EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Game Schedule - Year of the Landing
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-30-2004 03:59:12 PM
Due to the firing of an unreliable part-time employee in my department, we no longer have a person covering saturdays. Nothing is certain yet, and if I do start working saturdays, I would get a weekday off in exchange. The question is, if circumstances prevent me from running D&D on friday nights, when would each of you be available?
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 08-30-2004 05:39:42 PM
It can't run late if it's going to be on weekdays. I have classes and a job, basically, so that won't work. Also, Tuesdays won't work at all for me.
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 08-30-2004 08:17:08 PM
any time is good for me as far as I know =)
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-30-2004 09:37:25 PM
quote:
When they turned on the Infinite Improbability Drive, Drakkenmaw stammered,
It can't run late if it's going to be on weekdays. I have classes and a job, basically, so that won't work. Also, Tuesdays won't work at all for me.
So... what would work for you?
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 08-31-2004 08:58:17 AM
Weekdays don't work here for me, unless you're willing to make it for (from your perspective) really weird times.

Pvednes fucked around with this message on 08-31-2004 at 08:59 AM.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-31-2004 09:10:28 AM
quote:
`Doc really knows where their towel is...
So... what would work for you?
^^^^^

It'd really help to have time blocks. Put the days and times (US Eastern time preferred) that you can play. Include all times, whether or not you believe other people (including me) could play at those times. Telling me the times you can't play doesn't help, unless you can play at any time, day or night, which isn't specifically mentioned.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 08-31-2004 09:19:25 AM
quote:
`Doc enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
^^^^^

It'd really help to have time blocks. Put the days and times (US Eastern time preferred) that you can play. Include all times, whether or not you believe other people (including me) could play at those times. Telling me the times you can't play doesn't help, unless you can play at any time, day or night, which isn't specifically mentioned.

Probably somewhere from your 12am to 6am on wednesdays or mondays (of my perspective of wednesdays or mondays.) Or any time on the weekend, from my perspective.

Pvednes fucked around with this message on 08-31-2004 at 09:20 AM.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 08-31-2004 04:52:21 PM
I can probably play most anytime on the weekends.
Weeknights are okay too.
"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Reyolen
Wanders too much for a custom title
posted 08-31-2004 07:29:52 PM
I can't play Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays...Fridays won't always work anyway, because I have to attend football games (I'm in the band, heh.) Besides that...Basically, I'm free most friday nights, saturday after 12, sunday before 5:30. Weeknights would have to end around 10 or 11, and couldn't start before 3:30. It's not a flexible set of times, but I'm busy this year.
Drakkenmaw
posted 09-01-2004 12:41:22 PM
I can't play on Tuesdays or Wednesdays at all. I can't be up past 11 no matter what on weekdays, due to morning classes/work.

So... I'm free after 2:30 on Mondays, but will have a break of around an hour in there at 4ish. After that, available until 11. (Remember, these are CST.)

Can't do anything on Tuesday.

Can't do anything on Wednesday.

Thursday, free after 2:30 and available until 11.

Friday, obvious. Free at night.

And there you go.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-01-2004 08:30:13 PM
Wouldn't, couldn't, shouldn't, oy. Okay, let's see what we've got.

Ukko and Taylen are essentially flexible. Pved is, for all intents and purposes, friday morning through saturday night, as I don't plan to start the game at midnight on a weekday. Drakkenmaw is 6:30-midnight on Mondays, or 3:30-midnight on Thursdays, or 3:30 (you didn't say) and later on Fridays, with no weekends. Reyolen could play wednesday 3:30 (central?) to 11PM on Wednesdays and most Fridays, or saturdays starting at noon.

The biggest problem here is that Pved and Reyolen are essentially the polar opposite of Drakkenmaw, with the exception of Fridays. So, here's another scenario. If I took Fridays off on the weeks when I work Saturdays, I could schedule the game to start and end three hours earlier. That's a start time of 5PM and an end time between 10PM and 11PM, US Eastern time. Who could, or couldn't, attend for the entire duration?

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 09-01-2004 09:58:16 PM
Sond good to me =)
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-02-2004 08:05:12 AM
Rough...but I can do it.
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 09-02-2004 10:12:21 AM
So you like it rough eh?

Why in Bloody Hell do you Tell us THat?!?!

Huh, what? oh he meens to be there at the game... ah... oh...

Sorry, guess my mind was somewhere else for a second...

*blinks and runs away*

Drakkenmaw
posted 09-02-2004 10:12:26 AM
I'd have to bend my work schedule some, but I think it's possible. I'll just need to head in earlier to make up for the missed time.
Reyolen
posted 09-05-2004 05:25:20 PM
I could do that, unless there's a football game...at which time I would miss the whole thing. I can give you a schedule of all the games I have to perform in...hold on.

Sept 17, Sept 22 (might) be taken away...anything after that...I'm not sure, but I know I miss at least 2 Fridays in October.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-05-2004 11:11:29 PM
Sept 17th is Kat's week. Sept 22nd is a Wednesday. Can't say about later until you have specific dates.

Looks like everyone's okay with that. I'll bring it up at work, and will let everyone know if I lock in the schedule.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-06-2004 09:58:06 AM
Alright, schedule is locked in, at least for the time being. I know this is going to be a stretch for some of you, but unless my department finds someone to work Saturdays on a permanent basis, it's the best we've got.

Next session is this Friday, September 10th, at 5PM Eastern time. If you want to figure out how that compares to other times, check the timestamp of this post against the current time here. It is now 10AM on Monday, September 6th.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 09-06-2004 11:57:20 AM
noted: I'll be there!
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-10-2004 10:39:28 AM
Game starts in 6 hours 20 minutes.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 09-10-2004 10:54:41 AM
only 6?!?!

Damm! time fly's!, well, better start to get in the "Pair's" mantality!

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-10-2004 06:17:26 PM
Pved and Reyolen are late. We started with the three we have. I'll expect explanations later.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-11-2004 01:47:05 AM
Power failure screwed me over...how was it?
Taylen
Pancake
posted 09-11-2004 05:24:05 AM
Not bad, I talked to a tree, we moved the goblins some more.
Taylen Ashenbow
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-11-2004 12:50:41 PM
The session had its ups and downs; I'd say it went pretty well considering who showed up, and when. Sorry to hear about the power failure Pved, this just hasn't been your weekend.

It seems like most of you need to struggle for the 5 o'clock time. If it'll work better for everyone, I can move the start time to 6PM instead of 5PM, but games will still need to end around 10PM, so that I can wrap everything up and get enough sleep before work on Saturdays. Let me know if youall would rather have the later start time (6PM-10PM US ET) or the longer session (5PM-10PM US ET).

On a related note, I won't be able to run two weeks from now. Yom Kippur starts that Friday night, which means family time Friday evening and much of Saturday. I can't rotate schedules with Kat, because there's too much going on in the weeks before and afterward. So the next game, at whatever time everyone agrees to, will be in four weeks.

Drakkenmaw
posted 09-13-2004 09:49:07 AM
While I would prefer the longer game sessions, I think the later start time would probably be the best for me. I can make it at the earlier time, but it's a serious rush even if I leave work an hour and a half early.
Reyolen
posted 09-15-2004 10:40:41 PM
Sorry about being late...I completely forgot the new time. As for moving it from 5 to 6 (which would be 5 to me), I'm all for that. Gives me more time to get after school stuff finished. Seems like 4 hours should be enough most of the time.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-21-2004 08:26:26 AM
Just a reminder, no session this Friday due to Yom Kippur.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 10-04-2004 09:32:54 AM
Next session is scheduled for this Friday, October 8th, at 6PM US Eastern time. Don't be late, because we don't have a long enough session to wait for stragglers.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 10-04-2004 12:20:34 PM
I won't be able to make it this friday, have to pick my brother up from college for fall break.
Taylen Ashenbow
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 10-04-2004 04:42:04 PM
I`ll be there =)

just remeber to remeber me to remeber that it`s at 6 ^_<

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 10-09-2004 11:03:18 AM
Good session last night, for those who were able to attend. The group was still divided at the end of the session, so we'll need the beginning of next session to bring everyone back together.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 10-19-2004 08:31:50 AM
Game this Friday, at 6PM EST. Be there or be goblinized.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 10-25-2004 08:52:08 AM
Sorry about ending the session early this week. Turns out I had something really nasty, that hit me full tilt on Saturday morning.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-01-2004 02:46:36 PM
Next session will be this coming Friday, November 5th, at 6PM US Eastern time.

Remember, most of the US has just rolled back their clocks an hour. If your area doesn't change its clocks, or didn't last weekend, the game will start an hour later. If your region turned its clocks forward over the weekend, the game will start two hours later. If you're not sure, err on the side of caution, and show up early/on-time, rather than late/on-time.

`Doc fucked around with this message on 11-01-2004 at 02:46 PM.

Reyolen
posted 11-01-2004 09:14:54 PM
Sorry, I know I've been missing a lot, but my last football game for marching band is this week (it's senior night), and I can't miss it. Afraid I'll have to miss this session, but after this my Fridays are free.
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 11-05-2004 12:41:05 PM
I'll be there, 5:30 hours to go!
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-06-2004 01:13:15 AM
Technical difficulties, please stand by...
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 11-06-2004 10:58:41 AM
what happen this time =(
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-15-2004 09:28:31 AM
The next session is this coming Friday, November 19th, at 6PM Eastern time. The current time is 9:30AM on Monday 2004-11-15 (ymd). I expect everyone to be in attendance and on time. If you can't make it, say so in advance.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: