EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Are transforming mecha really needed on the battlefield?
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-12-2006 12:20:21 AM
quote:
Anakha painfully thought these words up:
We have one, its called Darwinism!

It's not working very well.

Talonus
Loner
posted 08-12-2006 07:12:09 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor painfully thought these words up:
I am going to reply that if we can imagine that transforming mecha will/can/exist at some point, then we can imagine situations on the battlefield where there would be needed.... even if the situations only amount to being "Filler between toy commercials".

There. Settled.

So the future of mechs is Robot Jox?

Steven Steve
posted 08-12-2006 12:23:06 PM
"Are transforming mecha really needed on the battlefield?"

This sounds like the title of a ridiculous composition by a high school freshman.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-13-2006 04:57:44 PM
Closest thing to a transformable battlefield unit that I could ever see would be something like the tanks humans had in Starcraft; the ones where they could turn into stationary heavy bombardment platforms.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Malbi
posted 08-13-2006 05:36:32 PM
I've always liked the mechs in Gasaraki, granted they needed genetically engineered organic tendons to be able to move fluidly and quickly. That was their strenght they weren't as heavily armed as tanks or armored but in one sequence they literally were able to run through a tank squadron with impunity as they were just too fast for the tanks.
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Alaan
posted 08-14-2006 02:36:02 AM
quote:
Malbi had this to say about Tron:
I've always liked the mechs in Gasaraki, granted they needed genetically engineered organic tendons to be able to move fluidly and quickly. That was their strenght they weren't as heavily armed as tanks or armored but in one sequence they literally were able to run through a tank squadron with impunity as they were just too fast for the tanks.

And then the Hinds and Apaches show up and rape them.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: