EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Who do you respect the most?
Darius!
Pancake
posted 01-05-2002 02:02:32 PM
Spin-off from the best looking 'crester thread I guess. Which 'crester do you have the most respect for?

Mine would be Kanid.

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 01-05-2002 02:04:11 PM
Drys. Hands down.

(_|_)

Suddar Williams
SUDAR WILAMS
posted 01-05-2002 02:05:24 PM
Leopold.
nem-x
posted 01-05-2002 02:05:28 PM
I respect any woman

boy what a suckup I am lol

Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 01-05-2002 02:10:01 PM
quote:
Ruvyen Warblade had this to say about Tron:
Drys. Hands down.

(_|_)

What's that sucking sound?

Anyway, I respect anyone who doesn't whine and bitch, and has a sense of humor. We need more of that.

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 01-05-2002 02:13:50 PM
Well, since self-respect is the cornerstone for a happy, fulfilled existence . . . .

Gotta respect Drysart willingness to shell out $$ to keep this menagerie running, and to put up with the inhabitants.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 01-05-2002 02:13:57 PM
Bajah... hands down.

It helps that he is my best friend in RL also though

Teehee

*dances around like a moron dontchanno*

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Timpofee ]

Ryuujin
posted 01-05-2002 02:14:35 PM
I respect those who give me respect.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 01-05-2002 02:14:37 PM
hmm...Leopold, suddar, Bloodsage. they seem pretty level headed and intelligent to me..
Jalal d'Varr
Still a gnome!
posted 01-05-2002 02:15:51 PM
Parcelan or Za`Yth. I'm leaning towards the latter. Yes you, you damn swede
Josef
Smooth Operator
posted 01-05-2002 02:18:00 PM
Woody. Possibly the most admirable and dignified gentleman I've had the fortune of meeting on the net.

Kilauea, because I know what kind of shit she has to endure for the sake of her loved ones, and she does it without thinking twice.

Peachis, for uncountable reasons, but I don't know if she can qualify with me for the same reasons McDonalds employees aren't allowed to play the McDonalds Monopoly Instant Match-And-Win games.

ZaÂ’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 01-05-2002 02:31:54 PM
Bloodsage and Deth

its a tie between them

"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-05-2002 02:42:04 PM
oooo tough one.

I mean obviously I respect Lyinar the most. I assume that, like Peachis for Josef, or Synjari for Kanid, Lyinar is out of bounds for me. Suffice it to say I respect Lyinar for reasons that many of you don't have the slightest notions about.

Aside from her...let's see...I respect Bloodsage, even if we don't agree on everything. His intelligence and eloquence are soothing in ways hard to explain.

By the same token, Kanid is wise, and for that reason is also comforting to be around. I respect Kanid.

And of course I respect the one girl anyone in their right mind would be proud to call a daughter, Kloie. I know a bit about Kloie, possibly more than most (it's funny how many people confide in me), and I know that she is in many ways as remarkable as Lyinar.

I respect Arrenn. For all the ribbing we give Arrenn, he's intelligent, sensitive, and in his own way very caring. He's also, pound for pound, amazingly emotionally strong-willed. I have great respect for the dwarf.

Of course I respect most people here. Arttemis, Mortious, Synjari, Suddar, Batutisz, Archangel...the list is too long to give everyone their proper regards. Suffice it to say I respect most of you.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-05-2002 02:45:23 PM
I get no respect. I'm just USED.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 01-05-2002 02:46:17 PM
2 more to add: Ja'Deth and Laz.
Deth is a really cool guy. the kind of guy that people can trust without knowing why. plus his hair is cool
and Laz is really cool. she is like..the only person I know who acts happy pretty much every time I see her (hey, not that it is a BAD thing..) AND she does it without being annoying!

Then of course, Sol. gee golly what can I say?
EDIT: have to add LeMiere. He is really and interesting guy, is my opinion.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Arrenn Lightblade ]

Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 01-05-2002 02:50:36 PM
I respect most of the people here.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-05-2002 02:51:02 PM
No offense intended to anyone, but...i don't like these types of threads.

Sure, its nice to make the people we respect feel good and all, but when someone isnt "named" in a thread like this it makes em feel like they screwed up somehow, or have pissed someone off, if ya know what im sayin.

*shrug*

Walks away from the thread

Suddar Williams
SUDAR WILAMS
posted 01-05-2002 02:52:52 PM
I RESPECT KLOIE TOO!!1
Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 01-05-2002 02:52:58 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
And of course I respect the one girl anyone in their right mind would be proud to call a daughter, Kloie. I know a bit about Kloie, possibly more than most (it's funny how many people confide in me), and I know that she is in many ways as remarkable as Lyinar.

I can't heeellllpp itttttt... I don't have very many people to talk to IRL so I grab like 1 or 2 people online and attach myself to them, basically... X_x

I respect Deth alot. Ly, too. Drys. Synny. Leopold. Heh, Suddar... Mightion. Bloodsage. Arrenn. MadPsycho. There are very many people on this board that I respect and admire...

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 01-05-2002 02:53:08 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Duck Tales:
If nobody respects me, there is gonna be an ass whoopin!

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Arrenn Lightblade ]

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 01-05-2002 02:53:35 PM
Deth, Ly, and Drys.

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 01-05-2002 02:54:37 PM
Okay I do not respect Suddar because he is a goober. !
Josef
Smooth Operator
posted 01-05-2002 02:56:11 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about (_|_):

Sure, its nice to make the people we respect feel good and all, but when someone isnt "named" in a thread like this it makes em feel like they screwed up somehow, or have pissed someone off, if ya know what im sayin.

*shrug*

Bah, I know for a -fact- I won't be listed anywhere in this thread, but don't particularly care. And if I do wind up listed here anywhere, it's because somebody had their head filled with lies. If I wanted to see other people typing my name, I'd get somebody to start a 'Who's the biggest EC asshole' thread, and then just wait for the hits to roll in.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Josef ]

Suddar Williams
SUDAR WILAMS
posted 01-05-2002 02:56:41 PM
quote:
Kloie had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Okay I do not respect Suddar because he is a goober. !

Liar liar pants on fire.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-05-2002 02:58:10 PM
quote:
Arrenn Lightblade stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:

BZZZZZT

Wrong *grin*

And yeah josef, i could care less if im listed either. *shrug* Just was stating opinions on these types of threads.

ZaÂ’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 01-05-2002 03:01:22 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Duck Tales:

*shrug*

when some one cares about my opinion, then im gonna be confused again

and to break the trendyness of naming prominant goobers

i have respect for bane because he is cool

then the lurkers because they are smart enough to not get mixed up in some of this crap

then my pet hamster because he made me SEE tha light! and tha light is EC ! i have SEEN the light! and i have been HEALED!

oh and that banana i ate three years, 2 months and 32 seconds ago because it was tasty, yum.

im suprized no one else hase respect for the raisen band, they worked so hard to play the music... they even grew arms but they dont get any respect

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Anklebitur D'gnome ]

"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Peach
Good intentions? Or *bad* intentions?
posted 01-05-2002 03:03:07 PM
The thread might as well have been titled "Who are your friends here?” for the way most people are responding to it.

No harm in that I suppose.

Though for me, respect is a very valued thing.. Which I would likely reserve for people I am friends with in real life in addition to knowing them as their names here on the boards.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 01-05-2002 03:03:49 PM
Drys: He pays big bucks to watch us talk, and bitch him out for it. He needs more recognition.

Peachis: She's pretty level headed, at least to me, and is willing to discuss pretty much anything, and is amazingly playful, and I just LIKE her.

Woody: Well, what can I say. I think he's spiff, way to hard on himself, but I have LOADS of respect for him.

Bajah: I see Mr. Tentacle man as a lost type of guy. Chivalrous, polite, and willing to kick poeple's ass if they go over the line. He's great to tlak to, and real spiffy.

Pved: Always polite, willing to kick jackasses butts for me, and other poeple, and he somehow just bolsters people's confidence. He doesn't take any shit, and is still fun.

Josef: Cause he is like a wall. I know this sounds wierd, but you don't notice it's there, til you need it to lean on. And it is there, sand isn't gonna fall down. Also, he's amazingly fun and makes me laugh.

Deth: He doesnt hold back what he thinks, and he lets other people know in the most elequent way I have seen. Also seems all level headed.

Sol, Aanile, Pesco, Katrinity, Blindy, Kolak, Falalala, Kila, Kenn, Suchii, OP, KaL, Kloie, and synny: Why these people? They make me happy. They do things I am totally not expecting, and I just want to hug them all at once, because they are ALL real sweeties. They don't talk shit, try and play both sides, or anythin. They are just great people.

Now, all of you I didn't mention: I love all you guys. with a very few exceptions, who I will NOT name, cause that would be just amazingly rude. However, you guys are the ones who make me laugh every day, make me thankful I found this place. You all rock. *hughughug*

Ok, I'm done being sappy now.

EDIT: Oh, no, I forgot Kloie. How can I forget Kloie? I'm sorry, hun. *hugs*

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Gikkwiny ]

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 01-05-2002 03:05:17 PM
nope. I am not friends with bloodsage, named him. friends usually earn my respect. me and suddar aren't friends...Lemiere and I talk from time to time..so NYAH!
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-05-2002 03:07:44 PM
Besides Drys...

Maradon.

Note: Respect != friendship, just incase some of my closer friends from EC were offended..

I could list my friends, but that doesn't seem to be the point of this thread.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Kegwen Tabibito ]

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-05-2002 03:08:37 PM
double post

Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 01-05-2002 03:09:17 PM
I don't really consider myself 'friends' with Bloodsage or Drys. :P I barely get to talk to Arrenn. I don't get to talk to Synny much anymore, either.
Peach
Good intentions? Or *bad* intentions?
posted 01-05-2002 03:09:56 PM
I said Most.. not all :P
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 01-05-2002 03:10:17 PM
quote:
Josef had this to say about Robocop:
Bah, I know for a -fact- I won't be listed anywhere in this thread, but don't particularly care. And if I do wind up listed here anywhere, it's because somebody had their head filled with lies. If I wanted to see other people typing my name, I'd get somebody to start a 'Who's the biggest EC asshole' thread, and then just wait for the hits to roll in.

Ok, look. yer agreat guy, and yer ANOTHER one who's way to hard on yerself. I respect ya for a bunch of different reasons, one being you can spare time to talk to me, you WAY nice, and yer funy. and you are smart enough not to get mixed up on the EC shit unless you honestly have something to say. Don't say my head is filled with lies, cause it's not.

Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 01-05-2002 03:10:23 PM
quote:
Gikkwiny thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
EDIT: Oh, no, I forgot Kloie. How can I forget Kloie? I'm sorry, hun. *hugs*

Kloie CRIES.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-05-2002 03:12:35 PM
quote:
Anklebitur D'gnome had this to say about Robocop:
when some one cares about my opinion, then im gonna be confused again

and to break the trendyness of naming prominant goobers

i have respect for bane because he is cool

then the lurkers because they are smart enough to not get mixed up in some of this crap

then my pet hamster because he made me SEE tha light! and tha light is EC ! i have SEEN the light! and i have been HEALED!

oh and that banana i ate three years, 2 months and 32 seconds ago because it was tasty, yum.

im suprized no one else hase respect for the raisen band, they worked so hard to play the music... they even grew arms but they dont get any respect

i respect your hamster. because he is a pimp.

Suddar Williams
SUDAR WILAMS
posted 01-05-2002 03:14:03 PM
I respect people who aren't my friends, just not as much.

I do believe the title of the thread was "Who do you respect the most?", and I happen to respect my friends the most.

That isn't to say I just respect my friends (gah, I forgot to mention Solstyce. Sorry, Sols )...I have a good amount for Bloodsage, even if we don't always agree. I respect Ja'Deth a great deal, even though we aren't really 'friends' (we DO talk, and I do trust him), I respect Arrenn and Mad Psycho, but we don't really talk either. And the list DOES go on. I couldn't hope to list everybody I respect so I listed the (three now) that I respect the most here (and generally elsewhere too).

That good enough?

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Suddar Williams ]

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-05-2002 03:14:43 PM
quote:
Peachis had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I said Most.. not all :P

teehee.

quote:
Suddar Williams had this to say about Robocop:
I respect people who aren't my friends, just not as much..

Good show. I respect my best friend. The rest of my friends suck at life. The problem is, my best friend isn't an ECer, so I can't mention him. Teehee x2.

quote:
Josef had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

I feel the same way.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-05-2002 03:14:51 PM
The most: Drys. Lord knows if I was maintaining this board fully half of you wouldn't be here. What patience he has!

Other contenders: Bloodsage and Ja`Deth. They keep reminding me that smarts = good, and that's something to aspire to. Even when you're a greasy sh*thead teenager like me.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Karnaj ]

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Suddar Williams
SUDAR WILAMS
posted 01-05-2002 03:17:19 PM
quote:
Kegwen Tabibito stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I respect my best friend. The rest of my friends suck at life. The problem is, my best friend isn't an ECer, so I can't mention him. Teehee x2.

Gah, that was a typo. I respect my friends the MOST. Fixed it now.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: