EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The Superior Mass Effect Thread
Skaw
posted 12-03-2007 09:45:51 PM
quote:
Mortious impressed everyone with:
Oh bah, they made it so you don't respec your character when you continue with the same ID. I wanted to respec my charm into intimidate.

Although I do love how you start with all your equipment.

Just start over, honestly. Make a new class, unlock other masteries.

Sure it sucks you don't get your equipment, but you can make it back to level 50 at the end of Virmire if you do most of the side quests along the way.

Steven Steve
posted 12-03-2007 09:48:50 PM
I refuse to play as anything other than a soldier, except for that one time that I speed ran half the game in about 2 hours with an infiltrator and then got stuck in the galaxy map.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Skaw
posted 12-03-2007 09:50:53 PM
quote:
How.... Stalwart Steve.... uughhhhhh:
I refuse to play as anything other than a soldier, except for that one time that I speed ran half the game in about 2 hours with an infiltrator and then got stuck in the galaxy map.

Most of the Tech and Biotic masteries don't even require combat to get. Haha.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-03-2007 09:51:38 PM
quote:
Skaw said:
Just start over, honestly. Make a new class, unlock other masteries.

I probably will, tbh.

Tech guy on hardcore, then biotic guy on insane just for a laugh to see if I can survive more than five seconds.

Skaw
posted 12-03-2007 09:53:50 PM
Biotic is pretty rough early on. But once you get skills set up right, it pretty much has the best survivability since it's pretty much there to decrease the amount of opponents in a fight.
Steven Steve
posted 12-03-2007 10:45:25 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about John Romero:
I probably will, tbh.

Tech guy on hardcore, then biotic guy on insane just for a laugh to see if I can survive more than five seconds.

I already did the biotic part and I ensure you it's possible, but rather annoying.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 12-04-2007 09:58:46 AM
if you level it up enough, Throw is useful when you've got a bunch of Thorian creepers around. Kinda like bowling pins...
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-04-2007 11:33:41 AM
Gah, after being a level 50 soldier and mowing through everything.. playing a level 1 engineer is frustrating, haha.
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 12-04-2007 01:17:45 PM
After playing a Biotic I have to agree with Nem... Singularity is awesome haha
If i could put some classical music to it I would totally make a Creeper Ballet.
Steven Steve
posted 12-04-2007 03:12:44 PM
I generally prefer biotics over engineering, but as either of them you generally have to be farther back than your teammates and use your abilities. If you have 3 characters together who are good at engineering skills then you can do like 450 damage on an entire group of bad guys easy, almost wiping them out before they can move.

And yes, singularity turns the game into Asteroids. I played through insanity with two biotics (Carth and Liara) on my team and the order usually went like this:

Singularity - Sabotage/Neurotoxin paralyze thing - Overkill
Lift - Throw - Immunity
Throw - Lift - Rape

Worked easy every time.

Stalwart Steve fucked around with this message on 12-04-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 12-04-2007 04:15:00 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Knight Rider:
Gah, after being a level 50 soldier and mowing through everything.. playing a level 1 engineer is frustrating, haha.

And I thought sniping a Geth Colossus to death while outside the Mako was frustrating...

Steven Steve
posted 12-04-2007 04:16:55 PM
I did that on insanity, so it's not that bad (other than the fact that it took like 4 minutes).

Skaw
posted 12-04-2007 05:46:45 PM
Depending on where you are. Shotgunning Colossi is a lot easier than sniping. Remember, the shotgun does 0-5 hits for whatever the damage listed on it is. Ofcourse, the closer you are to the target, the more hits you'll do. And Armatures/Colossi fall for circle strafing very easily.
Steven Steve
posted 12-04-2007 07:50:11 PM
But if that's true then you can still do about the same DPS by just crouching from far away with an assault rifle huhu

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-04-2007 08:00:00 PM
Assault rifles are definately the best weapons.

You don't need anything else, tbh.

Steven Steve
posted 12-04-2007 09:02:40 PM
They're like pistols but better, although shotguns are slightly better at extreme short range (usually only against things like the thorian creepers) and the sniper rifle has obvious applications. I maxed out assault rifle and sniper rifle on my first guy and put 7 into shotgun.

Skaw
posted 12-04-2007 09:57:13 PM
quote:
Stalwart Steve had this to say about pies:
But if that's true then you can still do about the same DPS by just crouching from far away with an assault rifle huhu

I dunno any Assault Rifles that can do over 8000 damage all at once. Heh

Skaw fucked around with this message on 12-04-2007 at 09:58 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 12-05-2007 12:10:05 AM
You lie knave

Burori
Pancake
posted 12-09-2007 07:53:18 PM
This game just reached a new high for me. The voice actress Grey DeLisle who is Princess Azula is in this game. She plays a minipulating Asari named Nassarai or something along those lines. Man that was a mean bitch.
Neverwinter Nights Characters:

Race: Dwarf
Name: (Kill) Kilinus
Class: Fighter/Weapon Master/ Doom Knight
Level: 14
Allignent: Neutral Evil
Diety: Bane

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-09-2007 07:56:26 PM
Graaaagh, I really can't find the motivation to get these other achievements and play the game 4 times over for them all.

Can we import our characters into the sequel or what?

Tier
posted 12-09-2007 08:00:13 PM
quote:
Mortious stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Can we import our characters into the sequel or what?

yes

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-09-2007 08:14:23 PM
Ok, I might as well slog through this shit another 4 times then.
Steven Steve
posted 12-10-2007 03:36:11 PM
I've already beaten it four times, haha. I'm working on my fifth now, in which I should finish the ally achievements.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-10-2007 04:02:44 PM
So what bonuses do you get for the ally achievements?
Steven Steve
posted 12-10-2007 05:58:15 PM
Let's see if I can remember... Soldier ally gives you a 10% reduction in weapon ability recharge, Quarian ally gives you 10% reduction in AI hacking and damping I believe, Sentinel ally gives you 10% reduction in lift and throw, and Krogan ally gives you a +1 regeneration rate. I imagine Asari ally gives you bonuses to barrier (or stasis) and singularity, and Turian ally probably gives you bonuses to sabotage and overload.

Stalwart Steve fucked around with this message on 12-10-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 12-10-2007 06:00:31 PM
If Bioware is kind (which they are not) then Asari ally may give bonuses to barrier, stasis, and singularity all at once for being so impossible to obtain.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 12-10-2007 11:57:17 PM
Infinite money.

After finishing the blackmail quest for the doctor in Citadel, you can sell items to her for twice the price. The catch is that buyback from her is also doubled. This is not the case for other merchants. Sell your 20 most expensive items, then travel to another merchant (C-Sec works best due to the rapid transit nearby) and you can use the buyback to get them back at 1/2 the price you sold them for. Repeat as needed until you're as rich as you like. There's something quite amusing about being level 8 with Spectre weapons.

Kennatsu
posted 12-11-2007 05:23:14 AM
I hope we don't have to pay for the DLC that comes out later. But we'll probably end up doing that anyway...
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-11-2007 10:14:05 AM
quote:
Stalwart Steve said:
If Bioware is kind (which they are not) then Asari ally may give bonuses to barrier, stasis, and singularity all at once for being so impossible to obtain.

Why is she so difficult to get?

I've skipped every single quest other than the main one and am going directly for her now.

Steven Steve
posted 12-11-2007 02:35:04 PM
Then you are doing it right, so far, but you also have to do every assignment as early as you can relative to the missions. If you do some of them after Virmire, it might not activate.

Tier
posted 12-11-2007 03:20:52 PM
hey guys i heard this game has sum alien lesbian action
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-11-2007 03:21:50 PM
god you guys are achievement fags
Skaw
posted 12-11-2007 03:26:21 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough had this to say about Cuba:
god you guys are achievement fags

Says the guy who actually played The Burning Earth.

Oh wait, you were being ironic.

Steven Steve
posted 12-11-2007 03:26:36 PM
man you gay mack

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-11-2007 03:29:06 PM
quote:
Skaw's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Says the guy who actually played The Burning Earth.

Oh wait, you were being ironic.

You should've commented on The Golden Compass right next to it.

The Burning Earth was actually fun for a little bit, but I only played that for a half hour. I beat the Golden Compass and that took like 8.

Steven Steve
posted 12-11-2007 03:38:13 PM
I see you have the Avatar game on your banner there, haha.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: