EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Gentle reminder about Sunday's raids
diadem
eet bugz
posted 07-11-2019 08:35:29 AM
Gentle reminder that the first wave of raids starts on Sunday. While the total target count is one million individuals, the first wave should only grab a few thousand people (mainly families).

Still, this is the first wave of a massive national operation so there are bounds to be fuck ups. Remember they already nabbed one of my friend's grandparents since he was the only Latino in a crowd. He was a US citizen, but didn't have his passport on him and was taken away for a little while on account of his inability to prove it.

That brings me to the point of this post. If you fit a profile to be hit as a target of opportunity (which is encouraged with this Sunday's raid) and are in a major city that may be raided, remember to
1) Keep your documents on you to prove you are legally here
2) Make sure your friends and family have an electronic copy of your documents on the cloud that are easily accessible

While we'll all probably be fine, taking that extra step in case something does happen won't hurt.

Edit: Update - looks like my timeline was off.

Response from one of my friends in the DC area:

quote:
Raids like this have happened in my neighborhood at least twice now. They just detain anybody on the street who they "suspect."

diadem fucked around with this message on 07-11-2019 at 09:30 AM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-11-2019 01:41:25 PM
... what?
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-11-2019 09:15:17 PM
quote:
Mortious - Mortious = 0:
... what?

Our president is all sorts of fucked up.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 07-12-2019 12:44:54 PM
It's time to slay the dragon!
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 07-12-2019 03:55:40 PM
quote:
Blindy. was listening to Cher while typing:
Our president is all sorts of fucked up.

The good news is that they are aware of opportunity for improvement in regards to certain behaviors and as well as oppretunities for improvement in regards to the state of some camps.

diadem fucked around with this message on 07-12-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-12-2019 06:50:37 PM
No. Really. Raids?

Mortious fucked around with this message on 07-12-2019 at 06:50 PM.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 07-12-2019 08:20:42 PM
quote:
This one time, at Mortious camp:
No. Really. Raids?

Here's some more context for the current raids.

Note that taking responsibility for the children is a huge step up, as the previous missions had family separation as a common theme.

The problem is that there is such a focus on brutality towards illegales that the concept of protecting citizens, vacationers, and legal immigrants seems to have become, in my opinion, an afterthought. For example, my wife recently got another masters degree from Harvard. To the best of my knowledge, of her entire graduating class, she is the only non-American who is still allowed to stay in the US. It's costing us a ridiculous amount in legal fees to keep it that way on account of paperwork errors, properly responding to extortion threats, etc.

While there is a lot of rage from the general public towards those responsible, they really just seem undertrained (especially in rule of law), overstressed, and understaffed.

diadem fucked around with this message on 07-13-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-15-2019 01:54:17 PM
Um, the cruelty is the point. The inhuman living conditions are the point. The physical and sexual abuse are the point. The concentration camps are the point. They are the end, not the means. This is what our President's base wants to happen, and he has delivered.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: