EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: How is everyone's life going?
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 02-29-2008 07:22:03 PM
I somehow found the reset button on life.

I don't know how it happened.

I went from moving to Florida for college, getting a degree in graphic design, working up the chain in a retail hell world. I then became homeless for about 8 months. That was fun. I get a job at AOL and do the IT thing for a while, I didn't have to bother with customers, just the agents in the center.

From there I went back to Staples and started management training. I then found a great job at Alltel wireless and a good girlfriend.

Then all hell broke loose in my life again.

A hurricane destroyed my parent's home that they retired to in 2005, no not Katrina, but Wilma. I went there to help pick up the pieces, it was a hard time.

I got into a car accident, lost my license due to a lapse in insurance that was not made aware to me until 1 month after the accident.

However, I got in the accident on my way home from Alltel. Only to come in the next day and find out I was fired. That put stress on my relationship.

I started the job hunt without a license and found a job in town I could walk to. It sucked, but it paid the bills.

2 years go by, and my girlfriend cheats on me, stating that she was bored because I didn't make enough money anymore and that I didn't want to go out and spend money all the time.

I quit smoking for the first time in 13 years. I started drinking heavily. Depression and Anger fueled my life. At some point I lost a car I had to the ex because of a stupid move I did before we broke up. That was my fault and a lesson learned hard.

Then a reset button was pressed.

I'm somehow living with my parents temporarily saving money up again. Working at Staples again. Getting ready to go back to College for a network engineering degree.

What is really weird though, I'm helping my parents more than ever. Their retirement money from the Government and Military isn't too much to live on, so I'm buying groceries and gas for them.

I've been thinking about moving to Germany to live with family. Who knows. Right now I'm just focused on my short term goals that will help me carry on toward the long term.

I still don't know where the reset button was, but it was hit for me.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-29-2008 07:58:59 PM
quote:
Brahmin Bloodlust said:
2 years go by, and my girlfriend cheats on me, stating that she was bored because I didn't make enough money anymore and that I didn't want to go out and spend money all the time.

Don't feel so bad about this, sounds like you dodged a bullet and got rid of a gold-digger.

Ares
posted 02-29-2008 10:45:35 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Cuba:
Don't feel so bad about this, sounds like you dodged a bullet and got rid of a gold-digger.

Exactly. You don't need someone like this in your life.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 03-01-2008 12:49:18 AM
quote:
Azakias had this to say about Pirotess:
You live around Nellis?

My squadron flies into there pretty often.

I work on base, obviously, but I live clear over on the other side of town, out near Summerlin. It's about a 30 minute commute each way, but I'm doing it during non-rush hours, so it's not so bad. I listen to some music on the radio and try to decompress after the day.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 03-01-2008 05:35:58 PM
True story. I went to Cal's house one time and it took me three weeks to get all the cat hair off my clothes.
A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 03-02-2008 12:49:37 AM
Well, the cats are gone now. Roz passed away in December 07 and Kramer went in December 08.

December is really starting to be my least favorite month.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Gadani
U
posted 03-02-2008 12:51:49 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Callalron said this:
Well, the cats are gone now. Roz passed away in December 07 and Kramer went in December 08.

December is really starting to be my least favorite month.

December 08 hasn't happened yet

Steven Steve
posted 03-02-2008 12:59:11 AM
Perhaps he means 1908.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-02-2008 01:02:02 AM
quote:
Gadani got served! Gadani got served!
December 08 hasn't happened yet

This is the part where you get beaten to death with vodka bottles.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 03-02-2008 01:06:06 AM
I meant 06 and 07 respectively.

It's been one of those weeks at work.

Callalron
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: