EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Where's your avatar from?
Number 1 Poster
posted 11-25-2008 09:11:17 PM
Wakka Wakka Wakka!
Talonus
Loner
posted 11-25-2008 09:36:54 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about pies:
I'm looking for anything good really. My tastes encompass everything from non-filler Naruto to Azumanga Daioh.

I tried Gurren Lagann recently too and found it absolutely, intolerably stupid.

You find Naruto watchable, but not Gurren Lagann? Odd.

In any case, since you liked Death Note lets stick with some of Madhouse's other series that have been recently subbed;

• Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Really fucking long, but I can't recommend it enough. Its basically the definition of epic spare opera and one of my favorite sci-fi series ever. Warning, even though it was only subbed recently its an older series that shows my age. That doesn't really detract from it though. Just watch it.
  • Akagi - Yes, its about mahjong. If you can get past that, its actually a very intelligent series.
  • Kaiji - Same author and style as Akagi, but no mahjong. Instead you get rock-paper-scissors, beam walking, and a card game.
  • Kaiba - Really weird, but great. Have fun trying to understand it though.
  • Kemonozume - Weirder than Kaiba and almost as great. You'll actually understand this one though.
  • Monster - Really good adaptation of a great manga. You might want to read the manga though since this is really long.
  • Denno Coil - A bit kiddy and some of the filler sucks, but quite good. Episode 12 is probably the best filler episode ever.
  • Casshern Sins - (currently airing ) A reboot of the Casshern franchise that's going very well so far. Its a bit slow though.
  • Kurozuka - (currently airing) Its looking good so far with this series about a vampire samurai stuck in a post-apocalypse Japan. Reminds me of Highlander for some reason. The CLAMP character designs are damned distracting though.

quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Optimus Prime:
The foot-dragging faggot must be a really compelling archetype for the japanese because they seem to be in everything, but particularly in "epic" dramatic works.

They do seem to love this archetype and its really fucking annoying. In older series it doesn't happen a lot, but that's changed a bunch since Evangelion.

And none of the above really have that archetype except maybe Kaiji and Casshern. Even then it isn't very bad; the main characters in both of those series are really kind of bipolar and their actions aren't overly annoying.

Talonus fucked around with this message on 11-25-2008 at 09:46 PM.

Maradon!
posted 11-25-2008 10:58:48 PM
You could pretty much take naruto seriously. I can't attach any emotional gravity to a guy who drives a mecha that looks like a big doofy face and fights other mecha that look like big doofy faces piloted by furries.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions, I'll check 'em out.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 11-25-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Willias
Pancake
posted 11-25-2008 11:19:32 PM
I don't think Gurren Lagann is meant to be taken seriously.

From what I watched (first half of the series), it was entertaining.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 11-25-2008 11:33:39 PM
Maradon might like Code Geass. Right up until ... well, no, I think you should watch it.

My avatar? Something Awful. It is awesome.

nem-x
posted 11-25-2008 11:54:30 PM
Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 11-26-2008 08:42:03 AM
This picture came up on a gis... but I don't recall what I was searching for
Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Maradon!
posted 11-26-2008 10:04:28 PM
GiTS:SAC is very good, but I have to listen to some of the dialogue two or three times to follow what's going on
nem-x
posted 11-26-2008 10:10:55 PM
Maradon!
posted 11-26-2008 10:38:36 PM
This watermark will be removed after registered!
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 11-28-2008 03:07:27 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Nina wrote:
self portrait

hey there pretty lady

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Suddar
posted 11-30-2008 03:51:00 AM
I got hungry
Xian
Pancake
posted 11-30-2008 06:50:23 AM
Forgot what mine was.

Oh yeah, it's the symbol of the magical city-state of Dalaran. I thought it looked spiffy.

Xian fucked around with this message on 11-30-2008 at 06:51 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: