EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Give me some good news
Addy
posted 12-20-2008 12:20:38 AM
quote:
How.... Mortious.... uughhhhhh:
I do all three.

And treadmills? Knackered ankles when you reach 30+ ITT.

Hey my grandpa is getting up there in age and he can still rock the treadmill

I got really annoyed with seeing all the skinny-fat girls working out slowly on the ellipticals, especially when they gave me weird looks for going to the weight section. Probably why I hate going to the gym now

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-20-2008 08:25:44 AM
quote:
Addy said:
Hey my grandpa is getting up there in age and he can still rock the treadmill

Those who do it improperly or too much (read: most people) fuck up their ankles. That's not to say everyone will. Just most of them.

Number 1 Poster
posted 12-20-2008 08:47:49 AM
How do you improperly run on a tread mill?
Talonus
Loner
posted 12-20-2008 09:56:27 AM
quote:
Addy said this about your mom:
I got really annoyed with seeing all the skinny-fat girls working out slowly on the ellipticals, especially when they gave me weird looks for going to the weight section. Probably why I hate going to the gym now

This is why I'm happy to own my own. Its worth it to not deal with the normal gym crowd.

Number 1 Poster
posted 12-20-2008 10:28:17 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Talonus stammered:
This is why I'm happy to own my own. Its worth it to not deal with the normal gym crowd.

I have my own elliptical machine but I don't use it. Why? I can't go for as long as I can in the gym. When I'm at the gym I go there to work out and since I'm there I don't have the option of just stopping and going back onto the computer.

nem-x
posted 12-20-2008 10:36:44 AM
Talonus
Loner
posted 12-20-2008 10:51:59 AM
quote:
nem-x is gay was listening to Cher while typing:
I have my own elliptical machine but I don't use it. Why? I can't go for as long as I can in the gym. When I'm at the gym I go there to work out and since I'm there I don't have the option of just stopping and going back onto the computer.

Hook up a HTPC or normal PC up to your TV and throw them all in the same room. With a smaller media keyboard you can use the elliptical and PC at the same time if you're so inclined. From personal experience I'll say that its a bit harder doing this trying the same on a treadmill/bike though.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 12-20-2008 11:24:58 AM
quote:
Talonus got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Hook up a HTPC or normal PC up to your TV and throw them all in the same room. With a smaller media keyboard you can use the elliptical and PC at the same time if you're so inclined. From personal experience I'll say that its a bit harder doing this trying the same on a treadmill/bike though.

While you're at it, rewire the bike to supply energy to power the monitor. If you stop or slow down too much, it turns off.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Number 1 Poster
posted 12-20-2008 11:41:36 AM
How about I go to the gym and just watch a Hockey game instead?

You know how irritating it would be to have an instant message sound pop up while you work out? And 90% of the time it would be nem-x giving me a youtube link to someone playing a musical instrument.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-20-2008 11:47:34 AM
quote:
nem-x is gay said:
How do you improperly run on a tread mill?

Same as improperly running on any other surface. Bad posture, bad style, not warming up properly, improperly warming up, improper footwear.

Ares
posted 12-20-2008 12:41:03 PM
I wanna get a stationary bike one day. It's the only machine at the gym I actually like being on. I'm one of those tools who doesn't have the coordination to run on treadmills (wtf, I know...) I feel like I'm going to fall all over the place.

And I agree with Addy. Women at the gym suck. The gym I went to, EVERYONE was in shape, and I felt all flubbery and out of place.. I mean, I need to drop a few, but I'm far from being fatty.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 12-20-2008 01:14:29 PM
Screw treadmills, run outside!
Number 1 Poster
posted 12-20-2008 01:19:45 PM
quote:
Led attempted to be funny by writing:
Screw treadmills, run outside!

I can run a lot longer in a gym than outside.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 12-20-2008 03:29:29 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Addy wrote:
...especially when they gave me weird looks for going to the weight section. Probably why I hate going to the gym now

Seriously, it cheers my lifting partner and I up when we see women actually using weights other than 1000 reps of the 5 pound dumbbell. Keep at it and don't let those assholes make you feel bad.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-20-2008 09:37:05 PM
quote:
nem-x is gay said:
I can run a lot longer in a gym than outside.

Me too. Wierd that isn't it.

Although if I went running at the moment they'd find me frozen solid mid-stride at the end of the road.

Fucking weather.

nem-x
posted 12-20-2008 10:02:37 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
improper footwear.

"Why don't ladies hit on me?"

Number 1 Poster
posted 12-20-2008 10:03:00 PM
Trip report

110 minutes running, walking 45 minutes. But was running at 7.0 instead of 6.0. 14% increase!

Number 1 Poster
posted 12-20-2008 10:03:46 PM
quote:
nem-x stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

"Why don't ladies hit on me?"

tripping over shoe laces is one of those 'improperly running' things.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2008 04:48:38 AM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Mortious gently hums:
Me too. Wierd that isn't it.

Although if I went running at the moment they'd find me frozen solid mid-stride at the end of the road.

Fucking weather.

Running on a treadmill is easier than running for real, so you can run longer/farther indoors than out.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 12-21-2008 09:06:35 AM
quote:
Bloodsage stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Running on a treadmill is easier than running for real, so you can run longer/farther indoors than out.

Plus the 'weather' indoors is much easier to deal with, and generally less sweaty, than the weather outdoors.

Trip report: my balls off.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 12-21-2008 09:58:06 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Bloodsage!

Yeah, if I remember correctly, if you want to get a 'real' workout from a treadmill, you have to put it at at least a 2 degree incline. That simulates actually running outside, though there is no substitute for actually being outside when you work out.

Either way, when you are running on a machine, its still doing a good amount of the word for you, like moving the surface you're running on. It keeps you from having to work as much to move your own weight.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Number 1 Poster
posted 12-21-2008 10:14:18 AM
My lungs burn when I run outside.
Azakias
posted 12-21-2008 10:47:19 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and nem-x is gay was all like:
My lungs burn when I run outside.

Thats because you're doing a good cardio.

Either that, or its really cold.

Personally, I prefer to run outside when its between 45 degrees and 60 degrees. That way, you dont overheat as easily as when it is warmer.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Number 1 Poster
posted 12-21-2008 10:52:20 AM
I usually just chalk up my lungs burning to the horrible pollution I live in.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-21-2008 09:20:35 PM
Yeah, well, there's that too. I grew up in southern California back in the '70s. Christ, I don't trust air I can't see. You got no way of knowing what's in it.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-23-2008 12:55:20 PM
I just got some good news: I've been chosen to command an airbase in the UK. Not a huge one, but I'll own about 700 people with a $65M budget in support of several thousand US and UK tenants, so not terribly shabby, either.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-23-2008 01:05:46 PM
Tell me where it is and I'll mail you a bomb come visit.
Azakias
posted 12-23-2008 01:27:02 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I just got some good news: I've been chosen to command an airbase in the UK. Not a huge one, but I'll own about 700 people with a $65M budget in support of several thousand US and UK tenants, so not terribly shabby, either.

Wooohoo, skipper og a base, eh?

Does the Air Force hold those in a near godlike status, like the Navy does?

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 12-23-2008 01:40:07 PM
quote:
So quoth Bloodsage:

Awesome! Congratulations!

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Dr. Gee
posted 12-23-2008 03:23:38 PM
That's amazing!

Now as long as you don't start ranting about the theft of our precious bodily fluids I think we'll be alright.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-23-2008 03:33:05 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Azakias squealed:
Wooohoo, skipper og a base, eh?

Does the Air Force hold those in a near godlike status, like the Navy does?

It'll be a nice change from where I am. Where I'm at now, you can't swing a cat without hitting 6 Colonels and at least one General. There, I should be one of 2 or 3 Colonels on the base.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-23-2008 03:34:33 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Dr. Gee gently hums:
That's amazing!

Now as long as you don't start ranting about the theft of our precious bodily fluids I think we'll be alright.

So...let me get this straight...you're saying I shouldn't have a Wing Attack Plan R? You know, just in case?

Dr. Gee
posted 12-23-2008 04:31:54 PM
It might not be a bad idea, but what I'm saying is that we should train your dog to eat you if you utter that paticular phrase.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 12-23-2008 09:13:59 PM
quote:
Bloodsage's tombstone read:
It'll be a nice change from where I am. Where I'm at now, you can't swing a cat without hitting 6 Colonels and at least one General. There, I should be one of 2 or 3 Colonels on the base.

Congratulations!

(So what happens if you do hit 6 Colonels and a General with a cat?)

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-23-2008 09:16:23 PM
quote:
Bloodsage was listening to Cher while typing:
So...let me get this straight...you're saying I shouldn't have a Wing Attack Plan R? You know, just in case?

And don't forget the recall code OPE <your 3 favorite numbers here>.

Don't drink the water either.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-23-2008 09:17:17 PM
quote:
Pvednes Model 2000 was programmed to say:
(So what happens if you do hit 6 Colonels and a General with a cat?)

My guess is, you end up with one seriously pissed off cat.

Callalron
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Steven Steve
posted 12-24-2008 12:10:31 PM
I might make an "epic" journey of like 2-3 miles on foot in the snow to see my gal, isn't that wonderful Parcelan? And then we will play.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Addy
posted 12-24-2008 08:01:47 PM
I just got fantastic news, probably one of the best Christmas Eves yet.

I was a victim of a crime a couple of months ago, and they just arrested a guy today that may be linked to it. I'll get to deal with the police this weekend but I am ecstatic. Even if it's not the culprit for my case, at the very least they caught a criminal.

Number 1 Poster
posted 12-24-2008 08:39:24 PM
What crime
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-24-2008 09:31:24 PM
I killed a small mouse who snuck into my home.

DEATH TO THE HEATHEN INVADER.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: