EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Okay, I wanna get level 51+ now...
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-01-2002 02:04:10 PM
http://www.geocities.com/caeanthepaladin2000/Lay_Hands_Crit.JPG

Might have to copy and paste it into your address bar...

What your''re seeing is a paladin casting a critical heal when using LoH.

Found in on the Paladins Of Norrath General forum.

Maradon!
posted 01-01-2002 02:09:20 PM
Now all you need is someone who actually has that many HP, heh.
Mr. Duck
Likes to ____!
posted 01-01-2002 02:13:15 PM
must..not..return..to..EQ

i miss my EQ paladin

Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 01-01-2002 02:44:31 PM
quote:
Maradön? thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Now all you need is someone who actually has that many HP, heh.

Most of our warriors have 5-7K

Ferrel!
Maradon!
posted 01-01-2002 02:47:27 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Ferrel was all like:
Most of our warriors have 5-7K

I didn't say it was impossible, just rather uncommon.

Hybrids (or at least rangers, though I'm sure pallies and SK's aren't immune) usually end up in the enigmatic "Misc. Classes" groups on raids, which may or may not have warriors in them.

Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 01-01-2002 03:22:23 PM
Our paladins and shadow knights have 4.5K-5K ^_^

I know what you meant though ^_~

Generally in all that the paladin wouldnt LH a warrior unless he was the main tank and was about to kick off.

But! You could still think of it as a CH in a normal situation. 5K is still nice. Much better then the normal 1K. That, however, is critical heals, not the paladin upgrade.

Ferrel!
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-01-2002 03:31:04 PM
quote:
Ferrel had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Our paladins and shadow knights have 4.5K-5K ^_^

I know what you meant though ^_~

Generally in all that the paladin wouldnt LH a warrior unless he was the main tank and was about to kick off.

But! You could still think of it as a CH in a normal situation. 5K is still nice. Much better then the normal 1K. That, however, is critical heals, not the paladin upgrade.

For the record, my non-uber 46 pally self can do at least 1404 points with a LoH... I usually hit at 1 bubble of health - giving myself time to make sure I actually have myself targetted...

Mod
Pancake
posted 01-01-2002 05:45:56 PM
Alternate Xp before getting to 60 is a waste. Actual level means so much in terms of resisting spells/AEs, having one's own resisted and/or hitting the mob that 3 points of regen, jboot speed and some critical hits can't really make up for it. And that's not counting the spells/discs you get with rising in levels. That reminds me, I really need to find a GOOD group tomorrow to get the missing 1.5 blue to 59.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 01-01-2002 08:15:42 PM
I do at least 1900 with my LoH. *cough*

Its been upgraded at least once by my knowledge. However, the fact that I have 2100 or so HP when self buffed says that I could probably heal someone for a lot more...

Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-01-2002 08:33:42 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Modrakien!
Alternate Xp before getting to 60 is a waste.--Snip--

Normally true, but it might be worth it if you are trying to stay in the range for Naggy and Vox.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 01-02-2002 12:26:04 AM
*hears a d**k flapping in the breeze* *sighs*
"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 01-02-2002 12:32:33 AM
Synny : We keep TELLING Mort to put his crotchplate back on, but does he listen to us? noooooooooo~oooooooooo.
Skaw
posted 01-02-2002 12:36:04 AM
55+ Mightion, don't jump the gun, bud.
Critical heals/nukes are Archetypal abilities.

Although you can get the points for it, you can only spend accordingly to VI's set up.

Straight 51+ You can work the Everybody-Abilities(General).
At 55, you can finally put points into your class-type(Caster, Priest, Hybrid, Melee) after spending 6 ability points in General.
At 59, you reached the happiness of having spent 18+ previous points(6 General, 12 Archetypal) and are finally allowed your class abilities to be unlocked.

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 01-02-2002 12:42:26 AM
Delphi, why is it anytime Mightion posts about what his character is up to, you INSIST on posting something along the lines of "well, MY pally can do <insert ridiculous comment here>."??

Do you honestly think we CARE what your pally can do??

Or are you that insecure in your manhood, with an ego so underdeveloped (and a wang that requires the Hubble Space Telescope and a pound bag of ground peper to see) that you think the only way you can impress people is with you comments??

Frankly, the only thing about you that I am surprised about is that Drysart hasn't introduced you t the ban-stick.

Here, I'll give you something for your very own... Something that I know Mightion will NEVER have (nor would he want)...

Die plz, k thx bye!!

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Skaw
posted 01-02-2002 12:45:22 AM

More humor.

The Last Strider
I will die alone
posted 01-02-2002 12:50:28 AM
quote:
AbbigailSD had this to say about John Romero:
Or are you that insecure in your manhood, with an ego so underdeveloped (and a wang that requires the Hubble Space Telescope and a pound bag of ground peper to see) that you think the only way you can impress people is with you comments??
OOH! Score!
"We have listened to you speak since the dawn of time, and we have learned to imatoot you exarktly."-The Simpsons

Necromancer: How DARE you imply that I was involved in a rude act with my undead servant! I will flay the flesh from your bones! I will summon a thousand maggot-ridden corpses to gnaw your flesh! I will trap your soul in-
Ghoul: My ass hurts.

Skaw
posted 01-02-2002 12:52:13 AM
quote:
The Last Strider had this to say about Punky Brewster:
[QUOTE]AbbigailSD had this to say about John Romero:
[qb]Or are you that insecure in your manhood, with an ego so underdeveloped (and a wang that requires the Hubble Space Telescope and a pound bag of ground peper to see) that you think the only way you can impress people is with you comments??

OOH! Score!
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Quite.

Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 01-02-2002 12:55:02 AM
Sorry about the incorrect # on how much LH heals.

Just judging from my old pally.

Ferrel!
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-02-2002 01:07:19 AM
quote:
The Last Strider had this to say about Punky Brewster:
OOH! Score!

She may have been the one to say it, but I know she wasn't the only one thinking it.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 01-02-2002 01:17:39 AM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
She may have been the one to say it, but I know she wasn't the only one thinking it.

Y'damn straight!

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-02-2002 01:19:21 AM
I second the aforementioned accusations.
Jalal d'Varr
Still a gnome!
posted 01-02-2002 06:23:55 AM
Does anyone remember back when Lay Hands was just a full heal? (Or did it just do 1k back then? I don't remember anymore. I was a n00b, so to me 1k = full heal, which may be why i'm thinking this )

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Jalal d'Varr ]

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-02-2002 06:32:01 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Delphi!
I do at least 1900 with my LoH. *cough*

I can beat up a level 51 pally and only use 3 bubbles of HP doing it. *cough*
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-02-2002 07:37:25 AM
quote:
Skaw impressed everyone with:
55+ Mightion, don't jump the gun, bud.
Critical heals/nukes are Archetypal abilities.

Although you can get the points for it, you can only spend accordingly to VI's set up.

Straight 51+ You can work the Everybody-Abilities(General).
At 55, you can finally put points into your class-type(Caster, Priest, Hybrid, Melee) after spending 6 ability points in General.
At 59, you reached the happiness of having spent 18+ previous points(6 General, 12 Archetypal) and are finally allowed your class abilities to be unlocked.

Yeah, I know, Skaw. That's why I said 51+... I've spent much time drooling over all three categories.

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 01-02-2002 09:17:29 AM
Delphi - Pwned.

That was too funny.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Skaw
posted 01-02-2002 09:27:45 AM
Speaking of abilities..

Aaladwen and Iberar in my Guild found out exactly how fast the 8500/9500 horses go.

Run speed with 1 point in enchancement.

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 01-02-2002 09:35:27 AM
I can see people stopping around 55-58 for AAXP. Everyone gets some pretty l33+ 55+ AAXP skills. I am personally considering stopping leveling for Combat Fury 3 and Regen / Running Speed.
Skaw
posted 01-02-2002 09:40:04 AM
Regen + Metabolism for me please.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-02-2002 09:47:25 AM
Yesterday when my monk was still Lv.31 he landed a 70dmg Flying Kick, a new record. The fellow monk in my group congradulated me, the Lv.26 warrior twink pfawed at it and told me about the 180-something crit he once landed.

Now that I'm Lv.32 I wonder if the dmg will go up again.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-02-2002 09:50:10 AM
BTW, as many know the pure melee classes and clerics can bind wounds up to 70% upon reaching 201 skill. Does that percentage stack with the First Aid skill allowing a max bindable range of 100%?
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Skaw
posted 01-02-2002 10:38:30 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about dark elf butts:
BTW, as many know the pure melee classes and clerics can bind wounds up to 70% upon reaching 201 skill. Does that percentage stack with the First Aid skill allowing a max bindable range of 100%?

Yes, yes it does.

Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 01-02-2002 10:47:59 AM
quote:
AbbigailSD had this to say about pies:
Delphi, why is it anytime Mightion posts about what his character is up to, you INSIST on posting something along the lines of "well, MY pally can do <insert ridiculous comment here>."??

Frankly, the only thing about you that I am surprised about is that Drysart hasn't introduced you t the ban-stick.

Here, I'll give you something for your very own... Something that I know Mightion will NEVER have (nor would he want)...

Die plz, k thx bye!!

Whee. I got flamed. I feel so much better now. I was simply pointing out how much LoH can do at 51+. They had to upgrade it once because they were basing it on a full heal on what our base HP was. And not only did they upgrade our HP once (about 25 points per level above 20 or so), they hadnt taken into account any self buffs (Courage, etc.) So it used to do 25 hp/level, now its more like 50hp/level. I dont do much math, but You can.

Yes, Originally LoH was a full heal, no matter what level you were. They changed this because someone could make level 1 pallies and use them as throwaway CHes on raids or something. *shrug*

Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-02-2002 11:00:08 AM
quote:
AbbigailSD had this to say about Tron:

Die plz, k thx bye!!

But Delphi DOES have a bigger penis because of his l33ter EQ character!

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-02-2002 12:10:06 PM
The thing is Delphi, you pretty much do only the following:

-Try to demean Mightion
-Brag about your paladin
-Whine about one of your many, innumerable problems
-Whine about being flame when you so obviously deserve it

I see no "contribute to society" part in there.

I can pretty much guarantee that almost nobody on these boards like you. At all. I even heard some complaint from Delidgamond. And if Delidgamond is complaining, then you know you're annoying.

I, too, am surprised you aren't banned yet, and I think you should take this as a sign that you're probably salvagable and should change your ways.

If you don't...let it be known that we like Mightion. We like him a helluva lot more than we like you, and even if you still act like a whining, arrogant, penis-envying jackass, we won't tolerate you constantly trying to harrass and belittle him at every turn.

That isn't a warning nor a threat. That's a statement of fact.

Consider it, buddy. Now, I'm just gonna let this thread go back to its original purpose.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 01-02-2002 12:20:18 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Robocop:

I can pretty much guarantee that almost nobody on these boards like you. At all. I even heard some complaint from Delidgamond. And if Delidgamond is complaining, then you know you're annoying.

Ouch

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Rowyl
Pancake
posted 01-02-2002 01:32:43 PM
A 60 Warrior with less then 5k HP is rare these days, and that's UNBUFFED.

Any of you see the dude that Manaburned and got a spell crit for a total of 13780 damage! On Vulak! That's Uber!

-Rowyl
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-02-2002 01:37:06 PM
quote:
Rowyl had this to say about John Romero:
A 60 Warrior with less then 5k HP is rare these days, and that's UNBUFFED.

Any of you see the dude that Manaburned and got a spell crit for a total of 13780 damage! On Vulak! That's Uber!

A level 60 Wizard with 200int has around 2500mana. I don't really see the point in using mana burn when you can use that mana to do more damage with the level 60 nukes...
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 01-02-2002 01:40:26 PM
quote:
Modrakien had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Alternate Xp before getting to 60 is a waste. Actual level means so much in terms of resisting spells/AEs, having one's own resisted and/or hitting the mob that 3 points of regen, jboot speed and some critical hits can't really make up for it. And that's not counting the spells/discs you get with rising in levels. That reminds me, I really need to find a GOOD group tomorrow to get the missing 1.5 blue to 59.

I'd just like to comment on this, that for Monks and other people who are pullers, getting AP into run speed and regen is more important then level. Outrunning that huge giant behind you and avoiding being quaded for 200-300 a hit is more important than getting a new useless discipline. Because the level 51 discipline is the best there is.

Just my input.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 01-02-2002 01:43:42 PM
I would bother with Run Skill, except I have Jboots

And that was pretty much the only thing worth getting until I hit 60... So Levels > AAXP for me.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 01-02-2002 01:45:48 PM
Since when have jboots worked indoors? I have a pair of jboots too, but last time I checked, they don't work indoors.

Dungeon pulling = indoors.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: