EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Sony sent me a reactivation thing for EQ
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-19-2005 07:59:19 PM
quote:
Ruvyen loves Parcelan like a fat kid loves cake
Only without the satellite-dish-sized eyes and nearly-nonexistent mouths that can suddenly expand to take up over half the face.

It is a commentary on anime characters and what they look like.

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 12-20-2005 01:57:28 AM
The combat revamp for EQII was basically what saved it from death as far as I'm concerned. I had actually quit the game back in April, came back for a short stint pre-LU13 then when DoF and the Combat Revamped happened I've been hooked ever since.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-20-2005 10:32:18 AM
It definitely put skill back into encounters. I got bored with Ceryse because all it was was button mashing and started Gwyn after I did the solo froglok quest. Didn't play for a while because of other things, then worked her up a bit before the CU. I had to relearn how to play her but she's incredibly fun now, especially since she got past the Hidden Shot hurdle. I really think that's when we come into our own, because prior to that we're mostly melee. Although even then it took skill to get that Cheap Shot-run around (or through) the mob-backstab move off.

I was happy they upgraded Cheap Shot's stun duration. It was practically useless pre-CU and it became our secret weapon afterwards.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Steven Steve
posted 12-20-2005 01:08:48 PM
Whoa, it's Pesco. Did I just seriously miss something or did he just come back?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-20-2005 03:18:19 PM
Pesco!

Did you see? They made it so poisons no longer drop when you die!

*happydances*

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-20-2005 03:23:47 PM
Just don't fall on your own sword. That would be embarrassing.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Pesco
posted 12-21-2005 05:23:43 AM
Heh, yea. Been waiting for that since they said they'd do it awhile back.

Prices had already skyrocketed for legendary poisons before the change due to the demend. Curious if the alchemists will take further advantage of the situation.

Not that it really matters for me, I get it at costs.

Oh yea, Merry Frostfell everyone!

Pesco fucked around with this message on 12-21-2005 at 05:31 AM.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-21-2005 10:13:43 AM
I have to make Leoric on the boards eat his words, though. He said he'd believe it when he saw it.

Of course it's having issues atm, still dropping and such, but I'm sure they'll work it out.

How do you get a Santa hat? I want a Santa hat

Malbi
posted 12-21-2005 12:16:45 PM
I had to cross a rainbow bridge made out of happiness, It gave me night mares...and froglocks look silly in santa hats
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 12-21-2005 02:25:49 PM
quote:
Malbi painfully thought these words up:
night mares

Are those like Black Stallions?

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-21-2005 04:38:39 PM
quote:
Malbi's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
...and froglocks look silly in santa hats

Lyinar Ka`Bael fucked around with this message on 12-21-2005 at 04:44 PM.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 12-21-2005 04:52:03 PM
If nothing else, you can't argue that EQ2 isn't a gorgeous game. Except maybe the player models. Those are up for debate.
Peter
Pancake
posted 12-21-2005 05:18:39 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
How do you get a Santa hat? I want a Santa hat

Talonus
Loner
posted 12-21-2005 05:25:26 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Kegwen said:
If nothing else, you can't argue that EQ2 isn't a gorgeous game. Except maybe the player models. Those are up for debate.

I wouldn't say gorgeous, but it is a good looking game. The player models are really fucking ugly though, there's no debating that.

Pesco
posted 12-21-2005 05:36:58 PM
There is a quest NPC under that huge tree for the santa hat.
Sean
posted 12-21-2005 05:37:02 PM
I haven't seen much of anything that made me think EQ2 was especially pretty.

All the screenshots I've seen look faded and washed out, kinda like Morrowind-lite.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Pesco
posted 12-21-2005 05:40:43 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I haven't seen much of anything that made me think EQ2 was especially pretty.

All the screenshots I've seen look faded and washed out, kinda like Morrowind-lite.

The screenshots don't do the game justice. I run around on Extreme Quality and screenshots just don't seem to get the same texture resolution as the game does. No idea why though.

Pesco fucked around with this message on 12-21-2005 at 05:41 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-21-2005 05:43:50 PM
EQ2 looks bad.
Malbi
posted 12-21-2005 08:07:32 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Captain Planet:

well what I call silly you might call cute
Im sure Gwyn will be precious

and by Nightmares I mean this horse is pitch black with plate bardingon the head and saddle, with flames coming out of its eyes and hooves, and the good side citygets a similar horse with blue mist and white skin.

other 2 interesting mounts in game are the barded mounts and flying carpet from the expansion and a guild related ghost horse.

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-21-2005 08:14:27 PM
The glory of WoW is that good and evil are not really around. Everyone's evolved (or devolved) to a fight purely for survival.

Humans are noble homesteaders, but also violently racist and supremacist. Dwarves are fastidious little producers, but are also defilers of the earth and care very little for who's affected by their plundering. Gnomes are cute and cuddly, but also dangerously reckless. Night Elves are stalwart defenders of nature, but also greedy xenophobes who would sell their new allies out in a heartbeat to regain their immortality.

Likewise, the Orcs are vicious brutes, but also a noble people trying to rebuild their shattered culture. The Tauren are sturdy defenders and don't brook any intruders in their land, but they are nurturers and tenders of nature. The Trolls are violent and bloodthirsty, but they are honorable allies who defend the Horde proudly and unwaveringly. Even the Forsaken, who are currently plotting to wipe out the humans, are acting in the name of self-defense (though it's a nearly-invisible line between self-defense and genocide with them).

I look forward to the day when narrow-minded, cliched plotlines like EQ2's are done away with.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-21-2005 10:41:05 PM
quote:
So quoth Pesco:
There is a quest NPC under that huge tree for the santa hat.

Ah, is that Pinchy's quest?

The lag was so bad tonight in game I logged off to try again maybe Friday when I'm off. Was also busy watching Mr and Mrs Smith. That is an awesome movie.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: