EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Mass Effect 3
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-18-2012 02:57:37 AM
The Vanguard is the master class. Shields down? Biotic Charge in to recharge them. Never stop attacking.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 03-18-2012 02:32:26 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Khyron wrote:
Palavin? The turian homeworld? Or was there another planet that I don't remember called Televen?

No, I meant Palaven and just had a brain fart. Plus I think Televen was the Turian councilor's name.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 03-18-2012 07:16:52 PM
quote:
Mortious probably says this to all the girls:
I quite like the Prothean. Especially when you introduce him as "the Prothean" and people are all, "oh pleased to meet y.. wait.. WHAT?". A few chuckles are to be had.

The infinite ammo particle beam rifle he adds to your armoury isn't bad either.

I just got it! Man it's powerful!

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-18-2012 08:19:39 PM
Bit disappointed with the Black Widow. I find the Geth sniper rifle, when upgraded, to be superior. In fact all the Geth stuff is pretty damn good.

on that note, the Geth-Quarian missions are pretty awesome.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-19-2012 03:12:10 AM
Once you go Revenant, you never go back.

Edit: Quick question; how much game is there still left after Cerberus HQ?

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 03-19-2012 at 05:30 AM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-19-2012 07:48:01 AM
Just discovered another reason why the DLC is bullshit.

If you go to Thessia, for gods sake take the Prothean. He adds so much more depth when you're in the temple. In fact he adds depth wherever he goes. I can't imagine the game without him, it would be so much shallower.

nem-x
posted 03-19-2012 08:43:55 AM
Javik has more dialogue and interaction than most of the regular party.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-19-2012 08:05:27 PM
Now that I've completed the game, I can't see what all the fuss is about the ending.

Sure, it could've gone on for a bit longer but it said what it needed to say and provided the answers it needed to. A good ending to a good series.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 03-19-2012 10:00:05 PM
I take Garrus and Javik everywhere.

I love the constant jokes about calibrations, especially because my FemShep is with Garrus and for forever in the second game, that's all you could get him to talk about. So it took a while to progress the romance conversation there.

Hell, *Jack* talked about more in ME2 than Garrus did.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 03-20-2012 12:05:39 AM
I didn't mind the ending. I would love to see the standard half-hour montage showing what happens, but the lack of one didn't really bother me all that much.

Don't mass relays destroy entire systems when they're blown up?

I assumed Normandy's crash landing was on Earth.

I'm pretty sure that last scene was getting fubared by indoctrination. I was basically wondering throughout the entire series whether indoctrination would get to Shepard. Seems like it did.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 03-20-2012 12:10:36 PM
How Mass Effect 3 SHOULD have ended : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG4EyfXOTJ4

Khyron fucked around with this message on 03-20-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Tarquinn
posted 03-21-2012 03:32:49 PM
^^^^ This is pretty good, though.

I can live with the end. Also Shepard didn't die. How he survived, no idea.

What I didn't like was the lack of a proper song during the credits, like in ME1, and Dragon Age 1 and 2.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 03-21-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Tarquinn
posted 03-25-2012 04:47:41 AM
If that is what Bioware intended, the ending is actually mind-blowing brilliant (spoilers for the whole seires).
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-25-2012 05:12:07 AM
The Indoctrination theory is grasping at straws. The ending happens and Synthesis is the true ending because you need max military strength to unlock it.

The "weird effects" at the end are because Shepard is starting to be indoctrinated but resists it long enough to active the Crucible.

If anyone believes the Indoctrination theory, I have this lovely bridge for sale.

Tarquinn
posted 03-25-2012 05:16:33 AM
That's a bit harsh.

Just because one ending needs more effort to unlock, doesn't make it the real ending. That's a bit of video game logic there.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 03-25-2012 at 05:19 AM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-25-2012 05:59:04 AM
Well, according to that theory the "Destroy" ending is the correct one, which cannot be true. If you destroy the reapers, then in the future someone will just make more. It's inevitable from the vast proof of AI's becoming hostile throughout the lore. You only brokered peace between the Geth and Quarian because the Geth were already peacefully inclined (except for the small group of Heretics), but what happens when someone in the far future makes synthetics that are meant for combat and they rebel?

The Crucible was never meant to destroy the reapers, if you note to get the "Destroy" ending you have to actually damage part of the Crucible. If anything, that's the worst ending possible. Because it will all happen again and your efforts throughout the three games is now meaningless. The Crucible was always meant to achieve synthesis using the Mass Effect Relays and their control station (the Citadel) to spread the wave throughout the galaxy. It's the only ending where you don't have to interfere with the process by destroying or grabbing something.

It doesn't fire because it's original designers had no idea the Citadel's hidden AI was controlling the reapers all along, it's this AI which stops it firing and allows you to choose instead because it now has more options open to it.

People thinking up these alternate ending theories just haven't read the lore properly, or lacked in their understanding of it.

Tarquinn
posted 03-25-2012 07:09:14 AM
I really have no intention of rehashing a stupid argument that it haunting the Mass Effect fanbase for a month, but you are making the mistake of accepting the reaper reasoning while there is evidence that contradicts it. You said it yourself, the Geth are peacefully inclined. Also, see the human AI, EDI.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-25-2012 09:27:39 AM
We shall have to disagree on this matter, good sir.

*monocle and handshake*

nem-x
posted 03-25-2012 04:00:44 PM
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-25-2012 04:18:43 PM
lol
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 03-26-2012 10:30:48 PM
Just finished the game, agreeing with the video Tarquin posted. It makes a lot of sense, allows EA to set up more DLC to explain it, and opens the possibility for more from the series later.

(I also like the video's theory because I picked the 'best' ending from that line of thought.)

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-27-2012 12:29:03 AM
quote:
Mortious's account was hax0red to write:
The Indoctrination theory is grasping at straws. The ending happens and Synthesis is the true ending because you need max military strength to unlock it.

Actually, the ending that takes the most military strength to unlock is the Destroy w/ Shepard gasping for breath on earth at the end. I'm pretty sure that one requires the most, after synthesis. As per this guide, that holds true:

ME3 Endings Guide

So the 'best' ending is actually Destroy + save Shepard. Destroy without the required EMS just destroys shit, along with destroying Shepard.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 03-27-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Maradon!
posted 04-03-2012 10:23:05 PM
Just beat it this very second, got destroy w/ alive shepard.

I can't even begin to understand why this ending was even controversial. What exactly were people expecting from an ending anyway?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-14-2012 01:03:45 PM
Just found out the hard way that it's impossible to get the "good" endings without playing multiplayer, despite the propaganda to the contrary. Not sure I'm going to bother finishing, now.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-14-2012 08:21:22 PM
quote:
Bloodsage probably says this to all the girls:
Just found out the hard way that it's impossible to get the "good" endings without playing multiplayer, despite the propaganda to the contrary.

Incorrect.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-14-2012 08:58:12 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Kegwen absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Incorrect.

You are incorrect about me being incorrect. Verified on the game's forums, as well several other up-to-date sites. The cake is a lie.

I did every single possible quest, saved everyone possible, and still topped out at about 3600 with the 50% readiness screwjob. Even accounting for some slop in maybe not maxing points--I'm almost 100% paragon--it's still not possible to get the "perfect" ending without multiplayer time.

nem-x
posted 04-15-2012 12:55:36 AM
The perfect ending is a 5 second clip. Nothing else changes.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-15-2012 08:33:41 AM
Yeah, I know. [Although I'm given to understand there are subtle differences in the amount of destruction on Earth, and whether your companions survive. Both the top two tiers of endings seem to be locked out unless you spend time in multiplayer.]

Also, whoever designed the multiplayer was a sadist--what's with locking your view over someone else's shoulder when you die, with no option to wait in the lobby? If they're going to force anyone who wants a decent ending to play multiplayer, they shouldn't then try to make them seasick the whole time.

Bloodsage fucked around with this message on 04-15-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-15-2012 01:25:36 PM
quote:
Bloodsage probably says this to all the girls:
You are incorrect about me being incorrect. Verified on the game's forums, as well several other up-to-date sites. The cake is a lie.

I did every single possible quest, saved everyone possible, and still topped out at about 3600 with the 50% readiness screwjob. Even accounting for some slop in maybe not maxing points--I'm almost 100% paragon--it's still not possible to get the "perfect" ending without multiplayer time.

Except the maximum war assets you can get (by being a total completionist) is over 7000, with enough buffer to go over the 3500 needed for the "good" ending with Shep taking a breath, and still doing zero multiplayer.

Maradon!
posted 04-15-2012 02:05:34 PM
quote:
x--Delphi AegisO-('-'Q) :
Except the maximum war assets you can get (by being a total completionist) is over 7000, with enough buffer to go over the 3500 needed for the "good" ending with Shep taking a breath, and still doing zero multiplayer.

To get that, you also need to import a save file with a perfect set of decisions.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-15-2012 02:37:00 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Delphi Aegis absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:

According to everything I can find, that ending requires 4000+ war assets. I had just under 3600.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: