EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: NASA chief: China will get to the Moon before we do
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 10-10-2007 01:54:30 AM
quote:
Maradon! impressed everyone with:
Our sun isn't going to burn out for an amount of time so vast that it's completely irrelevant to the survival of our species.

Our sun has five billion years left. The entire universe is only 14 billion years old.

Someone isn't considering the possible galactic effects of global warming.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-10-2007 02:16:46 AM
quote:
This one time, at Inferno-Spirit camp:
Someone isn't considering the possible galactic effects of global warming.

I'm not sure if you're serious or not.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-10-2007 02:23:02 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough had this to say about John Romero:
I'm not sure if you're serious or not.

You're surely kidding.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-10-2007 03:19:25 AM
quote:
How.... Tarquinn.... uughhhhhh:
You're surely kidding.

I'm concerned about whether you're sarcastic or not.

Tarquinn
posted 10-10-2007 03:31:50 AM
No, I am not.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-10-2007 03:36:17 AM
quote:
Tarquinn stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
No, I am not.

You ruined the fun little chain we had going.

Tarquinn
posted 10-10-2007 03:53:51 AM
I know.
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 10-10-2007 04:59:32 PM
Believe it or not, we don't actually have 5 billion years. In about 2 billion the Earth's internal dynamo will cool down and the planet will end up becoming a cold, dead planet like Mars (no volcanic or tectonic activity). Sometime even sooner than that the sun will have grown so hot that living on the surface will no longer be possible. That's assuming we don't end up destroying ourselves somehow.

So yeah. We do need to get off this planet eventually.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-10-2007 05:03:52 PM
quote:
Kennatsu had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Believe it or not, we don't actually have 5 billion years. In about 2 billion the Earth's internal dynamo will cool down and the planet will end up becoming a cold, dead planet like Mars (no volcanic or tectonic activity). Sometime even sooner than that the sun will have grown so hot that living on the surface will no longer be possible. That's assuming we don't end up destroying ourselves somehow.

Cite sources or I finally have an excuse to eradicate you.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-10-2007 05:43:20 PM
2 billion years is still a hella long time in human years.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-10-2007 06:14:06 PM
Who cares what happens to your homeworld when you're a Q.
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 10-10-2007 08:30:57 PM
quote:
Kennatsu Model 2000 was programmed to say:

I think you don't quite comprehend how long 2 billion years is.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Maradon!
posted 10-10-2007 08:41:17 PM
Yeah, Kenn is correct, although the time span is long enough that if life is still around it could very well evolve right along with the waning sun and get another couple billion years out of it.

Evolution or no, we've still got a span of time to work with that is so vast it's irrelevant to our survival as a species. Even if our development slows to a thousandth what it is, by the time the sun begins to die we will either be demigods or non-existent.

Zair
The Imp
posted 10-10-2007 08:43:39 PM
Honestly, I can't bring myself to care what will happen in 1,000 years, let alone a million, let alone a billion.

I mean, I'm a bad procrastinator, but if something is going to happen in two billion years, I think we can worry about it later.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 10-10-2007 08:58:08 PM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Tron:
Honestly, I can't bring myself to care what will happen in 1,000 years, let alone a million, let alone a billion.

I mean, I'm a bad procrastinator, but if something is going to happen in two billion years, I think we can worry about it later.

That's what they said about the ozone layer, and look at us now.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Maradon!
posted 10-10-2007 09:01:12 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Inferno-Spirit booooze lime pole over bench lick:
That's what they said about the ozone layer, and look at us now.

Uh hello? The ozone layer is the OLD regulation-necessitating environmental crisis, the hole closed in it's own so we switched to global warming.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 10-10-2007 11:19:03 PM
quote:
Maradon! impressed everyone with:
Uh hello? The ozone layer is the OLD regulation-necessitating environmental crisis, the hole closed in it's own so we switched to global warming.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

Maradon!
posted 10-10-2007 11:55:20 PM
I'm sure environmental phenomena do that all the time.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: