EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: 1.9 Out
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-04-2006 12:55:55 AM
quote:
Vorago's account was hax0red to write:
The queue system is putting lvl 60 players into the 10-19 WSG bracket who are promptly one-shotting the enemy team...

This patch is becoming more and more awesome by the minute

As well as the 20-29 bracket.

Speaking of...such a level 60 was in our game. Guess who still won 3/0? HURR!

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-04-2006 01:12:00 AM
quote:
Vorago stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
New bug just found, hah

Onyxia is respawning every 10 HOURS

Wrong.

Onxyia is on a 5-day reset timer that is seperate from the weekly maintenence. BWL, AQR, MC are all 7 day timers tied to the weekly maintenence.

Onyxia is scheduled to reset on all servers at 6am on wednesday morning. Then again five days later.. then again. etc. Theoretically, a guild could gank her just before the timer's up, soft reset the instance, enter after 6 am, gank her again, and not have to do so for 9 and a half days.

Addy
posted 01-04-2006 01:13:43 AM
These turn in quests are so lame. I hate time sinks.

I was hoping the raid one would be more interesting, but right now we are at the "LOL COLLECT A MILLION CARAPACES" part.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 01:18:21 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Vorago wrote:
The queue system is putting lvl 60 players into the 10-19 WSG bracket who are promptly one-shotting the enemy team...

This patch is becoming more and more awesome by the minute

That's awesome.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 01-04-2006 01:30:00 AM
Calculated out the total mats needed for each side...1.4mil for Horde, 2.8mil for Alliance, gg! Over 4mil things needed to be turned in! YAY TIME SINKS!

Though, the rep from the turnins is nice.

Maradon!
posted 01-04-2006 01:56:32 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Talonus who doth quote:
Eh, you're right. Every big content patch has been incredibly buggy and untested. The patches to fix those patches weren't as buggy.

And yes, I am incredibly jaded and bitter. I don't contain that hate to Blizzard though; I gladly spread the hate around the MMO industry in general.

I feel your rage - Bugs in a patch are something that is TOTALLY unprecedented in the MMO industry!

Mightion Defensor
posted 01-04-2006 02:15:54 AM
quote:
Maradon! wrote:
I feel your rage - Bugs in a patch are something that is TOTALLY unprecedented in the MMO industry!

Don't fret... I'm sure they'll use the experience to improve their testing processes so this never happens again, and the next patches will be bug-free.

I miss Illumination already, dammit. And since when are Innate Strength and Intellect Holy? I guess they techinally are, since you need to spend five points between the two of them the actually get any "Holy" powers...

I *do* like the fact Judgements don't fade as long as I keep hitting the mob with melee damage.

It does worry me that I haven't seen one Crit heal on Holy Light in 1.9...

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 02:28:31 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about Captain Planet:
Don't fret... I'm sure they'll use the experience to improve their testing processes so this never happens again, and the next patches will be bug-free.

Hahaha.

That's pretty funny. Has any MMO ever done that? :P

Anyway, it seems that Blizzard is only fixing bugs reported by players on the Test server. Some of this stuff should have been caught... and it wasn't.

But hey, at least they did fix the Paladin War Kodo bug!
You gotta wonder.
How they did something goofy like this. Early Test server stuff ftw.

Maradon!
posted 01-04-2006 02:47:33 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Willias who doth quote:
Hahaha.

That's pretty funny. Has any MMO ever done that? [/URL]

Thank you, that was the joke.

Dave
)_(
posted 01-04-2006 03:46:47 AM
Beastial Wrath seems nerfed big time it seems to me. The pet is mega slowed while under the effects, it doesn't have the aoe taunt anymore.

I also used two 30 min buff scrolls on my pet. they have lasted for an hour now.

I bet they'll put a new patch up soon.

Oreo
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 11:16:01 AM
I dunno, if I had to pick a favorite bug it would either be the banish bug or the inability to skill up fishing at all. Kudos to the brave guild on my server who tried Garr with hunter traps last night.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 01-04-2006 01:12:41 PM
quote:
Rockstar games presents; Oreo;
I dunno, if I had to pick a favorite bug it would either be the banish bug or the inability to skill up fishing at all. Kudos to the brave guild on my server who tried Garr with hunter traps last night.

Just kill all his little duders and tank a really, really pissed off Garr.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Alaan
posted 01-04-2006 01:17:02 PM
quote:
This one time, at Mightion Defensor camp:
It does worry me that I haven't seen one Crit heal on Holy Light in 1.9...

I've seen one crit. The Light just hates you.

Naj
I asked for a title and didn't get banned!
posted 01-04-2006 01:38:40 PM
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 01-04-2006 02:18:33 PM
What the heck is that?
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 01-04-2006 02:19:37 PM
Naj
posted 01-04-2006 02:22:12 PM
Everyone in the zone fell through the world after an AV ended. D:

edit: The screenshot isn't mine, I found it on the WoW General forum.

Naj fucked around with this message on 01-04-2006 at 02:23 PM.

Demos
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 07:35:55 PM
Happens at least once daily on Azgalor, its when the instance server crashes - people get displaced to some point underneath Alterac Mountains where they fall to death. You have to spirit rez and if you put in a ticket for your gold back, it gets deleted. Last time it happened to us, everyone in ever instance except Scholo wound up there....several hundred very pissed people. My guess is that scholo is run off the main world server since its still kinda connected, in that if you get knocked out of Kirtonos' room you wind up in the lake outside scholo.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Addy
posted 01-04-2006 09:04:13 PM
A guildmate of mine is running MC with perma cold blood right now.

No idea how he did it rofl.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 01-04-2006 09:17:49 PM
quote:
Rockstar games presents; Addy;

I hope he uses feint

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 01-05-2006 08:44:09 AM
We had the bosses at the end of the Temple event in ZF respawn on top of their corpses.

And the Witch Doctor spawned almost 20 zombies on us when I did it with a pick up group a few minutes ago.

Alaan
posted 01-06-2006 01:52:44 AM
So is my IF extremely fucking laggy or is it a known 1.9 bug about skill for trade skills being eaten? For the second time I've had an orange skill not give me a point. First time I lost 5 points in one shot, and I was only making them for grinding. buh bye 40 copper for nothing. This time I only lost 1 skill point.
DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 01-06-2006 02:38:35 AM
BWL was extremely laggy for us. Razorgore was in slow motion, so were the mobs, us, abilities. It was weird.
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-06-2006 02:39:25 AM
We couldn't even finish ZG due to weird server lag.
Naj
posted 01-06-2006 02:48:15 AM
quote:
Addy had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

We just had a mage with perma POM on in BWL. D:

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 01-06-2006 02:56:11 AM
Now I want to see a Druid or Shaman with perma NS.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-06-2006 03:01:00 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Batty was all like:
Now I want to see a Druid or Shaman with perma NS.

God I wish

Demos
Pancake
posted 01-06-2006 05:22:55 AM
We had a warlock use the zg trinket before casting Demon Armor...he wound up getting about 300 hp regen because it got factored in. And in a stunning bit of luck to go with it, he wound up in a level 20-29 bg.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-06-2006 01:26:56 PM
quote:
Demos stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
We had a warlock use the zg trinket before casting Demon Armor...he wound up getting about 300 hp regen because it got factored in. And in a stunning bit of luck to go with it, he wound up in a level 20-29 bg.

Wow. That's almost permanent free shadowbolts. 300 hp per 4 seconds is crazy.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-06-2006 02:10:06 PM
quote:
This is what Alaan is doing. This is what I want Alaan to do :

So is my IF extremely fucking laggy or is it a known 1.9 bug about skill for trade skills being eaten? For the second time I've had an orange skill not give me a point. First time I lost 5 points in one shot, and I was only making them for grinding. buh bye 40 copper for nothing. This time I only lost 1 skill point.

HOLY CRAP 40 COPPER

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-06-2006 03:22:21 PM
quote:
Bajah stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
HOLY CRAP 40 COPPER

The kind you craft with, not the money. Worth as much as 1g depending on your server.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-06-2006 04:42:06 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when JooJooFlop said this:
The kind you craft with, not the money. Worth as much as 1g depending on your server.

More, now, but hordeside.

btw, I pity horde guilds and alliance guilds that give the broodlord's head to a non-human. roflrofl, 40,000 dead bugs!!!!

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-06-2006 04:47:20 PM
quote:
This is what JooJooFlop is doing. This is what I want JooJooFlop to do :

That's what I was referring to. I can get 40 copper in like 20 minutes. Now, see, 40 bronze or 40 iron? That'd suck.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-06-2006 04:54:41 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

2g on Scarlet Crusade alliance last I played.

Vorago
posted 01-06-2006 05:01:29 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
More, now, but hordeside.

btw, I pity horde guilds and alliance guilds that give the broodlord's head to a non-human. roflrofl, 40,000 dead bugs!!!!

Our server's uber guild actually completed that last night, heh

40,000 silithid carapaces, wtfyo

Delphi Aegis
posted 01-06-2006 05:16:07 PM
quote:
Vorago stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Our server's uber guild actually completed that last night, heh

40,000 silithid carapaces, wtfyo

Yeah. We dropped broodlord the first night, but spent wednesday and thursday in there learning the tech packs and flamegor (need more hunters, wtfyo). Alliance has been half-assing it and fighting amongst each other.. we've got a shot now that we're in hardcore farm mode.

Alaan
posted 01-07-2006 12:57:29 AM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Optimus Prime:
That's what I was referring to. I can get 40 copper in like 20 minutes. Now, see, 40 bronze or 40 iron? That'd suck.

That is still 20 minutes gone, and quite often there are other people taking my copper, so 20 mins is fairly rare.

Flea
Pancake
posted 01-07-2006 05:18:07 AM
The event just after the massive farm of the shells is pretty awesome. It shows the reenactment of the gates closing. Zul'Jin should have the gates up soon enough. I'm betting in 2 weeks we have them open. A lot of the high-end horde guilds hate transencdence, however. And even though we want to get into AQ, we're letting them do a lot of the farming and rallying themselves and doing our own things.
Vorago
posted 01-07-2006 08:44:11 AM
quote:
Flea had this to say about Tron:
The event just after the massive farm of the shells is pretty awesome. It shows the reenactment of the gates closing. Zul'Jin should have the gates up soon enough. I'm betting in 2 weeks we have them open. A lot of the high-end horde guilds hate transencdence, however. And even though we want to get into AQ, we're letting them do a lot of the farming and rallying themselves and doing our own things.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-realm-zuljin&t=80676&p=1&tmp=1#post80676

Pretty cool idea I must admit

Although the idea of the most horrible group member you've ever seen now running around in a pile of MC epics scares me deeply...

Vorago fucked around with this message on 01-07-2006 at 08:51 AM.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-07-2006 01:09:16 PM
All Disorient effects have been renamed Incapacitate effects. This includes Gouge, Sap, etc.
All Confusion effects have been renamed Disorient effects. This includes Blind, Scatter Shot, etc.

Erf... that cannot be a good thing... o.O

Hardiness
Resistance is now applied to just Stun mechanics.

Wait a sec! *looks back up* ARGH!#^ Dammit, stupid rogues Back to being stunlocked again yay~

Warriors
Bloodthirst - The damage component has been increased to 45% of attack power.

Woohoo!

Enrage - The talent will now grant 5/10/15/20/25% extra damage when enraged, instead of 8/16/24/33/40%.

Dumbest nerf ever

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: