EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I have a problem.
Number 1 Poster
posted 05-18-2009 02:19:23 PM
quote:
Liam spewed forth this undeniable truth:
In related German-sports news, Crocop is coming back to the UFC to fight Mustapha Al-Turk. Crocop is like, my 2nd favorite fighter ever oh goddd please kill him crocop

Don Frye #1

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 05-18-2009 02:21:50 PM
over the weekend, i attended a seminar with the #3 featherweight in mma, wagnney fabiano. i've met him loads of times, but seriously he is one of the coolest guys i've ever met. he's way too nice!

he gave me a free t-shirt!!

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-18-2009 03:56:58 PM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit had this to say about dark elf butts:

Do you think that complex strategy is a significant portion of the basis of baseball's popularity?

On that note, complex strategy isn't a significant portion of football's popularity either. The majority of fans watch it and don't understand why one star player, such as Adrian Peterson, has the success he does compared to another running back.

And yes, baseball does have complex strategy. I really am not able to go into details, but my brother, who has played for nearly 20 years in some sort of organized baseball, has told me about it in the past. A lot of baseball's complex strategy isn't easily seen if you don't know about it, much like football.

I will say that baseball can be a rather boring game to watch at points, though, if you don't have some interest in the outcome of the game. I enjoyed watching because my brother played, for example. He, being a semi-pro, though, understands more of what is going on and can enjoy any game, whether or not he cares about the results.

Steven Steve
posted 05-18-2009 04:24:41 PM
Car racing is probably the most boring "sport" of all. Even if I were driving I would be bored as hell.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-18-2009 04:38:28 PM
quote:
Steven Steve put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:
Car racing is probably the most boring "sport" of all. Even if I were driving I would be bored as hell.

Nah, I've driven a stock car. It is many things, but it is not boring. And that's just going around in a circle; I can only imagine the exultant terror that is rally racing.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 05-18-2009 04:39:50 PM
Threads like this are why my sig is what my sig is.

Well, the sig on my other account, anyway.

Blindy fucked around with this message on 05-18-2009 at 04:40 PM.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Steven Steve
posted 05-18-2009 05:02:34 PM
Man it's easy to troll you Blindy
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 05-18-2009 05:24:39 PM
perhaps it is you that is the one who is getting trolled?!?$
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 05-18-2009 08:17:41 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr painfully thought these words up:
On that note, complex strategy isn't a significant portion of football's popularity either. The majority of fans watch it and don't understand why one star player, such as Adrian Peterson, has the success he does compared to another running back.

And yes, baseball does have complex strategy. I really am not able to go into details, but my brother, who has played for nearly 20 years in some sort of organized baseball, has told me about it in the past. A lot of baseball's complex strategy isn't easily seen if you don't know about it, much like football.

I will say that baseball can be a rather boring game to watch at points, though, if you don't have some interest in the outcome of the game. I enjoyed watching because my brother played, for example. He, being a semi-pro, though, understands more of what is going on and can enjoy any game, whether or not he cares about the results.

I'll agree that the majority of football fans aren't aware of it's level of complexity either, but as an intelligent but not extremely experienced viewer a whole lot of it is immediately available to me. I'm sure there are some deeper things I'm missing in it, as I suppose I am in baseball, but there is so much that I can watch a game without distraction and maintain interest.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Greenlit
posted 05-18-2009 09:11:49 PM
quote:
From the book of Liam, chapter 3, verse 16:
In related German-sports news, Crocop is coming back to the UFC to fight Mustapha Al-Turk. Crocop is like, my 2nd favorite fighter ever oh goddd please kill him crocop

Mirko pushed my career mode fighter's shit in on UFC Undisputed

I was breezing through jobbers in the heavyweight division until it's like "SUP CRO COP WANTS TO FITE" and I was like "uhhh maybe?" and then bam fifteen second TKO.

Greenlit fucked around with this message on 05-18-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 05-18-2009 09:15:28 PM
quote:
Blindy. thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
perhaps it is you that is the one who is getting trolled?!?$

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 05-18-2009 10:24:55 PM
quote:
Steven Steve had this to say about John Romero:

You haven't tried to watch sailboat racing then. If you don't know alot it looks completely pointless.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 05-18-2009 10:41:30 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Steven Steve wrote:

Only because you could run faster right

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 05-19-2009 10:32:52 AM
Golf is pretty fucking terrible too, fellas.

But nobody will talk shit about curling here today >:(

Steven Steve
posted 05-19-2009 05:10:33 PM
Oh yeah that's right, golf is even more boring than race car driving.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: