EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Poll of curiosity
Steven Steve
posted 09-11-2006 12:12:44 PM
Day one
Chest & Arms
Bench press 3x3
Skullcrushers 3x3
Preacher curl 3x3

Bench press 5x10
Pec flyes 5x10
Incline pec flyes 5x10
Cable flyes 5x10
Skullcrushers 5x10
Tricep pushdowns wide, medium, narrow 5x10
Dips 3x10
Wide barbell curls 5x10
Narrow barbell curls 5x10
Preacher curl 5x10
Hammer curl 5x10

Pistols x3

Plyo jumps long/high 5x3
Kicking & Active stretching
10 sprints
10 minute run
5 minute jump rope

Day two
Back, Shoulders, Abdominals
One handed row 3x3
Shoulder press 3x3
Foreward/lateral/back raises 3x3
Cossacks 3x3

Lat pulldown 5x10
Narrow lat pulldown 5x10
Front pulldown 5x10
Seated row 5x10
One handed row 5x10
Shoulder press 5x10
Foreward/lateral/back raises 5x10
Behind the back shrugs 5x10
Dumbell shrugs 5x10
Ab machine 5x10
Ab machine (obliques) 5x10

One armed push ups x3
Handstand push ups x3
Assisted one armed chin ups/pull ups x3

Plyo jumps long/high 5x3
Kicking & Active stretching
Gymnastic drills
10 sprints
10 minute run
5 minute jump rope

Day three
Legs, Forearms, Calves, Abdominals
Squats 3x3
Deadlifts 3x3
Cossacks 3x3

Squats 10x10
Leg extension 5x10
Deadlifts 5x10
Standing leg curls 5x10
Forearm machine 5x10
Calf raises 5x10
Calf presses 5x10
Ab machine 5x10
Ab machine (obliques) 5x10

Plyo push ups 5x3
Striking

Day four
Strength
Fast
Bench press 2x3
Overhead press 2x3
Squats 2x3
Deadlift 2x3

Slow
Bench press 2x3
Overhead press 2x3
Squats 2x3
Deadlift 2x3

Sex like 2-3 times a week for about 2 hours at a time

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Steven Steve
posted 09-11-2006 12:15:58 PM
I basically eat any and all food at the moment, although I don't tend to eat any fast food, pizza, or soup. I'm somewhat consistent in timing. Just a few minutes ago I had oatmeal, a banana, a whey shake, and orange juice. For the most part I eat at maintenance levels because it's hard as hell to do this much activity on a full stomach, haha.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-11-2006 12:16:52 PM
I'm intending to go on a 12 week gym binge when I've got some time back.

Also, I eat more or less what I please in a relatively healthy balance, and I take a men's multi, an antioxidant pill, and a low dose aspirin.

Yay healthy!

Pvednes fucked around with this message on 09-11-2006 at 12:18 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 09-11-2006 12:19:05 PM
You wanna get muss?

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-11-2006 12:20:31 PM
quote:
As the nuclear device detonated, President Stalwart Steve was quoted to say:

You wanna get muss?

Yes.

Yes I do.

Pvednes fucked around with this message on 09-11-2006 at 12:20 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 09-11-2006 12:22:02 PM
You know how you're gonna do it!?!?!?!?

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-11-2006 12:23:10 PM
It will be so.
Maradon!
posted 09-11-2006 03:31:53 PM
I find it hilarious that faz does exercises called "Skullcrushers" and "preacher curls"

I half expected to see a "50 cal full auto" exercise followed by a stimulating set of "bonesaws" and then maybe a "wholesale slaughter"

Sean
posted 09-11-2006 04:14:20 PM
Skullcrushers are a bitch
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 09-11-2006 08:08:55 PM
I'm boring.

3 times a week:

Run a mile and a half to 2 miles
Three sets of 20 pushups
Three sets of 20 situps
Three sets of 40 crunches

And when I'm feeling adventurous I do eight-count bodybuilders and a few self-destructs.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Led
*kaboom*
posted 09-11-2006 11:54:26 PM
Can I join your unit? This crap is killing me.

*gets her walker and hobbles around*

diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-12-2006 07:01:09 AM
I might as well post a response to my own thread. These posts make me feel very out of shape.

I’ve been effectively out of commission, exercise wise, for almost a year. Sitting in front of a desk, stressed, and eating Elios and other horrible foods.
I’m not nearly on the same level as the rest of you trunk benching bastards.

Right now, I’m just working on my core and endurance. I can finally run three miles without feeling like crap, got myself a Polati (sp?) ball for a chair (at home so no one can see me use it), and some very small weights. Pushups using the ball to stabilize… not every day yet, but soon, I hope. Jog at least 3 times a week a min of 2 miles. Various routines with the dumbbells, nothing too fancy (though, I do skull crushers as well).

I’m almost back at what I thought would be the minimum shape I’d ever be at. It’s actually surprising to see so many people so adamant about exercising.

Oh, and I’m not keeping a strict diet, and probably aren’t eating right, but at least my stuff isn’t pre-processed as much anymore.

I need to get myself a good trainer. The one at my gym pretty much doesn’t do anything... like he’s some kid just thrust into the job.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 09-12-2006 10:30:25 AM
From what I've seen at the gyms I go to, most trainers are full of shit. They'll tell you the semi-correct way of doing something, but they'll make sure to teach the way that will take freaking forever so that you need them alot longer.
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 09-12-2006 12:12:45 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Led stammered:
Can I join your unit? This crap is killing me.

*gets her walker and hobbles around*

My command is horrible with PT.

We only have organized PT twice a week and since we work a 7 day schedule, its a good chance that any one of us might see 1 PT day a week, if we're lucky.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Zaeron
Pancake
posted 09-12-2006 12:54:49 PM
Well, I've just moved to a new exercise routine, which is pretty intense. It will (hopefully) be a six day a week workout, consisting of biceps/triceps/forearms one day, and back/shoulder/chest the next. If I can keep it up, I'm pretty enthusiastic. I think it'll help my overall fitness a lot.

My big weak spot is cardio, especially jogging/running. I simply can't do it. I can only jog for two or three minutes before I become incredibly winded, to the point of having to rest for several minutes. I've been trying to improve my endurance, but it's hard when even a few minutes of running leaves me feeling like my lungs are about to burst out of my chest like some kind of alien.

As far as diet goes, I highly doubt I'm eating right. Oops. Living with my parents and working weird hours, plus the way my exercise routine fits into my day, makes it pretty hard to eat a solid diet of the things I should be eating.

Out of curiousity.. was anyone else surprised by how quickly weight lifting/fitness in general can balloon into a very time consuming thing? I started my fitness routine about a year ago, with a simple half hour in the gym, three times a week. Somehow, somewhere around the time I moved from machines to free weights, my workout exploded into almost 90 minutes, three times a week. Now I'm sitting around an hour, six days a week.

Sean
posted 09-12-2006 01:13:09 PM
If you want a short, effective workout, nothing beats a 5x5. Three days a week, you completely fucking destroy yourself, then rest up over the weekend for more punishment to come.

Monday – Heavy Day
Squat – 5 sets of 5
Bench – 5 sets of 5
Bent Over Row – 5 sets of 5

Wednesday – Light Day
Squat – 4 sets of 5
Military Press – 4 sets of 5
Deadlift – 4 sets of 5

Friday - Heavy Day
Squat – 5 sets of 5
Bench – 5 sets of 5
Bent Over Row – 5 sets of 5

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Steven Steve
posted 09-12-2006 01:36:33 PM
Yes, that would be effective, although I wouldn't recommend trying to fail your muscles on it for hypertrophy. It is a good program for strength.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: