EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Poll
Random
Pancake
posted 08-29-2003 11:00:38 PM
Who do you think would win in a 3 way duel.
Vash the Stampede: Trigun
Gene Starwind: Outlaw Star, or
Spike: Cowboy Bebop
My name says it all.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-29-2003 11:01:41 PM
VASH2WIN NO CONTEST
Mog 1.0
Pancake
posted 08-29-2003 11:31:41 PM
quote:
This one time, at Mr. Gainsborough camp:
VASH2WIN NO CONTEST
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 08-29-2003 11:54:56 PM
Spike would win, hands down.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 08-30-2003 12:26:49 AM
That all depends on what Gene's packing.

If he's using a normal gun, then Vash wins.

If he has some shells for his caster, but not the right ones, then it's a toss up between Vash and Spike. Basically, Gene shoots and kills one of them with the caster, catching them off guard because it's like nothing they're used to. Then, the other one nails Gene before he can reload. Vash wouldn't kill him, but he would beat him. Given that Gene isn't likely to see though Vash's idiot act in time, he would probably fire at the more dangerous looking Spike and then get taken out by Vash.

If Gene has the right shells for the caster, and can take them both out in one hit, then Gene wins. Because, they won't expect that kind of firepower to come out of that size of gun, and they're both good enough to know that he's not aiming right at either of them. They'll just think he's trying to keep his gun aimed between them where he can quickly pick one of them as a target, and be caught in the blast radius.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 08-30-2003 12:52:53 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Palador ChibiDragon:
That all depends on what Gene's packing.

If he's using a normal gun, then Vash wins.

If he has some shells for his caster, but not the right ones, then it's a toss up between Vash and Spike. Basically, Gene shoots and kills one of them with the caster, catching them off guard because it's like nothing they're used to. Then, the other one nails Gene before he can reload. Vash wouldn't kill him, but he would beat him. Given that Gene isn't likely to see though Vash's idiot act in time, he would probably fire at the more dangerous looking Spike and then get taken out by Vash.

If Gene has the right shells for the caster, and can take them both out in one hit, then Gene wins. Because, they won't expect that kind of firepower to come out of that size of gun, and they're both good enough to know that he's not aiming right at either of them. They'll just think he's trying to keep his gun aimed between them where he can quickly pick one of them as a target, and be caught in the blast radius.

Yeah...you've got it =p

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 08-30-2003 10:14:30 PM
Vash.
1) Super Smarts
2) Super Relexes
3) Angel arm that shoots big blast of DOOOOOM
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 08-30-2003 10:37:23 PM
quote:
Janus. wrote this stupid crap:
Vash.
1) Super Smarts
2) Super Relexes
3) Angel arm that shoots big blast of DOOOOOM

He wouldn't use the Angel Arm against normal people. It's not just a question of power and ability, it's also a question of how they act.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 08-30-2003 11:24:22 PM
vash would lose... he cant kill either of them... and we all know how resilent spike and gene are.
Dave
)_(
posted 08-30-2003 11:53:31 PM
Hmm... Spike is more human with very high skills in gun fighting and martial arts. Spike is often shown as being only human and has lost more than a few fights barely escapeing death.

Gene just has the caster shells going for him. And I don't think they would effect spike or vash because they would just dodge them. Not stand there like most of the people gene fought "ha your puny gun can't hurt me I'll stand here and take it like superman!" He's not that good of a gunfighter/ martial artist.

I'll have to go with spike, gene can't fight on their levels. And Vash can't kill anyone.

Kirika from Noir, would drop them all in a second though.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 08-31-2003 12:18:15 AM
quote:
Dave had this to say about Duck Tales:
I'll have to go with spike, gene can't fight on their levels. And Vash can't kill anyone.

Vash can, however, shoot the guns out of their hands. He's been known to do things like that. He can also pistol whip them to knock them out. He's been known to do that, too.

MorbId
Pancake
posted 08-31-2003 01:20:19 AM
I'd bet on Vash.

[ 08-31-2003: Message edited by: Captain MorbId ]

Dave
)_(
posted 08-31-2003 02:12:11 AM
Spike would defently beat vash in hand to hand.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 08-31-2003 02:19:13 AM
No.

Because spike would eventually grab vash wrist and he'd be able to shift his wrst up and do the whole machine gun arm thing.

No way spike would win, as he is the only charecter of the 3 to actually die.

I bet on vash, he's just better than the other two. That and his idiot act would easily throw the other two off. Just like that clown did verse spike.

Gene:-/ I dont remember much of outlaw star other than he is a good fighter and has uber bullet's but isnt smart enouph to evade the idiot vash trick.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-31-2003 07:23:44 PM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper wrote this stupid crap:
No way spike would win, as he is the only charecter of the 3 to actually die.

Ahem, use a spoiler tag next time, please.

OtakuPenguin
posted 08-31-2003 11:38:46 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Ahem, use a spoiler tag next time, please.

You seriously haven't seen Bebop? o_O

Anyhow, I would hand it to Vash, because...I mean, come on...he's VASH.

Vash is probably the best GUNMAN in any anime, easily.

Hell, Nick could take out Gene and Spike (ok, bit of a Bias because Nick rules omfg)

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 08-31-2003 11:45:55 PM
When cartoon network's longest ran anime(with the exception of the dragonball fransise) so much that they took it off BECAUSE people were sick of the same 26 episodes and people STILL clamored for itsreturn.

It doesnt need the spoiler tag.

Thats like mentioning the supermans weak to kryptonite and someone whining about it.

Nick would be machien gun them down with the uber cross!!

[ 08-31-2003: Message edited by: Elvish Crack Piper ]

Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 09-01-2003 12:33:14 AM
spike, no contest whatsoever

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
MorbId
Pancake
posted 09-01-2003 12:35:22 AM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
When cartoon network's longest ran anime(with the exception of the dragonball fransise) so much that they took it off BECAUSE people were sick of the same 26 episodes and people STILL clamored for itsreturn.

Thats like mentioning the supermans weak to kryptonite and someone whining about it.

The spoiler tag is really a courtesy. Is it so difficult to type those nineteen keystrokes for people like myself and Mr. Gainsborough, who might not have caught the episodes when they ran on Cartoon Network?

Your example is flawed. A recurring plot device and the conclusion to a series are not the same thing.

Elspeth
Pancake
posted 09-01-2003 01:44:12 AM
quote:
Lady Delirium impressed everyone with:
spike, no contest whatsoever

You have got to be joking.

I just finished watching Trigun. I don't even see how you people are having a discussion here.

Vash wins.

So you want to start a revolution. Well, you know...
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 09-01-2003 02:27:44 AM
Eh, supermans been in over a 1000 comics, while sdpikes been in 26 episodes.

People know supes gets knocked by kryptonite, and people know spike does.

It doesnt change much.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 09-01-2003 03:39:22 AM
quote:
How.... OtakuPenguin.... uughhhhhh:

I have three episodes in the series left to go, and I'm waiting to watch them till my friend gets caught up in the series.

thx omg.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-01-2003 06:20:04 PM
quote:
OtakuPenguin's account was hax0red to write:

I've seen all but the last DVD.

I stopped talking to the friend I was in the process of borrowing the DVDs from.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-01-2003 06:34:39 PM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Superman being weak to Kryptonite is in his bio. Its not a secret because they talk about it all the freaking time.

On the other hand (spoiler): Talking about how Superman got killed by Doomsday in the coolest comic book series EVER, should get the spoiler tag because it only happened once and could possibly SPOIL some of the feel of watching or reading the event. This is the same reason why the Spike thing should have been tagged.

As Morbid said, is 19 characters really that hard to put in for consideration?

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 09-01-2003 07:03:19 PM
It never occured to me that someone would'nt know that.

How long ago did the doomsday storearc take place anyway?

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-01-2003 08:14:10 PM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper had this to say about John Romero:

How long ago did the doomsday storearc take place anyway?

Hold on I'll go check the date of my copy. *runs off to check*

The first appearance of Doomsday was printed around 1992 and the return was around 1994. (the trilogy that he returned in was as awesome as the first time)

OtakuPenguin
posted 09-01-2003 11:16:53 PM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper had this to say about (_|_):

Yeah, I agree...someone not knowing Spike dies is like someone not knowing Aeris dies, or even Nick.

Come on people, this is the Anime forum.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 09-02-2003 12:00:01 AM
quote:
OtakuPenguin impressed everyone with:
Yeah, I agree...someone not knowing Spike dies is like someone not knowing Aeris dies, or even Nick.

Come on people, this is the Anime forum.

... you fuckhole.

I hate you, Ian.

I'm only on episode ten of Trigun, just downloaded it yesterday.

I came to the Anime forum because my interest in Anime's been sparked recently and I wanted to try and find out more about it. I avoided google because I wouldn't know whether or not spoilers would be in the websites I'd find - I trusted that people on evercrest would be considerate enough to use spoiler tags.

OtakuPenguin
posted 09-02-2003 12:01:49 AM
quote:
Vorbis spewed forth this undeniable truth:
... you fuckhole.

I hate you, Ian.

I'm only on episode ten of Trigun, just downloaded it yesterday.

I came to the Anime forum because my interest in Anime's been sparked recently and I wanted to try and find out more about it. I avoided google because I wouldn't know whether or not spoilers would be in the websites I'd find - I trusted that people on evercrest would be considerate enough to use spoiler tags.

Not that Nick.

Seriously.

No, I'm serious. Don't worry your troubled mind.

[ 09-02-2003: Message edited by: OtakuPenguin ]

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-02-2003 12:29:56 AM
Anyone wanna guess what happens to Roy Fokker?
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 09-02-2003 12:34:29 AM
quote:
Verily, OtakuPenguin doth proclaim:
Not that Nick.

Seriously.

No, I'm serious. Don't worry your troubled mind.

Oh, right then.

Terribly sorry. ^_^

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 09-03-2003 12:14:17 AM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Anyone wanna guess what happens to Roy Fokker?

Do you know how many people, even anime fans, know who Roy Fokker is? heh...

And back on topic, Vash would win. Don't think of it like a matrix gun battle or whatever. It's anime. Gun fights are the next-gen samurai duels, and they're never about pure skill. Half of it is psyching out the other guy, putting them off guard.

Vash is the king of psyching people out.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

OtakuPenguin
posted 09-03-2003 12:21:08 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Do you know how many people, even anime fans, know who Roy Fokker is? heh...

And back on topic, Vash would win. Don't think of it like a matrix gun battle or whatever. It's anime. Gun fights are the next-gen samurai duels, and they're never about pure skill. Half of it is psyching out the other guy, putting them off guard.

Vash is the king of psyching people out.

Macross = God.

Cherveny
Papaya
posted 09-03-2003 10:27:24 AM
Vash, definately Vash.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 09-03-2003 02:25:31 PM
Heck, a more nifty contest would be all three of them working together to try and take out Lina Inverse! ^.^

She would so Dragon-slave their arses.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 09-06-2003 12:07:53 AM
Guys, just a suggestion: This may very well be the anime forum, but not everyone knows everything about it.

If we had a games forum, I wouldn't say "WELL AERIS DIES" in a FF7 thread just in case someone didnt know.

I mean, OP told me about Trigun and Im kinda sad now.

I forgot the Cowboy Bebop name though, so it's all cool.

The World is Yours
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 09-07-2003 05:07:32 AM
But FF7 came out in 1995.

Thats like not telling someone who won world war 2.

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 09-07-2003 05:18:07 AM
I agree with ECP here. And Trigun came out in what? '97, '98? It's your own fault if you fall into a spoiler pit 6+ years after release
TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 09-07-2003 10:01:23 PM
I dont think anyone brought up the fact that Vash is a plant. so if he did end up with a crtical hit from Gene's gun, he could regenerate in no time.

All and all aside, I think the real question should be who would be the first one to die/lose, since it's pretty obvious from the series that Vash would win, hands down. Spike's the man, but it doesn't matter how cool you look when your bleeding out of all your orificeses.

Or better yet, who would win in a Space dual. Gene, Spike or Queen Esmeraldas?

[ 09-07-2003: Message edited by: ToastedFritters ]

The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 09-07-2003 10:20:25 PM
quote:
Warlord Darius obviously shouldn't have said:
I agree with ECP here. And Trigun came out in what? '97, '98? It's your own fault if you fall into a spoiler pit 6+ years after release

But whereas World War 2 (for ECP's example) was an event that changed the lives of everyone, anime is rather inconsequential. Infact, so inconsequential that many people haven't heard of it, much less watched any of the style.

Therefore, one can conclude that there may be people that have started watching anime just recently *coughs* and may not have gotten a chance to watch some of the major series yet. Or said people may be in the process of watching said series.

Kaaay.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: