EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Chapter 3: Destindeterre
Janus Krug
Pancake
posted 02-02-2003 10:42:27 PM
Gavin slows down until he is beside Freya.

"Your friend seems to be moving rather slowly, is this normal for his kind?" he asks, concern in his voice as he steals looks back to the lizardman.

"And so I says to him, 'Look Mr. Necromancer, I don't care HOW many undead you have, if you don't get at least one horde of orcs, you are NOT a D&D villan.'"
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-02-2003 10:47:23 PM
She looks back at the lizard man then leads her gaze back to the front. "I do not know." She says in common. "I have not... met him forrr long." She sighs out , restless from being near more strangers, and moreso from having to go into a city.

"Some have... innerrr wounds..."

Her voice was low as she spoke again. Who she ment, uncertian.

Ukko The Popa Bear
Pancake
posted 02-02-2003 11:14:32 PM
Barry smiles at the elf and says, "Say please."
He then walks by the elf in the direction wanted as he makes a big giggle, joyful, because he knows that all prisoners will get food at some point.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-03-2003 05:02:55 AM
Saeessira flies quickly after the rest...

HEYYY!!! Dont leave me behiiiinnddddddd!

She then looks to Ithar, to make sure he is with her...

"Ithar, it looks like there is much fun to be had here in this city of elves...Just gotta be a bit careful...we dont wanna get in TOO much trouble..."

Saeessira then chuckles out loud, though not too loudly...

[ 02-03-2003: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-03-2003 02:34:11 PM
Reyolen

As you walk through the winding paths of Destindeterre's first tier, you find that much has changed, even though the layout of the city itself feels familiar. New paths and buildings have grown, some in haste it seems, since you were last here. Small leaf-covered domes litter the edges of once-wide walkways, with mossy curtains for doors. The older buildings appear as you remember them; stout yet elaborate bark-skinned buildings, grown from enchanted branches into great homes of wood and leaf. Each of these homes appears large and comfortable, with walls of nettled branches entwined around vertical branches, like supports running between the roof-branches and the great limbs beneath them. Each has several rooms to comfortably accommodate an elven family. Your mind wanders briefly back to the ever-flowing rainshower of your own childhood home, reminding you how long it has been since you bathed. Even in Vista, the public baths offered a relief from the toils of your work.

Taylen answers with a brief nod, and says nothing further for the remainder of the trip. He walks beside you, still carrying the captured orc armor against his shoulder. Your trip to Destindeterre was a long one, and despite the group's brief rest outside the gate, the weight of the armor seems to slowly be wearing him down. He could probably go a while longer if he had to, though, as the weight of his gear seems less of a burden to him than it would be on your own shoulders. Jean and Aust lag a bit behind, Aust seemingly distracted by the scenery, while Jean makes a show of himself by darting about along the trail, climbing up onto one or two of the small domes to shout, "Ha!" then hop down again. Some of the children about the place giggle at his exuberance, only encouraging him further. Saeessira hovers overhead, also giggling to herself, though you cannot tell if she has focused her attention on Jean or on something else.

A few elves wander about, mostly women with children, some tree tenders, and a few folk armed with bows. Other than the children, no one pays much mind to your group, giving you a wide enough berth to stay out of sword's reach. Elysia leads you and your companions to the center of the city, where the three winding ramps rise to the higher tiers, coiled around a great trunk many paces across. This at least appears no different from how you remember it. As you ascend, you have an opportunity to survey the entire first level. The city reaches out in all directions, beyond its three entrances. Small domes make up most of the outlying buildings.

The second level holds a more familiar appearance. Small shops surround the spire ramps, vending all sorts of food and goods. Some even look like the shops from Vista, selling exotic spices and clothes, and other such comforts of the human cities. Elysia leads you all past a few shops, to the doors of one of the town's meeting halls. Two sword-bearing elves stand outside the open archway. "I have to leave you here for now," Elysia tells you and Taylen. "Take your friends inside, the elders will arrive soon, if they have not come already."

Falaanla

Ithar sits quietly in your pouch. You feel him fidget a few times, but otherwise he stays quiet. It's hard to tell, but occasionally it sounds like he hiccups.

As you hover over the heads of your companions, you soon take in the full view of the Elven city. The last time you saw this many people gathered together in one place, you were only a child, here in town for a festival. Homes with walls fill the trees, and you could probably walk along the entwined branches if flying were not so much easier. Women and children wander about, and your own halfling companion appears to draw quite a few of their eyes in your direction. The children giggle at his antics, and even a few of their mothers pause to smile before scooting them along.

Even from far off, you can see a single thick spire near the center of the city, reaching up into the level above. An ambient glow of light from the buildings above you makes looking beyond that difficult on your eyes. You might be able to separate from the group if you wished, but where would you go? You have only a vague memory of this place from your childhood visits.

Eventually the group makes its way to the spire, and begins climbing its way up the ramps. This part proves easy for you, as climbing with wings doesn't feel any different than hovering. You get to the top long before your companions, and get an early look at the numerous shops surrounding the ramps. Anything you could ever want, you could probably find here. Fine woven garments, foods and supplies, all in one place. Elves wander about the shops, and even a few other folk appear here and there. You almost don't notice your companions heading past the shops to a larger building nearby.

Janus Krug, Aanile, Drakkenmaw

After a few moment's walking, you come to a clearing in the woods. Wisps of a trail gather near its eastern edge, though you can see no paths in any other direction. The six elves gather together and converse as a group near the center of the clearing. A moment later, the three others walk up, towing behind them what might be the largest human any of you have ever seen. His height rivals that of the lizardman in your group, and judging by the axes one of the elves carries, he makes full use of his heavily muscled build.

Ukko

Velmoor sighs, and walks along beside you. Your long legs give you an advantage over their kind, and you soon catch up to the others. The one carrying your weapons appears somewhat concerned, glancing up at you from the side of his eye, but the woman walks along merrily in front of the group. Before long you come to a clearing, where several others appear to be waiting. Several elves stand in a group in the center. You also spot a fellin and a human, the latter clad in decorated gear with a large shield at his side. A third creature, whose like you have seen only in Barrier City, and even then only rarely, stands near the edge of the clearing, clad only in a large cloak.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 02-04-2003 06:34:40 AM
Tania runs her fingers through her hair once again, as she follows her in, and softly smiles, "Thank you again.." Her eyes flicker to her spellbook momentarily, and she leans gently against the wall of Ralora's home.

Need a bit of reinforcement from it, at least, before I make a proper start to the day... Oh well, either way, I'm a long way in miss Ralora's debt.. she's very kind.

Reyolen
Wanders too much for a custom title
posted 02-04-2003 07:51:18 PM
ic: Silvan glares back at the rest of the group for a second, saying in a soft, but threatening tone, "Mind your manners while we're in the company of the elders. In fact, it would be wise for you non-elves to just keep your mouths closed." He turns back toward the door and says as he enters, "Let's go."
Janus Krug
Pancake
posted 02-04-2003 08:38:42 PM
"Light, he's a big one. Is he another guest?" Gavin asks of Lorin, not entirely sure of how to react to this turn of events.
"And so I says to him, 'Look Mr. Necromancer, I don't care HOW many undead you have, if you don't get at least one horde of orcs, you are NOT a D&D villan.'"
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-05-2003 12:18:31 AM
Saeessira snickers as Silvan decides to tell the others, including herself, what is best for them...

Would be wise for ya to keep your mouth shut now too, Mr High and Mighty.

Sae mockingly bows to Silvan

All Hail Lord Silvan! Lord and Master over all that there is to know and be known! We should all be so lucky to be as wonderful as he!

She then starts to just laugh uncontrollably as she follows the rest...

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-05-2003 12:48:51 PM
With a slight blink, Freya looks the new arrivle over some. "They find, much, in the woods this day." She mutters to herself in her native tongue, not really caring who hears her.
Ukko The Popa Bear
Pancake
posted 02-05-2003 02:08:51 PM
Before stepping in to the clearing, Barry presses his back to a tree to scratch it, taking this moment to think. "Must be rest the patrol or something," he tells him self quietly. "Then they must be getting ready to move to the town... I'd better make things move faster..."

He then looks at the elf holding his rope, giving him the look of, "Are you tied to me or I to you?" and walks with large steps to the rest of the people. "Que de joie, now everyone back togeter, you people mind gething move on? Some of us do have things to do, like save his wife and child." With a gentle smile, he looks down to the female elf and says, "I am not one to pressure, mais sait que, I would really like to get things moving, i have been on the road too long."

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-06-2003 10:53:50 PM
Pvednes

Ralora takes another moment to fill the bowl, then lets the mossy curtain fall over the alcove again. Taking her cane, she walks over to where you had slept on top of Boltat, and sets the bowl down carefully on the floor. "There, that should do nicely," she half-humms to herself, just barely loud enough for you to hear, then steps over to the shelves. She begins fishing around on the top shelf with her free hand, "Ah, here we are. I hope these will suffice. The city doesn't see so much trade these days as we once did, and I'm getting too old to walk all the way to the eastlands just for a trinket or two." As she draws her hand down again, Ralora grasps a ragged old brush, and a small metal comb covered in strands of orange fur.

Ukko

Scratching your back through leather armor proves somewhat complicated, though it really doesn't matter, because your back didn't itch anyway. It does provide a bit of relief to your shoulders, which have been pulled into a somewhat awkward position by the rope binding your wrists. The other two elves join their companions near the center of camp, while Velmoor hangs back with you. It seems Velmoor hears your muttered comment, because he answers, "You better not try anything foolish. We will move when we... hey!" You pull him along for a step as you begin to move again, before he comes up next to you.

Most of the others are speaking among themselves during your approach. As you get close, three of them move off towards the far edge of the clearing, leaving Rilanna as the only female still there to greet you. She continues talking with one of the others for a moment, speaking quickly in a jumble of familiar-sounding words that you can't quite make out. Then she turns, and answers your comment, "Your kind often seek haste, large one. But you must learn that all things move in their own time. I suggest you find a comfortable place to sit. The wait could be short or long, but it is not in our hands."

Janus Krug

"I am not certain," Lorin answers you, then turns to the arriving elves as they approach. The three of them begin to speak amongst themselves, and a few of the other elves soon join into the conversation as well. They continue to chat hurriedly until the large human walks up, arms bound with a rope, and with the nineth elf at his side. The two female elves who had remained with you step away several paces, along with the male who had been chatting with them in the smaller clearing where you met the fellin and the larger tan-scaled creature.

Aanile

As two of the three elves approach your group of six, they quickly strike up a conversation in the Elven tongue, ignoring your comment. "Is that what you were after?" one of them asks of the arrivals. "We were not after him, but we found him," the woman responds, glancing back briefly at her companion and the large human. "He looks as big as the dark one," one of the other female elves comments, joining the conversation. The returned male answers, "The dark one can no more be judged by his size than a leaf by its color. He takes whatever size suits him." "Do you think he could be..." "Not likely," the woman replies, "he did not resist when we found him, and I do not hear the dark one's anger in his voice. Nonetheless, we have taken precautions." "I think we should keep our distance, just in case," one of the males responds. He steps away with the two women as the ninth elf and the large man approach.

"Que de joie, now everyone back togeter, you people mind gething move on? Some of us do have things to do, like save his wife and child," the large man responds, his use of the Common tongue nearly as rough as your own. "I am not one to pressure, mais sait que, I would really like to get things moving, I have been on the road too long."

The elven woman who arrived with him turns to answer, also in Common. Her voice is calm and elegant, and she looks up at the behemoth of a man with a serene expression, "Your kind often seek haste, large one. But you must learn that all things move in their own time. I suggest you find a comfortable place to sit. The wait could be short or long, but it is not in our hands."

Reyolen, Falaanla

The others all enter with you, as the two door guards let you pass into the conference hall. Inside, rows of entwined vines form benches in a ring, leading down towards an open area near the center of the single large room. Several long balconies hang overhead, ringing the edge of the room, with branches jutting out from the walls forming ladders that the average elf could climb with ease.

All about the room, people of various races mill about, chatting with each other or sitting by themselves... humans, elves, fellis, gnomes, halflings, and even a dwarf or two show up among the crowd. Beneath one of the balconies, three lizardfolk lean on matching metal shields, with halberds set against the wall beside them. A daysprite man hangs from one of the nearby balconies by his calves, with his arms crossed, watching something intently with a smirk on his face. In all, more than four dozen individuals have spread themselves throughout the room.

At the entrance, Jean hesitates. He looks around casually for a moment, then frowns. "Well, this looks like a lovely place, and I am truly looking forward to meeting the elders. But alas, I promised a fair maiden that I would meet her at the tavern, and I would hate to let her down..." one of the guards stares at him, but before he can react, Jean bolts out the door. The guard quickly gathers his wits, and puts two fingers between his lips, and blows, letting out a high-pitched whistle. Two other elves run by outside, with swords drawn.

Aust turns to follow Jean, but stops when Taylen's free hand lands on his shoulder. "This is neither the time nor the place," Taylen says calmly. "We must first speak with the elders. At the least, they may tell us why the affairs of the Elven city have come to be as they are." Aust sighs, and follows Taylen down towards the center of the room.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 02-07-2003 12:36:39 AM
Drakkenclaw listens to the exchange between the new human arrival and the elves with little interest. Upon hearing the call to wait, he turns and walks to the edge of the path... trudging to a nearby tree, under which he sits crosslegged.

He takes one of the fallen leaves from the forest floor, absentmindedly poking holes through it with a claw. He seems deep in contemplation... but again, he seems merely struck without thought by sadness. Whatever has command of his actions commands them fully, however, as he does not even appear to notice the conversation around him.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 02-07-2003 04:04:47 PM
Taylen truely hopes Jean doesn't do anything too foolish, but knows they will be unable to do anything useful to help him currently.

(I am back now)

"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Ukko The Popa Bear
Pancake
posted 02-08-2003 06:37:49 PM
Barry turns around, and says, "Anyone got water, s'il vous plait?" His tone is calm, despite his booming voice.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-09-2003 12:38:30 AM
ooc:
Good to have you back, Taylen. I'll give you a bit of a recap so you know where you are. You can also use the descriptions given to Reyolen for a physical layout of the area. This post covers your actions during your time as an NPC only.
Taylen

As you walked through the city's lower tier and up through the marketplace, you got the distinct sense of something missing. For the moment, though, you could not place it. You continued to carry the orc's armor on your shoulder, with the four crates of climbing gear inside. Most eyes that turned towards you or your companions found their way onto Jean, up to the point when he inexplicably runs off.

Inside the large guarded building, you found more than you expected. Scores of people from all races have gathered in disarray. They run the gambit of both age and race. Most carry a miscellary of provisions and personal belongings, and a few bare symbols matching the ones you saw on crates back in the orc camp. One fellin man near the center of the ring appeared familiar, and asking him about recent events seemed as good a place to start as any. He wears simple cloth garb, including a worn cloak, and walks without footware as is often the way of their kind. Aust follows along at your side.

Ukko

Rilanna frowns, "I am afraid we used most of our supplies already. We expected to make better time along the road." "I believe I have enough water left to tide you over," Velmoor comments from behind you. "You may have it, but you will need to sit down first."

[ 02-09-2003: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-09-2003 01:20:12 AM
Freya lets out a quiet sigh, trying not to show her discomfort around the strangers. She turns to her owl friend, lightly stroking her fingers through Twin Moon's feathers. She listens to the conversation, taking notes on certian things.

"Darrk one...?" She muses over, out loud but in a soft voice, and in elvish.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 02-09-2003 02:24:15 AM
Taylen walks over by the Fellin male and says quietly in sylvan "Excuse me sir, but I was wondering whats been going on in Destindeterre lately. I have been away from the city for quite awhile, and it seems much changed from the way I remember it."
Taylen Ashenbow
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-09-2003 04:51:04 PM
Aanile

Several of the elves turn their eyes towards you at your question. They glance back and forth between each other, until finally all their eyes fall on the female who entered with the large captive. She glances at her two companions, then nods to one of the other elves. "You may tell her, Lorin, but reserve your words," she says in the Elven tongue.

The elf she speaks to, the same elf who spoke with Drakkenclaw and the human after she and her two comrades departed, now turns to you. "The dark one leads those creatures which attacked you and your friend. There is more to him than the bare eye sees. You are fortunate to still be among the living. If you wish, we shall speak more of it later."

Taylen

The fellin turns towards you, and looks at your face for a moment with a blank expression. "Do I know you?" he asks hesitantly in Sylvan, looking you up and down. "You look familiar. Have you ever been to Trana Kayle?" Though you do not recognize the name, it does have the same sort of vague familiarity that the fellin himself has.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 02-10-2003 12:05:44 AM
Taylen wrinkles his brow in thought, "I don't think so, the name seems familier though, as do you."
Taylen Ashenbow
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 02-10-2003 04:29:19 AM
Tania raises an eyebrow, "Very little trade?" she says, twirling a lock of hair in her fingers, and looks back up, "Hrmmm, any particular reason for this?" As she runs the feasability of running the trade route again, she shudders softly at the thought of the attack, and the days of walking.

Eying the comb and brush, she thinks to herself, Well, I suppose there's always others to do THAT particular part. And if everyone here feels similarly about searching elsewhere for trinkets, there might be a bit of profit there. Maybe when I get back on my feet. "Thanks again", she smiles, holding out her hand, running her thumb gently over her palm thoughtfully.

Ukko The Popa Bear
Pancake
posted 02-11-2003 11:23:16 PM
Barry takes a quick look behind him, before bending his knees and letting gravity take hold of him. Once he is sitting, he tells the elf,
"You'll have to feed my like a baby," he giggles, "Mais, don't worry, I don't think you will have to change my dipper any time soon."
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-11-2003 11:40:22 PM
Taylen

Aust shrugs, "Doesn't ring a bell. Taylen, I'm going to get a better view." He wanders off towards one edge of the large room, glancing at the faces of the people he passes on his way. The fellin watches Aust depart, then turns back to you. "Your name is Taylen?" he asks, now speaking in Elven. "No, that does not sound familiar. I am known as Simfor, son of Hyvia. Trana Kayle has been my home since I left the clan of my family. The Hanalora wanted to move north, but I chose to stay behind. Perhaps I should have gone with them after all." The stranger manages a weak smile, "With all the attacks, many folk have fled to the shelter of the Elven city. Perhaps I just hoped to find a familiar voice."

Though his own name does not sound familiar, Simfor's clan name strikes a chord. You have definitely heard it before, in conversations with your fellin companion. You notice the pair of dark fur streaks running down his muzzle from the inside corners of his eyes. His markings, or at least those you can see, bare a strong resemblance to Freya's.

Pvednes

Ralora sets the comb and brush gently in your hand. She looks up a moment at the roof of her home, and speaks slowly without catching your eyes, "The forests are troubled of late. Old perils have come anew, and many find the roads too dangerous to travel. But I shall speak no more of that for now. That story I shall let the elders tell, as they have far more talent for it than I."

Ukko

Velmoor chuckles, as does Celbarin. "Now that is an image," the latter laughs, your axes jostling in his grasp. "If you were truely a baby, your father would tower over the trees themselves. Now that would be a sight to behold!" He sets your axes down on the ground in a pile, save for the largest, which he stands on the end of its handle, and leans his forearms on the flat nest of metal between the axe's two cutting edges.

Velmoor lifts the strap of his waterskin off his shoulder, and removes the stopper. "Take a deep breath," he says, "then lean your head back. A man of your size should take what remains in a single breath, I expect." He sets the edge of the waterskin to your lower lip, and gently begins to tip it towards you.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 02-12-2003 12:22:33 AM
Taylen looks thoughtful for a moment then asks the fellin, "Would you prehaps know Freya, she is my companion, and a fellin who looks somewhat similar to yourself, and I believe she has mentioned your clan before."
Taylen Ashenbow
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-12-2003 12:57:32 PM
Sae notices the other daysprite here in the room, and after looking around, noticing the rest of the goings on in the room, flies up to him...

Soooooooo...whatcha doin up here? Whats goin on in here anyway?

Janus Krug
Pancake
posted 02-12-2003 06:27:59 PM
Chuckling at the joke told by the big man, Gavin takes a seat under a different tree from the lizardman, enjoying what little sun comes through the trees.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-12-2003 10:14:16 PM
Taylen

The fellin hardly lets you finish your statement. Clasping his hands on your shoulders, he asks excitedly, "You know of Freya? Is she well? Please, you must tell me!"

Falaanla

The daysprite man appears hardly older than yourself. He yawns as he looks over to you, stretching out his arms. "This place is so boring!" he complains. "I wish they'd hurry up already. I've been here for two hours already. Two hours! It took less than two hours to get here. All I want is to take a little stroll around, maybe browse the shops. Is that so wrong? Come on, I can't wait around like this forever. The most interesting thing in the whole place is that halfling girl tying everybody's bootlaces together." With a slight sigh, he returns to staring into the crowd.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-13-2003 12:05:29 AM
She mulls over what the elf says, then goes back to entertaining her owl friend. Not wanting the press matters anymore.

Freya watches the care for the large newcomer and only smirks slightly at the antics.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-13-2003 04:32:16 PM
I've just gotten here myself too...

So, just what are you waiting for?

Sae then shakes her head

Sorry, I've not even introduced myself. Name is Saeessira.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-13-2003 08:47:33 PM
ooc:
Reyolen? You there?
Aanile

Twin moon hoots, and nibbles playfully at your wrist, ruffling the fur. She takes a step up your arm. The sun has set, and a few insects begin their evening symphony. A small drop of water falls on your nose.

Falaanla

"Relmido," he says, continuing to watch the crowd, and still hanging by his calves from the balcony. "When they finally let us out of here, you want to join me for some elven food?" You feel your shoulder bag jostle slightly, and it makes quiet rustling noises.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-13-2003 10:10:47 PM
Frey scrunches her nose as the water drops onto it. She looks up to see what caused it, while still finger playing with Twin's beak.
Ukko The Popa Bear
Pancake
posted 02-13-2003 11:39:20 PM
With out making a fuss, Barry drinks just enough to rinse the dry taste in his mouth. As he lets his muscles relax, memories make his face grin. He then sighs and bows his head, looking at the grass.
"You patrol this land alot?" he asks the elf. "I use to be the only lumberjack living in the woods, with my wife and my son. I do not think you know where my son could be, but my wife... she always wondered in the woods."
"She looks like her a bit," he nods in the direction of one the female elves
"But taller, less pointy ears. Stronger probably, but breasts smaller. Her hair is like the sand and wild like the wind. She has our wedding ring on a chain on her neck" he smiles at the sky "And earrings made out of the finess wood."
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-14-2003 04:16:41 AM
Sae grins

Sure, I'd love to join you. I think Ithar may like to join us...

As she mentions Ithar, she points towards her shoulder bag

My familiar, Ithar, that is. If I didnt keep him in here, he would go crazy, and I'd never be able to find him...

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 02-14-2003 06:36:55 AM
Running her fingers through her hair, Tania slowly and gently starts to comb through her hair, peering at the orange hair in the brush.

"Shan't be a moment.."

After combing her hair gently, taking mind not to damage the strands, she picks out as much of the orange fur from the brush as she can, then carefully brushes her hair, untill it looks as soft as hair unwashed for a couple of days can.

She smiles at Ralora, "That's much better... I'd say I'm ready to meet these elders, thanks again. Shall we?" She says, holding out the comb and brush, which has a couple of golden strands of hair, joining the remaining fur.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-14-2003 10:09:22 PM
Aanile, Ukko, Drakkenmaw, Janus Krug

The elves glance between each other once again, with varied expressions. Though none of them speak aloud, one of the women from the separated group whispers something in the other's ear, followed by giggles from each of them. A few more drops of water fall, rustling the short grasses of the clearing.

Then, seemingly from nowhere, a male voice calls out, "What good souls seek the Elvenland?" The voice rings clearly through the forest, and all at once the elves pause. The woman who returned with the large man in tow now exchanges glances with Lorin, and both nod in silent agreement. Lorin speaks towards the overhanging tree branches, "Thrice three kinsfolk of the hunt come forth, bearing news from the eastlands."

"And what of the others with you?" the voice calls out. Lorin answers, "The human in Shining One's garb has come with us from the east. As for the others, they speak for themselves." He looks at each of you in turn, and for the moment, speaks no further. The others remain silent.

Falaanla

"Your familiar?" the daysprite asks, not turning toward you. He has raised his eyebrows, though from your perspective they appear lower rather than higher. "That would make you a spellweaver, right? Say, howsabout we have a little fun with this lot, liven this place up a bit."

Pvednes

Ralora nods, and takes the brush and comb back from you. As she walks towards the shelves, she says to you, "If you consider any of these things important, you may wish to bring them along. Though you would not need to worry under different circumstances, you are not the only new visitor to our city." She sets the comb and brush back on the top shelf, then heads for the entryway. You can hear the muffled sounds of a female voice, along with deep rumbling grunts, coming from outside.

Reyolen
Wanders too much for a custom title
posted 02-14-2003 10:42:44 PM
ic: Silvan ignores the doings of the others in his party and scans the room for the elders and for people he recognizes.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-14-2003 11:04:50 PM
Freya stands. She looks about, judging were the voice has come from. Speaking out in elvish she moves her head slightly, still scanning the area. "I have come with otherrrs. But have went my own way. I now wish to rrrejoin my parrty who I assume have been aloud in." She pauses for a moment. "Fourr elves, a daysprrite and a hafling."
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-14-2003 11:19:11 PM
Reyolen

Scanning the room, you do not see any sign of the elders. In fact, you do not recognize any of the faces you can make out from the doorway. You do, however, recognize the garb worn by a scattered few individuals from the popular style in Vista.

Aanile

After a few brief seconds of silence, the voice responds, "There are no celebrations in the city this evening. If your friends came for a party, it is likely they have turned back from whence they came."

Ukko The Popa Bear
Pancake
posted 02-14-2003 11:34:27 PM
With out gething up, he shouted:

"Bien moi, I'm surching the Lands for my Son and my Wife. I'm a fine Lumberjack from the North of your woods, and was pointed here to your Fine city, s'il vous plait."

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-14-2003 11:35:03 PM
Aye, that would make me one, a Sorceress to be exact...

And as for having a little fun? Its nice to finally find someone that speaks my language! Just what did you...have in mind?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: