EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: How much do you spend a week on food
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 09-04-2010 01:41:47 PM
I miss Whole Foods. There's, I believe, ONE in all of Oklahoma, and it's almost a three hour drive from here.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 09-04-2010 07:46:45 PM
quote:
Zephyer Kyuukaze had this to say about Duck Tales:
I miss Whole Foods. There's, I believe, ONE in all of Oklahoma, and it's almost a three hour drive from here.

Where do you live again? They're about to start building one on Classen Curve near Chesapeake. But I can't remember if you live near the city or not.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 09-05-2010 01:45:46 PM
quote:
From the book of Monica, chapter 3, verse 16:
Where do you live again? They're about to start building one on Classen Curve near Chesapeake. But I can't remember if you live near the city or not.

OMG, REALLY!?

I live in Norman, so a trip to the city is not unreasonable.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 09-06-2010 11:54:37 AM
Yup yup. Here.

It's going to be awhile yet before it opens, but it's coming. There's a ton of stuff popping up in that area.

Monica fucked around with this message on 09-06-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-06-2010 03:42:56 PM
Whole Foods is awesome...but when we lived near one, I spent like $200/week on groceries for two. Tasty, sure, but expensive as all hell.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 09-07-2010 02:27:32 PM
Which is why I like Trader Joe's.

They sell a lot of the stuff needed to qualify under "hippie health food" store, but they carry enough beer, wine, cookies and other stuff that's not necessarily good for you.

The prices are really cheap and you gotta a store that will let you return anything, at anytime for any reason for a full refund.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 09-07-2010 04:37:03 PM
quote:
How.... Callalron.... uughhhhhh:
enough beer ... and other stuff that's not necessarily good for you.

Huh?
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-07-2010 05:52:13 PM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about dark elf butts:
Huh?

Almond biscotti, motherfucker, do you speak it?

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Addy
posted 09-07-2010 05:54:08 PM
The Twin Cities has a pretty sweet chain for higher end foods. http://kowalskis.com/

Rochester should be getting a Trader Joe's soon. Yay!

Addy fucked around with this message on 09-07-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Peter
Pancake
posted 09-07-2010 07:10:57 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Damnati:
Almond biscotti, motherfucker, do you speak it?

I though he was wondering about the absurd idea as there being "Enough beer".

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 09-08-2010 02:49:53 AM
^^^^^^^
Yes.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 09-08-2010 03:37:27 PM
quote:
Callalron had this to say about Cuba:
Which is why I like Trader Joe's.

They sell a lot of the stuff needed to qualify under "hippie health food" store, but they carry enough beer, wine, cookies and other stuff that's not necessarily good for you.

The prices are really cheap and you gotta a store that will let you return anything, at anytime for any reason for a full refund.

And if you avoid stuff that's specifically "Organic" it's usually about 80% of the main chain grocery store price and still has an ingredient list that's pronounceable. You really can't go wrong with the combination of cheaper, tastes better, and (marginally) less processed.

Their produce is still pretty bad though, but that's what Asian/Persian supermarkets are for.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: