EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: How underwhelming!
Yuri
posted 01-24-2006 08:07:50 AM
Okay! Some screenshots since my guild site is still down!

Here are some of the anubis like lietuentants of the sithlid army that attacked Cenarion Hold. Army owned them with the help of players

Here's the Army in their final formation as the final attack charged

This is one of the Collusoses. There were 3; 1 for each Hive in Sith. Big ass mobs with a shitload of hp and an ability that smacks everyone for 3k or so damage with a MASSIVE knockback that normally killed people from fall damage.

2nd Collosus.

3rd.

One of the Lieutentant Generals we had to fight at the Crystals of control.

Overall the event was pretty impressive. Blizzard however did nothing to alleviate lag and the server crashed about 9 times until people started logging. Once lag was managable, the event turned out to be pretty fun. I'll have more screenshots later and I'll answer any questions yall have.

Oh and I'm sure someone will ask, here are the rewards the Champion recieved other then his Legendary Sithlid Mount (Useable anywhere outside):

I know names are blocked, sorry. Gotta get a new converter program.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 01-24-2006 08:12:07 AM
gg on needing l33t inside infos on how to kill the collosus

WHO IS THIS MIGHTY FUROR TELLING JAGERMAESTRO HOW TO KILL THE MOBS IN THE SECOND COLLOSUS SCREENSHOT!? It is a mystery!

Snoota fucked around with this message on 01-24-2006 at 08:13 AM.

Yuri
posted 01-24-2006 08:15:40 AM
quote:
Snoota stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
gg on needing l33t inside infos on how to kill the collosus

WHO IS THIS MIGHTY FUROR TELLING JAGERMAESTRO HOW TO KILL THE MOBS IN THE SECOND COLLOSUS SCREENSHOT!? It is a mystery!

We ended up not using his advice anyways Straight up killed him with a few l33t strats we figured out

Also, here are some screenshots taken by some other person on our server blizz decided were good.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-24-2006 01:16:27 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Yuri said this:

I know names are blocked, sorry. Gotta get a new converter program.

Or you could have just cropped them large enough to make room for the shitty text.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-24-2006 01:30:10 PM
quote:
I want some of what Densetsu was smoking when they wrote this:
Or you could have just cropped them large enough to make room for the shitty text.

Or he could use Blizzard's recommended .tga converter program, Irfanview, but that woulda been smrt.

Maradon!
posted 01-24-2006 01:35:57 PM
The new shadowbolt rank sucks, and the new immo rank sucks even more.

The new corruption rank is pretty sweet, though.

Yuri
posted 01-24-2006 02:24:11 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis thought about the meaning of life:
Or he could use Blizzard's recommended .tga converter program, Irfanview, but that woulda been smrt.

Yeah.. Damn me for using the first thing I found so I could share these pictures with you guys. I'm such a dumbass.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-24-2006 03:12:35 PM
quote:
Yuri had this to say about Knight Rider:
Yeah.. Damn me for using the first thing I found so I could share these pictures with you guys. I'm such a dumbass.

Damn you for the game being out for more then a year and not having a solid, free program like irfanview to convert your screenshots.

Yuri
posted 01-24-2006 03:20:14 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Delphi Aegis:
Damn you for the game being out for more then a year and not having a solid, free program like irfanview to convert your screenshots.

I don't really take screenshots all that often. Plus I reformatted a few weeks ago and hadn't refound infraview.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-24-2006 04:52:58 PM
quote:
Yuri stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

Damn you for not having a proper image editor like Photoshop or even Paint Shop Pro.

Am i rite guys?

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Delphi Aegis
posted 01-24-2006 05:25:58 PM
quote:
From the book of Densetsu, chapter 3, verse 16:
Damn you for not having a proper image editor like Photoshop or even Paint Shop Pro.

Am i rite guys?

I could excuse not having those because they cost money or time to find. Irfanview is free and has been around for how long, though?

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 01-24-2006 05:35:37 PM
Or maybe you could excuse it because it's not your fucking business what program he uses to convert his screenshots, you fucking useless twat.

imo

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-24-2006 05:47:49 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Snoota:
Or maybe you could excuse it because it's not your fucking business what program he uses to convert his screenshots, you fucking useless twat.

imo

srsly

Though it would be nice to know what the items are. But that doesn't need to be on the pictures (pssst, what's the name of the items? My brother managed to figure out that the top one was Ravencrest's Legacy, the third was Runesword of the Red, and that the fourth one was Fang of Korialstrasz. The second he thinks is Shadowsong something but can't make out the second word).

Anyway, nice pictures yo. Looked like a blast. Were the colossi bigger than they look in the pictures though? I swore that they looked bigger in the pictures on the Ascent webpage.

Oh! Oh, and what happened in Tanaris and such? Said on your guild's site that silithid spawned all the way up in the Barrens. Did they attack the Crossroads or anything there? And in Tanaris, did the silithid try to rape Gadgetzan?

Willias fucked around with this message on 01-24-2006 at 05:48 PM.

Yuri
posted 01-24-2006 10:36:09 PM
quote:
Willias impressed everyone with:
srsly

Though it would be nice to know what the items are. But that doesn't need to be on the pictures (pssst, what's the name of the items? My brother managed to figure out that the top one was Ravencrest's Legacy, the third was Runesword of the Red, and that the fourth one was Fang of Korialstrasz. The second he thinks is Shadowsong something but can't make out the second word).

Anyway, nice pictures yo. Looked like a blast. Were the colossi bigger than they look in the pictures though? I swore that they looked bigger in the pictures on the Ascent webpage.

Oh! Oh, and what happened in Tanaris and such? Said on your guild's site that silithid spawned all the way up in the Barrens. Did they attack the Crossroads or anything there? And in Tanaris, did the silithid try to rape Gadgetzan?

Shadowsong's Sorrow is the dagger.

The Collosus were a lot bigger.. My screenshots really didnt do them justice.. the ones on our website or the one's skalagrim got are a lot better.

As for other zones, Sithlid were confirmed (I know for a fact) in Barrens (Attacking Crossroads) and Tanaris (Attacking Gadgetzan). There might have been more but as my screenshots show, I was in Sithlius the entire time since it was more interesting to me

Any other questions I'd be glad to answer.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-24-2006 11:16:12 PM
quote:
Yuri obviously shouldn't have said:
Shadowsong's Sorrow is the dagger.

The Collosus were a lot bigger.. My screenshots really didnt do them justice.. the ones on our website or the one's skalagrim got are a lot better.

As for other zones, Sithlid were confirmed (I know for a fact) in Barrens (Attacking Crossroads) and Tanaris (Attacking Gadgetzan). There might have been more but as my screenshots show, I was in Sithlius the entire time since it was more interesting to me

Any other questions I'd be glad to answer.

That's a pretty freakin' sweet world event.

Question, when it is set to start on a server, is there a specific time the events can start happening?

Yuri
posted 01-24-2006 11:49:13 PM
quote:
Willias stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
That's a pretty freakin' sweet world event.

Question, when it is set to start on a server, is there a specific time the events can start happening?

Well the events take place like this:

Server XYZ finishes all of the material farming - 5 day timers starts from the minute all mats from both sides are turned in.

5 days from Server XYZ's material farming completion, the Gong becomes usable by the scepter owner(s).

Once the Gong is hit by the first Scepter, the world events start in the various zones. Our event started at 2:30AM or so and lasted until 11ish AM when all the mobs and crystals ect despawned.

Overall I loved the event even though we had some horrible lag. I think it was very well done and on smaller servers, people will enjoy it immensly.

Demos
Pancake
posted 01-25-2006 03:33:45 AM
quote:
Yuri Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Well the events take place like this:

Server XYZ finishes all of the material farming - 5 day timers starts from the minute all mats from both sides are turned in.

5 days from Server XYZ's material farming completion, the Gong becomes usable by the scepter owner(s).

Once the Gong is hit by the first Scepter, the world events start in the various zones. Our event started at 2:30AM or so and lasted until 11ish AM when all the mobs and crystals ect despawned.

Overall I loved the event even though we had some horrible lag. I think it was very well done and on smaller servers, people will enjoy it immensly.

So, I take it you guys immediatly tried AQ20?

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Yuri
posted 01-25-2006 08:47:43 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Demos said:
So, I take it you guys immediatly tried AQ20?

Well one guild on our server who didnt even farm many materials (didnt change their raid schedule at all to farm more) ran directly into aq40 to try and get a worldwide first kill on sekram (they failed miserably). It has been cleared thought by now.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 01-26-2006 09:15:05 PM
quote:
Yuri was naked while typing this:
Okay! Some screenshots since my guild site is still down!

Here are some of the anubis like lietuentants of the sithlid army that attacked Cenarion Hold. Army owned them with the help of players

I want one!

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-26-2006 09:23:03 PM
Jaffa! Kree!

*blasts people at random with a 'zat* whee!

Aaron (the good one)
posted 01-26-2006 09:26:33 PM
quote:
That damn dirty Led rudely interrupted me to say;
Jaffa! Kree!

*blasts people at random with a 'zat* whee!

Hallow are the Ori

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 01-26-2006 09:58:33 PM
'zat guns rock, but I love a classic staff weapon!
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-26-2006 10:42:38 PM
quote:
Zephyer Kyuukaze had this to say about Knight Rider:
'zat guns rock, but I love a classic staff weapon!

*bonk!*

Delphi Aegis
posted 01-26-2006 10:46:40 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Led!
*bonk!*

You should have seen the episode where Teal'c TAPED TWO STAFF WEAPONS together end to end and was like "BLAM BLAM PEW PEW" down a line of people convienently placed just enough off to the side and not in front of him.

It was super awesome.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-26-2006 11:14:41 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis spewed forth this undeniable truth:
You should have seen the episode where Teal'c TAPED TWO STAFF WEAPONS together end to end and was like "BLAM BLAM PEW PEW" down a line of people convienently placed just enough off to the side and not in front of him.

It was super awesome.

The ending of that episode was hilarious. Killing a Goa'uld with a laser guided missle was fairly funny.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 01-26-2006 11:14:46 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Delidgamond wrote:
Hallow are the Ori

It's Hallowed, you goofy Canuck.

-H

Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 01-27-2006 03:22:48 AM
I will never see any of this.... I cant even manage to get my alts above about level 30'cos I solo so much... so I just keep making new chars on servers all over the place...

Abbikat fucked around with this message on 01-27-2006 at 03:24 AM.

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: