EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: My new (Not actual) baby,
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 06-18-2019 02:20:23 PM
https://i.ibb.co/Dw6QxNj/58656826-2448602365190705-6748252370662064128-o.jpg[/IMG]]Image tags are hard for me.

I'm in love. Anyone on the fence about getting a Tesla, do yourself a favor and take a test drive!

Rodent King fucked around with this message on 06-18-2019 at 02:25 PM.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-19-2019 07:04:28 AM
EDIT: Bloody hell, the forum hates that link as a picture.

Here: CLICK ME

Also, nice car.

I'm driving around in a 1999 Range Rover P38 that's falling to bits. But I do get to bully all the tiny British cars off the road.

Mortious fucked around with this message on 06-19-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Addy
posted 06-19-2019 01:12:16 PM
Congrats! We are holding out for the Y in a couple years ourselves
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 06-20-2019 08:57:03 AM
I just bought a ford explorer because kids take up too much space.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 06-20-2019 12:30:45 PM
I was thinking about getting the 3. But I'd want the high-end one, so that's what, 50 grand before incentives?

Also, it's nice not having a car payment.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 06-26-2019 03:56:33 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about the Spice Girls:
EDIT: Bloody hell, the forum hates that link as a picture.

Yeah, had a devil of a time with putting it on here. Do you have issues parking a range rover? Or just crush anything sitting in the parking spaces?

Addy! It's a game-changer, you're gonna love your Y! What addons are you considering? Hopefully they'll have enhanced summon or better autopilot by the time you get yours! Also, want a referral code for free super-charging miles?

Yeah, Karn. There's a huge price difference between the bare-bones Model 3 and the top-end Performance version. Then add on extras like the color, adding Full-self-driving, fancy wheels, etc.

The surprising thing is: Cost comparisons over 5 years show the cost of owning a bare-bones Model 3 much cheaper than a Civic, Accord, Camry or Corolla depending on current gas and expected maintenance prices. (Teslas don't need oil changes, belts and all sorts of traditional engine parts that can break down. Heck, with the regenerative braking; even their brake pads last so much longer than other cars!)

Anyway, I'm clearly biased due to my love of this car. Sometimes I'll get a software update and it's a little better the next morning!

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-27-2019 05:18:00 PM
quote:
Rodent King said:
Do you have issues parking a range rover? Or just crush anything sitting in the parking spaces?

Most modern spaces are large enough, only have problems in traditional little town car parks. Previous owner removed the notoriously unreliable air suspension and converted it to springs so it's more tall than anything else. Makes it easy to spot in a car park at least, but body roll is hilarious. I have it for work, it's a great works vehicle, the diesel engine is slow as hell but pulls trailers like an absolute train.

I have a Supra for fun.

Addy
posted 07-01-2019 04:54:28 PM
quote:
Rodent King's account was hax0red to write:
Yeah, had a devil of a time with putting it on here. Do you have issues parking a range rover? Or just crush anything sitting in the parking spaces?

Addy! It's a game-changer, you're gonna love your Y! What addons are you considering? Hopefully they'll have enhanced summon or better autopilot by the time you get yours! Also, want a referral code for free super-charging miles?

Yeah, Karn. There's a huge price difference between the bare-bones Model 3 and the top-end Performance version. Then add on extras like the color, adding Full-self-driving, fancy wheels, etc.

The surprising thing is: Cost comparisons over 5 years show the cost of owning a bare-bones Model 3 much cheaper than a Civic, Accord, Camry or Corolla depending on current gas and expected maintenance prices. (Teslas don't need oil changes, belts and all sorts of traditional engine parts that can break down. Heck, with the regenerative braking; even their brake pads last so much longer than other cars!)

Anyway, I'm clearly biased due to my love of this car. Sometimes I'll get a software update and it's a little better the next morning!

Oh man, we wouldn't order until 2021 and my cousin would shoot me if we didn't use his code. We are considering LR all wheel just because our families live in the northern states - this vehicle would cut down on some airfare for us. I would stick with the aero wheels for a smoother ride (prone to migraines) and probably do either blue or pearl exterior and white interior. Obviously that can change in two years. I don't know if we would do full self driving just because of where we live but again, never know what it looks like down the road :-)

Addy fucked around with this message on 07-01-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 07-09-2019 01:22:46 PM
Heh, funny. I just got a new car too last month.

I had to support my local mom & pop car factory*.

Next car is gonna be electric(, and hopefully fully autonomous). Right now I would not have a place to charge it.

*Global mega corporation.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 07-09-2019 at 01:26 PM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-09-2019 08:03:28 PM
I wish Mercs still had the stand up grill badges.

I mean, I know why they're not allowed now. They kill people in a collision or get constantly stolen.

But still, I miss little things like that.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-11-2019 11:48:12 AM
Funny enough, that stuff I said about the Tesla being all expensive and stuff? I was taking my wife's truck in for a service and I saw the new Tacoma TRD Pro. Almost bought it right then and there, and the sticker price was almost 50K. And that gets 18MPG.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Addy
posted 07-12-2019 02:12:02 AM
Yeah it is worth it if you can pay the upfront costs and live in a warmer climate state. Still worth it in a colder climate but slightly more tedious with charging... just need to have a plan for road trips on -30 degree days. Tesla is the way to go even with Musk and his craziness. VW will have their Crozz in 2020 which we will probably at least check out, but it is hard to beat the network of chargers that Tesla built and is still building out.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 07-16-2019 06:42:13 PM
I had a 3 preordered after waiting in line in person on day 1 to reserve it. Then after waiting 2 years and being told I'd have to wait ANOTHER 6+ months, I got it refunded and bought a Sierra to help haul stuff for our new house (got relocated to OKC 18 months ago).

Now the Sierra is a Dodge Grand Caravan to haul our family + dogs.

And in about 3 years, I'm eyeballing that Subaru Crosstrek.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-18-2019 08:49:59 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Bajah all over myself!
I had a 3 preordered after waiting in line in person on day 1 to reserve it. Then after waiting 2 years and being told I'd have to wait ANOTHER 6+ months, I got it refunded and bought a Sierra to help haul stuff for our new house (got relocated to OKC 18 months ago).

Now the Sierra is a Dodge Grand Caravan to haul our family + dogs.

And in about 3 years, I'm eyeballing that Subaru Crosstrek.

I wonder if there are any pre-order folks still waiting. I mean, I'm starting to see a lot of 3's on the road now, so I'd guess that everyone who stuck with the pre-order has theirs by now.

Beer.

nem-x
posted 07-19-2019 01:19:10 AM
i too support the german overlords

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-19-2019 03:18:17 AM
Fun fact; speaking as a professional mechanic with his own business, german cars are some of the worst designed pieces of tat I've ever worked on. For example; modern MINI's, while lovely to drive and own, have caused me no end of bruises, new curse words, and having to remove a gearbox just to access the drive shafts. Whenever someone brings a german car in to the workshop, I die a little more inside. I rebuilt a 1972 Alfa Romeo GT Veloce from the ground up and that was easier and more fun than anything I've done on a BMW/Merc/Audi (honestly they're all the same bloody thing, you just pay for the badge).
Greenlit
posted 07-28-2019 09:32:06 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Fun fact; speaking as a professional mechanic with his own business, german cars are some of the worst designed pieces of tat I've ever worked on. For example; modern MINI's, while lovely to drive and own, have caused me no end of bruises, new curse words, and having to remove a gearbox just to access the drive shafts. Whenever someone brings a german car in to the workshop, I die a little more inside. I rebuilt a 1972 Alfa Romeo GT Veloce from the ground up and that was easier and more fun than anything I've done on a BMW/Merc/Audi (honestly they're all the same bloody thing, you just pay for the badge).

fix my jetta's transmission

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 08-02-2019 08:06:06 AM
quote:
This is what Karnaj is doing. This is what I want Karnaj to do:
I wonder if there are any pre-order folks still waiting. I mean, I'm starting to see a lot of 3's on the road now, so I'd guess that everyone who stuck with the pre-order has theirs by now.

They were telling me I'd have gotten it by May of last year if I wanted the fully loaded version, or "later in the year" for small upgrades/base model (Aug/Sept range). So I presume from there that all preorders are filled by now. If not, that's some shit.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-12-2019 11:10:54 AM
So I decided to bin the RR P38, it's too slow and is starting to become dangerously unreliable.

Replaced it with a RR L322 with a supercharged Jaguar V8 400bhp block. In black with blacked out windows.

As I'm apparently a drug dealer.

EDIT: I'm cleaning it right now and discovered it can load DVD's and display them on TV's for the rear passengers wtf am I in the future on the moon this is an 06 and the newest car I have ever owned help

Mortious fucked around with this message on 09-12-2019 at 11:17 AM.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-30-2019 04:02:48 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Rodent King was all like:
https://i.ibb.co/Dw6QxNj/58656826-2448602365190705-6748252370662064128-o.jpg[/IMG]]Image tags are hard for me.

I'm in love. Anyone on the fence about getting a Tesla, do yourself a favor and take a test drive!

I just may. I usually buy cars at 50% EOL (since you can get them for about 1/6th MSRP or less that way) but my wife keeps on pushing me to "stop buying shitty cars" and get a Tesla. My 2004 Pilot (150k+ miles) is beginning to show its age, so maybe I'll give that a look.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Tarquinn
posted 10-08-2019 11:01:35 AM
quote:
Verily, Mortious doth proclaim:
So I decided to bin the RR P38, it's too slow and is starting to become dangerously unreliable.

Replaced it with a RR L322 with a supercharged Jaguar V8 400bhp block. In black with blacked out windows.

As I'm apparently a drug dealer.

EDIT: I'm cleaning it right now and discovered it can load DVD's and display them on TV's for the rear passengers wtf am I in the future on the moon this is an 06 and the newest car I have ever owned help

Pics or it didn't happen.

Kermitov3
Pancake
posted 10-09-2019 05:50:14 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when diadem said:
I just may. I usually buy cars at 50% EOL (since you can get them for about 1/6th MSRP or less that way) but my wife keeps on pushing me to "stop buying shitty cars" and get a Tesla. My 2004 Pilot (150k+ miles) is beginning to show its age, so maybe I'll give that a look.

I'm the same, never bought a new car and I probably never will. I drool over them, for sure, but in the end I just can't get past the waste of money feeling.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-10-2019 04:08:45 PM
quote:
diadem said:
my wife keeps on pushing me to "stop buying shitty cars" and get a Tesla

I'm a professional mechanic whose worked on nearly everything from 50's post war vehicles to current year models, and I can say with absolute purpose..

.. modern vehicles are some of the most shoddy, poorly designed, poorly put together products I've ever seen. They are designed to fail in certain ways, to make you constantly buy new models. There's a reason I do not buy newer than mid 2000's, and the 90's is my favourite era for used cars.

So when I hear the "stop buying shitty cars" when they ACTUALLY mean "stop buying older cars" it makes me genuinely annoyed. There are shitloads of really great used cars out there that can have better power, better economy, and just a better quality of build than anything modern.

Most of the time when people buy current year cars it's because they've got a deal through work (my brother got a great deal through the police) or they just want to show off their waste of money and false economy to the neighbours.

But I guess people do have to buy new models otherwise the car industry would collapse under its own weight.

But most importantly.

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FRENCH. DEAR GOD.

Mortious fucked around with this message on 10-10-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Tarquinn
posted 10-11-2019 12:49:17 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about John Romero:
I'm a professional mechanic whose worked on nearly everything from 50's post war vehicles to current year models, and I can say with absolute purpose..

.. modern vehicles are some of the most shoddy, poorly designed, poorly put together products I've ever seen. They are designed to fail in certain ways, to make you constantly buy new models. There's a reason I do not buy newer than mid 2000's, and the 90's is my favourite era for used cars.

So when I hear the "stop buying shitty cars" when they ACTUALLY mean "stop buying older cars" it makes me genuinely annoyed. There are shitloads of really great used cars out there that can have better power, better economy, and just a better quality of build than anything modern.

Most of the time when people buy current year cars it's because they've got a deal through work (my brother got a great deal through the police) or they just want to show off their waste of money and false economy to the neighbours.

But I guess people do have to buy new models otherwise the car industry would collapse under its own weight.

But most importantly.

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FRENCH. DEAR GOD.

Oh, shush you...

I can talk to my car now!

I mean...

I could talk to my car before.

But this time other people besides me hear it answer. Yes.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-11-2019 04:46:38 PM
My 2006 RR L322 has voice commands but I have no idea how to use them and the instructions are really bad, so I just shout at it like a confused old man until it does something.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 11-03-2019 04:21:59 PM
quote:
Mortious attempted to be funny by writing:
My 2006 RR L322 has voice commands but I have no idea how to use them and the instructions are really bad, so I just shout at it like a confused old man until it does something.

my pilot came with a tape player but since everything was standardized it was insanely easy to install an Android dash panel in its place. my old car now takes voice commands and has great navigation apps for very little money because of how easy they made things in the old days.

Thanks to an hour's work and a hundred bucks or so I can now have streaming Spotify through my pilot.

diadem fucked around with this message on 11-03-2019 at 04:23 PM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: