. odd.

Someone who grew up in the same neighborhood I did(we didn't know each other) came into McDonald's today. We started talking while his food was getting ready, and the subject came to 'the fire'. Everyone who lived in Southern Chicago in 199..2?(I think) knows 'the fire'.

The town I lived in, Riverdale, was called that because it was built on the banks of the Old Calumet River. At about the middle of this river was an old, old, old, old old old factory that had been pumping chemicals into the water for decades. One night the river caught fire a little ways up from the factory. It was the damndest thing I've ever seen. The river was just.. flaming.

did the river get its I.P. banned for all that flaming ?

"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-18-2002 09:50:56 AM
I once saw two people run into the dining hall, both scream "I AM THE QUEEN OF FRANCE!" and run out with a large garbage can, which they then threw into the back of a truck and drove off with.

Yes.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-18-2002 09:51:31 AM
quote:
Anklebitur D'gnome attempted to be funny by writing:

Wow, you beat Mightion to it! Not bad.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

CBTao
Pancake
posted 04-18-2002 10:22:39 AM
strangest thing I've ver seen: this pale white bald guy kissing himself, my mind is still fucked up from it...
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 04-18-2002 10:32:09 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Robocop:
If you ever see cows mating you'll never think of football players waiting to hike the ball in the same way again.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Kermitov
Pancake
posted 04-18-2002 10:43:12 AM
Speaking of children. I was reading my paper in the dining commons one morning and I was doing it that way where you hold it up so it blocks your view. I was relaxing and enjoying it. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a couple of short people walking by, they were maybe 10 years old.... it's kind of rare that you see 10 year olds on a college campus but eh, I figured maybe they were here with someone else.

I finish the article I'm reading and decide to head back to my dorm room. I lower the paper to get up to leave.

There, right in front of me, is about a hundred 10 year olds standing in front of my table, STARING AT ME. WATCHING ME READ THE PAPER. I looked a lot like this --->

Steven Steve
posted 04-18-2002 11:07:47 AM
Well, it's not exactly "weird" in the sense that you're using it, but I've handled a dead pig fetus about 6 times before.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Steven Steve
posted 04-18-2002 11:23:31 AM
Or maybe it's gelatin made out of pidgeons and mushrooms, I don't know.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Doomjudge
Pancake
posted 04-18-2002 01:01:23 PM
quote:
From the book of Anklebitur D'gnome, chapter 3, verse 16:

No, it was banned 3 weeks later for flooding.

Steven Steve
posted 04-18-2002 01:16:05 PM
haha

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-18-2002 01:22:42 PM
Just outside of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, is a vast, open-air pavilion. It's constructed to look like a huge tent, though it's made of steel, fiberglass, and concrete and the ceiling is three or four stories high. There are no walls.

It is air conditioned.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

vertue
Pancake
posted 04-18-2002 01:24:11 PM
The looks of fellow students as me and a fried carried our large weapons across campus (at a Christian School) He had a large, 15 pound onesided Spear (the blade was about a foot and a half long and it was about 6 foot total) and I had my longsword, which is about 3 and a half feet long. I would have worn my wooden sheild too, but I broke it.

We were probably the strangest thing that they had ever seen.

Archers Roxxors!

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 04-18-2002 01:46:23 PM
A couple years back a gas main exploded in Edison, NJ. 36 inch pipe ruptured and blew, levelling an entire apartment complex.

That in itself is not the strange part. The strange part is at midnight, at work, 20 or so miles away, I look over one of the buildings in the direction of the fire (not knowing what it was) and saw that the sky pulsating orange and the air is just.. hissing.

Nobody at work knew what it was. bout 50 guys on a loading dock with a collective WTFY look on their faces.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 04-18-2002 01:52:33 PM
While jumping on a trampoline last year, I stopped and laid down and looked at the stars for a bit. Then I noticed the sky was blood red instead of blackish blue. It was creepy.
Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 04-18-2002 02:09:19 PM
Waiszrtarroz getting run over by a tank and looking way to happy.....wait I made him do that, never mind...
Peter
Pancake
posted 04-18-2002 02:10:42 PM
A dirt slide. Think or a mudslide or and avalanche, except Instead of snow or mud, put dirt, rocks and boulders there. Freaky as hell to watch because it flows likes water.
Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 04-18-2002 02:13:53 PM
I saw a very odd thing.. On sand, no less.

There's this beach in like, some northeastern part of the US that when you walk on the sand, or shuffle your feet, it whistles. Not like a person whistling, just like.. Er.. Well, hard to explain. Also, there's booming sand.
Yes. Booming sand. Generally happens on uberhuge dunes when there's a mini-sandslide.. the sand forms into sheets and makes vibrations.. Kinda like a mix of a Bullroara, and a Digerydoo (I spelled those horribly, but Pved would prolly know what I'm talking about). Very very strange to see a guy slide down a sand dune making this low grumbling noise...

Delphi
I walk in the Light
I fear no Evil
Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 04-18-2002 02:14:04 PM
Probably this

[ 04-18-2002: Message edited by: NecroPriest ]

I don't discriminate...I hate everyone.
Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 04-18-2002 02:15:23 PM
quote:
NecroPriest had this to say about Tron:
Probably this

OMG U LINKED TO A FILE U SHOULD BE FLAMED!?%&

And its Geoshitties, too. Icky!

Delphi
I walk in the Light
I fear no Evil
Mr. Duck
Likes to ____!
posted 04-18-2002 02:15:40 PM
quote:
NecroPriest had this to say about John Romero:
Probably this

DO NOT POST THAT AGAIN

[ 04-18-2002: Message edited by: Mr. Duck ]

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 04-18-2002 02:20:42 PM
he asked for the strangest thing.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-18-2002 02:24:55 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis probably says this to all the girls:
OMG U LINKED TO A FILE U SHOULD BE FLAMED!?%&

And its Geoshitties, too. Icky!

I didn't flame anyone for linking to a file--I simply asked, politely, for a description.

Whereupon I was beset by clueless flamers.

So neener.

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 04-18-2002 02:26:15 PM
I think he was about ready to flame me blood
Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 04-18-2002 02:28:06 PM
quote:
NecroPriest stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Probably this

AGHHHHHHHH! WHERE DO YOU FIND SHIT LIKE THAT? NO, DON'T TELL ME!!! OMG!!
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 04-18-2002 02:30:29 PM
ive seen pidgions doing it

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 04-18-2002 02:30:34 PM
Delphi, you've whined and complained about being assaulted more times than I can count. Trying to taunt Bloodsage is NOT a good idea for someone like you.

And you should probably post a "not work safe" disclaimer, Necro.

As for the strangest thing I ever saw...well...I once saw a two-headed snake. It was freaky.

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 04-18-2002 02:42:22 PM
Strangest thing I ever saw:

I was listening to my 5th grade teacher, and fiddling with my pen. Once he finished talking, I looked down at my textbook.

Unconsciously, I drew a stickman karnajing on an aligator wearing an apron and weilding dual AK47s.

MorbId
Pancake
posted 04-18-2002 02:46:58 PM
I was in Canada on a trip. The family was driving somewhere or other, when we notice that the truck in front of us has something large and odd-looking on the back. It kind of jiggled whenever the truck hit a bump.

It was a very dead, very bloated whale corpse. And the truck was simply driving down the road with a ton or so of dead whale strapped down in back.

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 04-18-2002 02:53:26 PM
a good friend of mine skate boarding down the street with his pants around his ankles and no underwear/boxers.

Still recovering...

Sanaelya
Pancake
posted 04-18-2002 03:22:17 PM
eww..

sadly enough i learned about that in anatomy

mosquito carried parasites that migrate to lymph nodes and block lymph flow

usually only happens to people that sleep outside in those countries

Sanaelya
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-18-2002 04:01:37 PM
quote:
Bloodsage was naked while typing this:
I didn't flame anyone for linking to a file--I simply asked, politely, for a description.

Whereupon I was beset by clueless flamers.

So neener.

Go to hell.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-18-2002 04:12:13 PM
If the shoe fits, try not to get it tangled in your garters.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: