EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So...What what games are everyone playing at the moment?
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-06-2010 02:26:57 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Probably just my background, but I really liked the old-school Thrustmaster F-16 replicas...and not a big fan of the funky plastic ones that rely on force-feedback for any kind of heft or feel. That, and there hasn't really been a good air or space combat sim in seems like a decade or so.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=11&PlatformID=5

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Greenlit
posted 05-06-2010 02:30:56 PM
quote:
nem-x painfully thought these words up:
an A-10C Warthog sim. They focus on one aircraft and fully model it for realism with a near 100% interactive cockpit.

my dick could break concrete right now

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-06-2010 03:18:59 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Tarquinn squealed:
http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=11&PlatformID=5

It had a different name a long time ago, but that looks like the same setup I had when I was flying sims--that's what I'm talking about!

And a Hog sim sounds like a lot of fun.

Bloodsage fucked around with this message on 05-06-2010 at 03:19 PM.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Razortooth Gnome
The Artist Formerly Known As Anklebiter
posted 05-06-2010 04:51:41 PM
Mount & Blade: Warband came out earlier this month. Hooray multiplayer. Left 4 Dead 2 has also been fun, and they had a bunch of GTA games for under ten dollars on Steam last weekend.
Maradon!
posted 05-06-2010 06:16:07 PM
quote:
Williasing:
Depending on how far you are in the game, this may or may not help:

I've actually done a lot of that on my own, except I killed the red dragon with magic. It was hard as fuck. You can also nick him with a spear from total safety in certain spots.

This game is indeed extremely fun.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 05-06-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-06-2010 09:35:12 PM
Not a lot since school just ended and I was busy with it and work. I have The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks I was playing and paused on, plus the PSP port of Lunar. I finished FFXIII not too long ago.

I've never played things like Half-Life and Halo, since I was never an FPS person, but I've got them on my summer playing list. I want to at least give them a try. Along with the Assassin's Creeds, Mass Effects and Bioshocks.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Nina
posted 05-07-2010 01:57:42 AM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Tron:
my dick could break concrete right now

Hook it up to the USB port and use it as your new joystick.

Steven Steve
posted 05-07-2010 06:57:26 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael was listening to Cher while typing:
I've never played things like Half-Life and Halo, since I was never an FPS person, but I've got them on my summer playing list.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-07-2010 07:39:34 PM
Hey! I'm making up for it now

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Maradon!
posted 05-08-2010 03:34:28 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Steven Steve booooze lime pole over bench lick:

nem-x
posted 05-08-2010 03:50:29 PM
Tarquinn
posted 05-09-2010 08:27:12 AM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Drakensang - The River of Time

Flotilla

Mostly done with those.

Now playing Elven Legacy. I love turn based strategy.

Kermitov 2
Pancake
posted 05-09-2010 05:59:31 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when nem-x said:
Short and easy, but lots of style and the music is great

that one was a cute little game. Thanks

Willias
Pancake
posted 05-10-2010 12:14:11 AM
Add Monster Hunter Tri to the list of games I'm playing.

It's oddly fun.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-10-2010 12:14:21 AM
quote:
Greenlit wrote this stupid crap:
arharhar they pulled you back in

I've got League of Legends for PC; Heavy Rain and Dynasty Warriors Strike Force for PS3.

She started playing again because I'm awesome. True Story.

Actually she started playing again so she could make fun of me in guild chat and call me Bri Bri.

As for what I'm playing:

Currently, WoW (Got a hunter to 80 that I've been messing with).
In a couple of days, 3D Dot Game Heroes.
End of the Month, UFC 2010 will be played a lot in my apartment.

I can play these games in my bedroom too, as I recently found a use for my second computer monitor -- a second PS3. May have posted this already, but hey -- here's a picture of it.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 05-10-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Talonus
Loner
posted 05-11-2010 05:37:39 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Tarquinn said this:
Mostly done with those.

Now playing Elven Legacy. I love turn based strategy.

If you like HoMM style TBS games try King's Bounty and King's Bounty: Armored Princess. They're both good stuff.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-11-2010 06:06:01 PM
New Game: Monkey Island for the Wii

The Wii is in the attic. The attic is fully finished (carpet, ac, lights, cable) and doubles as an exercise room. Monkey Island helps keep me in shape, because I feel obligated to use the equipment when I'm there.

Admittedly that usually consists of watching Farscape on Wii Netflix while using my exercise bike, but at least it's something.

edit: About the game. While this is essentially another monkey island game with the same cast and all that, you can really feel the "micro purchase" part of the game.
Pros: General feel of the game is good. Brings back memories. Fun to play.
Cons:
- Puzzles are way too easy. I mean there's puzzle where you have to figure out a round locket in a round hole. Most of the game's length consists of walking along the map as you pick up one item and walk it directly to it's obvious solution. The hardest part of the game is crawling through the maps and finding that one little item you missed to finish the obvious puzzle.
- The games themselves are far too short. Each mini game can be finished in a workday afternoon.
- Since these are micropurchases the maps/worlds are very small when compared to other games (older monkey island games, loom, etc).
- The ease of the puzzels gives it a bit of a "walk down the hallway" feel, but the atmosphere makes that hallway feel like a cheap thrill ride at an amusement park, so it's not that bad.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 05-11-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 05-12-2010 12:16:25 AM
quote:
Talonus wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
If you like HoMM style TBS games try King's Bounty and King's Bounty: Armored Princess. They're both good stuff.

Honestly, skip to Armored Princess, you can fill in the plot blanks pretty easily. The class changes make it miles better but the gameplay itself is far more streamlined with less horrific backtracking and spastic difficulty placement. Armored Princess is just friggin awesome, first thing I did after beating it was wanting to beat it again. Hard as balls though, even on normal difficulty, just be warned. Don't get me wrong, KB is good, but it had a lot of subtle issues that got corrected very well with AP

Vorago fucked around with this message on 05-12-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Tarquinn
posted 05-12-2010 04:42:52 AM
Totally own those already.

Alas, the latest nVidia drivers make them crash every other minute. Hopefully they'll fix that soon.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: