EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Wiccan Soldier gets no religious symbol on his memorial plaque
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 07-16-2006 11:09:12 PM
Eh. The way I see it, the Navy can tell its people what type of skivvies to wear. They wouldnt blink and restricting the freedom of speech.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 07-17-2006 01:40:24 AM
The widow in question belongs to the local pagan group UBT and I are in. We have been following this story pretty closely, me more so than him, as I joined the group before he did.

Anyway, Chiistianity Today Magazine supports her wish to have the pentacle put on his gravestone.

quote:
Although our country was founded on a Judeo-Christian base, the Framers of the U.S. Constitution understood that religious freedom was for everyone, not just Christians. In other words, the only way that freedom can prevail for Christians is for Christians to stand up and fight for the minority beliefs and religions of others.

Without it, freedom will most likely be lost. And we will be left wondering whose freedoms we are really fighting for.

I say bravo for them.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 07-17-2006 12:12:27 PM
Admit it, Nae, you're into paganism just 'cause you like the nekkid ceremonies!
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 07-17-2006 09:27:19 PM
quote:
Bloodsage spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Admit it, Nae, you're into paganism just 'cause you like the nekkid ceremonies!

Well, I am not a Wiccan, but a naked ceremony would be cool.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: