EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: San Diego's Burning Again
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 10-23-2007 11:24:01 PM
quote:
Naimah painfully thought these words up:
Isn't Cali a great place to live?

Only if your insane.

Honestly, I love it here, but it is greatly overrated. The weather isn't as good as everyone thinks, people are a lot more rude, housing is god-awful expensive, and the list could go on. On the upside, we really do have a lot of smoking hot woman.

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Alaan
posted 10-23-2007 11:36:55 PM
I'll take my small possibility of tornado over earthquakes, landslides, possible tsunamis, and forest fires thank you very much.
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 10-23-2007 11:46:53 PM
quote:
Callalron had this to say about Punky Brewster:
viola California Flambe.

I thought that was restricted mainly to San Fransicko?

http://www.bloodfin.net
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-23-2007 11:47:57 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about dark elf butts:
I'll take my small possibility of tornado over earthquakes, landslides, possible tsunamis, and forest fires thank you very much.

I lived in Texas for over 20 years and have never seen a tornado. It's kinda sad really.

Kermitov
Pancake
posted 10-24-2007 12:27:00 AM
quote:
Naimah thought about the meaning of life:
Isn't Cali a great place to live?

Cali is in Colombia. California is an awesome place to live.

quote:
Only if your insane.

Honestly, I love it here, but it is greatly overrated. The weather isn't as good as everyone thinks, people are a lot more rude, housing is god-awful expensive, and the list could go on. On the upside, we really do have a lot of smoking hot woman.

No the weather is better than everyone thinks... and you have to pay to live somewhere this nice

Peter
Pancake
posted 10-24-2007 09:24:57 AM
quote:
Naimah's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
I lived in Texas for over 20 years and have never seen a tornado. It's kinda sad really.

Move to OK?

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-24-2007 02:13:09 PM
Senator Diane Feinstein in response to the fires in Southern California. The stupidity...it burns...
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 10-24-2007 02:27:20 PM
quote:
Structural Damnatiity is failing, captain!
Senator Diane Feinstein in response to the fires in Southern California. The stupidity...it burns...
Translation:
quote:
We must not allow people to construct anything as flammable as buildings in flammable places such as California. They would be much safer in less flammable locations such as Alaska. Especially if they didn't vote for me.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-24-2007 02:43:54 PM
Well, she does have a point in that people have been incredibly stupid when it comes to landscaping their homes. It is entirely possible to landscape your residence with fire-resistant plants, drastically reducing the risk to your home. A handy example would be eucalyptus; these plants burn extremely easily, yet they abound in southern California. If you live in a place where wildfires are a regular phenomenon, it follows that you will have to make concessions when it comes to the plants you place around your home.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 10-25-2007 12:08:30 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Duck Tales:
Well, she does have a point in that people have been incredibly stupid when it comes to landscaping their homes. It is entirely possible to landscape your residence with fire-resistant plants, drastically reducing the risk to your home. A handy example would be eucalyptus; these plants burn extremely easily, yet they abound in southern California. If you live in a place where wildfires are a regular phenomenon, it follows that you will have to make concessions when it comes to the plants you place around your home.

There's more to it than plant selection.

Gadani
U
posted 10-25-2007 12:20:11 AM
This fire has been officially declared arson.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-25-2007 12:22:52 AM
quote:
`Doc had this to say about pies:
[QB][/QB]

You want me to go for two?

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-25-2007 12:30:29 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Gadani stammered:
This fire has been officially declared arson.

That, is some metal fuckin' arsonist.

Demos
Pancake
posted 10-25-2007 11:21:01 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough obviously shouldn't have said:
That, is some metal fuckin' arsonist.

Full Metal Arsonist?

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Gork
Pancake
posted 10-25-2007 08:29:58 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

Regardless of "People being incredibly stupid" This fire wouldnt have been stopped in many cases by *normal* damage minimization technique, the fire itself, aided by upwards of 70 mile an hour winds jumped the 15 freeway without so much as a by your leave. We are talking 8 lanes and breakdowns. My father spoke to one of his firefighter buddies that was caught in the middle of the fire as it swept over the "defensible" doublewide trailer he was assigned to protect. He said that there was a 4 foot deep tide of sparks/embers blowing past horizontally and flames reaching as high as 100ft. Thinking of what has been happening the past 3 days as a "wildfire" completly misses the fact that with the winds this is an out of control "Fire Storm." This really is in essence the living flame at work.

As far as the good senator: I didn't vote for her.

Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
Razor
posted 10-25-2007 08:43:46 PM
*sits in his RB Home* Home's safe, just sooty, and my place smells like a BBQ pit. we now know where all of the air leaks are in the house though. And my allergies are killing me, I'm about to head out to get a graded mask for fine particulates.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-25-2007 08:57:35 PM
Kill yourself.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: