EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What is it?
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 07-28-2007 07:18:21 PM
quote:
So quoth Vorago:
I hate her for completely and spectacularly fucking up and over the anita blake novels after Obsidian Butterfly. Seriously, it is downright EPIC what she did to that damn series. And then continuing it further and further into realms of previously unexplored crap.

I made it two novels past Obsidian then just threw them both out and swore off the series forever

I admit they were enjoyable, but I started hating it due to teenage girls near me obsessing over it in ways that may qualify as criminally insane.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 07-29-2007 01:34:09 AM
quote:
leckzilla! enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Nah, that's missing the point. Fair enough if she wants to venture sideways and go into other stories but what i'm saying is from what I gather the ending's just plain, inexcusably lazy. All she talks about is one character being "the brightest witch ever" but nothing more is said because apparently she's too busy popping out ginglings. If she actually wrote more about interesting stuff and less about an irrelevant family that appears at the end it'd have been better. If she wanted to write about the offspring of the characters theres oppurtunities for books there but tying the ending of the characters that have been the basis for this huge great big world she's created would have been more of a priority surely?

I'm not saying she shouldn't have written about families and so on but it seemed like it was the focal point.

It wasn't *just* the kids. But she said the ending she had was so detailed that it was just cramming in too much information and it felt like that it was doing so. So she changed it to something simpler.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 07-29-2007 01:36:08 AM
quote:
Vorago was listening to Cher while typing:
I hate her for completely and spectacularly fucking up and over the anita blake novels after Obsidian Butterfly. Seriously, it is downright EPIC what she did to that damn series. And then continuing it further and further into realms of previously unexplored crap.

I made it two novels past Obsidian then just threw them both out and swore off the series forever

Yeah, the latest has her thinking she's pregnant and there are like what, 7 different potential fathers? When Anita Blake became Merry Gentry it just took what was a great series and turned it into total crap.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Talonus
Loner
posted 07-29-2007 07:47:20 AM
quote:
leckzilla! obviously shouldn't have said:
Fair enough if she wants to venture sideways and go into other stories but what i'm saying is from what I gather the ending's just plain, inexcusably lazy.

The actual ending to the story is perfectly fine. The epilogue basically reads like it was written like a bad fanfic author though. She probably wrote the shitty epilogue because the ending was too open considering her rabid fanbase; they wanted relationships to write bad fanfics about and would've bitched had they not gotten specific answer on who goes with who. Not that that'll stop them from writing Snape/Harry slash though...

Talonus fucked around with this message on 07-29-2007 at 07:47 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: