EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: SWG New Experience Tutorial Screenshots
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 11-08-2005 02:55:17 AM
quote:
From the book of Mightion Defensor, chapter 3, verse 16:
Open the regular launchpad, and after you put in your username and password, there's a button atthe bottom that says "Test Center". Log into that, and prepare for a VERY long patch.

The TC patch wasnt too bad for me. It was patching from just after the CU on the live servers that killed me.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 11-08-2005 06:21:16 AM
Logged in briefly today to clean out my SWG mailbox (OMG! ) and to try to see if I could get onto the Test Centre to try the NGE...

I wasnt been able to get into the Test Centre to check these changes, so I dont know if I'll like them or not.. but I kinda like what I've read so far. All of my accounts are still active, so I'll login after the changes go live and play around for a while. If I like it, I'll probably become more active there again (juggling time between all my many MMOs again.. oy vey )

I hope it will kinda be like the original game I bought and started playing way back in the beginning, but I doubt it... Some of the changes through the years have been good, some have been an absolute disaster IMHO.. (introduction of Jedi for one... the Combat Upgrade for another). I loved the way the game was originally.. there should be no Jedi IMHO.. after all, technically according to the timeline of setting between ANH and ESB they want to run (or originally ran with.. it's hard to tell now with so much stuff from the prequels getting added to the game) there was only Luke (and Yoda after a fashion), Vader, and the Emperor.. to my mind, the introduction of Jedi ruined the game (not only because they caved in to the "OMG I WANNA BE JEDI!!!11!~!1!" whiners..)

Anyways... long ramble short... I'll wait for it to go live, log in, and see..

Oh, BTW Mort... Aurinx Bloodrain that you deleted from the guild on Aug 3.. that was one of my chars (well my roomie, when he felt like playing). Can we get the character re-added after the NGE goes live? (Not sure if I'll be logging in before then..

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-08-2005 08:28:46 AM
quote:
Abbikat said:
Oh, BTW Mort... Aurinx Bloodrain that you deleted from the guild on Aug 3.. that was one of my chars (well my roomie, when he felt like playing). Can we get the character re-added after the NGE goes live? (Not sure if I'll be logging in before then..

Sure thing. I honestly though you'd quit the game entirely.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-08-2005 09:26:28 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Abbikat!
there should be no Jedi IMHO.. [/small]

Star Wars isn't Star Wars without Jedi. I doubt people would be complaining if the class was easy to get like it is now and balanced. They just hate it because it has always been such a bitch to get.

And you're complaining about Jedi being so horrible for the game yet you have one?

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-08-2005 10:54:11 AM
I don't care about other people getting to be Jedi easily, I'll forever have an advantage over them with the Elder Jedi rewards. I get a bonus damage crystal, unique. I get an "Elder Dark Jedi" title to lord over them.

.. and I get kick-ass Dark Jedi Master robes. This is my favourite vet reward by far.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-08-2005 11:08:57 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Pirotess:
I don't care about other people getting to be Jedi easily, I'll forever have an advantage over them with the Elder Jedi rewards. I get a bonus damage crystal, unique. I get an "Elder Dark Jedi" title to lord over them.

.. and I get kick-ass Dark Jedi Master robes. This is my favourite vet reward by far.

There was a reason I quoted Abbi in my reply

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-08-2005 11:18:38 AM
quote:
Mortious said:

These:

But with my head. The person posing with those robes on has long hair, and a Dark Jedi with long hair and a mullet.. does not look right.. not at all.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 11-08-2005 11:29:13 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor Model 2000 was programmed to say:
It only works if you have the Special Edition.

I think you might have missed the joke.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-08-2005 01:36:59 PM
Mightion Defensor
posted 11-08-2005 02:09:34 PM
One thing aboutr the vet rewards.... do you know the difference between a pre-pub-9 Jedi and a current Padawan with one novice box when it comes to the vet rewards?

Nothing.

That means I'll be getting that Jedi robe too, and the crystal, and the glowieability...

Would be nice if they let us choose which unique color crystal we wanted... it will hardly be a unique reward if every Jedi out there has one...

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-08-2005 04:00:02 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor said:
One thing aboutr the vet rewards.... do you know the difference between a pre-pub-9 Jedi and a current Padawan with one novice box when it comes to the vet rewards?

Since I was the first Jedi in AV, you're all my apprentices. Teehee.

Mightion Defensor
posted 11-08-2005 04:17:38 PM
It kinda sucks that pre-NGE Jedi won't get all the stuff post-NGE Jedi will get as they move up the ranks - the issued backpack, the issued Krayt Dragon Pearl, the Force-sensitive ring... etc...

I went looking for a weaponsmith buff from an entertainer today, couldn't find an ATK entertainer. MO, Coronet, Theed, even Mustafar were deserted. Reason is, converted lightsabers don't use speed or SAC anymore- so people were advising making sabers fully experimented for damage.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-08-2005 04:19:26 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor said:
I went looking for a weaponsmith buff from an entertainer today, couldn't find an ATK entertainer. MO, Coronet, Theed, even Mustafar were deserted. Reason is, converted lightsabers don't use speed or SAC anymore- so people were advising making sabers fully experimented for damage.

Meh, I'll make one after the NGE goes live.

I don't really care if my 3rd gen comes out crap, it's purely for grinding I'll only be using it until I can make a 4th gen.

Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 11-08-2005 05:32:24 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Pirotess:
Star Wars isn't Star Wars without Jedi. I doubt people would be complaining if the class was easy to get like it is now and balanced. They just hate it because it has always been such a bitch to get.

I dont believe the game should have Jedi in it. Not because they are/were "OMG UBER" compared to everything else, or because it was such an incredible grind to actually get to that profession (and then grind out the profession itself)... but because the simple fact remains (as I said already) that in the timeline the game is (was) set, there were no Jedi apart from Luke, Yoda, Vader, and the Emperor. If they want to keep the game true to the timeline, then Jedi are *zip*.

The first thing that will happen when the NGE goes live is that there'll be 9 hundred billion billion Jedi created (well... maybe not that many, but I'll bet good money that EVERYONE with an account creates a Jedi character).

quote:
And you're complaining about Jedi being so horrible for the game yet you have one?

Yes.

And I am aware of the hypocrisy/irony of the situation. It's my own personal feeling about the game that it doesnt need Jedi to be Star Wars.

However, if they're going to put them in, then of course I'm gunna jump at the chance to have one. What true Star Wars fan/geek wouldnt??

quote:
Check out the big brain on Mortious!
Since I was the first Jedi in AV, you're all my apprentices. Teehee.

ABBIKATT: I will do whatever you ask.

KAVOL: Good.

ABBIKATT kneels before KAVOL.

ABBIKATT: I pledge myself to your teachings. To the ways of the Sith.

Abbikat fucked around with this message on 11-08-2005 at 05:39 PM.

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-08-2005 05:35:13 PM
So with the elimination of item decay/damage, is there any penalty to death now? I can get blown up in my spaceship all I want without worrying about my parts becoming crap?
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-08-2005 05:52:04 PM
quote:
Abbikat said:
ABBIKATT: I will do whatever you ask.

KAVOL: Good.

ABBIKATT kneels before KAVOL.

For Gods sake don't tempt me like that.

Mightion Defensor
posted 11-08-2005 06:19:54 PM
Hmmm... should I get the Arbiter (Light) or Opressor (dark) robe when NGE goes live... assuming they fix the bug with the reward mission from Obi-wan on Tat first...

My Jedi's been a pretty nice guy, for an Imperial Jedi... I gave Pwwwz (or whatever his name was) the crystal (meaning I had to fight him to free him from it's influence) instead of keeping it from him.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-08-2005 06:22:37 PM
When does this go live?

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-08-2005 06:30:43 PM
quote:
How.... Lyinar Ka`Bael.... uughhhhhh:
When does this go live?

I'm hearing November 15th.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-08-2005 06:33:37 PM
I shall be off from work by then I believe. Hmmmmm.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-08-2005 06:40:48 PM
God damn it. I'm trying to make a new character to take through the tutorial but I'm getting that "no rampy worky" shit. Worked fine for the first character I made.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Mightion Defensor
posted 11-08-2005 07:19:17 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr fell asleep and read just about every paragraph.
I'm hearing November 15th.

I almost hope it doesn't. It needs a lot of issues fixed, from what I'm hearing and from my own experience.

In other news, you should see all the Mustafarian bunkers about 1.5k out from Mos Eisley. It took me a while to find a place for mine... amongst all the PA halls and such....

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-08-2005 07:31:09 PM
What are those?

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 11-08-2005 08:21:53 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop painfully thought these words up:
God damn it. I'm trying to make a new character to take through the tutorial but I'm getting that "no rampy worky" shit. Worked fine for the first character I made.

Yar.. I started feeling like a tool with all the other jedi runnin around with polearms, so I made a Spy..

fucking Falcon..

Try making new characters early in the morning.

BTW.. theyare making ADK's into SHIT. I just got my one year, and am putting it off in hopes they make it worthwhile.

(ADK, if ya aint heard, is being turned into a one shot respec, that only changes your Prof, and you lose all levels. Kinda worthless when you get a 10 full respec clicky item when this goes live.)

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Mightion Defensor
posted 11-09-2005 02:09:38 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael fell asleep and read just about every paragraph.
What are those?

The Mustafarian bunkers? They're the house we got for pre-ordering Trials of Obi-Wan. I've made mine my house. It's due east of the city hall, across the river, and slightly south-southeast of there...

I put guild:AV on the entry list, so any AV member can enter it.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 11-09-2005 02:23:55 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor spewed forth this undeniable truth:
The Mustafarian bunkers? They're the house we got for pre-ordering Trials of Obi-Wan. I've made mine my house. It's due east of the city hall, across the river, and slightly south-southeast of there...

I put guild:AV on the entry list, so any AV member can enter it.

Wasn't just for preordering. I bought it like 2 days ago when I reinstalled SWG and I've got a bunker deed somewhere.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Peter
Pancake
posted 11-09-2005 06:29:29 AM
Hmmm, Crafters now get their classes combined. Looking at the muntions skill tree, It is Artisan, WS, AS and Merchantall tied up into one. Though i didn't look hard enough, bu I don't belive it is all of Artisan, Unless I missed were you have vehical crafting. Also, I have a feeling they will finally put in conventional NPC vendors.

--Would be nicer if say they split it into 8 subclasses and let the Trader choose 2 out of the 8

Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 11-09-2005 12:12:33 PM
Wow... I logged on today for the first time in like 2 years. My character is apparently "level 49" (though I've used all my points in various branching out such as medic, scout, CH and swordsman). The sword skills look pretty awesome. And will be baleeted. I also got re-aquainted with my pets: Vhyun the Ku Pa (which is level 10 so he should survive!), Mothra, several other assorted "generic big pets".. My R3 Bumblebee. All my various equipment is all there, custom-made by the big crafters from 2 years ago that probably quit by now. Got a bundle of veteran rewards. I kinda missed the scenery.

I also attempted to create a character on the test server, but my lack of JtL made the beginning of the tutorial loop infinately. It's kind of amusing. I attempt to trigger the cutscene to get on the Falcon, but it sends me to the intro cinematic again. I enter the med ward, with my gun still equipped, and got another gun from the cabinet. I had about 6 guns before the amusement factor wore off and I quit out.

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 11-09-2005 02:58:32 PM
quote:
I dont believe the game should have Jedi in it. Not because they are/were "OMG UBER" compared to everything else, or because it was such an incredible grind to actually get to that profession (and then grind out the profession itself)... but because the simple fact remains (as I said already) that in the timeline the game is (was) set, there were no Jedi apart from Luke, Yoda, Vader, and the Emperor. If they want to keep the game true to the timeline, then Jedi are *zip*.

There were other Force sensitive people out there. Its not like Jedis were like 1 born in 5 hundred million. I mean, what about Kyle Katarn, for example? Now, there are not a lot of Jedi masters left in that time, but people who are sensitive to the force would still be being born.

"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-09-2005 03:17:05 PM
Dossik will be Dark Jedi Apprentice. Dossk wants to learn to bounce people off ceilings and walls with the power of Dossik's own mind.

Dossik wants to keep his hat, however.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Peter
Pancake
posted 11-09-2005 06:17:19 PM
P'ter Will still be a Smith, But since we can have more than on charecter per server now, I Am thinking some commando looks fun, and if the grind isn't so bad, i will make a shipwright/whatever alt.

...Whao Just thought means AV might be flooded with a buttload of crafting, since like say Lovak will no be the same as an MA, Chef and Tailor I think.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 11-09-2005 07:26:34 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Dossik will be Dark Jedi Apprentice. Dossk wants to learn to bounce people off ceilings and walls with the power of Dossik's own mind.

Dossik wants to keep his hat, however.

I'm going Rebel after release.

Dossik gonna be a scaley rug for my Yacht.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-09-2005 09:06:27 PM
Haha, they fired Tiggs.
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 11-09-2005 09:16:54 PM
I heard that... but then heard they didn't..

What for?

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-09-2005 09:19:21 PM
Who knows, those people are all crazy.
Peter
Pancake
posted 11-10-2005 12:03:00 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop was naked while typing this:
Haha, they fired Tiggs.

Forum post for this? A Website?

--This NGE has to hove been in the works for a while now, I Would bet dollars to doughnuts that this was being cooked up right after JTL or early on with RoTW.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-10-2005 06:39:46 AM
quote:
Peter said:
Forum post for this? A Website?

--This NGE has to hove been in the works for a while now, I Would bet dollars to doughnuts that this was being cooked up right after JTL or early on with RoTW.

The NGE has been worked on since the CU, LucasArts threatened to take the license away from SOE so they made a back-up plan. This is it.

Peter
Pancake
posted 11-10-2005 06:52:28 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Tron:
The NGE has been worked on since the CU, LucasArts threatened to take the license away from SOE so they made a back-up plan. This is it.

I got that feeling, looking back now, the CU and The Jedi changes and even how fast they poped out those expansion were all just a bandaid to keep people on/Raise some quick cash.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 11-10-2005 07:22:14 AM
quote:
Anakha said this about your mom:
There were other Force sensitive people out there. Its not like Jedis were like 1 born in 5 hundred million. I mean, what about Kyle Katarn, for example? Now, there are not a lot of Jedi masters left in that time, but people who are sensitive to the force would still be being born.

and.. with no one to train them they'd ... ?

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-10-2005 03:05:05 PM
Teeheehee.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: