EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Damn Femenists
Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 12-02-2002 05:40:35 PM
I am an official sexist as of this moment. I just read a news report detailing how a group of female activitist began acting out against the fact that their are more male teams then female teams at colleges. And now the colleges are being forced to try and even out the amount of teams they have had to eliminate several male teams from about every sport. Normally I would not take such action to this, but a few of my friends from school have just lost scholarships to good schools because of this.

This was later discussed at lunch with a few of my classmates and we all agreed that this is rediculous. One student, a friend of mine, pointed out that the reason there are more male sports teams is that males are naturally more built for sports and physical activity and that most woman don't give a damn. Sure there are many woman in sports but lets look at that number compare to the number of woman out of sports.

Another arguement that wasn't totally supported but had a point was that most of the woman in the sports world are not as good as the males. Have you ever seen a female tackle take on the any proffesional males football player?

That these fem's are just out for pay back. They don't like that years ago some female on the earth did not have as much of an equal chance as a male to go out and have to work for a living, and do manual labor. Now a days guys get screwed over more then women do in about all forms of economical matters. A female will get hired instead of a equally qualified male because if she isn't she will claim sexist acts against her. Females pay less in taxes/insurance, and have recently I noticed, have recieved easier and less hectic working positions. I believe that while women were right to try and make themselves equals in the world they have now gone to far and have attempt to make themselves supperiors.

Disclaimor: "I, the author of this post, do in fact know that the females in question are not all females, and that many females are not horrible people, and that the true targets are horrible dike femenists."

I don't discriminate...I hate everyone.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 12-02-2002 05:54:53 PM
quote:
Have you ever seen a female tackle take on the any proffesional males football player?

I've met women who can.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-02-2002 06:01:50 PM
I pay the same in taxes and insurance here at my work as everyone else, male or female. And I just got turned down for a job in another department for a guy, even when the manager of that department wanted *me*.

So no, females do not always get every single thing they want. Nor do black men or women, or any other minority. And by having an attitude toward women like that, even if it is the "FemoNazis" as they're termed, is just contributing to the problem of true equality for everyone.

And the word is feminist, btw. No "e".

[ 12-02-2002: Message edited by: Lyinar Ka`Bael ]

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 12-02-2002 06:03:32 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
And by having an attitude toward women like that, even if it is the "FemoNazis" as they're termed, is just contributing to the problem of true equality for everyone.

I don't see how.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Suddar
posted 12-02-2002 06:06:30 PM
So instead of taking male teams away, why not create more female teams?

Let me guess, not enough female interest?

So what's the problem?

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 12-02-2002 06:09:07 PM
quote:
D was listening to Cher while typing:
I don't see how.

Because we just complain and don't really fight back.

Here is my advice for all the Feminazis, Minority Extremists, White Supremists, and other such radical groups:

DEAL

Oh shi...
what
posted 12-02-2002 06:09:34 PM
or money.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 12-02-2002 06:10:05 PM
So because a guy got the job you wanted he got it because he's a guy?

If a girl had gotten it would it have been because she slept with the boss?

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 12-02-2002 06:12:28 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Suddar wrote:
So instead of taking male teams away, why not create more female teams?

Let me guess, not enough female interest?

So what's the problem?

That and lack of funding.

and Lyniar read my disclaimor. And if you check car insurance rates, female drivers pay less then male drivers exspecially at my age. Most girls I know pay a few hundred less than I do for car insurance and yet they have had more infractions with the law. So I have a damned right to complain about these annoying people who are no longer oppressed but like to think they are.

[ 12-02-2002: Message edited by: Nekralt Avaane ]

Cadga
Quite Insane
posted 12-02-2002 06:16:09 PM
I like wimmins

them has bobbies

really fucking deal man!

Professional Sinner/Heretic
My mindless dribble
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-02-2002 06:17:55 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota had this to say about Duck Tales:
So because a guy got the job you wanted he got it because he's a guy?

If a girl had gotten it would it have been because she slept with the boss?

It was pretty much made clear to me unofficially by the manager, who wasn't happy with the decision, that he got it because the higher ups wanted a guy in the position, regardless of who was best for the job.

Lashanna
noob
posted 12-02-2002 06:20:45 PM
Honestly, I feel that genders are fairly balanced, and that male-female interaction is working as intended.

Of course, when they reach the high-end game and are in their mid sixties, the differences between genders becomes negligibile.

OK, joking aside... I do feel genders are pretty equal, yeah, females get shafted in some areas (that sounded really really awful), but on the other hand, women have advantages that men don't haveboobs, and in the end, I feel it's balanced.

I also think demanding so-called "equality" in such insane situations is just insanely retarded. Let's put ideals aside, and look at the big picture: There are more male basketball players than female. There are more male baseball players than female. There are WAY more male football players than female.

There are reasons for this, and regardless of silly equality, women in general are slighter of build than men (read: IN GENERAL, I don't care if you have a 6'6" friend who can snap grown men in her hands like twigs).

Logic. Common Sense. Oh, where have they gone?!

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Oh shi...
what
posted 12-02-2002 06:21:15 PM
Pretty sweet deal for the manager. Tell you that they were going to hire you while they hire the other guy. He can't be blamed and looks like the good guy all the way through.
Ukko The Popa Bear
Pancake
posted 12-02-2002 06:22:17 PM
well, personaly, i think it is sad, but yes, people are sexist, male or female ... we all judge, & dont try to deny it!

i personaly dont care about Sex, color & contrey ... i just treat people all the same ...

BUT yes, when im working, i help the girls to move the big box, yes i go out side & shovel the snow...
so am i sexist?
i dont think so, i like to call it "galentry"

but , whit time, people are becoming more & more ... smart about this ...

problem whit most people is that: they dont want to give a chance to people to change there mind on it ... they keep forcing it...

then people pay the price

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 12-02-2002 06:22:48 PM
And yet I have been turned down from three jobs that I was amply qualified for, because some other girl who was a worse student then I, and had submitted a application days after I have recieved jobs at stores because they were more quailfied for the position?

There is not much discrimination against women any more and if some one feels there is they can have it rectified, meanwhile any descrimination against males must be delt with because males are different and it is okay to discriminate against them?

Pesco
posted 12-02-2002 06:24:43 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael attempted to be funny by writing:
It was pretty much made clear to me unofficially by the manager, who wasn't happy with the decision, that he got it because the higher ups wanted a guy in the position, regardless of who was best for the job.

Did the guy have a better education? More experience in the field or an adjacent field? Ask for less pay? Was he more aggressive/professional/intimidating/charismatic? So on and so forth.... There are alot of things then just "paper qualifications" that go into consideration for a job.

Also, some positions fit males better then females, some fit females better then males, that is just a fact. People go with what they know works, and until someone takes it upon themselves to prove them otherwise, they will stick with what they know.

Cadga
Quite Insane
posted 12-02-2002 06:29:02 PM
Genders will never be legal because of hormones

they control more than you think and alot of the time its not even concious thought

but thats just my opinion i could and probibly am wrong

Professional Sinner/Heretic
My mindless dribble
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 12-02-2002 06:30:41 PM
I personally don't agree with the rabid feminists...

It strikes me as funny. When it comes to pay, cushy jobs, privileges, the bleeding heart 'woe is me, I am woman, and you discriminate against me soooo much' mindset comes into play. But then again... when its something that is not so favorable, they don't even touch it. (The prime example that comes to mind is the fact that women aren't allowed into frontline or infantry positions in the militay)

Now tell me, when was the last time you heard a feminazi cry injustice at not being allowed to be a meatshield?

I have a big thing against soccer-mom/minority extremist types of people.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Burger
BANNED!
posted 12-02-2002 06:35:30 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Nekralt Avaane was all like:

and Lyniar read my disclaimor. And if you check car insurance rates, female drivers pay less then male drivers exspecially at my age. Most girls I know pay a few hundred less than I do for car insurance and yet they have had more infractions with the law. So I have a damned right to complain about these annoying people who are no longer oppressed but like to think they are.

Well, as for the insurance argument, that is not settled by feminists, it's settled by actuaries. They look at all the claims filed, and determine the trends that exist in them. They found that a woman will typically not cost as much to insure as a man, so they charge them less. They find that young drivers cost the insurance company more in settlements, so the young drivers have higher premiums. Are you saying that insurance companies are biased agains red cars, or convertibles, or cars with 400 horsepower? No, they have found that you are more expensive to the insurance company if you drive a red car, or a convertible, or a car with lots of power. You personally might not be, but people in similar situations have been.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 12-02-2002 06:35:50 PM
What about that chick who wanted to go to that all male military camp?

I don't think she lasted very long though...

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-02-2002 06:39:03 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Nekralt Avaane:

My point was that despite your disclaimer you have an attitude of "Women get this, women get that, women get everything, it's so unfair" etc. And that is JUST as bad as having an attitude like feminazis or white supremecists, or black supremecists, or whatever. Why even keep score at all?

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 12-02-2002 06:39:36 PM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Honestly, I feel that genders are fairly balanced, and that male-female interaction is working as intended.

Of course, when they reach the high-end game and are in their mid sixties, the differences between genders becomes negligibile.

OK, joking aside... I do feel genders are pretty equal, yeah, females get shafted in some areas (that sounded really really awful), but on the other hand, women have advantages that men don't haveboobs, and in the end, I feel it's balanced.

I also think demanding so-called "equality" in such insane situations is just insanely retarded. Let's put ideals aside, and look at the big picture: There are more male basketball players than female. There are more male baseball players than female. There are WAY more male football players than female.

There are reasons for this, and regardless of silly equality, women in general are slighter of build than men (read: IN GENERAL, I don't care if you have a 6'6" friend who can snap grown men in her hands like twigs).

Logic. Common Sense. Oh, where have they gone?!

I agree with this well said and thoughful though not really funny post and echo it's statements.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 12-02-2002 06:41:24 PM
quote:
Big_Mac stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Well, as for the insurance argument, that is not settled by feminists, it's settled by actuaries. They look at all the claims filed, and determine the trends that exist in them. They found that a woman will typically not cost as much to insure as a man, so they charge them less. They find that young drivers cost the insurance company more in settlements, so the young drivers have higher premiums. Are you saying that insurance companies are biased agains red cars, or convertibles, or cars with 400 horsepower? No, they have found that you are more expensive to the insurance company if you drive a red car, or a convertible, or a car with lots of power. You personally might not be, but people in similar situations have been.

so under the same insurrance companny: Me a male, 16 years of age, driving a 1992 Sonoma GMC truck costs 1300 a year, mean while a female, 16 years of age, driving a new nissan accord, and has had 2 infractions with the law, costs 1000 a year?

[ 12-02-2002: Message edited by: Nekralt Avaane ]

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 12-02-2002 06:42:09 PM
Here's a thought that might strike you as weird:

Men and women are not the same. Whoa.

hey
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 12-02-2002 06:42:44 PM
I add to the minority/feminist thing!

The Gay Olympics can go to fucking Hell. What the fuck is wrong with people like that? Homosexuals whine that they're treated unfairly and that they want "equality" and all that.. yet they go and make an Olympics just for them? You know how much bitching would be done if the regular olympics suddenly became the Straight Olympics?

Hypocrisy is fun. teehee, brutus?

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 12-02-2002 06:45:12 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
My point was that despite your disclaimer you have an attitude of "Women get this, women get that, women get everything, it's so unfair" etc. And that is JUST as bad as having an attitude like feminazis or white supremecists, or black supremecists, or whatever. Why even keep score at all?

Your catching on?

I said in the begining, I am taking on my sexist attitude cause I am sick and tired of women complaining of the things they are not getting when they are getting just about as much as males.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-02-2002 06:47:11 PM
quote:
Verily, Comrade Snoota doth proclaim:

The Gay Olympics can go to fucking Hell. What the fuck is wrong with people like that? Homosexuals whine that they're treated unfairly and that they want "equality" and all that.. yet they go and make an Olympics just for them? You know how much bitching would be done if the regular olympics suddenly became the Straight Olympics?

I didn't know gay people were banned from the regular Olympics.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 12-02-2002 06:47:39 PM
Women need to shaddup. They have the one eternal advantage over men:

DATES.

Oh, yeah. Men have to ask women. Basically, women get to crush them, and make them feel terrible. Stop complaining. :-(

Pretty much, in this day and age, most of the major, big, bandwagon worthy discrimnation is gone, so, unless there's really a cause that they're being held back against, jeez, live with it.

[ 12-02-2002: Message edited by: Lenny ]

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 12-02-2002 06:47:47 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Nekralt Avaane said this:
so under the same insurrance companny: Me a male, 16 years of age, driving a 1992 Sonoma GMC truck costs 1300 a year, mean while a female, 16 years of age, driving a new nissan accord, and has had 2 infractions with the law, costs 1000 a year?

The costs are based on the accident rate. Male drivers between 16-25 have the highest accident rate so the charge is increased accordingly.

If women had the highest rate, they would be charged higher. They're not favoring women based on gender.

There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Pesco
posted 12-02-2002 06:48:07 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota had this to say about John Romero:

Government / Business are like parents, Radical Equality Groups are like their whiny children.

The children cry and cry til their parents just give up and give them what they want. And if something happens that they dont like, the child just cries some more.

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 12-02-2002 06:50:21 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Terena Azal was all like:
The costs are based on the accident rate. Male drivers between 16-25 have the highest accident rate so the charge is increased accordingly.

If women had the highest rate, they would be charged higher. They're not favoring women based on gender.

I'm sorry if I came off that I was saying that they got it because of genderI am on a tyrincal rampage, but the fact that they do get it makes me think, hey look another advantage you have. Its something men don't have. And yet they still feel the need to complain in other areas of life.

Pesco
posted 12-02-2002 06:51:00 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Terena Azal said:

Depends.. their data is nowhere near accurate. There is a HUGE amount of items that are never reported. I can pretty much assure you that most of the unreported data favors female drivers.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-02-2002 06:51:30 PM
quote:
Pesco had this to say about Knight Rider:
Did the guy have a better education? More experience in the field or an adjacent field? Ask for less pay? Was he more aggressive/professional/intimidating/charismatic? So on and so forth.... There are alot of things then just "paper qualifications" that go into consideration for a job.

Also, some positions fit males better then females, some fit females better then males, that is just a fact. People go with what they know works, and until someone takes it upon themselves to prove them otherwise, they will stick with what they know.

As far as I understood it, we both have some college, we've both got a tech support history, and we were both equally qualified for the position.

One thing my company is really concerned with, or has been in the past at least, is how well someone will get along with others. They have always tried to hire in-company whenever possible.

And that was a very strong point in my favor, because everyone else in the department (It's small, only about 7 people do it) was pulling for me, and the manager felt that having a history with the company was a great thing.

And Delid, the situation isn't like that. The manager is a nice, decent guy. The only thing I could probably fault him with is being too timid, and unwilling to rock the boat and fight for his choice.

I hold no animosity toward the manager. I don't hold any animosity toward his direct superior. I know from past experience that the choice came from the top. The female owner of the company wanted a male, so it was done.

It may be some weird quota thing in her mind or something. The last two positions that opened up in that department were held by men. One was filled by the male that did our third shift, and when we stopped having third shift in-house, he moved to the other department. It's worked out nicely for him. And this position was filled by a male, too.

Apparently, one of the females has had an interview elsewhere that's closer to where she lives. And I got the impression that the manager thinks someone is going to be leaving rather soon. So I'm going to wait, bide my time, get my certifications and see what happens.

Anyway, I only brought it up to disprove Nekralt's statement. Women don't *always* get the job, even when they're just as fit or more than the person who did.

Pesco
posted 12-02-2002 07:02:03 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael wrote this then went back to looking for porn:
As far as I understood it, we both have some college, we've both got a tech support history, and we were both equally qualified for the position.

Anyway, I only brought it up to disprove Nekralt's statement. Women don't *always* get the job, even when they're just as fit or more than the person who did.

Your first statement and last statement contradict each other. And my point still stands, sometimes they are looking for more then just the paper stuff. Personality plays a big part, maybe this is one of those cases. Internal favoritism with your peers is great, but dont think that is a valid reason to kick away another person's chance at a job they too are qualified for.

If you are equally qualified on paper like you said yall were, then just keep working on it and make yourself better qualified on paper There really isnt an argument of gender favoritism in your case that I can see.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-02-2002 07:02:16 PM
quote:
Nekralt Avaane thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Your catching on?

I said in the begining, I am taking on my sexist attitude cause I am sick and tired of women complaining of the things they are not getting when they are getting just about as much as males.

I still fail to see how taking a sexist attitude is any different. You're protesting women bitching about men getting everything by bitching that women get everything. But neither is the case, really. Women get more of some things, less of other things. Men get more of some things, less of other things. Goes the same with anymore of society's "opposites".

Now do you see why I say that having a sexist attitude is just contributing to the problem?

Steven Steve
posted 12-02-2002 07:07:28 PM
I have a gold medal in the gay olympics, so there
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-02-2002 07:09:05 PM
quote:
Pesco probably says this to all the girls:
Your first statement and last statement contradict each other. And my point still stands, sometimes they are looking for more then just the paper stuff. Personality plays a big part, maybe this is one of those cases. Internal favoritism with your peers is great, but dont think that is a valid reason to kick away another person's chance at a job they too are qualified for.

If you are equally qualified on paper like you said yall were, then just keep working on it and make yourself better qualified on paper There really isnt an argument of gender favoritism in your case that I can see.

Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear. We were equally qualified on paper, but I had more points in my favor besides the education/experience stuff. The manager liked that I knew the department, was familiar with their workings, and that I got along well with the other employees in the department. It was a big point during the interview.

It also was good that I was familiar with the company and had a history with it, and how things were run, basically.

So yes, we were equal on paper, but as far as being a better fit for it, the manager and the other members of the department felt I worked better there, rather than bringing in a total stranger they had no idea if they could work with or not. And in this instance he took his employee's opinions into consideration, and made a point to feel everyone out on how they felt about having me.

The ironic thing is that the other employees don't like him. They tell me he has a cocky attitude, and thinks he knows everything. He's still in his training, so I'm curious to find out how he'll be when he's on the phones trying to help agents with their problems.

I haven't gotten to meet him yet, though, so I can't really make a judgment on it. I just know the impression the rest of them have given me.

[ 12-02-2002: Message edited by: Lyinar Ka`Bael ]

Zaile Ghostmaker
You've gotta remember, I'm an EverQuest character.
posted 12-02-2002 07:16:30 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael thought about the meaning of life:
I haven't gotten to meet him yet, though, so I can't really make a judgment on it. I just know the impression the rest of them have given me.

When you meet him, kill him.

Presto, instant job opening.

I find that most problems can be solved by excessive violence.

It is held in thought
only by the understanding
of the Wind.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-02-2002 07:18:35 PM
*laughs*

I really miss the guy who was there before him. He's still a friend of mine, but we don't get to talk as much. I work with his roommate still and get updates.

I was sad that the position even opened up, actually, because I really really miss having him around.

DragonDart
Pancake
posted 12-02-2002 07:29:44 PM
quote:
Pesco's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Government / Business are like parents, Radical Equality Groups are like their whiny children.

The children cry and cry til their parents just give up and give them what they want. And if something happens that they dont like, the child just cries some more. :p

Yes, minority groups are just horribly whiny people that can't stand that their older brother got two scoops and they only got 1. Minority groups have a right to question the government when things aren't balanced. Our whole system is set up to allow the minoritys to fight being opressed by the majority. The majority may perceive that as being "needy," but really it's the only way to avoid being lost in the cracks.

I personally find it hilarious to hear straight, white, middle-class men talk about minority groups and how they should "just get over it" or that "there's really not that much difference." For some of us there's a huge difference. People in most companies can be fired because they are gay, because that isn't included in most non-discrimination clauses today. It isn't equal right now, and some people are actually trying to change that. You're right, what whiny babies they are.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: