EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Grrrrrr...
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-01-2002 11:50:59 AM
Listen, Mr. Customer;

I was required to tell you my first name as part of our little greeting. That does NOT give you the right to shorten it to one syllable and call me by that.

There is a short list of people who get to call me "Bri", and you sir, ARE NOT ON IT.

In retrospect, I don't believe anyone calls me that, and each time you use it it takes all my willpower not to hang up on you.

This has been a public service announcement. Now get off my phone.

Bane
BANNED
posted 01-01-2002 12:07:50 PM
hi bri
cout << "SCORE!";
Wily Kat to the Rescue!
Za’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 01-01-2002 12:12:53 PM
can i call you bob then ?
"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-01-2002 12:16:01 PM
You're not on the list either, Bane.

No one is, not even anyone here is.

Annoy me not, please.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 01-01-2002 12:18:02 PM
Delidgamond pokes Mightion's helmet repeatedly
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-01-2002 12:20:02 PM
/me stabs Delidgamond repeatedly
Aaron (the good one)
posted 01-01-2002 12:21:00 PM
Delidgamond bleeds all over Mightion repeatedly
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 01-01-2002 12:24:06 PM
Can I call you BriBri?
Kameks
BANNED
posted 01-01-2002 12:28:47 PM
BRI BRI BRI BRI BRI Seriously though if that is all the customer did then you sir are over reacting.
People who try to commit suicide should be dragged out into the street and shot. Heck they wont complain this what they wanted :)

Sig pic done with Microsoft paint, Work that doobie Pikachu.

Mightion Defensor
posted 01-01-2002 12:29:15 PM
quote:
Kloie had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Can I call you BriBri?

/me considers....

Rrrrrrrrrrr.....

Okay, just you. No one else.

Malbi
posted 01-01-2002 12:32:15 PM
I like to call you mister shiny bucketman!
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-01-2002 12:33:12 PM
quote:
Malbi had this to say about Pirotess:

That works, but you, despite repeated cranial injuries, are only interested in my clerical sister.

Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 01-01-2002 12:33:50 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Mightion Defensor wrote:
/me considers....

Rrrrrrrrrrr.....

Okay, just you. No one else.

Kloie huggles Mightion/BriBri!!!

Cap'n Elethi
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt...
posted 01-01-2002 12:40:10 PM
Might, is your name Brian?
Elethi Rian, A Man Of Many Talents
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-01-2002 12:42:27 PM
quote:
Elethi had this to say about Cuba:
Might, is your name Brian?

Um, yeah...

Hmmm... thought everyone knew my name...

It takes a lot of faction work for me to accept being called by a nickname. That nameless (and brainless) customer hadn't done ANY, that's why it bothered me...

Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 01-01-2002 12:44:07 PM
Kloie kicks Kameks so hard that his ANCESTAHS feel it. In the shin. Yeah.
Kameks
BANNED
posted 01-01-2002 12:48:56 PM
Ow boo hoo jeez he called you a little nickname jeez. It's basically a compliment, you were doing a good job the customer felt releved and decided to call you by what he thought was a common nickname for you. I mean come on thats like someone named Billy complaining when soemone calls him Bill. Ever hear of whining just for the sake of whining
People who try to commit suicide should be dragged out into the street and shot. Heck they wont complain this what they wanted :)

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-01-2002 12:53:14 PM
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-01-2002 01:02:02 PM
quote:
Illanae had this to say about Tron:

Why a frown, my paladin mentor?

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-01-2002 01:10:06 PM
Bri is such a sweet nickname, and you will let Kloie call you that, but not me. So I shall cry!

Illanae sobs!

Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 01-01-2002 01:12:06 PM
Aaniele
Pancake
posted 01-01-2002 01:18:40 PM
ummmmm....why would anyone want to shorten Brian? Its a reat name as it is.
"a friend will help you move, a really good friend will help you move a body"
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 01-01-2002 01:21:00 PM
quote:
Malbi had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

I also will adopt that name for you Mightion.

Mightion Defensor
posted 01-01-2002 01:21:09 PM
quote:
Illanae had this to say about Pirotess:
Bri is such a sweet nickname, and you will let Kloie call you that, but not me. So I shall cry!

Illanae sobs!

Um... Kloie asked if she should call me "BriBri"...

You've got enough faction to call me Bri if ya wanna.

Didn't mean to make ya cry...

How can I make it up to ya?

Kameks
BANNED
posted 01-01-2002 01:28:01 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about Duck Tales:

Didn't mean to make ya cry...

How can I make it up to ya?

WARNING-incoming sex comments sure to follow

Za’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 01-01-2002 01:41:01 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Kameks wrote:
WARNING-incoming sex comments sure to follow

donkeys taste great with cheddar cheese when deep-fried

"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 01-01-2002 01:49:26 PM
Wait. So the nickname "Bri" itself doesn't bother you?
If that's the case, then to put this concisely, what the hell is the problem?
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-01-2002 01:56:01 PM
quote:
Sentow had this to say about (_|_):
Wait. So the nickname "Bri" itself doesn't bother you?
If that's the case, then to put this concisely, what the hell is the problem?

The part that bothered me about it was the customer using it every chance he got. I wouldn't consider calling strangers by nicknames, myself.

I didn't know this customer. I did not choose to know this customer. I did not like this customer feeling he could shorten my name. Everybody else calls me Brian. (outside of game, of course.) My mother sometimes calls me "Brian Andrew", but when she does, I know I screwed up...

Basically, the customer was being much more informal than I like when talking to strangers. I'm sure if someone Lyinar didn't know walked up to her and started calling her Candy she wouldn't like it, or Pammy with Illanae, etc.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 01-01-2002 01:58:11 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about Captain Planet:
The part that bothered me about it was the customer using it every chance he got. I wouldn't consider calling strangers by nicknames, myself.

I didn't know this customer. I did not choose to know this customer. I did not like this customer feeling he could shorten my name. Everybody else calls me Brian. (outside of game, of course.) My mother sometimes calls me "Brian Andrew", but when she does, I know I screwed up...

Basically, the customer was being much more informal than I like when talking to strangers. I'm sure if someone Lyinar didn't know walked up to her and started calling her Candy she wouldn't like it, or Pammy with Illanae, etc.

Well that's just silly

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-01-2002 01:58:34 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about (_|_):

yep. whenever a parent uses a middle name ya screwed up. if they use a middle and last name ya really fucked up

leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 01-01-2002 01:59:41 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr wrote this stupid crap:
yep. whenever a parent uses a middle name ya screwed up. if they use a middle and last name ya really fucked up

What if you don't have a middle name?

Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 01-01-2002 02:08:20 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr impressed everyone with:

There are several different definitions for my name. I can tell which is which by pronunciation.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-01-2002 02:12:17 PM
quote:
Leck thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
What if you don't have a middle name?

You're British right? Yet you don't have 5 different middle names like Lester?

( to Morty!_

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-01-2002 02:46:35 PM
I know what you mean. I actually don't mind Pammy though. My favorite grandma used to call me that, and hearing it brings me happy memories. In fact I went through a stage where I used "Pami" as my legal name.

I don't have a middle name, so when I was called "Pamela" I knew I was in trouble. My first husband and his parents still call me that just to make me cringe. They know I hate it. I am beyond that now though, I just laugh at their pathetic button-pushing.

What I hate is for people on message boards name-dropping my name (or others). This one guy on a different board I frequent does it all the time. If I wanted to be called Pam on the msg boards I would use that as my nick. I finally had to blow up at him for it.

So, I would never call anyone their real name unless they told me specifically to, or unless they signed their post /ooc in their real name.

Solstyce
Vampiric pixie that might eat your face, if you're lucky
posted 01-01-2002 02:55:55 PM
Only two people in this world get to call me Nikki. Everyone else gets a swift kick to the head.

(this is not because I don't like you, but because Nikki sounds far too much like some sort of cheesy vapid valley-girl name and I am not associating myself with that. Nicole works fine. Same amount of syllables, same amount of effort to pronounce, so no Nikki)

Shhh. Everyone will hear us. Everyone will know.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-01-2002 03:08:49 PM
I just wanted to add, I didn't mean you Mightion! It's okay that you used me as an example, really!

What I mean is this guy on another board that name-drops constantly. If he is responding to a post, he always uses the person's RL name, just because he knows it. To me, that is rude.

Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 01-01-2002 03:31:51 PM
I know what you mean Mightion. As another official member of the Brian club, I feel that Bri is really much more of an intimate or close relation nickname; it's something a family member would call you. I would certainly feel odd if even my friends called me that, so I can see where you are coming from on this one. Who the hell did this guy think he is?
Yes, that's right, hot live sex!
There's a raptor behind you.
Resident grammar whore.
Warning, flames imminent!
Maradon!
posted 01-01-2002 03:33:01 PM
See I'm wierd with diminutives.

If I were to shorten Brian, it would be to Brine, or Brain, neither of which are really any shorter than Brian.

How's it goin' Brine?

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-01-2002 03:36:15 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

Could have been worse! Could have been calling you Ryan at every turn!

Mightion Defensor
posted 01-01-2002 03:42:07 PM
quote:
Maradön? had this to say about John Romero:
See I'm wierd with diminutives.

If I were to shorten Brian, it would be to Brine, or Brain, neither of which are really any shorter than Brian.

How's it goin' Brine?

Mightion scowls at you, ready to attack - he appears to be quite formidable.

I wonder how much I could get for the tongue of a blithering fool. Begone, before I decide to find out for myself.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: